Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly Reminder

danlhart87

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

In what way is Miami the football capital of anything?

Question for you and those who LOL with your post. How long have you been following football to ask a juvenile question? Is that even a question to ponder?

I'f I go through the list of South Florida talent, we would need to start a separate website, yes website never mind thread.

Coaches along: Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wanstedt, Pagano, just to name a few. Lets not start with players. On this current team, players not named Marlon Mack or TY Hilton, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brissett, Al Qudin Muhammad, Xavier Rhodes (Norland High School is less than 20 mins away).

Ever heard of a guy named Edgerrin James? Ask Peyton Manning and Jim Irsey who is Edgerrin James? LOL (as the legend has it, Edgerrin was bigger, and faster than Sequon Barkley. Just to make a long story short)

I actually take offense to your question. But to no avail, here is your answer:

• The Hurricanes hold the record for most players selected in the first round in a single draft (6, in 2004), most first-round draft picks in a two-year period (10, from 2003 to 2004), most first-round draft picks in a three-year period (15, from 2002 through 2004), and most first-round picks in a four-year period (19, from 2001 through 2004).
  • As of the 2015 NFL season, UM has 45 players on NFL rosters, including players on NFL Practice Squads and Injured Reserves and not including current Free Agents, which is the most out of any NCAA program in the nation.
  • As of the 2016 NFL Draft, Miami now has had at least one NFL draft pick in every draft since 1975, each of the last 42 NFL drafts, one of the longest streaks among FBS programs.
  • The Hurricanes once had a streak of 149 consecutive regular season weeks where a former Hurricane scored a touchdown in an NFL game; the streak started in Week 15 of the 2002 NFL regular season and ended in Week 11 of the 2011 season.During the streak, 33 different former Hurricanes scored touchdowns and a total of 661 touchdowns were scored.
  • From the 2001 Miami Hurricanes football team alone, 42 players went on to be drafted into the NFL from (2002-2006), including 17 1st round picks.
  • The Hurricanes have had at least one former player make the Pro Bowl every season since 1985, 31 years in a row.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Question for you and those who LOL with your post. How long have you been following football to ask a juvenile question? Is that even a question to ponder?

I'f I go through the list of South Florida talent, we would need to start a separate website, yes website never mind thread.

Coaches along: Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wanstedt, Pagano, just to name a few. Lets not start with players. On this current team, players not named Marlon Mack or TY Hilton, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brissett, Al Qudin Muhammad, Xavier Rhodes (Norland High School is less than 20 mins away).

I actually take offense to your question. But to no avail, here is your answer:

• The Hurricanes hold the record for most players selected in the first round in a single draft (6, in 2004), most first-round draft picks in a two-year period (10, from 2003 to 2004), most first-round draft picks in a three-year period (15, from 2002 through 2004), and most first-round picks in a four-year period (19, from 2001 through 2004).
  • As of the 2015 NFL season, UM has 45 players on NFL rosters, including players on NFL Practice Squads and Injured Reserves and not including current Free Agents, which is the most out of any NCAA program in the nation.
  • As of the 2016 NFL Draft, Miami now has had at least one NFL draft pick in every draft since 1975, each of the last 42 NFL drafts, one of the longest streaks among FBS programs.
  • The Hurricanes once had a streak of 149 consecutive regular season weeks where a former Hurricane scored a touchdown in an NFL game; the streak started in Week 15 of the 2002 NFL regular season and ended in Week 11 of the 2011 season.During the streak, 33 different former Hurricanes scored touchdowns and a total of 661 touchdowns were scored.
  • From the 2001 Miami Hurricanes football team alone, 42 players went on to be drafted into the NFL from (2002-2006), including 17 1st round picks.
  • The Hurricanes have had at least one former player make the Pro Bowl every season since 1985, 31 years in a row.

And you got beat by Florida International and Louisiana Tech last year...... 

But, I mean, The U does have the highest paid players. From the Pell Grant fraud, to Shapiro handing out cash and cars, I would hope they put more in the NFL than most teams. Add on the hidden drug test to keep players eligible... 

Not sure why Miami's history of NFL draft picks is relevant in general, or has any bearing on why you're football takes are any better than anyone else?

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

But, I mean, The U does have the highest paid players. From the Pell Grant fraud, to Shapiro handing out cash and cars, I would hope they put more in the NFL than most teams. Add on the hidden drug test to keep players eligible... 

Not sure why Miami's history of NFL draft picks is relevant in general, or has any bearing on why you're football takes are any better than anyone else?

You are not equipped to hold this conversation. Bringing up a small moment of "dirty laundry" of a program doesn't discredit anything that you cant findout, or know. which Im sure you know very well that South Florida is the mecca of football talent. Why would any sound/knowledgeable student/fan of the game of football, ever bring up PENN State (scandal) to disparage  or take away the impact, records, of "The Great" Joe Paterno? (Just like with Jeff Simmons, some slick fan wants to air out someones dirty laundry.)

Every program recruits heavily out of south florida. including Bama, Clemson, LSU, Mich, Oregon, etc. Dont be a hater now.

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And if you don't want to include UM and name just players from South Florida or Miami attending Non UM schools, I will have a field day with this discussion. Don't do it to your self. I'll save you now.

But I'm in a good mood so lets go. Do you not know that Just about every prototype player is a Hurricane or from South Florida? If you name me a RB/Wr/TE/CB/LB/Dline or Safety, more than half of the time that said prototype player came from South Florida?

You can not hold this conversation with me. No memes needed bud.

21 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

NOPE, I WANT EVERYONE BLAMING JACOBY FOR A SUB-PAR LAST YEAR, TO NOT GIVE EXCUSES FOR PHILLIP RIVERS (the HOFer).

Look I can tell you're getting worked up about this.

The truth is with Buckner back, our defense will improve, so not worried about that.

But offensively we're only going as far as Philip takes us and Philip can only win us games if he has decent protection.

With AC and Kelly out, those were two huge losses.  What QB would be productive losing his starting C and LT ?

I have posted before the key to success for this team is for the Oline to keep Rivers upright and his jersey clean.

If that happens we can beat anyone.

If the Oline doesn't provide good protection like the browns game (AC was out for that one too), we can lose to anyone.

BTW, there is only one L in Philips name.  Its like the biblical Philip.

There was another thread about the Colts biggest weakness...and I didn't get a chance to post.

But I meant to say then...it's clearly the 1st half. For a defense that is supposedly elite...they have been really bad in the 1st half for most of the recent games. And that has put the Colts in some of those games.

Fortunately for the Colts, they would play much better in the 2nd half while opposing team would simultaneous play bad football (whether it was offense, defense, STs...or all 3)...and the Colts were able to come back and win. 

But eventually, the hole was going to be too large to overcome...OR the other team would play well enough to not surrender a huge lead in the 2nd half. And that's what happened Sunday.

The Colts don't have Mahomes...the slow starts will make for a very short playoff run.

18 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

You are not equipped to hold this conversation. Bringing up a small moment of "dirty laundry" of a program doesn't discredit anything that you cant findout, or know. which Im sure you know very well that South Florida is the mecca of football talent. Why would any sound/knowledgeable student/fan of the game of football, ever bring up PENN State (scandal) to disparage  or take away the impact, records, of "The Great" Joe Paterno? (Just like with Jeff Simmons, some slick fan wants to air out someones dirty laundry.)

Every program recruits heavily out of south florida. including Bama, Clemson, LSU, Mich, Oregon, etc. Dont be a hater now.

Thanks for the chuckle... 

A small moment? The program has been dirty from the 80s through 2010. The entire Johnson and Ericson years were mired in things like drugs, guns, violations, the Pell Grant fraud, and hiding drug tests. Davis was dirty too. They just couldn't prove us much till he got to UNC lol. The Shapiro stuff was from at least 2002-2010 lol..  So 30 years of dirty... how many of those figures you posted came from the 80s through 2010? Miami is likely #1 on the list of most or longest scandals.

Not equipped to hold the conversation? That's pretty rich. I've been an avid CFB fan since the 80s, and have followed recruiting closely since before the likes of Scout, Rivals, and 247. I do agree, south Florida and Florida in general is phenomenal in regards to talent. Again, not sure why that makes you're opinion anything special. Can you explain that to me? 

Not sure I'd call it the Mecca. I'd give that to TX if we're looking at the last 20+ years. All big teams recruit FL. They also all hit CA, GA, TX, etc.. 

All that said, to be honest, I'm a fan of Miami being good at football. College football is better when they are in the conversation. They are one of the classic "bad guy" teams that folks love to hate. One of my best friends is a Hurricane, and I love talking football with him. I've also spent a lot of time in S Florida.

Archived