Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chances We Will Get Coby Fleener?

He is 6'6 245 pounds. I imagine kind of like a Gronkowski. How can we not get him? I know we have plenty of needs and this is one of them because we have no TE now. Maybe thats why they got rid of Dallas Clarke? Because they knew of Fleener? lol. He is a perfect complement to Luck.

Tight ends don't ever really go in the first round except for Vernon Davis. I could imagine passing on him in the 33rd pick of the 2nd round but then trading up to get him right after.

From 25 to 32 i dont see Fleener going to any of those teams.

25. Broncos: I think they have a decent tight ends unless Elway wants to get him for Peyton...

26. Texans: They probably have to get someone to replace Mario Williams...

27. Patriots: They already have Gronkowski and plenty other tight ends like Hernandez and that other guy. HIGHLY doubt it...

28. Green Bay Packers: I think they will be very concentrated on the defense this year...

29. Ravens: This one is risky because they may want to get more weapons for Flacco this year.

30. 49ers: No one is replacing Vernon Davis anytime soon...

31. Patriots: Same as above

32. Giants: I think they will address the runningback need first after losing one maybe.

I dont see Fleener going in the Top 25. Do you think we should get him?

Broncos won't, just got Dreessen and Tamme.

Texans have Daniels but lost Dreessen. Can't see it being a HUGE need, especially with a few could pass rushers in first round.

Patriots won't.

Packers PROBABLY won't.

Ravens really like Pitta + Dickson from what I heard.

49ers are the main threat. Harbaugh loved using 2 TE's at Stanford apparently. Would make sense as they don't have many needs.

Giants could. Martellus Bennett has been signed but doubt they take one so high.

If he gets past 49ers we have a good chance.

Don't forget the Rams at 33 could use a weapon for Bradford. This doesn't take into account any teams that know we are targeting him at 34 who want to jump up and trade with one of those teams to grab Fleener before us. I honestly think if we want him, we'll have to jump up a few spots.

Don't forget the Rams at 33 could use a weapon for Bradford. This doesn't take into account any teams that know we are targeting him at 34 who want to jump up and trade with one of those teams to grab Fleener before us. I honestly think if we want him, we'll have to jump up a few spots.

I wouldn't jump for him. If he falls to us, take him; but we have too many needs to spend picks jumping back into the first. There are too many other quality players we can get by staying with the 34 overall.

oh no.......didnt see that! Didnt we trade with the Rams last year or something? How did they get in front of us?! There is no doubt we HAVE to trade up. And i dont see anyone wanting to trade for the Colts unless its the enemy Patriots with 2 first round picks.

Although i dont see them as a rival anymore since Peyton left....

oh no.......didnt see that! Didnt we trade with the Rams last year or something? How did they get in front of us?! There is no doubt we HAVE to trade up. And i dont see anyone wanting to trade for the Colts unless its the enemy Patriots with 2 first round picks.

Although i dont see them as a rival anymore since Peyton left....

We alternate every round with the Rams since we finished tied at 2-14.

A lot of people have the Giants grabbing him, but he could definitely fall. Whether or not we will even take him remains to be questioned also. We have bigger needs at NT but admittedly there may not be one there worth the pick, but an OG or great CB could still fall as well. I would not be upset if we took Fleener though. It would certainly be a more "exciting" pick.

Broncos won't, just got Dreessen and Tamme.

Texans have Daniels but lost Dreessen. Can't see it being a HUGE need, especially with a few could pass rushers in first round.

Patriots won't.

Packers PROBABLY won't.

Ravens really like Pitta + Dickson from what I heard.

49ers are the main threat. Harbaugh loved using 2 TE's at Stanford apparently. Would make sense as they don't have many needs.

Giants could. Martellus Bennett has been signed but doubt they take one so high.

If he gets past 49ers we have a good chance.

I could see SF going WR since Moss cant be counted on anymore and they only really have Crabtree and Manningham. So hopefully he lasts to us!

As said earlier, I'd take him if he drops to us, don't wanna trade up for him. Rams took Lance Kendricks last year, would they take another TE so early when they need OLine help?

Depends, I think they go either Blackmon or OL in the first and I think they do the opposite in round 2. If they have him as BPA then sure, if they don't see a WR they like at 33.

I like Fleener a lot but I would have mixed feelings about trading up for him when we have so many needs.

I would say it's 50-50 right now if Fleener falls to 34. I could see the Giants and 49ers taking him. I would take Fleener if Kirkpatrick, Jenkins, Perry and Wright are off the board which is likely. The thing I worry about is with the huge seasons Rob Gronkowksi and Jimmy Graham had this year a team may reach for Fleener to try to duplicate that success.

not sure why people keep saying fleener to the giants. if you look at what the giants like in their tight ends it isn't coby fleener at all.

They are decimated at TE after the superbowl. I think they have only one who isn't injured. One tore their ACL and is likely out for this upcoming season and the other had knee injury in the SB as well even though it wasn't as bad. Fleener gives the Giants some depth and likely would be the best catching TE they have.

They are decimated at TE after the superbowl. I think they have only one who isn't injured. One tore their ACL and is likely out for this upcoming season and the other had knee injury in the SB as well even though it wasn't as bad. Fleener gives the Giants some depth and likely would be the best catching TE they have.

i understand that..but traditinally the giant like bigger tight ends who can block, which fleener def is not. plus, the just signed one in free agency.

Just a thought, but the Pats pick at 27 and 31. Conventional wisdom says they have no reason, but aren't both Gronk and Hern. RFA after the coming season. Might be less expensive to let one of the walk and have Fleener. Doubt it will happen with their defensive needs, but who knows with Hoodie.

Just think. We're going to get picks in this draft some 28-30 slots ahead of where we normally get. Couple that with the fact that we are in need of just about every position and we SHOULD have a great draft. I think we should take Fleener or the best receiver available. I also worry about the Rams because they are in need of every position too, and Fleener would be a great pick for them.

Chances?...slim to none that he gets past the first round and even if he does there is likely to be better value on the board at more critical need areas. There are some decent TE prospects in later rounds. Luck could make them look just as good as he made Fleener look I'm sure.

I believe there's a solid chance of Fleener being at #34. The only thing I worry about is the time between round 1 and round 2. Teams have all day to regroup and perhaps trade with the Rams for someone who has fallen out of the 1st round. This is similar to what the Jets did at the top of the 3rd round to get Shonn Greene.

Yep if he gets out of the first round... The Rams will definitely take a look at him, esp if they don't get a WR with their first pick.