Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Behind The Scenes On Peyton's Search For New Team

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the article. It was a good read.

If what it says is true, then around the March 17-19 timeframe, Peyton himself acknowledged that his arm is not 100% yet. This is interesting information.

Manning talked to another confidant, Bill Parcells, who he knew wouldn't b.s. him. He told Parcells his arm wasn't 100% yet. "You know who Jamie Moyer is?" Parcells asked, referring to the veteran lefthander who's been pitching in the majors since 1986. Manning said he did.

"He's 49 years old," Parcells said. "He's not 26 anymore, but he's still getting 'em out. Can you still throw well enough to get 'em out?'

"I think I can," Manning said.

"Then don't worry about it."

I think Irsay made his mind up a while ago to go with Luck/Rebuild and this was only stretched out to make each guy look better in the public eye and to give Manning time to be ready to audition for new teams.

Or perhaps Irsay waited to see "IF" Manning was interested in restructuring his deal so he could stay in Indy.

After the way this off season went down I don't think there is any way Manning thought he would be back, esp with him refusing to rework his deal to limit the risk the team would be taking. Like he did for Denver.

Whatever... he is now a Bronco and if Indy plays him I hope Mathis puts him on his bum all game long.

Thanks for the article. It was a good read.

If what it says is true, then around the March 17-19 timeframe, Peyton himself acknowledged that his arm is not 100% yet. This is interesting information.

And if true how can anyone, including Peyton himself, expect the team to take the kind of risk that paying him the bonus would have presented.

Just not a realistic scenario... esp when the player admits he is "not right"

And if true how can anyone, including Peyton himself, expect the team to take the kind of risk that paying him the bonus would have presented.

Just not a realistic scenario... esp when the player admits he is "not right"

1) If true, PM could not rationally expect that the Colts would pay the option bonus as it was structured, knowing what he knew then about his own arm condition.

2) He signed a very differently structured contract with the Broncos than he did with the Colts. The Broncos contract permits the Broncos to release him if his neck/nerve/arm issue resurfaces, without having to put at risk too much money.

Both these points should put to bed any claims that PM was "healthy" on or about March 8, when the option bonus according to the Colts contract was due.

Both these points should dissolve any animosity any Colts fan may have against Jim Irsay who promised that if PM was healthy, he would be a Colt.

Peyton has said right along he's not 100%, but he's throwing well and expects to be able to play by Sept. That's what's important. He also said that if there was a game now, yes, he could play.

3 teams gave him full physicals and watched him throw and didn't so much as blink in offering him a 5 year contract.

After an emotional farewell news conference in Indianapolis on the seventh, Manning spent an hour with 30 longtime Colts employees. "Maintenance, secretaries, equipment guys, everybody who'd been there a long time," he said. "Some guys leave a place after a long time, and they're bitter. Not me. But it was important for me to get closure."

What a thoughtful and classy guy. During a difficult time for him, he thought of others and took the time to say thanks and so long!

After an emotional farewell news conference in Indianapolis on the seventh, Manning spent an hour with 30 longtime Colts employees. "Maintenance, secretaries, equipment guys, everybody who'd been there a long time," he said. "Some guys leave a place after a long time, and they're bitter. Not me. But it was important for me to get closure."

What a thoughtful and classy guy. During a difficult time for him, he thought of others and took the time to say thanks and so long!

I've also seen where the Denver press has been so impressed b/c he has taken the time to know their names already and also introduces himself when he meets them.

Peyton has said right along he's not 100%, but he's throwing well and expects to be able to play by Sept. That's what's important. He also said that if there was a game now, yes, he could play.

3 teams gave him full physicals and watched him throw and didn't so much as blink in offering him a 5 year contract.

1) Yes, PM has indeed said right along that he's not 100%. Unfortunately some people tend to disregard that in many threads I have read.

What is equally important, is that when he said that if there was a game now, yes he could play, and that he would not play as well as expected.

Heck, if there was a game now, I could play too, and the quality of my play would be horrible.

2) You don't know what the terms of any other contract may have been. You don't even know if any other contract was offered to PM before he made his decision to go with the Broncos.

1) Yes, PM has indeed said right along that he's not 100%. Unfortunately some people tend to disregard that in many threads I have read.

What is equally important, is that when he said that if there was a game now, yes he could play, and that he would not play as well as expected.

Heck, if there was a game now, I could play too, and the quality of my play would be horrible.

2) You don't know what the terms of any other contract may have been. You don't even know if any other contract was offered to PM before he made his decision to go with the Broncos.

Actually, Schefter and Mort reported that all the teams were working with the same perameters on a financial deal.

You just seem to want him to not be getting better.

Actually, Schefter and Mort reported that all the teams were working with the same perameters on a financial deal.

You just seem to want him to not be getting better.

1) You do not know if the parameters include the pay-as-you-go terms similar to the contract he signed with the Broncos. You do not know if any other team (besides the Broncos) offered a contract for PM to review.

2) What I want is irrelevant. What I want has nothing to do with the truth. It seems many fans have difficulty with separating what they want from reality.

1) You do not know if the parameters include the pay-as-you-go terms similar to the contract he signed with the Broncos. You do not know if any other team (besides the Broncos) offered a contract for PM to review.

2) What I want is irrelevant. What I want has nothing to do with the truth. It seems many fans have difficulty with separating what they want from reality.

And I have the same exact thought about you. You don't know Peyton's health or lack thereof any better than the rest of us, yet you grab onto anything that might indicate he can't play. we have to wait and see.

And I have the same exact thought about you. You don't know Peyton's health or lack thereof any better than the rest of us, yet you grab onto anything that might indicate he can't play. we have to wait and see.

I don't know PM's health, but I believe PM when he says that he is not 100%. Do you?

This is getting silly. No one thinks Manning is 100% right now, including Elway. Why does he have to be in March? If he's at 80%, he's still better than most QBs.

I assume you don't believe PM to be 100% now.

Okay.

We will wait and see when it gets closer to the season opener, when a reporter asks PM again, how is his neck/nerve/arm, and if PM deems fit to answer that question.

Alternatively, we will see how he plays, assuming he starts.

Time will tell...... why does everyone continue to "argue" about this.

to pass time till the draft starts LOL, actually it does get, I have actually moved on, I am ready for the new era and hopefully that involves defense

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - blank post
Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - blank post

to pass time till the draft starts LOL, actually it does get annoying and old, I have actually moved on, I am ready for the new era and hopefully that involves defense

Peyton would say he wasn't 100% if he had to fart.... He is harder on himself than anyone else is on him.

You have to consider things like this Frogger. Truth is, you don't consider the kind of person Peyton is in any of your comments. It probably has something to do with you being a huge Stanford fan who went to all their games to see Luck play and having recently converted to being a colts fan only because they are drafting Andrew Luck.....

Peyton would say he wasn't 100% if he had to fart.... He is harder on himself than anyone else is on him.

You have to consider things like this Frogger. Truth is, you don't consider the kind of person Peyton is in any of your comments. It probably has something to do with you being a huge Stanford fan who went to all their games to see Luck play and having recently converted to being a colts fan only because they are drafting Andrew Luck.....

Forgive me for believing Peyton at his own word.

Forgive me for interpreting when Peyton said that he was not 100%, to mean that he is not 100%, instead of interpreting it to mean he is at 100%.

Forgive me for not inserting Peyton-fandom into the equation, such that it allows me to alter what Peyton said to mean the opposite.