Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly Reminder

danlhart87

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I expected nothing less from Derrick Henry when we are missing Buckner Autry and Okereke..

The colts are very talented, but there still isn't a lot of depth yet on the roster that can help when one of our key players are missing. And if the colts can't stop the run, which seems to be the case without Buckner and Autry in the line, then the whole D seems to collapse. And we dont have the QB anymore that can bail you out of those cruddy scenarios...

Rivers has bailed them out of many large deficits this season. Of course he had Costanzo during those comebacks. And a running game. 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Read the forum we have people here who were chargers fans that followed him here.  

Ok, I understand that you are used to Divisional banners hanging in the rafters instead of Championship banners. Thats why you make excuses for Phillip. the Steelers, and other teams dont make excuses nor care for divisional banners. 2nd place is good for you. Not for others. #TheU

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

In the 2nd round of the 2019 draft the Colts got Rock Ya-Sin, Ben Banogu, and Parris Campbell. They passed over A.J. Brown twice and Metcalf three times.

Campbell is where he was his rookie year: at home injured

Banogu was (rightfully so) a healthy scratch again

Ya-Sin...rumor has it he’s still holding on to Corey Davis as we speak

And they apparently liked Banogu so much that they traded back from #26 when Sweat was available before making those 2nd round selections.

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Ok, I understand that you are used to Divisional banners hanging in the rafters instead of Championship banners. Thats why you make excuses for Phillip. the Steelers, and other teams dont make excuses nor care for divisional banners. 2nd place is good for you. Not for others. #TheU

Only 1 team wins the SB every year so our chances of winning a SB going into every season is about 5%, you know that right? Even with Manning it was only around 20%.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah saying Rivers is trash is ridiculous. He is a Hall of Famer and has played some good football this year.

Even Tua has played better than Rivers. Just admit the truth. Giving excuses only slows down the team. Take accountability just as you did last year when calling out JB after AL retired, and give the credit where it's due. Rivers need JB to throw 50 yards and on short yard plays. Because that's. what we've all seen the past 4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

And they apparently liked Banogu so much that they traded back from #26 when Sweat was available before making those 2nd round selections.

Sweat has 13 career sacks too smh. 7 last year and 6 this year. I thinks that’s more than Turray, Lewis, and Banogu have combined in their careers.

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Even Tua has played better than Rivers. Just admit the truth. Giving excuses only slows down the team. Take accountability just as you did last year when calling out JB after AL retired, and give the credit where it's due. Rivers need JB to throw 50 yards and on short yard plays. Because that's. what we've all seen the past 4 weeks.

I defended JB a lot last year, I actually never bashed him. I just said he wasn't a franchise QB. I think he is a great backup. I like JB.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Sweat has 13 career sacks too smh. 7 last year and 6 this year. I thinks that’s more than Turray, Lewis, and Banogu have combined in their careers.

Do you know the one commonality between Sweat and Rivers and why one made it to the Colts and one hasn't? Fit. (I know thats what I said).

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

What are you even talking about?  We have ZERO say in what the team does or doesn’t do at QB.  It doesn’t matter one bit if we like Rivers or not.  We have nothing to take accountability for and we have nothing to do with running the team so what we say doesn’t slow them down.

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Last week

Tua: 11 for 20 83 yards 

Rivers: 24 for 36 288 3 1

You are a clown 

22 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

NOPE, I WANT EVERYONE BLAMING JACOBY FOR A SUB-PAR LAST YEAR, TO NOT GIVE EXCUSES FOR PHILLIP RIVERS (the HOFer).

Come on man. Rivers has his issues, but not like JB. The Colts passing O is currently top 10ish in ypg. Last year.... #30.

And last year, JB had a better/healthier OL, and a better running game to fall back on. They both had musical chairs at WR, but JB had a clear advantage with TEs the though the first 10 games.

I mean, it's not even a comparison... If you want to hang your hat on purely INTs, better fire Tom Brady too, since they both have the same.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Not unexpected but still disappointing

You know what’s crazy? The Titans nearly traded him in the middle of a lack luster first season as a starter. Derrick Henry reportedly had a come-to-Jesus talk with Titans legend Eddie George about his running technique and then a light switch went on.  He’s been King Henry ever since.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Come on man. Rivers has his issues, but not like JB. The Colts passing O is currently top 10ish in ypg. Last year.... #30.

And last year, JB had a better/healthier OL, and a better running game to fall back on. They both had musical chairs at WR, but JB had a clear advantage with TEs the though the first 10 games.

I mean, it's not even a comparison... If you want to hang your hat on purely INTs, better fire Tom Brady too, since they both have the same.

that is not really fair to jacoby though , frank did not let him throw it . he has more trust in rivers and lets him throw 40 times a game .   jacoby was around 18 touchdowns to 3 picks when the colts were 5-2 before getting injured .   also the running game did better with jacoby because he is more mobile and has a stronger arm .  looking at the stats teams are stacking the box way more this year .      jacoby had pascal as his number 1 last year and was injured .   rivers has a better team this year i believe with jacoby we could be 7-4 or 6-5 . the run game would be better and with a top 3 defense we could of beat the jags and browns and ravens but lose to packers bengals and it would even out .  

32 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I remember Ballard saying Banogu  had traits similar to Jaime Collins.  I thought that meant he would be a lb but I guess he couldn’t make the switch.  Hopefully the light comes on for him and soon

people were way harder on jacoby then rivers .  lets be honest there stats are not that far apart jacoby missed two games last year . jacoby is 18 touchdowns and 8 picks   rivers is 15 touchdowns and 9 picks with 3 games left to compare apples to apples there stats will not be far off  in 3 games .    rivers will have on or two more touchdowns but 3 or 4 more picks

8 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

You know what’s crazy? The Titans nearly traded him in the middle of a lack luster first season as a starter. Derrick Henry reportedly had a come-to-Jesus talk with Titans legend Eddie George about his running technique and then a light switch went on.  He’s been King Henry ever since.

Congrats on the win, you guys kicked our butt today. 

13 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

That’s a great story. Eg telling dh to stop running like a ..wimp.. and to run over people.  Pretty cool

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that is not really fair to jacoby though , frank did not let him throw it . he has more trust in rivers and lets him throw 40 times a game .   jacoby was around 18 touchdowns to 3 picks when the colts were 5-2 before getting injured .   also the running game did better with jacoby because he is more mobile and has a stronger arm .  looking at the stats teams are stacking the box way more this year .      jacoby had pascal as his number 1 last year and was injured .   rivers has a better team this year i believe with jacoby we could be 7-4 or 6-5 . the run game would be better and with a top 3 defense we could of beat the jags and browns and ravens but lose to packers bengals and it would even out .  

Come on man...

1. Pascal IS River's leading WR. Rivers finds anyone, unlike JB.

2. JB struggled to read Ds

3. JB does not throw with anticipation

4. JB would not throw to the seam

5. JB would not throw deep

6. JB had one of the highest time to throws even on dink/dunks

7. All22 captures repeatedly showed JB not recognizing wide open WRs.

8. The run game wasn't better because of JB. He had MAC all year with a 100% healthy OL all year.

Reich recognized all the above, and went run heavy. There's not a lot of mystery about it. It's why they went out and got Rivers.

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

people were way harder on jacoby then rivers .  lets be honest there stats are not that far apart jacoby missed two games last year . jacoby is 18 touchdowns and 8 picks   rivers is 15 touchdowns and 9 picks with 3 games left to compare apples to apples there stats will not be far off  in 3 games .    rivers will have on or two more touchdowns but 3 or 4 more picks

Everyone’s only reasoning is he’s “better” than Brissett. Not saying much

47 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

What are you even talking about?  We have ZERO say in what the team does or doesn’t do at QB.  It doesn’t matter one bit if we like Rivers or not.  We have nothing to take accountability for and we have nothing to do with running the team so what we say doesn’t slow them down.

Talk about moving the goal-line. Because the Colts lost, now you are making multiple online post and "doesn’t matter one bit if we like Rivers or not"? 

So everyone here are making comments for No reason? whats the point of being a fan posting here, to say it doesnt matter

If it doesn't matter then don't quote me. You are simply trolling because when I make post I include: Stats, Teams, Players, Public opinion (to remind ppl what the narrative was), etc.

Generally when I make football discussions its from an informed standpoint. Not a "It doesn't matter" point of view.

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

Wait a min.. So now it doesn't matter that we lost first place in the division today? Wowwwwwww

So I guess losing to the Jags week 1 doesn't matter either? talk about making excuses deep in November. You better hope we don't lose another game or two.

who are you talking to

8 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Talk about moving the goal-line. Because the Colts lost, now you are making multiple online post and "doesn’t matter one bit if we like Rivers or not"? 

So everyone here are making comments for No reason? whats the point of being a fan posting here, to say it doesnt matter

If it doesn't matter then don't quote me. You are simply trolling because when I make post I include: Stats, Teams, Players, Public opinion (to remind ppl what the narrative was), etc.

Generally when I make football discussions its from an informed standpoint. Not a "It doesn't matter" point of view.

Saying someone is “just trolling” is a really rude way of invalidating their opinion. Also, we’re not professional analysts, people can make posts on here without anything to back them up; that’s why this is a public forum. No offense, but just because someone is less knowledgeable than you on football or the Colts doesn’t make their opinions not worth hearing. This is a place for discussion

6 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Wait a min.. So now it doesn't matter that we lost first place in the division today? Wowwwwwww

So I guess losing to the Jags week 1 doesn't matter either? talk about making excuses deep in November. You better hope we don't lose another game or two.

All wins and losses matter. A team has to learn to 'win'. It's a whole lot more than X's and O's.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

who are you talking to

Im talking to everyone who believe that this loss is't a big deal. Guys this team nearly lost against the Bengals. If it wasn't for special team and timely INTs from our Defense, this team would have loss to the Bengals. Lets not act lost. Then the Ravens, Half time score: 10 - 7. Final score 10 - 24. We didn't score not 1 point in the 3rd or 4th Quarter. 

If you guys are still saying it doesn't matter, the I know that the expectations are low and the writing is on the wall for this season. IF, it doesn't matter. Because teams like the Miami Dolphins are in the Playoff hunt. And they are a balanced team with a rookie QB. 

I'm just a realist. Not a superfan that's naive to anything else that's going on around the NFL.

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Saying someone is “just trolling” is a really rude way of invalidating their opinion. Also, we’re not professional analysts, people can make posts on here without anything to back them up; that’s why this is a public forum. No offense, but just because someone is less knowledgeable than you on football or the Colts doesn’t make their opinions not worth hearing. This is a place for discussion

Bro, catchup. I'm bringing some serious thinking discussions here like: 

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Guys this team nearly lost against the Bengals. If it wasn't for special team and timely INTs from our Defense, this team would have loss to the Bengals. Lets not act lost. Then the Ravens, Half time score: 10 - 7. Final score 10 - 24. We didn't score not 1 point in the 3rd or 4th Quarter. 

If you guys are still saying it doesn't matter, the I know that the expectations are low and the writing is on the wall for this season. IF, it doesn't matter. Because teams like the Miami Dolphins are in the Playoff hunt. And they are a balanced team with a rookie QB. 

Please contribute to the discussion with sound information. Dont slow me down to explain, unless it's a question which I don't mind. because if not, you are just whining or making noise. Distracting from the discussion.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Will you block me? because I've been saying this since the summer. Phillip is who I thought he was. Sure beat up on a Bengals team with a rookie QB (Bengals gave up a 21 point lead). And what did I say during the Ravens game? I stated that it exposed our offense. 1) Phillip cant throw more than 50 yards, and 2) We need a backup QB on short yard/goal line situations.

But anyways..people have been saying "Phillip is a HOF QB"... uhhh yeah he had freaking Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, and a few Pro bowl WRs (David Boston, Allen, etc). 

Whenever the ball comes out of Rivers hands, I hold my breath as to is he throwing the ball 1) to the intended receiver, and 2) Will it get to the intended receiver. He scares the Heck out of me throwing the ball, and he cant run to the sidelines to save his life. Over paid QB, and all those ppl that were trashing Jacoby last year are quiet as a mouse after seeing Rivers play. And I've said it from the beginning. He will throw a INT in key moments, and doesn't have any ability to carry the team.

This was proven once Defo/Autry was out today. Sure the Oline getting injured compounded things, But LAST YEAR no one gave Jacoby any excuses, rather question why he was even on the team. #Facts. 

Here's a bunch of dog-crap opinions I have, while I ignore that our defense completely lost us this game and pretend the QB somehow had something to do with it.

Now I'll add #Facts so people will think I know what I'm talking about.

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Bro, catchup. I'm bringing some serious thinking discussions here like: 

Please contribute to the discussion with sound information. Dont slow me down to explain, unless it's a question which I don't mind. because if not, you are just whining or making noise. Distracting from the discussion.

If you want to add “serious thinking discussions” that’s fine, but people are allowed to add in their thoughts, no matter how much they may “slow you down.” Just because you don’t like certain posts doesn’t mean you have to attack people; just ignore the posts you don’t want to discuss with.

Certain people on here post stuff I disagree with daily, but I just ignore them instead of attacking them or calling them trolls. I appreciate you adding to the discussion, but you need to actually discuss with people, not just blow off their thoughts as “trolling” or “whining”

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Here's a bunch of dog-crap opinions I have, while I ignore that our defense completely lost us this game and pretend the QB somehow had something to do with it.

Now I'll add #Facts so people will think I know what I'm talking about.

DId fans not question why the Colts gave JB a 2yr/$30 Mill contract? or say he wasn't worth his contract? #Facts

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

If you want to add “serious thinking discussions” that’s fine, but people are allowed to add in their thoughts, no matter how much they may “slow you down.” Just because you don’t like certain posts doesn’t mean you have to attack people; just ignore the posts you don’t want to discuss with.

Certain people on here post stuff I disagree with daily, but I just ignore them instead of attacking them or calling them trolls.

Bro, do you not see im having football conversations about players, and salaries? I just said: 

DId fans not question why the Colts gave JB a 2yr/$30 Mill contract? or say he wasn't worth his contract? #Facts

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

The fact that you said "There's a team named" rather than just saying the name is hilarious to me 

Can someone explain to me who the Denver Broncos are? Are they a team or something....? I’m confusedconfused ryan reynolds GIF

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

Bro, do you not see im having football conversations about players, and salaries? I just said: 

I would wager that you’re not actually reading what I’m saying to you, and you’re missing my point

Archived