Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikes game - Good, Bad, and the Ugly

EastStreet

200.gif

Good

Game plan - both sides of the ball. Why did we not do the same thing vs Jax. Holy cow.

Taylor - after a lackluster week 1, looked great with 100+. Would love to see his AVG increase and some break aways, but loved what I saw in his first start.

Rivers - not big numbers, but very efficient and great bounce back game. The INT was not on him.

Pittman - Not a ton of yards, but 4/6 and seemed to be gaining confidence.

MAC - what a breakout game for him. Inherited the #1 TE role and put up 100+. Hands looked great doing it except for.... (below)

Flus - So were the DBs playing closer to the LOS (man) this game. Were we stunting and blitzing a bit more? Am I crazy? More cowbell. 

Pass rush - Lewis, Houston, Buckner all got in on sacks. Add in a TFL from Leonard. More cowbell.

DB - Moore, Willis, and Carrie all get an INT. More man, please.

Blackmon - I know we really didn't see him alone in coverage, but nice little day for him in his first game. He's a thumper.

Wilkins - He seems to always run pretty good when given a chance. Hope to see him more to keep Taylor fresh.

Rhodes - looked much better than last week.

NT - Both Steward and Stallworth had some nice moments

Rodrigo - perfect for the day. Thank you.

Bad

TY - Not a great game. Need him to fix whatever is broke. Routes and effort looked bad last week. Something has to be going on.

Hines - Where'd he go? Glad not to see him running between the Ts, but did he get hurt or something?

Oke - looked a bit lost at times today. Got really abused vs the run on at least one occasion.

Ugly

TY - dropping a perfect deep pass in the end zone.

MAC - his chest bounce. He made up for it, but that was ugly.

Campbell - injured again. Hoping it's only a minor MCL strain like reported.

Hooker - If the achilleas rumors are true, really bad break for Maklik. Contract year, and needed to show out. 

Adams - not sure what the injury is. Both he and Franklin have been having a good start, so hope Adams is back soon. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure how serious the injury was but he seemed upset

Because he knows that his career likely just ended if this is a season ending one. At the very least, he’ll be gone as a Colt most likely or have to take a far lighter deal than he may have gotten otherwise

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

200.gif

Good

Game plan - both sides of the ball. Why did we not do the same thing vs Jax. Holy cow.

Taylor - after a lackluster week 1, looked great with 100+. Would love to see his AVG increase and some break aways, but loved what I saw in his first start.

Rivers - not big numbers, but very efficient and great bounce back game. The INT was not on him.

MAC - what a breakout game for him. Inherited the #1 TE role and put up 100+. Hands looked great doing it except for.... (below)

Flus - So were the DBs playing closer to the LOS (man) this game. Were we stunting and blitzing a bit more? Am I crazy? More cowbell. 

Pass rush - Lewis, Houston, Buckner all got in on sacks. Add in a TFL from Leonard. More cowbell.

Blackmon - I know we really didn't see him alone in coverage, but nice little day for him in his first game. He's a thumper.

Wilkins - He seems to always run pretty good when given a chance. Hope to see him more to keep Taylor fresh.

Bad

TY - Not a great game. Need him to fix whatever is broke. Routes and effort looked bad last week. Something has to be going on.

Hines - Where'd he go? Glad not to see him running between the Ts, but did he get hurt or something?

Oke - looked a bit lost at times today. Got really abused vs the run on at least one occasion.

Ugly

Hooker - If the achilleas rumors are true, really bad break for Maklik. Contract year, and needed to show out. 

Adams - not sure what the injury is. Both he and Franklin have been having a good start, so hope Adams is back soon. 

I agree with all but the Oke part. He had one or two terrible plays but had several big reads and stops, at least 4-5 that I can think of

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

200.gif

Good

Bad

Ugly

Today we definitely got more cowbell.

The Rhodes injury was just cramps, thankfully.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Buckner pretty much wasn't stoppable in the 2nd half. Loved watching him work it.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I agree with all but the Oke part. He had one or two terrible plays but had several big reads and stops, at least 4-5 that I can think of

Not sure he could have 4-5 stops. He only had 2 tackles. He just struggles way too much when he's playing the run at MIKE.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure he could have 4-5 stops. He only had 2 tackles. He just struggles way too much when he's playing the run at MIKE.

He clogged up some holes and force the rb back inside more than once. I’m not saying he played balls out but he was ok

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

The Rhodes injury was just cramps, thankfully.

Buckner pretty much wasn't stoppable in the 2nd half. Loved watching him work it.

Their OL was pretty bad. We were getting push most of the game. We cam sooooo close to getting at least 3 other sacks.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to give the oline some credit. Rivers has never seen a oline pass protect like they did today. Staying balanced helped with the pass protection.

Their DL, made GB's OL the "OL of the week" last week (PFF). 

So going to say our OL basically had a week off, kinda lol. Will be funny if we're OL of the week this week.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He clogged up some holes and force the rb back inside more than once. I’m not saying he played balls out but he was ok

Containing and forcing the RBs back inside is his job when he's playing SAM, not really Mike. When he's Mike vs the run, his job is to seek and destroy. 

When he does play SAM, he typically looks much better than vs the run at MIKE (which is what I'm primarily talking about). Although he might have been at SAM on one of the plays where he whiffed on Cook.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Autry has also looked really good in two games.

He's done really nice. So glad he's back at DE.

And I'm just stoked that we're in the top 1/3 of the league in sacks. It's early I know, but still feels good. Should be top 1/3 in INTs too after today.

Just now, EastStreet said:

He's done really nice. So glad he's back at DE.

And I'm just stoked that we're in the top 1/3 of the league in sacks. It's early I know, but still feels good. Should be top 1/3 in INTs too after today.

Good chance of being #1 defense in yds vs pass and #1 defense in yds vs run too.

Archived