Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)


Recommended Posts

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. They were at #13 last year. They could have moved to #5 and gotten Herbert. Makes me question Ballards ability to scout qbs

How is this clown still in the league?

I love the trade, but I would rather have Herbert..

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

You get upset at every person Colts don't sign and the poor attitude isn't helping. 

 

Why do you think Brown only signed a 1 year deal?

 

Because he is an absolute joke off the field and a locker room cancer.

 

I hope he once again screws up cause im sick and freakin tired of this clown getting another shot. 

 

Same for Josh Gordon too

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

plus bucs are 4 - 2 as well but they are a winning team and we arent?!?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

You get upset at every person Colts don't sign and the poor attitude isn't helping. 

 

Why do you think Brown only signed a 1 year deal?

 

Because he is an absolute joke off the field and a locker room cancer.

 

I hope he once again screws up cause im sick and freakin tired of this clown getting another shot. 

 

Same for Josh Gordon too

Dan... I get upset because of the teams who are signing them or trading for them. Chiefs (Bell), Ravens (Ngakoue), Bucs (Brown). What do all these teams have in common? They are playoff teams trying to win a SB. They are taking the extra step. The Colts were supposedly going for it this year, had some injuries, all these guys can fill a need, and we go after none of those. If we don't win the SB this year and Rivers retires, then we won't have a chance for another couple years without a solid QB unless we repeat the FA route again. This is our chance, if it fails, it fails, but we have to try.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dan... I get upset because of the teams who are signing them or trading for them. Chiefs (Bell), Ravens (Ngakoue), Bucs (Brown). What do all these teams have in common? They are playoff teams trying to win a SB. They are taking the extra step. The Colts were supposedly going for it this year, had some injuries, all these guys can fill a need, and we go after none of those. If we don't win the SB this year and Rivers retires, then we won't have a chance for another couple years without a solid QB unless we repeat the FA route again. This is our chance, if it fails, it fails, but we have to try.

The Colts arent going all in this year.

Ballard will prepare this team beyond 20'

 

Losing out on a 1 year rental on a guy who has constantly proven to be a joke isn't a big deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The Colts arent going all in this year.

Ballard will prepare this team beyond 20'

 

Losing out on a 1 year rental on a guy who has constantly proven to be a joke isn't a big deal

What is Ballard on the 10 year plan? Right now his record looks horrible compared to Grigson and that is a sad truth..When does he have to win?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

What is Ballard on the 10 year plan? Right now his record looks horriblw compared to Grigson..When does he have to win?

 

 

Ballard took a team decimated with bad contracts and aging veterans and has slowly turned it around.

 

If you want Grigson back you might be the dumbest person on this forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

 

 

Ballard took a team decimated with bad contracts and aging veterans and has slowly turned it around.

 

If you want Grigson back you might be the dumbest person on this forum. 

Turned it around? We had one winning season carried by Luck and Leonard mainly and Luck gave up..He isn't Ozzie Newsome..We had no losing seasons in Grigson era and I'm no Grigson fan..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

Turned it around? We had one winning season carried by Luck and Leonard mainly and Luck gave up..He isn't Ozzie Newsome

Yes Grigson would have us drafting top 10 every year.

 

Ballard has done a fine job improving the team since Grigson and is making improvements every single year.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes Grigson would have us drafting top 10 every year.

 

Ballard has done a fine job improving the team since Grigson and is making improvements every single year.

 

 

Trust me I know Grigson was trash, Im just saying..His record is better than Ballard..We were 8-8 with Pagano and starting 5 different QBs..

At what point do we see the results?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Trust me I know Grigson was trash, Im just saying..His record is better than Ballard..We were 8-8 with Pagano and starting 5 different QBs..

At what point do we see the results?

His record was better cause of Luck. 

A once in a generation QB helps that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No...Id like us to try and do something though..A practice squad guy we signed off street looks to be #1 receiver..We couldve drafted Metcalf which I wanted..Could have drafted T.J. Watt which I wanted..I don't know man..I don't like the looks of things..Brutal schedule coming up

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

At some point we need to do SOMETHING for Ballard to live up to the hype..

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Im not against Darnold either if Jets haven't ruined him already..He looked good end of last year..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

Im not against Darnold either if Jets haven't ruined him already..He looked good end of last year..

Darnold would do well here. Everyone who plays under Gase does much worse than their actual ability. Tannehill, Parker, Osemele, Anderson, Gesicki, Drake, just to name a few have all done better after leaving Gase or him leaving them, and that's just on offense. I trust Darnold to do better here. Ballard has a good relationship with the Jets, and Rex Hogan is their assistant GM who used to work under Ballard. 

 

Of course, we probably won't get him, and everyone will defend the move when we sign a FA QB to compete with Eason and next year is a wash as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Grigson proved going all in FAs doesn't equal success after the Gore and Johnson disaster 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard seems to draft a lot of guys made of glass...maybe its bad luck

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Grigson proved going all in FAs doesn't equal success after the Gore and Johnson disaster 

At least he tried...all I can say

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Ballard seems to draft a lot of guys made of glass...maybe its bad luck

At least he tried...all I can say

The Ballard  Draft way is the right way to build a team.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

Grigson proved going all in FAs doesn't equal success after the Gore and Johnson disaster 

Where did I say that? You have to build a team around the draft. However, you have to sprinkle in FA's as well. Especially when we can't draft in areas such as WR, EDGE, and now QB (because of draft position). You use FA's to sign needs and draft BPA. That's how it's supposed to be, and Ballard isn't filling our needs with elite FA's and players that are available for trade.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Where did I say that? You have to build a team around the draft. However, you have to sprinkle in FA's as well. Especially when we can't draft in areas such as WR, EDGE, and now QB (because of draft position). You use FA's to sign needs and draft BPA. That's how it's supposed to be, and Ballard isn't filling our needs with elite FA's and players that are available for trade.

Ngakoue threw a fit with Jags until they traded him. 

 

Bell sat out a year and ended up on a bad team with an even smaller contract 

 

Brown ruined his chance with all 3 teams he played for. 

 

None of which are big losses 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Its been 4 years and probably no playoffs again..

Gonna be middle of pack again..And what really worries me is he was gonna hire McDaniels .. get your wallet out after this season and pay Jim Harbaugh whatever it takes to bring him here..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Wow. What a signing. Must feel good for Brady to see his team go all in for him. A one year deal is pretty sweet. His first game is week 9 vs the Saints in Tampa.

why is everyone supporting this?

brown has yet to prove he's worth a chance 

 

3x he has screwed up and teams keep giving this guy a chance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

why is everyone supporting this?

brown has yet to prove he's worth a chance 

 

3x he has screwed up and teams keep giving this * a chance 

He is a great receiver so he will always be giving a chance. He was actually fine in New England until the tweets with that woman. I guess we will find out if he is reformed or not. He certainly loves Brady. Amazing how they formed such a bond in 11 days. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Ngakoue threw a fit with Jags until they traded him. 

 

Bell sat out a year and ended up on a bad team with an even smaller contract 

 

Brown ruined his chance with all 3 teams he played for. 

 

None of which are big losses 

We are neutral by not signing them. However, the Chiefs get better, the Ravens get better, and the Bucs get better. Two of those teams are in the AFC and are probably the two top teams in the conference. That's the point you are missing. They are increasing their odds of making and winning the SB while we do nothing.

 

A similar argument is if a team didn't have a 1st round pick hypothetically and argued that they didn't get any worse and are fine. Yes, you didn't get worse, but every team with a 1st round pick just got better. The Chiefs and Ravens got better. That's my point. We remain the same.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

its entirely too early for that 

Meh..Look at schedule..We are never ready at start of games ..Its deja vu , just like Pagano era..I call it like I see it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We are neutral by not signing them. However, the Chiefs get better, the Ravens get better, and the Bucs get better. Two of those teams are in the AFC and are probably the two top teams in the conference. That's the point you are missing. They are increasing their odds of making and winning the SB while we do nothing.

 

A similar argument is if a team didn't have a 1st round pick hypothetically and argued that they didn't get any worse and are fine. Yes, you didn't get worse, but every team with a 1st round pick just got better. The Chiefs and Ravens got better. That's my point. We remain the same.

Does anyone remember when we had a chance to get Mike Vrabel ???smh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...