Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the first pick of the 2022 NFL draft

CR91

So we've seen the moves this off-season and three teams I see fighting over the worst record in the NFL this upcoming season are the Texans, the Lions, and the Jags.

Texans - The Texans even if Watson plays are still a terrible defense and there biggest signing this off-season is Mark Ingram. They are a terrible team and my pick for the first pick.

Lions - I'm not a fan of Dan Campbell. Hes not impressive at all and imo got worse when they traded Stafford and lost Golladay. It's gonna be a long rebuild for the Lions.

Jags - I could care less if they got Lawrence. Their line is gonna get him killed especially with their lack of weapons. Chark, Robinson, and Shenault don't impress me and their defense is still terrible. Good luck Goldilocks. Paye and Buckner will welcome you soon enough.

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

So we've seen the moves this off-season and three teams I see fighting over the worst record in the NFL this upcoming season are the Texans, the Lions, and the Jags.

I believe the Lions and Jags are improved, but I agree that the Texans are a mess all around. They may indeed have the worst record next season. 

My choice for worst or second worst is the Eagles. They were not particularly good last year and have not gotten much better. In fact, I believe they have regressed without Wentz. 

The Jets are always among the worst. With a rookie QB, they may lose many games, but I believe the future looks good for them.

If Dak does not play, Dallas may be up there too. 

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Texans - The Texans even if Watson plays are still a terrible defense and there biggest signing this off-season is Mark Ingram. They are a terrible team and my pick for the first pick

The Texans also apparently have the oldest team per this post by the Colts' very own Andrew Walker:

On 5/22/2021 at 11:37 PM, CR91 said:

Texans - The Texans even if Watson plays are still a terrible defense and there biggest signing this off-season is Mark Ingram. They are a terrible team and my pick for the first pick.

Lions - I'm not a fan of Dan Campbell. Hes not impressive at all and imo got worse when they traded Stafford and lost Golladay. It's gonna be a long rebuild for the Lions.

Jags - I could care less if they got Lawrence. Their line is gonna get him killed especially with their lack of weapons. Chark, Robinson, and Shenault don't impress me and their defense is still terrible. Good luck Goldilocks. Paye and Buckner will welcome you soon enough.

Wait, the Jags???  They just signed Tebow!!!  :rock:

On 5/23/2021 at 6:48 AM, NFLfan said:

The Texans also apparently have the oldest team per this post by the Colts' very own Andrew Walker:

Thanks for this...

But I’d add and remind....    this is based on the current 90-man roster.    I’ll bet when it’s early September and teams are down to the 53/55 man week one rosters, I won’t be surprised if the Colts roster is even younger than tied for 8th. 

On 5/23/2021 at 4:11 PM, John Hammonds said:

I'm gonna say the Jets.  They've been such a snakebit team for years that can't help but pick them.

Getting production out of QB is one thing, winning games is another. Tough division to play with, the AFC East. W.r.t lack of QB play and talent, the Texans have to take the cake. Playing the NFC West and AFC East like us will be no joke and it will come down to the 2 AFC teams - Texans and Jets, IMO.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, CR91 said:

For what it’s worth...

This is the projected first 10 picks in the 2022 draft from Football Outsiders....

1.   NY Jets

2.  Houston

3.  Carolina

4.  NY Giants

5.  Cincinnati

6.  Chicago

7.   Detroit

8.   Philadelphia 

9.   LA Chargers

10.  J’Ville

FO calls their Chargers pick the most controversial.   They say they love Herbert, but not the rest of the team.  Personally,  I think Houston is the obvious front runner for the first pick until proven otherwise. 

I wonder how Washington will fare this year. They've got a pretty decent team overall, but they'll be relying on Fitzmagic as their main man, with Kyle Allen in the wing. 

Of course, all of the teams in the NFC "L"east could be particularly bad again this year. Seems like a good chance one of those four could be at the very bottom. 

Archived