Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fisher on Covid List

CR91

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eberflus missed almost 2 weeks. Unless he is unvaccinated and it’s just a close contact this all but guarantees he won’t be ready week one and puts him farther out to come back. Hopefully it’s just a 5 day close contact.

Meh he probably would’ve missed the first 2-3 games anyways. It’s a minor setback nothing long term.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eberflus missed almost 2 weeks. Unless he is unvaccinated and it’s just a close contact this all but guarantees he won’t be ready week one and puts him farther out to come back. Hopefully it’s just a 5 day close contact.

It also could be an amazing use of the list to gain a roster spot for a week longer.... Not sure if covid list counts against roster for cut purposes?

25 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Meh he probably would’ve missed the first 2-3 games anyways. It’s a minor setback nothing long term.

Then that probably sets him back to 5 or 6 games. He is going to have to practice in team drills a couple weeks before playing. Hopefully it’s just 5 days. Plus he can’t be at the facility yo rehab.

We will see, seems like a lot of assumptions based on little information 

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Then that probably sets him back to 5 or 6 games. He is going to have to practice in team drills a couple weeks before playing. Hopefully it’s just 5 days. Plus he can’t be at the facility yo rehab.

26 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

It also could be an amazing use of the list to gain a roster spot for a week longer.... Not sure if covid list counts against roster for cut purposes?

Covid list will have no bearing here because he will be off it by the time the season starts . Fisher has to be put on the 53 before he can be put on IR.  All this does is probably delays his return longer. I think we will be ok. Not worried just sad this probably delays his return.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You always crack me up.  You're king (I assume) of the meme's!

They work much better than typing things out with one hand

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

There’s been hardly any updates on Dayo and this guy has been wrong a lot. I’ll like to see other more reliable sources reporting tbh.

I am pretty sure Zak Keefer and Kevin Bowen have said the same thing earlier in the week

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Or you can look at it as a positive.  Build up those antibodies so there's less chance of getting it later in the year when he's playing.

Don't forget. Without getting too technical, immunity is a combination of T-cell immunity and antibodies, the T-cells will remember. I sometimes wonder if the inspiration for T'Challa character came from T-cells, LOL. :) 

Seriously, whether they are vaccinated or not, now would be the most ideal time to get Covid if they ever were. Gives them the 2 weeks before the season starts and should have natural antibodies for the next 4-8 months.

I'm thinking that if he's asymptomatic, just send him whatever equipment he needs and do all the communications on zoom. It's an almost healed achilles. Not an acl that is requiring full rehab by a staff. That's my layman expert medical opinion anyway. 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He will have homework its not like he has to stop rehab he just has to stop doing it in person. This doesn't have to lengthen the time hes out unless its completely miss managed. 

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

He will have homework its not like he has to stop rehab he just has to stop doing it in person. This doesn't have to lengthen the time hes out unless its completely miss managed. 

It’s not about being able to rehab on his own. It’s about that is another week where there is no chance of a padded practice. Let’s say he was going to come off pup next week. Well that is a week of practice he will  now lose.  Hopefully he isn’t out as long as Reich and Eberflus.

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s not about being able to rehab on his own. It’s about that is another week where there is no chance of a padded practice. Let’s say he was going to come off pup next week. Well that is a week of practice he will  now lose.  Hopefully he isn’t out as long as Reich and Eberflus.

There was no guarantee that was going to practice in pads next week or am I missing something 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

There was no guarantee that was going to practice in pads next week or am I missing something 

Of course not. But next Tuesday he would either have to be put on IR or stay on the 53. Your right it doesn’t really matter if he wasn’t going to start practicing in the next week or so anyway. 

Archived