Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags Get A New HC

King Colt

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't, not with that organization even with Trevor Lawrence. I guess we will find out next year.

You could be right on that .  Long time losing organizations in the NFL usually continue to fail no matter who they bring in.

But Meyer & Lawrence  together could turn out to be a Dynamic Duo. And Lawrence will be there long after Meyer is gone. We may have to deal with a elite QB in our division for a decade or more. And if Watson stays in Houston,  that's potentially 2 elite QB's in our division. :wall:

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You could be right on that .  Long time losing organizations in the NFL usually continue to fail no matter who they bring in.

But Meyer & Lawrence  together could turn out to be a Dynamic Duo. And Lawrence will be there long after Meyer is gone. We may have to deal with a elite QB in our division for a decade or more. And if Watson stays in Houston,  that's potentially 2 elite QB's in our division. :wall:

Watson is very good if not great but Houston has nobody around him. The Meyer experiment will be interesting. Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck IMO but man the Jags are bad.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is very good if not great but Houston has nobody around him. The Meyer experiment will be interesting. Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck IMO but man the Jags are bad.

The Jags have 9 draft picks and a whole bunch of cap space. 

With the right GM it may not be as bad as you may think. 

52 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But he usually wins 1st.  I am not sure I would call him a quitter. Health concerns and I think he looks for the next challenge. The Jags will b a challenge

How many times does one get to use the "health concerns" excuse to quit on a team that is counting on him, only to later return?

If Andrew Luck returned to play for another team, he would be universally hated here, and justifiably so!

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But he usually wins 1st.  I am not sure I would call him a quitter. Health concerns and I think he looks for the next challenge. The Jags will b a challenge

Urban Liar may or may not lead the Jags but if he will not get away with not being honest with grown men. 

Urban Meyer has won big everywhere he’s been.  

First at Bowling Green and then at Utah.  But those are stepping stone programs  where they know on Day One that he won’t be there long.  But he fixed those programs and moved on. 

But he stayed at both Florida and Ohio State for roughly 7-8 years.  So it’s not like he quickly jumped ship on big time programs.  

Ive read nothing about Meyer also being the GM.  I’m sure he’ll have input in whoever the pick is.   The key is the crazy owner.   I’ve recently read he wants to retain control of the 53-man roster like Jerry Jones does.   Have not read how that was resolved?    I think Kahn is the Wildcard here, NOT Meyer.

I also think his QB will be Lawrence.   If he wanted Fields, he could’ve gone after the Jets job, gotten his guy, and lived in NYC.   But he’s in J’Ville.   I think he marries Trevor. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:09 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Urban Meyer has won big everywhere he’s been.  

First at Bowling Green and then at Utah.  But those are stepping stone programs  where they know on Day One that he won’t be there long.  But he fixed those programs and moved on. 

But he stayed at both Florida and Ohio State for roughly 7-8 years.  So it’s not like he quickly jumped ship on big time programs.  

Ive read nothing about Meyer also being the GM.  I’m sure he’ll have input in whoever the pick is.   The key is the crazy owner.   I’ve recently read he wants to retain control of the 53-man roster like Jerry Jones does.   Have not read how that was resolved?    I think Kahn is the Wildcard here, NOT Meyer.

I also think his QB will be Lawrence.   If he wanted Fields, he could’ve gone after the Jets job, gotten his guy, and lived in NYC.   But he’s in J’Ville.   I think he marries Trevor. 

Although just before we decided to leave Utah he had said in a press conference he was the coach and Utah and didn't plan to go anywhere - Didn't look up the details but I lived in Utah at the time.  People were pretty upset with the lack of integrity.

4 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Although just before we decided to leave Utah he had said in a press conference he was the coach and Utah and didn't plan to go anywhere - Didn't look up the details but I lived in Utah at the time.  People were pretty upset with the lack of integrity.

Unfortunately that type of thing happens all the time in coaching.   There’s no graceful way to leave when you’re going to a better job, but you’re not ready to make it official, but the media asks you if you’re leaving.

You tell a white lie.

Sucks for all involved.   But it happens. 

Archived