Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cease Fire Please (You Know Who You Are)

Nadine

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2012 - off topic

how have I missed all this goodness?!

Who was the kid we all school yard ganged up on? Was that DN?

Ahhh memory lane.

I didn't partake, but there was also Jim.

I dont recall a 'Jim' but we have so many 'e-bodies' its easy to lose track...

Near the end of this past season 'Jim' started posting that the Colts were practicing special defensive schemes, and other such drivel.

None of it was ever visible.

People started accusing him of being Irsay.

He then disappeared.

Near the end of this past season 'Jim' started posting that the Colts were practicing special defensive schemes, and other such drivel.

He then disappeared.

Its like an opening to a movie...

"....He then disappeared........UNTIL NOW" **dun dun duna dunt dunt**

JIM 2 THE RETURN

He then disappeared.

I always thought Jim thought that he was Jim Caldwell. Also be sure to read that carefully....I don't think he was Jim Caldwell, but I think he thought that he was. :D

I always thought Jim thought that he was Jim Caldwell. Also be sure to read that carefully....I don't think he was Jim Caldwell, but I think he thought that he was. :D

Maybe I got that wrong, and it WAS Caldwell he was accused of being.

Explains the disappearance.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2012 - quoted off topic
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2012 - quoted off topic

He then disappeared.

ahhh....yes, Jim "the insider". "My guy at practice".....lol

Sadly, I thought that it was blatantly obvious that Jim had a very dry and subtle sense of humor, and was just playing a role for fun. I even "called" him on it once, and he replied to the effect that "you got me, lol". Unfortunately some here were so enthralled at the chance to demonstrate their "superiority" through sadism that it never occurred to them that it might be more entertaining (not to mention civilized) to play along. The fact that he was bullied to the point of withdrawing is not something that anyone here should be looking back on fondly. The Luck/Manning conversations are mostly tedious distractions with the occasional cat-fight breaking out in the middle, but any one of them is a board highlight compared to some of the stuff that went on when last season was devolving. I think that things have actually been pretty good recently everything considered.

Sadly, I thought that it was blatantly obvious that Jim had a very dry and subtle sense of humor, and was just playing a role for fun. I even "called" him on it once, and he replied to the effect that "you got me, lol". Unfortunately some here were so enthralled at the chance to demonstrate their "superiority" through sadism that it never occurred to them that it might be more entertaining (not to mention civilized) to play along. The fact that he was bullied to the point of withdrawing is not something that anyone here should be looking back on fondly. The Luck/Manning conversations are mostly tedious distractions with the occasional cat-fight breaking out in the middle, but any one of them is a board highlight compared to some of the stuff that went on when last season was devolving. I think that things have actually been pretty good recently everything considered.

I was on Colts Direct last season, Glad I missed all this.

It would have been funny if it had been a role he played on occasion to try to lighten things up. However he never broke character...to a very annoying degree. It was like the episode of Southpark where the Burger King thieves took control of the Pioneer town and the townsfolk refused to break character, even to the point where they watched each other be killed because they wouldn't break character (very over simplification of the plot but you get the point). Regardless, I for one am glad he's gone.

Maybe I got that wrong, and it WAS Caldwell he was accused of being.

Explains the disappearance.

Actually I think it was a combination....some accused him of being Irsay and others accused him of being Caldwell.

I never took a shot at either of them, but do remember both Jim & DN taking quite a beating, quite a few times.

It was a brutal time, especially if you wanted to voice your opinion.

It was almost like there was a pack of watchdogs waiting for you to jump their fence.

It has been much more tame here recently.

It would have been funny if it had been a role he played on occasion to try to lighten things up. However he never broke character...to a very annoying degree. It was like the episode of Southpark where the Burger King thieves took control of the Pioneer town and the townsfolk refused to break character, even to the point where they watched each other be killed because they wouldn't break character (very over simplification of the plot but you get the point). Regardless, I for one am glad he's gone.

Actually I think it was a combination....some accused him of being Irsay and others accused him of being Caldwell.

You got a good point.

He could have done himself a big favor by breaking character, at least once.

Though, not knowing him, perhaps he got what he wanted out of it (cause a stir) and left.

I never took a shot at either of them, but do remember both Jim & DN taking quite a beating, quite a few times.

It was almost like there was a pack of watchdogs waiting for you to jump their fence.

Since I wasn't on these forums back when, I really cannot compare.

However, lately, I sense that this pack dog mentality is still present as you have described it.

I notice they do tend to travel from post to post together as in a pack, to bully their targeted prey.

Exactly. And DN was eventually determined to be a troll by the moderators and banned as a result. A subtle hint was when after the mods asked him to take it down a notch, he added the label "the calming voice" or some such over his name. The problem is that everyone knows that trolls are best ignored, but even those calling him a troll on a daily basis were enjoying the opportunity to let off steam so much that numerous threads got WAY out of hand. Not a good time. After a few unpleasant encounters of my own, I actually left for a week. It was just no fun being here. MUCH much better now.

With Jim and Dn it wasn't really about having an alternative viewpoint. There were people who were blasted by that "clique" but I don't think these 2 were in that category..

However, lately, I sense that this pack dog mentality is still present as you have described it.

I notice they do tend to travel from post to post together as in a pack, to bully their targeted prey.

There were quite a few of them at the time.

One in particular, I REALLY didn't care for, but haven't seen him post (under that name, or with that demeanor) in quite a while.

Another came out and admitted it was intentional, apologized, and has seemed like a pretty good person since.

Anyway, glad that's over, or at least milder.

Considering that it is an entirely different group of people, with an entirely different point of view, and a DRAMATICALLY tamer dialogue, I would disagree.

I've gotten the impression from a couple of recent comments that you view yourself as a victim. I don't see that at all. You have your point of view and you debate it relentlessly. Others have a different point of view and they debate it equally relentlessly. Maureen isn't talking about one side being right or wrong, she is talking about the "relentlessly" part. It can be overwhelming. I don't even read it any more myself, but the poor moderators. Yikes.

Exactly. And DN was eventually determined to be a troll by the moderators and banned as a result. A subtle hint was when after the mods asked him to take it down a notch, he added the label "the calming voice" or some such over his name. The problem is that everyone knows that trolls are best ignored, but even those calling him a troll on a daily basis were enjoying the opportunity to let off steam so much that numerous threads got WAY out of hand. Not a good time. After a few unpleasant encounters of my own, I actually left for a week. It was just no fun being here. MUCH much better now.

I really should have done the same (take a break).

It reminded me of the days/weeks following the SB loss to the Saints. Especially, immediately following the game.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, April 6, 2012 - inciting
Hidden by Coltssouth, April 6, 2012 - inciting

There were quite a few of them at the time.

One in particular, I REALLY didn't care for, but haven't seen him post (under that name, or with that demeanor) in quite a while.

Another came out and admitted it was intentional, apologized, and has seemed like a pretty good person since.

Anyway, glad that's over, or at least milder.

I can only imagine how bad it must have been, if it was worse than what is currently present that necessitated this thread from Maureen.

I have seen what Maureen is talking about now. I know it happens, and in my opinion, it is pretty bad.

Can we do it here, or do we have to move to another room?

Did that sound bad? :)

Shawshank.

:lol:

Why not,

Maybe,

Uh, yes it did

One of my all time favorites.

Not to offend anyone, but here is a suggestion GROW UP.. Ignore it or whatever, its just ridiculous. I get on here to read important stuff about my favorite team, not to listen to grown men acting like they are 2.

Not to offend anyone, but here is a suggestion GROW UP.. Ignore it or whatever, its just ridiculous. I get on here to read important stuff about my favorite team, not to listen to grown men acting like they are 2.

Sorry, I'm feeling better now.

Carry on!

Not to offend anyone,

But you decided to go ahead and do so anyway.

Ignore it or whatever, its just ridiculous. I get on here to read important stuff about my favorite team, not to listen to grown men acting like they are 2.

Yet you slogged through this entire thread to add this? That's about as logical as the statement "GROW UP" was helpful.

By the way, many on here are neither grown, nor men, and in the grand scheme of things there is no "stuff" written here which is actually important. The purpose is to make friends, and the technique is to engage in conversations - not make grandiose declarations of imagined superiority.

You signed up just for that?

But you decided to go ahead and do so anyway.

Yet you slogged through this entire thread to add this? That's about as logical as the statement "GROW UP" was helpful.

By the way, many on here are neither grown, nor men, and in the grand scheme of things there is no "stuff" written here which is actually important. The purpose is to make friends, and the technique is to engage in conversations - not make grandiose declarations of imagined superiority.

You signed up just for that?

Additionally, after reading the title, and the first post or two should have indicated he wasn't going to get 'important information about his favorite team'.

However, I've probably highjacked this thread, so I'll back off and let it take it's intended course.

It's a Wonderful Life :)

Additionally, after reading the title, and the first post or two should have indicated he wasn't going to get 'important information about his favorite team'.

However, I've probably highjacked this thread, so I'll back off and let it take it's intended course.

It's a Wonderful Life :)

:D The Fisher King

With Jim and Dn it wasn't really about having an alternative viewpoint. There were people who were blasted by that "clique" but I don't think these 2 were in that category..

Lol....DN....good guy...had fun with him. Silly kid.

I still cant remember Jim, but MyChinaDoll comes to mind. Somehow he came to the conclusion everyone was lusting after his wife, and that we were all racists....

I understand, but he never said a bad word to anyone, which should have made him very easy to ignore.

He would say things like "my guy at practice says that the Colts are going to make changes this week". I would just smile and move on. It was nothing but him poking fun at the fact that Jim Caldwell was always insisting (in the most understated manner possible) that the team was continuing to work hard and improve. In the face of the Colts entire world falling apart, the loses piling up (along with the bodies of the injured), the thought that THIS week was somehow going to be different (without Caldwell even changing the expression on his face) was pretty funny in an absurd way in its own right. And I LIKED Caldwell. It was precisely the fact that Jim persisted in doing this game after game - with each weeks chances of him being "correct" getting smaller and smaller - that made it so darn funny. Dry humor, but sometimes so well placed that I just laughed out loud in the middle of thread number 238 about how horrible things were going.

When people would assault him verbally for "lying" about having a man inside, or treat him like a fool for "thinking" that things were going to improve, my mouth would just fall open in disbelief. Just not paying attention? No sense of humor? Too dry/subtle? He was just trying to make light of our misery, and I appreciated it. We could have used a few more "Jims" last year.

Are you speaking about the Luckites?

I love that movie.

My wife hates that movie.

Though she hates most of my favorites.

That's unfortunate, but funny.

Wife: "I saw a movie today that was SO bad I had to shut it off after 20 minutes".

Buccolts: (scrambling for paper and pen) REALLY, what was the name of it? :D

My favorite movies usually are ones that can make me both laugh and cry. It's got to make me FEEL something. I actually only saw "The Fisher King" once. It was such a compelling experience that I hesitate to watch it again for fear that I was "just in the right mood" when I saw it, and a repeat will diminish the memory. I've had that unfortunate experience. Others I'll happily watch again and again - go figure.

Are you speaking about the Luckites?

While I find the irony amusing, perchance you've entirely misunderstood the intent of the OP?