Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Behind The Scenes On Peyton's Search For New Team

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's getting tough to hang out here even though I stick just to the NFL general section.

and yet, here we are. time will settle all these arguments, or Not.

I hope Peyton has one heck of a year.... in a good way.

Good article. Zero editorial commentary. Just lay out Peyton's visits & why he went were he went.

Familiarity is the central thesis here: John Elway, John Fox, Jack Del Rio, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, & a coaching staff willing to retool & cater the offense to #18's skill set. Pete Carrol of the Seattle SeaHawks is such a fool. You never show up unannounced trying to woo Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is a public relations chess master always thinking 7 moves ahead of media personnel & head coaches.

John Elway was the lynch pin here. He speaks QB dialect, knows that a reliable running back is a QB's best friend see Terrel Davis in Denver, & he brought in TE Jacob Tamme to make the Denver transition a lot easier for Manning.

I really like Jack Del Rio as the new Broncos DC too. Good NFL player himself who will bring the heat to get the ball back for Manning whenever he needs it.

I was a little sad when read that he really believed he was going back to the colts one day before the presser

Not surprising at all. As I said all along Peyton didn't want to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irsay convinced him that the circumstances made it such & he was going to release veterans, start over, with the #1 pick in the draft & convinced Peyton Luck needed to start & that Peyton knew it. Its Irsays team not Peyton's what the heck is he suppose to say. Peyton did what Irsay thought LONG TERM was best for the Colts. Peyton respects Irsay & agreed. RELUCTANTLY!

Forgive me for believing Peyton at his own word.

Forgive me for interpreting when Peyton said that he was not 100%, to mean that he is not 100%, instead of interpreting it to mean he is at 100%.

Forgive me for not inserting Peyton-fandom into the equation, such that it allows me to alter what Peyton said to mean the opposite.

Have to lol at the 80% people without ever having a neck surgery will not understand.Had the same procedure done 3 weeks before Peyton still in pain but no feeling in right hand.There are times you feel great then you switch a light switch on or pick up a cup of coffee and the cramps and muscle relexes causes so much pain u cant move your arm for a day.By the way make sure warm coffee because its going flying.

I also had the same surgery as Peyton right b4 he did... And I feel a lot better. No pain, just still rebuilding lost muscle.... I would not say I am 100% nor do I think Peyton is 100% but he is ready to play at an all pro level. Peyton himself has said this. I don't want to take the time to find the link but elway asked him somehing along those lines and he responded instantly with a yes. Not sure why Frogger doesnt want to see Peyton succeed but it is getting real old.

I don't understand why everybody keeps saying that he doesn't want to see Peyton succeed. I don't read every little bit of the forum, but I have never seen him post anything to indicate that. What I usually see from him is defense of Irsay because he feels that releasing Manning was the right decision given the information that was available at the time the decision had to be made and challenges to assertations that Manning is healthy, recovered, and ready to kick butt and take names. Neither of those indicate that he doesn't want to see Manning succeed. He's just not jumping to the automatic conclusion that he will succeed.

Not sure why Frogger doesnt want to see Peyton succeed but it is getting real old.

Again, what I want is irrelevant.

I want to see Peyton healthy at 100% of his pre-injury form.

I want to be born wealthy.

I want the Colts to win the SB every year.

OK, now let's talk reality.

Peyton himself said he is not 100%.

Peyton did not say he was ready to play at pro level.

All Peyton said was that he was not 100%, but if he had to play that Sunday (sometime in March), he would be able to.

Again, what I want is irrelevant.

I want to see Peyton healthy at 100% of his pre-injury form.

I want to be born wealthy.

I want the Colts to win the SB every year.

OK, now let's talk reality.

Peyton himself said he is not 100%.

Peyton did not say he was ready to play at pro level.

All Peyton said was that he was not 100%, but if he had to play that Sunday (sometime in March), he would be able to.

Thats enough for me an apparently LOTS of teams in the NFL

I'm not going to find the link for you frog...

I doubt u will answer but I have another question for you.

Let's say colts draft rg3 and the redskins draft luck. Who would be your favorite NFL team?

I'm not going to find the link for you frog...

I doubt u will answer but I have another question for you.

Let's say colts draft rg3 and the redskins draft luck. Who would be your favorite NFL team?

If you believe the other posters, it would be the Lions! haha.

No, if the Colts take RG3, I will be unhappy, but I will still root for the Colts.

You see, I am a fan of the team, not any player who might be on the team.

Even if the Colts take Luck, and trade him away years later, I will still be with the Colts.

If you believe the other posters, it would be the Lions! haha.

No, if the Colts take RG3, I will be unhappy, but I will still root for the Colts.

You see, I am a fan of the team, not any player who might be on the team.

Even if the Colts take Luck, and trade him away years later, I will still be with the Colts.

agreed, its part of the business side of the NFL, a constant reevaluation of players and releasing old for the new is always needed, thats why some teams have been so successful

agreed, its part of the business side of the NFL, a constant reevaluation of players and releasing old for the new is always needed, thats why some teams have been so successful

I think some fans who may be considering leaving the Colts to become Bronco fans so that they can cheer on Peyton Manning may be surprised that there are other fans who will remain Colts fans even if a player they support might not be with the team.

I think some fans who may be considering leaving the Colts to become Bronco fans so that they can cheer on Peyton Manning may be surprised that there are other fans who will remain Colts fans even if a player they support might not be with the team.

players and even teams come and go but love for the game in its purest form stays forever

i loved peyton and hope to see him be successful in denver....

BUT i actually think i now agree with the moves we made and am proud to have always been, am, and always will be a colts fan.

I just find it a little hard to believe you'd still be behind him if he hadn't already been cut....

You misunderstand me. I am not supporting him since he has been cut.

My point is that I would support anybody that the team has under center, even if the team re-signs Painter.

You misunderstand me. I am not supporting him since he has been cut.

My point is that I would support anybody that the team has under center, even if the team re-signs Painter.

I don't misunderstand you.... still think this is an easy statement for you to make because you KNOW they will not re-sign him. Nonetheless, you are true to the COLTS. I understand that. Peace, Love and Football.... :hippie:

From the pics that were posted of the fans already in Luck jerseys last season, it doesn't look like all fans were supporting the QB under center. :( It is all subjective at times.

*shrug*

Peace, Love and Football.... :hippie2:

Yes, it is all subjective at times.

And this upcoming season, when there are fans wearing jerseys of a QB who no longer plays for the team, shall we interpret them as fans who aren't supporting the QB under center as well?

You see, it is all a matter of perspective.

Peace, Love and Football. :)

This was a great article, and it is sad number 18 is gone to the Denver Broncos. I will watch him and I have cried way too many tears over the loss of a legend.

I am worried not about Manning's neck, but his hands. Nerve degeneration/regeneration can make the hands numb. This may impact in any weather and any indoor/outdoor condition.

I want him to continue to be a HOF/GOAT type of player. Lets root for Peyton to be halthy, and root for Andrew Luck to bring us back to prosperity. Agree to disagree on our Colts best friend....

Is there a rule that you can't be a Colts fan and still cheer for Peyton Manning? :???: If there is I guess I will be breaking the rules big time.

Yes, it is all subjective at times.

And this upcoming season, when there are fans wearing jerseys of a QB who no longer plays for the team, shall we interpret them as fans who aren't supporting the QB under center as well?

You see, it is all a matter of perspective.

Peace, Love and Football. :)

Well if I was a betting person I'm betting at training camp this year there will be a lot of past players jerseys being worn there. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy new jerseys for themselves and their families. I even saw some Sanders jerseys last year. Just stating what I saw last year.

Well if I was a betting person I'm betting at training camp this year there will be a lot of past players jerseys being worn there. Not everyone can afford to go out and buy new jerseys for themselves and their families. I even saw some Sanders jerseys last year. Just stating what I saw last year.

I bet you're right, and that there will be plenty of past players' jerseys worn out there.

However, you will forgive me for not interpreting that as being disrepsectful against any present player, OK? ;)

No rule at all.

Just as there is no rule that you cannot support the Colts drafting a really good QB prospect.

I have never said I didn't support them signing another QB you just assumed that. You need to quit assuming I guess. haha

I learned years ago that I'm not actually a Colts fan. I was quite alarmed and a little disappointed when I first found out that I had been living a lie all those years, but I have since come to terms with it. And to think I would still be living the lie if I hadn't joined this forum (through its many incarnations)....

I bet you're right, and that there will be plenty of past players' jerseys worn out there.

However, you will forgive me for not interpreting that as being disrepsectful against any present player, OK? ;)

Well considering the economy I imagine food on the table is more important than jerseys. Speaking of disrespectful what about the Luck jerseys being worn last year to the games. That was disrespectful of the whole team.