Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Rivals.

The Cowboys and The Pats are on my constant root against no matter what list.

This Saints team is going to be despised now by all fans of other teams. It was earned.

Philly, Oakland, SD, the rest of the AFC south, all are on a lower rung of dislike.

Schadenfreude makes football more palatable when your team is down!

I saw the Bears mentioned a few times. Where did that come from?

Yet no one mentioned he Steelers, who knocked out the 05 Colts(best team in the Manning era) out of the playoffs. The dirty steelers also knocked out Captain Comeback out of the playoffs

Not to mention, a couple of times in the mid-seventies.

No one that I would say I HATE. There are a few teams that I always root against no matter who they play.

Patriots- mostly the Manning/Brady competition that is gone now, though they will face each other this year

Raiders- the bad boys of old

Cowboys- Guess I am the only one on here that doesn't root for "Americas Team"

No one that I would say I HATE. There are a few teams that I always root against no matter who they play.

Patriots- mostly the Manning/Brady competition that is gone now, though they will face each other this year

Raiders- the bad boys of old

Cowboys- Guess I am the only one on here that doesn't root for "Americas Team"

Agree with the Cowboys... But mine is more strictly from hating the arrogant "Texas Pride" mentality. lol

The Pats, hands down. I have no respect for them. Need we remember their fearless leader, Bellychicky (who doesn't know how to buy a new sweatshirt and keep the sleeves attached to it) is a cheater???? I cannot respect cheaters. (And don't get me going on their whiney baby of a QB Tommy Boy...) I used to repsectfully dislike the Saints b/c of how they have improved in the last half dozen years, but with the Bounty Scandal I have lost any respect for them from their owner (b/c I believe he knew what was going on) to HC Payton on down to any player involved. And quite honestly I hope teams pound them in the ground this season...they deserve it.

Finally, I can't stand the Cowboys. Not because they're cheaters, but b/c of all the years they got shoved down my throat as "America's Team." Guess what, I'm an American, and they ain't my team!

So for me I don't like: Patriots

Saints

Cowboys

I dont like the Patriots, Jets or Chargers. I hated having to face the Chargers in the playoffs; they beat us every time. The Jets mostly because of Rex Ryan. Even though I don't consider the Patriots a rival anymore, I remember when they were in the same division and Indy always struggled against them.

Absolutely HATE!: Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers

Dislike: Texans, Titans, Saints, Packers, Vikings, Jets

Patriots, Texans and Titans for obvious reasons and the Patriots deserve a special place in heck! lol

as for the rest..Steelers are a special hate as well for a few reasons..living by Detroit I fully expected the Colts to come to the Superbowl that year...and you can't imagine the attitude of the Steelers fans around here when wearing my colts gear..it wasn't good natured ribbing..they were just A wholes!...that and I used to be a Browns fan until they moved so the Ravens are lumped in there too..as for the Chargers...well ..after the Patriots I always felt they were our second rival

as for not liking the Packers or Vikings I have family who like both teams...dad's a packers fan and my uncle is a vikings fan who likes to dig about the Colts (as if he has something to talk about) = P ..and the Jets...Ryan...he's a *!

NFL teams that are grossly overrated: Cowboys, Jets, Patriots, Saints, Packers, & Eagles.

NFL Teams I root for: Colts, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Bears, & Chiefs. (I admire strong defensive minded teams or teams that will transform into one eventually.)

NFL Teams That are forgettable Franchises: SeaHawks, Cardinals, Browns, Jaguars, & the Vikings.

NFL Teams On The Rise: 49ers, Lions, Raiders ( provided they cut down on penalties), Panthers, & Broncos.

Yet no one mentioned he Steelers, who knocked out the 05 Colts(best team in the Manning era) out of the playoffs. The dirty steelers also knocked out Captain Comeback out of the playoffs

Yep. Ironically, Harbaugh knocked out the Steelers this past season which probably kept them from a bye week and allowed them to get successfully Tebowed.

I dislike a lot of teams. I dislike the Pats/Chargers especially among many others but I like to joke around about them more then I have pure hate really. For some reason the Jags have always bugged the crap out of me, a lot. Whats to like about them?

But, the Steelers have always creeped me out a bit and even more so thanks to Big Ben. I have an irrational paranoia towards them too at times which often starts nearing the playoffs. I often suspect they will get the calls their way in games and you have to beat them and the refs.

When the Packers played the Steelers last year in the SB I think I started to get way too nervous when Pittsburgh mounted a comeback. I probably got the shakes but don't even remember it.

Losing to Pittsburgh is often a heartbreaking experience and often comes down to a few moments you may prefer to roll in broken glass over then re-watch.

I am hoping Andrew Luck has their number someday since the Colts are heavily due to beat them in the playoffs.

I gotta say the Saints have become my most hated team. They beat us in the SB, they smoked us by 59 points in 2011 and now they've smeared the league with their horrid behavior.

I agree 1000% although it isn't really a rivalry, because I am betting it doesn't go both ways. The Pats are more of a rivalry, along with the Titans,Jax, and the Texans is heating up.

The other thing I despise as a fan is hearing that I am a bad person for not liking the Saints because of Hurricane Katrina blah blah blah. One that has nothing to do with football and two obviously I am a Colts fan. It was a superbowl game and yes I am going to get emotional. Also most of the Saints supporters around here just did it because they don't like the Colts. The Katrina excuse gave them false justification to make themselves think they were better people rather than just bitter Colts haters(alot of them Bears fans upset about the SB loss, I guess we can understand that now). When I cheer against a team I just say I don't like them and don't care what people think, but I don't try to convince people I am a better person for rooting for a certain team.

NFL teams that are grossly overrated: Cowboys, Jets, Patriots, Saints, Packers, & Eagles.

NFL Teams I root for: Colts, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Bears, & Chiefs. (I admire strong defensive minded teams or teams that will transform into one eventually.)

NFL Teams That are forgettable Franchises: SeaHawks, Cardinals, Browns, Jaguars, & the Vikings.

NFL Teams On The Rise: 49ers, Lions, Raiders ( provided they cut down on penalties), Panthers, & Broncos.

Agree with everything you said above except three points

1 Patriots- now I am a colts fan through and through but I do respect the Patriots, How can three championships be overrated? it wasnt just Brady that carried them to those, they had one heck of a defense, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Willie Micginest, I can go on

2. the Cardinals made it to the Superbowl not to many years ago, and in my opinion are one or two pieces from being in contention again.

3. the Packers just won a championship a couple years ago and have been to three SuperBowls in the last I believe 20 years, dont have it on me right now, but they have won 2 rings to show for it

I respect your opinions, just dont understand the 3 points above

In all honesty as much as you say those three were overrated, I can name one team more overrated then all of those and that simply was the Colts,

Why you ask? didnt we have defensive spurts where Peyton wasnt the sole factor in our success? yes but it was rare and quite honestly if we didnt have Manning given what our backup quarterback situation the majority of the last 14 years has been, we would have been in contention for 14 consecutive number 1 draft picks, thats an overrated team for ya, not 3 championships in 5 appearances (patriots), not 2 rings in 3 appearances (Packers) also lets not forget up until just recently the last couple years with the emergence of the Texans the AFC South has been a weak division, frankly with Manning at the helm it would have been a joke if we didnt win the division with the likes of talent the Texans had back then were putting out their, a terrible offensive line (David Carr is lucky to be alive after 76 sacks and countless hits), a terrible defensive line (at the time) and corner play, well frankly resembled the corner play we have been getting for the majority of the last 14 years

now some will undoubtedly say this was just a Colts bashing thread or Im a Colts hater but thats simply not true, I just call it like I saw it

1 Patriots- now I am a colts fan through and through but I do respect the Patriots, How can three championships be overrated? it wasnt just Brady that carried them to those, they had one heck of a defense, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Willie Micginest, I can go on

2. the Cardinals made it to the Superbowl not to many years ago, and in my opinion are one or two pieces from being in contention again.

3. the Packers just won a championship a couple years ago and have been to three SuperBowls in the last I believe 20 years, dont have it on me right now, but they have won 2 rings to show for it

In all honesty as much as you say those three were overrated, I can name one team more overrated then all of those and that simply was the Colts,

Why you ask? didnt we have defensive spurts where Peyton wasnt the sole factor in our success? yes but it was rare and quite honestly if we didnt have Manning given what our backup quarterback situation the majority of the last 14 years has been, we would have been in contention for 14 consecutive number 1 draft picks, thats an overrated team for ya, not 3 championships in 5 appearances (patriots), not 2 rings in 3 appearances (Packers) also lets not forget up until just recently the last couple years with the emergence of the Texans the AFC South has been a weak division, frankly with Manning at the helm it would have been a joke if we didnt win the division with the likes of talent the Texans had back then were putting out their, a terrible offensive line (David Carr is lucky to be alive after 76 sacks and countless hits), a terrible defensive line (at the time) and corner play, well frankly resembled the corner play we have been getting for the majority of the last 14 years

now some will undoubtedly say this was just a Colts bashing thread or Im a Colts hater but thats simply not true, I just call it like I saw it

Because they cheated.

Gavin,

You make some valid points. Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour, & Willie Micginest were all beasts at their respective possessions. I never thought much of Rodney Harrison personally. When Giants wide receiver David Tyree made that circus like catch, I laughed my bleep off.

But Spygate casts a dark cloud & wide reaching shadow on that illustrious dynasty of Championships that simply has lost it's shimmering brightness & glory now. In addition, Roger Goodell's immediate destruction of these tapes makes me wonder what was on those tapes that he didn't want the rest of the NFL to see?

Hmmm... Sunshine & the public light of light of day is the best disinfectant to corruption & breaking all the rules IMO. Was the NFL complicit in this coverup as well? No, I am not venturing into Oliver Stone JFK conspiracy theories here. Why destroy the Spygate tapes? They will either exonerate the Patriots or condemn them once & for all in the realm of public opinion. Why not give that NFL organization a legitimate chance to clear it's name & reputation?

No disrespect intended but the Cardinals are more than just a few pieces away Championship contention. Just like Miami, no athlete wants to see their NFL career wither away & die in the Arizona desert like a ghost town, blowing tumbleweed IMO.

The Packers have age issues on their offensive line, but the acquisition of Center Jeff Saturday & his superb protection calling schemes should help out Aaron Rogers a great deal this upcoming season.

Yes, you are 100% correct. The Colts are not a playoff contender right now, but within 3 years with girth, size, & leverage we will be. Pagano & Co. are excellent teachers of football fundamentals & our injury percentages should drop significantly over time too. I respect your opinions as well Gavin. Thank you.

Because they cheated.

Taping hand signals is a weak argument, ok so they taped hand motions, well they would still have to figure out what those hand motions might have meant even with taping them, while cheating is wrong, they have always had alot of talent and the fact that they were caught cheating still dont account for the fact that you have to make the play and that game film is always recorded

Taping hand signals is a weak argument, ok so they taped hand motions, well they would still have to figure out what those hand motions might have meant even with taping them, while cheating is wrong, they have always had alot of talent and the fact that they were caught cheating still dont account for the fact that you have to make the play and that game film is always recorded

Huh?

They taped the signals, then watched what play was run, then matched the play to the corresponding signal. How is that in any way, shape or form "weak"? Pretty easy to win games when you know exactly what defensive play your opponent is going to run.

And evidently Roger Goodell didn't think it was "weak" either. That's why Belichick was fined 500,000, the largest amount ever imposed on a coach in the history of the NFL, & the team fined $250,000 and docked a first round pick.

Like it or not, those 3 Super Bowls are tainted.

Who does everyone think will be our biggest rivals in the Luck era? I guess the schedule will do alot to dictate that, but I can see the hatred for NE and SD crossing over, but how long will it realistically be before we can expect to beat the Pats? I wonder if we will play Denver in 2013. I can see a young QB rivalry developing between Luck and Dalton or even an NFC QB like Newton or RGIII. It goes without saying that TN, JAX, and HOU will be rivals.

I really hate the idea of hating.

As far as teams, I will likely never get any feeling other than nausea at the Steelers and Jets. They have stabbed my fan heart numerous times in the playoffs and we've never quite returned the favor. I find the image of a terrible towel stuffed in the mouth of the Jet's Fireman to be quasi spiritual and enlightening.

Patriots are obviously the biggest rival, but who knows now. Manning vs. Brady really seemed to fuel the rivalry. Just wasn't the same in 2008 with Matt Cassel or last year with Dan Orlovsky.

And the hatred continues to grow greater for Jacksonville and Houston. Tennessee isn't too bad.

Also, I'm glad no one mentioned the Ravens. I always laughed at people calling 'Colts vs. Ravens' a rivalry. After we won 7 or 8 games straight against them (two in the playoffs), it was just their silly / stupid grudge.

There is the Colts and then there is 31 other teams who I think are bottom of the barrel pond scum. Why do you think that Jaguar tongue is teal/green instead of red? I can't wait for the Colts to start to pound the ball and play smash mouth shoulder poppin seek & destroy Colt football! mostly the teams I can't stand are the teams that have an overload of fans more obnoxious than me. (Packers,Cowboys,Steelers,etc) lol

Patriots are obviously the biggest rival, but who knows now. Manning vs. Brady really seemed to fuel the rivalry. Just wasn't the same in 2008 with Matt Cassel or last year with Dan Orlovsky.

And the hatred continues to grow greater for Jacksonville and Houston. Tennessee isn't too bad.

Also, I'm glad no one mentioned the Ravens. I always laughed at people calling 'Colts vs. Ravens' a rivalry. After we won 7 or 8 games straight against them (two in the playoffs), it was just their silly / stupid grudge.

I disagree no matter how many times we beat them they still hated us, most of the other teams don't pay attention to us and I don't see other teams wanting us to fail like Baltimore does. most of the Patriots rivalvy was started with Peyton vs. Brady/Bellichick and that is now moved to Denver /NE. To hate a team you just can't hate a current coach, QB or star,you have to hate whoever the coach or QB or star is.