Wilbon/ Wapo: Colts Seriously Considering Rg3

Ohio Colt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know why that was there?

Luck11.jpg

Week 8 of the season. Disgraceful as a fan base. Sorry you don't see a problem with it, but us fans who watched our season crumble have ill feelings about things like this. This should never be presented by any fan. I don't care who your QB is. You don't mock your team with fake jerseys.

Man I got a 100 dollars that says UndecidedFrog is in this picture

They are fake. He isn't a Colt.The jerseys were clearly pointed at Luck can be the only one to "save" our team. Especially right when the "Suck with Luck" campaign started. Robert Mathis and many other players were vocal about this, and they weren't happy. As a Colt fan I back the players actually on my team, not the kid still in college. This season was nothing more than an emotionally drained team with low morale. Claiming a kid to be the "savoir" of a franchise when he isn't even your teammate does not sit well with a team or the players. No matter how many screaming fans cheered for support the ones that write you off stick out the most, and leave the most hurt. Only to weaken the already low morale they have.

It also doesn't speak anything. All that it says is our fans are nothing but fair weatherers. Commentators even spoke it during broadcasts. Makes the rest of us look bad.

Fans have a right to express their displeasure with their team in any way they like.

Yes, they even have the right to wear "Who needs Luck when we have Manning" t-shirts.

Fans have the right to even wear customized team jerseys that have last year's top rated #1 overall draft prospect's name and college number on it.

Mr. Mathis and the other players could have channeled their unhappiness with this by simply winning a few more games that would make the possibility of acquiring Luck impossible. By the end of last season, it was apparent what the Colts needed was an effective QB.

I see nothing wrong with fans suggesting to team management who that QB should be.

I see these fans still attending games, and supporting the team with the price of their tickets. I would not call them fairweather fans.

There is nothing these jersey-wearing fans can do to embarrass the team more than what the team itself has achieved last season in its W-L record that provided them with the overall #1 pick in this upcoming draft.

We cannot look any worse. It was evident to all, and finally to the owner who took steps in the off-season to correct it.

Fans have a right to express their displeasure with their team in any way they like.

Yes, they even have the right to wear "Who needs Luck when we have Manning" t-shirts.

Fans have the right to even wear customized team jerseys that have last year's top rated #1 overall draft prospect's name and college number on it.

Mr. Mathis and the other players could have channeled their unhappiness with this by simply winning a few more games that would make the possibility of acquiring Luck impossible. By the end of last season, it was apparent what the Colts needed was an effective QB.

I see nothing wrong with fans suggesting to team management who that QB should be.

I see these fans still attending games, and supporting the team with the price of their tickets. I would not call them fairweather fans.

There is nothing these jersey-wearing fans can do to embarrass the team more than what the team itself has achieved last season in its W-L record that provided them with the overall #1 pick in this upcoming draft.

We cannot look any worse. It was evident to all, and finally to the owner who took steps in the off-season to correct it.

Again, i know youre new here and all, but that wasnt a home game they were at.. That was a Titans home game

"I see nothing wrong with fans suggesting to team management who that QB should be."

Well if our number one WR can do it, then the fans sure can. And I'd say the fans are smarter based on Reggie's choice....

I have seen no such "exodus" Threads on a forum are far from the distractions that were caused in Green bay. No one i have seen hates the new guy coming in, we just dont think dumping a sure HOF'er for a guy who has done nothing. If Peytons skills were gone, or he had been playing the Im gonna retire/ im not gonna retire thing then it would be much differnet. There are no camparisons to the way Manning left Indy and Favre left GB

Favre was booted out of Green Bay as for his retirements. I never heard anyone jump all over Jordan or Magic Johnson for returning to the sport they loved, Favre did alot for Green Bay and alot for football, did his retirements and unretirements look bad? yes BUT I cant fault the guy for having a hard time for letting go of the sport he loved

Favre was booted out of Green Bay as for his retirements. I never heard anyone jump all over Jordan or Magic Johnson for returning to the sport they loved, Favre did alot for Green Bay and alot for football, did his retirements and unretirements look bad? yes BUT I cant fault the guy for having a hard time for letting go of the sport he loved

Nor can i, all i was saying the favre departure from green bay and the peyton departure from indy are not at all the same

Nor can i, all i was saying the favre departure from green bay and the peyton departure from indy are not at all the same

True, eh sometimes it just strikes a nerve when people try to make Favre a laughing stock over his uncertainty about retirement, not saying you did that

Why is this surprising? The colts aren't a one man organization... some ppl in the colts organization thinks Griffin is better... all that matters is if the VERY IMPORTANT ppl feel that way.

I've been saying this the whole time the colts may pick luck but the decision will be much harder than ppl here believe.

Reminder, if you have a personal disagreement with another poster, please do not use the forums for this

you can

Choose to ignore them (MySettings/Manage Ignore preferences)

or

use personal messaging

Personal squabbles in threads just invite people to take sides in the disagreement

Why is this surprising? The colts aren't a one man organization... some ppl in the colts organization thinks Griffin is better... all that matters is if the VERY IMPORTANT ppl feel that way.

I've been saying this the whole time the colts may pick luck but the decision will be much harder than ppl here believe.

allegedly anyway

He also threw more than Luck did over their final 2 years(if not for their career I'd have to double check).

Basic numbers mean nothing. You need to use percentages when trying to compare, especially when the body of work is different. Griffin threw more because his team had many more snaps that Stanford. Is that not correct?

Basic numbers mean nothing. You need to use percentages when trying to compare, especially when the body of work is different. Griffin threw more because his team had many more snaps that Stanford. Is that not correct?

Griffin was a bigger part of the Baylor offense than Luck was a part of the Stanford offense.

he threw more than luck but he also played one more season than luck and he rushin attempts are almost triple lucks

Note that I used their final two seasons. 26 games each.

This conversation has already been hashed out, so some can use the search function if they want to learn more about it.

RG Leaf feels Washington is a better fit so he won't do a private workout for the Colts.

I remember Ryan Leaf felt SD was a better fit so blew off a Colt meeting.

Take him please!!! I wanted Luck the whole time!

RG3 has chosen not to do a private work out for anyone not just the Colts. Strange?..perhaps...but it's not like he is just singling out the Colts here.

What does that mean Jim, sorry? Are you saying Luck didn't take all the snaps, but Griffin did? Or do you mean he ran more? Genuine question....cheers.

I'll take that as a sincere question and attempt to say it better. The Baylor coaches put the ball in RGIII's hands more than Stanford put the ball in Luck's. Passing/running(they each had one catch), Even though it was a pretty simple statement. Not sure why there was confusion.

Baylor ran 1000 plays in 2012. Griffin threw/ran/caught the ball in 58.2% of them.

Stanford ran 935 plays in 2012. Luck threw/ran/caught the ball in 48.3% of them.

Baylor had 7632 yards. Griffin had a hand in 5007 or 65.6% of them.

Stanford had 6361 yards. Luck had a hand in 3680 or 57.8% of them.

aren't the colts bring luck to indy to personally work him out? but not rgIII?

The Colts delegation has flown out to Stanford to privately work out Luck today, as was previously agreed to with Luck.

According to Irsay's tweet, the Colts requested a private work out with RG3, which he has refused.

I'll take that as a sincere question and attempt to say it better. The Baylor coaches put the ball in RGIII's hands more than Stanford put the ball in Luck's. Passing/running(they each had one catch), Even though it was a pretty simple statement. Not sure why there was confusion.

It was a sincere question, although your answer was far from it. And it is still confusing. But I'm no longer interested.

It was a sincere question, although your answer was far from it. And it is still confusing. But I'm no longer interested.

You asked a question, I answered it, again, and in a different way even though you had been given a clear answer to start with. I do apologize for confusing you. That was never my intent, but I guess I couldn't do anything but confuse you.

Congratulations.

Sugarcoated enough?