Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly Reminder

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

But anyways..people have been saying "Phillip is a HOF QB"... uhhh yeah he had freaking Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, and a few Pro bowl WRs (David Boston, Allen, etc). 

Thanks, I needed a laugh after today's drubbing! That steroid freak had 1 Pro Bowl season for the Cardinals, spent only 1 season in San Diego and it was a year before Philip was drafted. 

Boston was prone to bouts of roid rage, the Chargers' GM traded him to Miami for a 6th round draft pick. There he served a suspension for steroids, and also tore knee ligaments twice in his short stint with the Dolphins.

He stayed in Florida, signing with the Buccaneers who cut him after a DUI. 

After a year out of football, this Pro Bowl wideout (who probably hasn't ever met Philip Rivers) finished his professional career with 1 game in the CFL, blowing them away with 2 receptions for 16 yards before opting for surgery on his foot, and never playing another down of pro football anywhere.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Can someone explain to me who the Denver Broncos are? Are they a team or something....? I’m confusedconfused ryan reynolds GIF

I would wager that you’re not actually reading what I’m saying to you, and you’re missing my point

I see you are a banana. You haven't mentioned anything regarding the Colts, The NFL, or football. Just Bananas. got it.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Thanks, I needed a laugh after today's drubbing! That steroid freak had 1 Pro Bowl season for the Cardinals, spent only 1 season in San Diego and it was a year before Philip was drafted. 

Boston was prone to bouts of roid rage, the Chargers' GM traded him to Miami for a 6th round draft pick. There he served a suspension for steroids, and also tore knee ligaments twice in his short stint with the Dolphins.

After a year out of football, this Pro Bowl wideout (who probably hasn't ever met Philip Rivers) finished his professional career with 1 game in the CFL, blowing them away with 2 receptions for 16 yards before opting for surgery on his foot, and never playing another down of pro football anywhere.

Can we all just agree that Ryan Leaf was a better Chargers QB than Phil ever was?

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

I see you are a banana. You haven't mentioned anything regarding the Colts, The NFL, or football. Just Bananas. got it.

Lol ok dude, have fun with your bananas #bananas #facts

10 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Did you just give me the Wikipedia of David Boston or something? Me bringing up David Boston (whom I suppose that you know, I know of him since im in Miami, Right?) was to highlight Rivers played with the cream of the crop of skilled players to easily get him into the HOF. (VIncent Jackson, comes off the top of my head) another Pro Bowler.

P.S. earlier I made reference to google users that would say I was wrong about Jeff Simmons and the Titans, because Titans drafted ahead of us. The point was to highlight naysayers about said player.

So your point again was....

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Can we all just agree that Ryan Leaf was a better Chargers QB than Phil ever was?

Lol ok dude, have fun with your bananas #bananas #facts

Oh, even worse, you are a chicken. LOL got it. I will not have a football discussion with chickens.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Did you just give me the Wikipedia of David Boston or something? Me bringing up David Boston (whom I suppose that you know that I know, that he was a Dolphin since im in Miami, Right?) was to highlight Rivers played with the cream of the crop of skilled players to easily get him into the HOF.

P.S. earlier I made reference to google users that would say I was wrong about Jeff Simmons and the Titans, because Titans drafted ahead of us. The point was to highlight naysayers about said player.

So your point again was....

Oh, even worse, you are a chicken. LOL got it. I will not have a football discussion with chickens.

Your pfp is literally a bird, bro. We’re on equal footing here lol

2 hours ago, runthepost said:

AJ Brown should of been a colt!:Cry:

I'll be willing to bet that many teams fans have been saying that for years about TY. 

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Tyreek Hill on pace to have more yards in the first half of today’s game than Hilton has in the season lmao

Hill? I don't care if he resets all the WR records, he's still a piece of %. 

17 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Bro, catchup. I'm bringing some serious thinking discussions here like: 

Please contribute to the discussion with sound information. Dont slow me down to explain, unless it's a question which I don't mind. because if not, you are just whining or making noise. Distracting from the discussion.

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592d5b9ec48a

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Says another guy playing with his nose. smh. Any football conversations? ughhh. I have more fun finding all the "Outlandish, so called "Wrong" post of mine, than reading anything of yours. Honestly. And I dont need a Shaq meme to prove my points. But to each their own. 

Notice my previous post had more football info than anything you have ever posted. And that was just within 5-10 mins of mines.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some people don't know when to quit even when they are behind happy homer simpson GIF

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

Says another guy playing with his nose. smh. Any football conversations? ughhh. I have more fun finding all the "Outlandish, so called "Wrong" post of mine, than reading anything of yours. Honestly. And I dont need a Shaq meme to prove my points. But to each their own. 

Notice my previous post had more football info than anything you have ever posted. And that was just within 5-10 mins of mines.

see my point?

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Did you just give me the Wikipedia of David Boston or something? Me bringing up David Boston (whom I suppose that you know that I know, that he was a Dolphin since im in Miami, Right?) was to highlight Rivers played with the cream of the crop of skilled players to easily get him into the HOF.

No I gave you facts to illustrate that you thoughtlessly spout your hate of Rivers independent of any real knowledge, just to try to prove your ill informed opinion of our Canton bound QB.

Boston was kind if a bust despite his few good seasons in Arizona, he wrecked what could've been a productive  career with steroids,, cocaine, alcohol & general bad behavior and even if he was the stud you made him out to be, he never played with Philip anyway.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Even Tua has played better than Rivers. Just admit the truth. Giving excuses only slows down the team. Take accountability just as you did last year when calling out JB after AL retired, and give the credit where it's due. Rivers need JB to throw 50 yards and on short yard plays. Because that's. what we've all seen the past 4 weeks.

In no way has Tua out played Rivers.   

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

No I gave you facts to illustrate that you thoughtlessly spout your hate of Rivers independent of any real knowledge, just to try to prove your ill informed opinion of our Canton bound QB.

Boston was kind if a bust despite his few good seasons in Arizona, he wrecked what could've been a productive  career with steroids,, cocaine, alcohol & general bad behavior and even if he was the stud you made him out to be, he never played with Philip anyway.

Bro, Boston was 1 out of 5 players that I mentioned. You pick that smallest thing to try to discredit my other 4 players. reinforcing the point that Rivers got to a Chargers team, whom the year before had Drew Brees. A Talented Drew Brees Chargers whom if it wasn't for Brees getting injured, would have made a deep playoff run because they had Pro Bowlers like David Boston on their team you... lol 

Bro, Im going off the dome. This is Football Knowledge prior to the dominance of google.LOL 

Dont thryy yourself!

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

reminds me of my little 5 year old 2nd cousin who says "I'm adult talkin'"

Says the guy playing with his nose. finding cartoons in a football platform. I dont know how to do what you did there, but im in Miami, the football capital of the US of A. later.

12 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

see my point?

what's you're point. that you hype you're own post after most of the board LOLs at your hot takes.

13 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

You're a legend in your old mind dude. I post plenty of stats and Xs and Os type threads. It's why I'm around 80% reps, and you're ~35%. But sure... you're a poster of substance...

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Read the forum we have people here who were chargers fans that followed him here.  

I’m one of them, and I still watch the Chargers with nominal interest. Justin Herbert looks like a stud, but the fact remains that despite playing with a legitimate stud WR in Keenan Allen, a 1st round draft pick in Mike Williams, the ultra talented (when healthy) TE Hunter Henry, and a bunch of 1st round draft picks on defense, has managed to win only 2 of the 10 games he’s started.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

what's you're point. that you hype you're own post after most of the board LOLs at your hot takes.

You're a legend in your old mind dude. I post plenty of stats and Xs and Os type threads. It's why I'm around 80% reps, and you're ~35%. But sure... you're a poster of substance...

Finish Him GIF by memecandy

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Says the guy playing with his nose. finding cartoons in a football platform. I dont know how to do what you did there, but im in Miami, the football capital of the US of A. later.

In what way is Miami the football capital of anything?

Well, at least y'all didn't loose to Florida International this year.

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

ask any Charger Fan if they miss Phillip Rivers? ok fan.

I’m one of them, and I still watch the Chargers with nominal interest. Justin Herbert looks like a stud, but the fact remains that despite playing with a legitimate stud WR in Keenan Allen, a 1st round draft pick in Mike Williams, the ultra talented (when healthy) TE Hunter Henry, and a bunch of 1st round draft picks on defense, has managed to win only 2 of the 10 games he’s started.

15 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

see my point?

Later Indy! 

12 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Bro, Boston was 1 out of 5 players that I mentioned. You pick that smallest thing to try to discredit my other 4 players. reinforcing the point that Rivers got to a Chargers team, whom the year before had Drew Brees. A Talented Drew Brees Chargers whom if it wasn't for Brees getting injured, would have made a deep playoff run because they had Pro Bowlers like David Boston on their team you... lol 

Bro, Im going off the dome. This is Football Knowledge prior to the dominance of google.LOL 

Dont thryy yourself!

I simply picked the low hanging fruit, and demonstrated how little you know about Philip, the Chargers, and Boston for that matter.

The Chargers still had Brees for several seasons after acquiring Rivers, they won the division in 2004 with Brees starting, and went 1 & done in the playoffs with LT & Gates, all in their prime. Brees was injured in a Week 17 game in which the Bolts had been eliminated from postseason contention the week prior, but Marty had an incentive clause in his contract that gave him a bonus if the team reached10 wins, and that’s what he was going for.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ok, I said later on my last post but seriously, are you nagging me just to nag or do you objectively feel as though you know more football than I? Just a question...

Because if you do, I can go through the archives and pull up a list of players that I slapped the desk for (as Frank Riecht says) where the fan base said NO, and I said Yes. To-date, the players I strongly wanted this team to get are Pro Bowlers.

One of those players was Lamar Jackson. Another was Russell Wilson. But i'll wait..I have receipts.. Another was Rhodes instead of Werner. I'f I really think hard, I could find a few more gems that I mentioned and the fan base said no. 

Hey, I like finding the diamonds in the dirt talent that many folks throw away or doubt. Russell Wilson was definitely one. even though we drafted AL. The Redskins did it, didn't they??

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I simply picked the low hanging fruit, and demonstrated how little you know about Philip, the Chargers, and Boston for that matter.

The Chargers still had Brees for several seasons after acquiring Rivers, they won the division in 2004 with Brees starting, and went 1 & done in the playoffs with LT & Gates, all in their prime. Brees was injured in a Week 17 game in which the Bolts had been eliminated from postseason contention the week prior, but Marty had an incentive clause in his contract that gave him a bonus if the team reached10 wins, and that’s what he was going for.

Sir, do you not understand that you are making my point, in that Rivers had Talent with the Chargers (smh, this is too easy). HOF talent!

I'll even go farther to say that the Chargers 2004 - Peyton leaving, was a more talented team than the Colts. keyword = TEAM

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Do you know the one commonality between Sweat and Rivers and why one made it to the Colts and one hasn't? Fit. (I know thats what I said).

I understand fit but I can’t see how Sweat wasn’t a fit. Only really knock on him was character, but aside from that he had every trait that Banogu had and more, plus better college production. I think sometimes, Ballard over values the character stuff. Like not every guy needs to be a team captain and 4.0 student. Eventually you just have to start putting talent out there and trust in your staff and leaders in the locker room  to guide them.

Who did we even use that extra 2nd we got from Washington on? Pittman? So maybe in the end it was worth it, but there’s no way Banogu in the 2nd was a better pick than Sweat in the first based on “fit”.

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Ok, I said later on my last post but seriously, are you nagging me just to nag or do you objectively feel as though you know more football than I? Just a question...

Because if you do, I can go through the archives and pull up a list of players that I slapped the desk for (as Frank Riecht says) where the fan base said NO, and I said Yes. To-date, the players I strongly wanted this team to get are Pro Bowlers.

One of those players was Lamar Jackson. Another was Russell Wilson. But i'll wait..I have receipts.. Another was Rhodes instead of Werner. I'f I really think hard, I could find a few more gems that I mentioned and the fan base said no. 

Hey, I like finding the diamonds in the dirt talent that many folks throw away or doubt. Russell Wilson was definitely one. even though we drafted AL. The Redskins did it, didn't they??

Sounds like you’re wasting your talent by making nonsense posts in here, when in reality you should really be an NFL GM! haha

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I understand fit but I can’t see how Sweat wasn’t a fit. Only really knock on him was character, but aside from that he had every trait that Banogu had and more, plus better college production. I think sometimes, Ballard over values the character stuff. Like not every guy needs to be a team captain and 4.0 student. Eventually you just have to start putting talent out there and trust in your staff and leaders in the locker room  to guide them.

Who did we even use that extra 2nd we got from Washington on? Pittman? So maybe in the end it was worth it, but there’s no way Banogu in the 2nd was a better pick than Sweat in the first based on “fit”.

They other knock was he had a heart issue come out right before the draft.  

I'm certainly not an "expert", but I know football, and I've got a pretty good track record on the board. Feel free to admire your own posts. If you care to research mine, I think you'll find very few bad takes. Some find me overly critical, but it's objective criticism backed up by history and stats. Overall, Ballard has a great track record of drafting. I don't agree with everything he does, or everyone he picks, but his output is among the best in the league since he joined Indy. Playing armchair GM is easy. There are a ton of guys I've called out over the years that are very good in the league and better than the comparable (round) pick we took. So what? There's not too many if any GMs that have a more successful track record than Ballard.

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm certainly not an "expert", but I know football, and I've got a pretty good track record on the board. Feel free to admire your own posts. If you care to research mine, I think you'll find very few bad takes. Some find me overly critical, but it's objective criticism backed up by history and stats. Overall, Ballard has a great track record of drafting. I don't agree with everything he does, or everyone he picks, but his output is among the best in the league since he joined Indy. Playing armchair GM is easy. There are a ton of guys I've called out over the years that are very good in the league and better than the comparable (round) pick we took. So what? There's not too many if any GMs that have a more successful track record than Ballard.

Ozzie Newsome is a HOF GM. Chris Ballard is my favorite GM currently.

11 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Sir, do you not understand that you are making my point, in that Rivers had Talent with the Chargers (smh, this is too easy). HOF talent!

I'll even go farther to say that the Chargers 2004 - Peyton leaving, was a more talented team than the Colts. keyword = TEAM

Sure, Rivers has some talent on the Chargers teams (early, before LT left & Gatesy got old) but he's got talent with this Colts team too, in likely the best O=line protecting him than he's had since LT's MVP season. 

As for the Chargers & Colts 2004 teams, both went 12-4 and won their respective divisions, but the Colts won a playoff game whereas the Chargers did not. I don't get the point you're trying to make in this comparison though, since although Rivers was on the team, Brees was the starting QB and Doug Flutie was still there too.

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Sure, Rivers has some talent on the Chargers teams (early, before LT left & Gatesy got old) but he's got talent with this Colts team too, in likely the best O=line protecting him than he's had since LT's MVP season. 

As for the Chargers & Colts 2004 teams, both went 12-4 and won their respective divisions, but the Colts won a playoff game whereas the Chargers did not. I don't get the point you're trying to make in this comparison though, since although Rivers was on the team, Brees was the starting QB and Doug Flutie was still there too.

Are you saying that this current (As-Is) Phillip Rivers with this current Colts team is better than the Chargers LT MVP years with Phillip?

When this fan base complains that:

1) RB Marlon Mack needs to be released, even though we dont have a #1 RB currently w.out him

2) DT Deforest, we should have kept the pick (14th) and selected DT Kinslaw

3) CB Rhodes, shouldn't have been signed, (I had a disagreement w/ a poster that Rhodes would start)

4) K Adam Vinny, Should be on the team to brake a kicking record (*scratching my head)

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

When it comes to listing stats and breaking down that stuff you are the best on this site. I appreciate your takes my friend. You clearly have a lot of knowledge, you are my age and have been watching since the late 70's. Watching that long your eye test is like mine and you can just see what is going on :thmup:

13 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Are you saying that this current (As-Is) Phillip Rivers with this current Colts team is better than the Chargers LT MVP years with Phillip?

When this fan base complains that:

1) RB Marlon Mack needs to be released, even though we dont have a #1 RB currently w.out him

2) DT Deforest, we should have kept the pick (14th) and selected DT Kinslaw

3) CB Rhodes, shouldn't have been signed

4) K Adam Vinny, Should be on the team to brake a kicking record (*scratching my head)

While trying to prove that Philip has had all this awesome talent supporting him while with the Chargers and therefore should’ve been even more successful (that is the point you’re trying to make, isn’t it?) I notice 1 glaring omission: coaching!

It’s pretty hard for a quarterback or their team to succeed, especially in the postseason  without a great one, and NFL history is littered with HOF QBs who also enjoyed HOF Head Coaches.

Let’s look at the collection of characters who Philip was saddled with in San Diego/LA: Marty Schottenheimer, then Norv Turner, then Mike McCoy & then Anthony Lynn! Who among them are getting to Canton? Not a one of them, unless Marty eventually gets in on a sympathy vote since he has over 200 wins but his putrid 5-13 postseason record will likely keep him out.

While trying to prove that Philip has had all this awesome talent supporting him while with the Chargers and therefore should’ve been even more successful (that is the point you’re trying to make, isn’t it?) I notice 1 glaring omission: coaching!

It’s pretty hard for a quarterback or their team to succeed, especially in the postseason  without a great one, and NFL history is littered with HOF QBs who also enjoyed HOF Head Coaches.

Let’s look at the collection of characters who Philip was saddled with in San Diego/LA: Marty Schottenheimer, then Norv Turner, then Mike McCoy & then Anthony Lynn! Who among them are getting to Canton? Not a one of them, unless Marty eventually gets in on a sympathy vote since he has over 200 wins but his putrid 5-13 postseason record will likely keep him out.

IMO the Chargers in the Rivers era only had 1 legit great team and that was in 2006. In 2006 the problem was you also had us who won it all, the Pats with BB and Brady, and the Ravens who were all power houses. The Chargers in 2007 was good but Rivers tore his ACL and LT was out in the playoffs. 2009 was very good but not like 2006, JMO and that year the Colts were nearly unbeatable. Rivers just has played in an era where he had to deal with either Brady, Ben, or Peyton in the same conference or the Ravens defense.

Archived