Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Comments On Work Out (Briefly)

Dan

Sort of the news I've been waiting for, although he hasn't come out and said it yet. This draft season has actually got me checking twitter, which I'm kind of embarassed about. I kind of think he's going to announce the pick on there.

Just in case of possible speculation, I should make it clear the "Lock it up ladies and gentlemen, Andrew's the pick." was my own addition, not part of the tweet!

"

But he did tweet "everyone shut it down....they're coming!" whatever that means. I gave up a long time ago trying to decipher meaning in his messages.

Any clue on those names he's mentioning, like Austin Borgen?

But he did tweet "everyone shut it down....they're coming!" whatever that means. I gave up a long time ago trying to decipher meaning in his messages.

Any clue on those names he's mentioning, like Austin Borgen?

Yep -

45]

Austin Borgen...your out of your element!

Retweeted by Austin borgen

45]

image_normal.jpg

@JimIrsay why dont you have an iphone ... blackberry is old news

Eric Swihart @EWitness

I have no clue what @JimIrsay is ever talking about

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay

Eric Swihart...obviously,your not a golfer!

etc... just the name of who he's replying to!

Just checked our mighty owner's Twitter page...

tony cardinal@cardinal_tony

@JimIrsay So, I know u won't answer, but I'm gonna ask anyway.....how was the workout with Luck??? I'm betting it was excellent

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Yes I can answer ur ? Tony Cardinal.."His workout was bleepin' UNBELIEVABLE!!"

Lock it up ladies and gentlemen, Andrew's the pick.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Luck has been the pick since the day we went 2-14 and the release of PM just cemented it. The other talk has just been just that talk!

but could all of this be because RG3 turned down work outs for the colts? after hearing about the RG3 situation i was getting the feeling RG3 didnt really want to be a colt and is happy to be a redskin. i mean either way both teams are going to see the post season year after year with these two kids, but it kinda has the Eli Manning/Philip Rivers feel to it lol. i could be wrong though. but im glad Irsay felt that way about Lucks workout. i would rather have luck a colt then RG3. is it safe to pre order my luck jersey now?

but could all of this be because RG3 turned down work outs for the colts? after hearing about the RG3 situation i was getting the feeling RG3 didnt really want to be a colt and is happy to be a redskin. i mean either way both teams are going to see the post season year after year with these two kids, but it kinda has the Eli Manning/Philip Rivers feel to it lol. i could be wrong though. but im glad Irsay felt that way about Lucks workout. i would rather have luck a colt then RG3. is it safe to pre order my luck jersey now?

I highly doubt it - I think the decision was made before this, but the workout refusal guaranteed it 100%.

And not yet- don't know the number ;)

He just tweeted another contest and one of the prizes is a colts autographed helmet. So I tweeted him this question...

@JimIrsay Is the whole team signing the helmet even Andrew Luck?

I thought it was a clever question lol.

Actually he just said the helmet would be signed "Building a Monster", not by anyone on the team.

I hope that slogan doesn't become a joke. Monsters usually get killed in the end.

What I'm asking is does everyone think we were working out Fleener along with Luck?

possibly, but Christensen and Terpening probably saw what they needed out of Fleener at Stanfords pro day.

Fleener might not even be there at 34 for us. I would probably bet that the Giants take him at 32.

Actually he just said the helmet would be signed "Building a Monster", not by anyone on the team.

I hope that slogan doesn't become a joke. Monsters usually get killed in the end.

Sorry not this Monster. This is the monster that keeps getting sequels. lol

I think I heard that Luck's QB coach wasn't involved in the workout. Has anyone said who Luck was throwing to?

What I'm asking is does everyone think we were working out Fleener along with Luck?

Good question. I have no idea who Luck would be throwing to in the private Colts workout. Do you think that's why the Colts brought along Telesco, to run routes and catch passes?

Good question. I have no idea who Luck would be throwing to in the private Colts workout. Do you think that's why the Colts brought along Telesco, to run routes and catch passes?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but he did play WR for a college that my high school could beat.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but he did play WR for a college that my high school could beat.

Probably joking but in all seriousness I wouldn't of been surprised if Austin Collie made a secret trip out there with the team. I see the similarties between Grif Walin (who was Luck's version of Collie at Stanford) and Collie. I could see them forming a good relationship at traning camp.

I think I heard that Luck's QB coach wasn't involved in the workout. Has anyone said who Luck was throwing to?

Since it was on the Stanford campus, the Stanford receivers were likely the target. That is usually how it works at on-campus visits. However at times when a receiver is the target and working out, a QB will come in and throw to them, I guess to have a better QB throwing balls to the receivers. Mark Sanchez did this for his child hood buddy a few years ago with Colorado.

Probably joking but in all seriousness I wouldn't of been surprised if Austin Collie made a secret trip out there with the team. I see the similarties between Grif Walin (who was Luck's version of Collie at Stanford) and Collie. I could see them forming a good relationship at traning camp.

When I saw Grif I did a double take, he looks similiar and carried himself the same as Austin.

When I saw Grif I did a double take, he looks similiar and carried himself the same as Austin.

And is expected to go undrafted... we'll have seen enough of him at Stanford's pro day and work out to know if he's good enough to bother taking to camp

I figured there was little point in a new thread but: "ColtsFans,roster reshaping exciting n producing a very physical MONSTER!Things have always pointed toward #12 but eval process is OpenMinded"