Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)

Yoshinator

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I wanted Gruden bad..Say whatever you want but the Raiders are nasty..Great things come to those who take great risks..Safe rarely works

I love Gruden as a coach. That team has been outperforming their talent. They play hard for him. I think the Raiders have a decent shot of making the playoffs this year. They are only going to get better.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Ballard took a team decimated with bad contracts and aging veterans and has slowly turned it around.

If you want Grigson back you might be the dumbest person on this forum. 

Enuff wirh the Ballard rook over a decimated team. It has been 4 years. We r heading into year 5 and he have only one winning season under his belt. I agree, Luck set his plan back. However, he needs to get the qb position settled. Rivers, to me, a one year plan. They either find out if Eason is the guy or take  a bold step next year. I almost thought they should have traded their # 13 pick for more picks so they could have moved up in the 2021 qb rich draft. Ballard was intent upon getting that 3 technique to run this crap scheme. To me that is Ballard's biggest failure.  His total buy in to this defensive scheme.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Enuff wirh the Ballard rook over a decimated team. It has been 4 years. We r heading into year 5 and he have only one winning season under his belt. I agree, Luck set his plan back. However, he needs to get the qb position settled. Rivers, to me, a one year plan. They either find out if Eason is the guy or take  a bold step next year. I almost thought they should have traded their # 13 pick for more picks so they could have moved up in the 2021 qb rich draft. Ballard was intent upon getting that 3 technique to run this crap scheme. To me that is Ballard's biggest failure.  His total buy in to this defensive scheme.

Thank you..people treat him like he is a messiah or something..Ravens took a chance on Jackson..We could've found a way to get Jackson..We could've found a way to get Herbert..Just frustrating..Id rather try to win at all costs like some teams do, other than being overly cautious and being mediocre..

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Thank you..people treat him like he is a messiah or something..Ravens took a chance on Jackson..We could've found a way to get Jackson..We could've found a way to get Herbert..Just frustrating..Id rather try to win at all costs like some teams do, other than being overly cautious and being mediocre..

That's what destroyed our talent with Grigson and aside from injuries that's what has hurt the eagles since they won the Super Bowl. Sure you can go all out to try to win one Super Bowl or you can do what Ballard is doing and creating an organization that will win multiple, if you want great things patience is key.

20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Trading for Buckner was a great move. 

Seems like you don't like it. 

27 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

trading up has its fair share of success and failures

S- Mahomes Jackson Allen 

F- Rosen Trubisky 

Keep in mind the Bucs are in win-now mode. They know once Brady is done, they are effectively done. Taking a chance on Brown makes sense, because Brown makes them better now. The Colts don't need to win now because we have a young nucleus of guys and a promising (imo) young QB in Eason. I know that sucks to hear, but Brown isn't worth compromising our locker-room over.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

Ballard won’t take any risks?

Were you around way back in the year 2020 when he traded the 13th pick overall and gave him a huge contact?   Were you hear for that?

Because if Buckner doesn’t give us 5 great years and/or if the DT San Fran turns out to be better than Buckner, I promise you Jared Cisneros will be leading the “Fire Chris Ballard  protest” on this website!   That guy will go nuts!

Boy...    2020...    you should have been here back then.   Crazy year!   Strange times....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard won’t take any risks?

Were you around way back in the year 2020 when he traded the 13th pick overall and gave him a huge contact?   Were you hear for that?

Because if Buckner doesn’t give us 5 great years and/or if the DT San Fran turns out to be better than Buckner, I ironies you Jared Cisneros will be leading the “Fire Chris Ballard   protest” on this website?

Boy...    2020...    you should have been there back then.   Crazy year!   Strange times. 

Buckner is literally safer than anyone we could of gotten at 13. That was a great trade and an extremely safe pick. Buckner was an all-pro before we traded for him and the chances he will after are very high. We also traded for him when he was 25 years old. I loved the trade. Terrible example.

If I say fire Ballard, the last reason will be because of the Buckner trade, it will be because of the inability to draft a decent WR or EDGE rusher, or the inability to replace Luck and get us a franchise QB.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Buckner is literally safer than anyone we could of gotten at 13. That was a great trade and an extremely safe pick. Buckner was an all-pro before we traded for him and the chances he will after are very high. We also traded for him when he was 25 years old. I loved the trade. Terrible example.

If I say fire Ballard, the last reason will be because of the Buckner trade, it will be because of the inability to draft a decent WR or EDGE rusher, or the inability to replace Luck and get us a franchise QB.

Right.   Sure.    That’s what you say...  today. 

Let’s see what happens a few years from now.

I’ll wait. 

Oh, by the way, finding a franchise level quarterback is the hardest thing to do in all of sports.    So it’s possible we won’t replace Luck as easily as some here would like.   Or haven’t you seen all those trade for Sam Darnold threads?   (Yes, I know you’ve got at least one of them....)

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.   Sure.    That’s what you say...  today. 

Let’s see what happens a few years from now.

I’ll wait. 

Oh, by the way, finding a franchise level quarterback is the hardest thing to do in all of sports.    So it’s possible we won’t replace Luck as easily as some here would like.   Or haven’t you seen all those trade for Sam Darnold threads?   (Yes, I know you’ve got at least one of them....)

I said I loved the trade back then too. Here's the proof. My posts are all over the thread. I'm not negative for the heck of it. Only when this team deserves it. 

The only part I agree with is that we should make a move for someone. hopefully at WR. But Antonio Brown is a HELL NO for me. If the patriots can't handle you, you are done! AB is gonna do great until Evans and Godwin get healthy and start getting more targets and then I'll be right here laughing at the Bucs for the signing. Even their head coach at the start of the season said that Brown wasn't a good fit and wasn't right for the team. You think a coach saying that about you will work out?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I said I loved the trade back then too. Here's the proof. My posts are all over the thread. I'm not negative for the heck of it. Only when this team deserves it. 

Jared....  focus!    

I never said you didn’t like the trade at the start.   Look again.   I’m saying if it doesn’t work out in the long run, you’ll sing a different tune years from now.   That’s completely different.   

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The team doesn't deserve it though. Despite all these weaknesses you claim the Colts have the bottom line is the Colts are  4 - 2 and still in the race for the playoffs.

I know every single team has weaknesses and its how you adapt to those that make you a good team.

Not every team is gonna be in win now mode like the Bucs this year. 

Ballard going after Rivers wasn't that! He saw a guy who could possibly be an overall upgrade over Brissett and went with it but also made upgrades in the draft that have been fantastic so far in Taylor and Blackmon. Pittman will return and catch up soon!

Eason is developing well too for 21' 

The point is Colts are making adjustments for the present as well as the future but sometimes the value takes time. Patience is the biggest key here. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jared....  focus!    

I never said you didn’t like the trade at the start.   Look again.   I’m saying if it doesn’t work out in the long run, you’ll sing a different tune years from now.   That’s completely different.   

I probably will. However, every GM, Coach, or anyone associated with football should be judged based on their results, not "what looked like the right decision at the time." If that were true, Ballard would be chastisted for the 2018 draft and plenty other picks that looked like reaches. You have to give it a few years. Likewise, when Ballard makes a decision that is universally praised and it doesn't work out, you have to judge that by the result as well once you gain plenty of information. Good or bad, the end result is what you are judged on. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The team doesn't deserve it though. Despite all these weaknesses you claim the Colts have the bottom line is the Colts are  4 - 2 and still in the race for the playoffs.

I know every single team has weaknesses and its how you adapt to those that make you a good team.

Not every team is gonna be in win now mode like the Bucs this year. 

Ballard going after Rivers wasn't that! He saw a guy who could possibly be an overall upgrade over Brissett and went with it but also made upgrades in the draft that have been fantastic so far in Taylor and Blackmon. Pittman will return and catch up soon!

Eason is developing well too for 21' 

The point is Colts are making adjustments for the present as well as the future but sometimes the value takes time. Patience is the biggest key here. 

The Colts are 4-2 against a cupcake schedule though, and have an extremely hard 2nd half schedule after the Lions game. I think everyone expected them to be at least 4-2 through the 6 games we had. Going after Rivers was a one-year win-now move. Ballard knew he was getting Buckner for the 13th overall pick, so Rivers was a one-year replacement, and Eason was probably one of several QBs that we'd keep on the roster for the future that we were interested in in the draft. 

Let me ask you this. Rivers and Brissett are probably gone after this year. We'll have Eason, and probably draft a QB and sign one in FA. I don't know if we'll draft a QB early and start him year 1, or draft another QB in the mid-rounds and start a FA. However, unless we sign someone like Dak next year, do you see us competing with our QB situation? We'll either start a 1st or 2nd round rookie, Jacob Eason who may not get any playing time in his rookie year, or a FA that would just continue the process for a 3rd year in a row not getting our young QBs any playing time.

I want to go for it this year. Getting in the playoffs gives you a chance, but we need more than what we have right now most likely. Without Rivers, it sets us back another year because of reasons I mentioned above. We may have a "good team", and Ballard may "draft well", but without a franchise QB, we can't beat the Chiefs and Ravens. We'll probably struggle Vs the Titans, Steelers, and Bills. Remember, we lost to the Browns and barely beat the Bengals.

If we get a pick from 15-20, then it's going to be hard to trade up for a QB as well. That means we probably aren't getting Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. If we don't go for it with Rivers this year, we'll probably miss the playoffs next year until our QB gets better, and by then, we'll have to re-sign the 2018 draft class and be cash-strapped. We are in really bad shape unless we get a QB to produce IMMEDIATELY next year.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Colts are 4-2 against a cupcake schedule though, and have an extremely hard 2nd half schedule after the Lions game. I think everyone expected them to be at least 4-2 through the 6 games we had. Going after Rivers was a one-year win-now move. Ballard knew he was getting Buckner for the 13th overall pick, so Rivers was a one-year replacement, and Eason was probably one of several QBs that we'd keep on the roster for the future that we were interested in in the draft. 

Let me ask you this. Rivers and Brissett are probably gone after this year. We'll have Eason, and probably draft a QB and sign one in FA. I don't know if we'll draft a QB early and start him year 1, or draft another QB in the mid-rounds and start a FA. However, unless we sign someone like Dak next year, do you see us competing with our QB situation? We'll either start a 1st or 2nd round rookie, Jacob Eason who may not get any playing time in his rookie year, or a FA that would just continue the process for a 3rd year in a row not getting our young QBs any playing time.

I want to go for it this year. Getting in the playoffs gives you a chance, but we need more than what we have right now most likely. Without Rivers, it sets us back another year because of reasons I mentioned above. We may have a "good team", and Ballard may "draft well", but without a franchise QB, we can't beat the Chiefs and Ravens. We'll probably struggle Vs the Titans, Steelers, and Bills. Remember, we lost to the Browns and barely beat the Bengals.

If we get a pick from 15-20, then it's going to be hard to trade up for a QB as well. That means we probably aren't getting Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. If we don't go for it with Rivers this year, we'll probably miss the playoffs next year until our QB gets better, and by then, we'll have to re-sign the 2018 draft class and be cash-strapped. We are in really bad shape unless we get a QB to produce IMMEDIATELY next year.

Don't rule out bringing Rivers back next year either. The options at QB in 21' are limitless as you can tell with the 50 gazillion threads. 

I think the key is to continue to build the trenches. 

There's a reason the DBs are on pace to shatter the INT for last year and its because Buckner!

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Don't rule out bringing Rivers back next year either. The options at QB in 21' are limitless as you can tell with the 50 gazillion threads. 

I think the key is to continue to build the trenches. 

There's a reason the DBs are on pace to shatter the INT for last year and its because Buckner!

I always loved Buckner and have been in favor of getting him since day 1. My issue is the offense. The QB issue, Mack being gone, will Pittman and Campbell be good? How will we replace Costanzo? We have a lot question marks right now, and although they should be answered by the end of the season, it all depends on the QB. We need to have an actual plan after Rivers this year instead of the 1 year band-aids. I don't blame Ballard for Lucks retirement, however, he needs to come up with something to try and fix the situation long-term. If Eason is that, ok, just don't let him rot on the bench like Kelly. I understand sitting him this year, just don't sign a veteran FA and have him sit a 2nd year in a row. That would be criminal. Start Eason, trade for a QB, draft one, I don't care. Just have a long-term plan for the future. That is our biggest weakness right now, and what will ultimately decide if we are playoff contenders for the next few years.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I always loved Buckner and have been in favor of getting him since day 1. My issue is the offense. The QB issue, Mack being gone, will Pittman and Campbell be good? How will we replace Costanzo? We have a lot question marks right now, and although they should be answered by the end of the season, it all depends on the QB. We need to have an actual plan after Rivers this year instead of the 1 year band-aids. I don't blame Ballard for Lucks retirement, however, he needs to come up with something to try and fix the situation long-term. If Eason is that, ok, just don't let him rot on the bench like Kelly. I understand sitting him this year, just don't sign a veteran FA and have him sit a 2nd year in a row. That would be criminal. Start Eason, trade for a QB, draft one, I don't care. Just have a long-term plan for the future. That is our biggest weakness right now, and what will ultimately decide if we are playoff contenders for the next few years.

I agree to some extent. I hope Colts pursue the QB aggressively if Rivers leaves. I would be ok trading up too cause a solid QB can turn around an O completely.

Said it before and will again and again 

Trading up for a QB is risky but I think its worth the risk and could potentially be monumental to the Colts success.

The key is getting the right guy.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I agree to some extent. I hope Colts pursue the QB aggressively if Rivers leaves. I would be ok trading up too cause a solid QB can turn around an O completely.

Said it before and will again and again 

Trading up for a QB is risky but I think its worth the risk and could potentially be monumental to the Colts success.

The key is getting the right guy.

The best option may be trading a 3rd rounder for Darnold if the Jets get the no1 pick, and having him compete with Eason next year for the starting job. I also wouldn't mind signing Kelly back since he knows the playbook and has potential still. A competition with those three wouldn't hurt us much in the way of draft compensation, we can figure out if we have our franchise QB within the three, and still have a solid draft class.

Heck, in this scenario, Ballard could trade down in the 1st to acquire the 3rd round pick back he traded for Darnold. I trust his drafting skills enough that I believe he can hit on a late 1st round pick.

• NFLfan changed the title to Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)

Antonio Brown wore out his welcome on three teams, so I won't consider this a good signing yet. I have to see how things work out in Tampa first. Brown is a talented player but not a great locker room presence.  Maybe he'll settle down, maybe he'll continue with the same problems. Will be interesting to see how he fits in. 

15 hours ago, ColtJax said:

How did they find the cap room for this. Why is it all these team sign whoever they want?

i dont know if someone answered in the last 15 hours but AB is signing for a minimal contract.  i dont have the exact number but the report said its going to be low

16 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

You get upset at every person Colts don't sign and the poor attitude isn't helping. 

Why do you think Brown only signed a 1 year deal?

Because he is an absolute joke off the field and a locker room cancer.

I hope he once again screws up cause im sick and freakin tired of this clown getting another shot. 

Same for Josh Gordon too

Gordon I have more empathy for. Unlike Brown he is completely professional in the locker room and the only person he hurts is himself.  I would cheer for Gordon over and over again.. while AB is just a gangster wannabe with amazing talent.. he sort of reminds me of Hernandez.

5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I love the trade, but I would rather have Herbert..

That surely helps the O for several years but this D without Buckner would be bottom 10 again. I'm sick and tired of having horrible Ds.

The D isn't fantastic now but definitely improving!

On 10/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, danlhart87 said:

The Colts arent going all in this year.

Ballard will prepare this team beyond 20'

Losing out on a 1 year rental on a guy who has constantly proven to be a joke isn't a big deal

Im still waiting for Ballards drafts to produce success. 1 play off year and that was  with Luck.

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

That surely helps the O for several years but this D without Buckner would be bottom 10 again. I'm sick and tired of having horrible Ds.

The D isn't fantastic now but definitely improving!

This D sucks

Archived