Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Civility Anyone?

DILLIGAFER

Enjoyed reading this post. I have not been a member here for long. Did notice when first joined that there were some rude vicious posts back and forth, but have seen less and less of it now. Peyton leaving was a big shock to fans that were used to a lot of stability here for a long long time. I tend to look more at the posts regarding potential players and new ones signed. do check some of the "heated" topics, if it starts getting ugly either skip down past that part or go to another post. I appreciate the different and varying opinions, opens up the mind to other outlooks and possibilities, whether agree or disagree. I for one can't wait for the new season and era to begin.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems you can judge the mood in the room by how often you read the word 'delusional'.

Based on that marker, this past week has been very calm compared to the previous 10 weeks or so.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you're delusional.

:D (Sorry - actually I agree completely.)

we're all delusional.

delusional. delusional. delusional. delusional.

delusional. delusional. delusional. delusional. delusional. delusional.

Are we back out of calm waters yet? Or should I add a couple more for good measure?

Calm is for chumps... :)

If I ask a common person is the table in front of you flat they will say yes.

If I ask a forensic scientist is that table flat he will say no, under the microscope it has peaks and valleys.

If I ask a particle physicist is that table flat he will say it does not exist, its just a bunch of atoms all sharing the same space.

Why point to this is EVERYTHING is a matter of perspective. I just dont see all the rudness.

Your fundamental point is nicely expressed and well taken - we should all keep it in mind.

However, what you are describing is a reason for people to bite their tongue and AVOID being rude, not a justification for doing so. The fact is that many people don't bite their tongue, they bite other posters heads off. If you don't see any rudeness, than either you are very fortunate in what threads you chose to read, or your definition of rudeness is very different than mine. This place has been like Jurassic Park for weeks (though calming down just a little recently).

enhanced-buzz-28991-1289935150-12.jpg

While I love this picture and the sentiment intended (which I share), I also know cats. Moments later the orange guy very likely threw himself into a full bodied face to face assault on his brother, biting as hard as possible on his bare neck while raking his hind legs furiously on the exposed underbelly.

But just like on here, it's all in good fun, no harm intended, they will be the best of friends again come supper time. That doesn't mean that those claws don't hurt like the dickens though.

we're all delusional.

Are we back out of calm waters yet? Or should I add a couple more for good measure?

:lol: thanks for that

We're all grown ups here.

Ummm, no we're not, and that's part of the problem. But it's also one of the things that can make this board delightful. We're probably all talking across generational (and other types of) gaps that we might not normally. I appreciate the diversity - despite the occasional war breaking out. Small price to pay. As you said, it would be pretty dull if we all agreed.

Nope. Jurassic Park is out west in Denver. An old dinosaur is coming back to life.

HEY, this should be in NFL General. You just can't let go of the guy can you? You must be a _____, and a ________, OH and a really big _______________. :D

Actually I'm right there with you. Maybe I'll start a "If Peyton Manning were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would he be." Thread. That will calm things right down. :P

Greetings all from across the pond, I've read these forums for a while without ever signing up but given the portent times in Indy seemed like a good time to get involved.

As a UK NFL fan the whole reason I got into the game was after being talked into watching some late night coverage over here by my 49ers supporting flatmate and I happened to come across a certain Mr Manning and even then you could tell you were watching a guy who was a "bit special." Thus began my life as a Colts fan! Given how good Peyton was and how he was the heart and soul and a franchise it's no surprise how fierce some of the debate has been, at least it shows people care I'd say.

My thoughts are that this situation was always going to occur at some point, certainly when Peyton retired but was sped up by his injury leading to a very bad season and the availability of Luck (and now RG3 you could argue) in the draft. The Colts success over the last few years was based on a unsustainable set up of a few genuine stud players (who were paid like studs), not a great deal of depth, some misses on draftees, and arguably some mediocre talent getting overpaid. Either the Cap room or injuries were going to catch up eventually and here we are, can't change the situation, just work on rebuildng/reloading, a process that will go a heck of a lot better with support from the fans. My main worry is that Luck (or whoever they bring at QB), will be unfairly judged against a Peyton at his prime. There some pretty big shoes to fill, being a NFL rookie is daunting enough prospect let alone without that millstone round your neck.

Greetings all from across the pond, I've read these forums for a while without ever signing up but given the portent times in Indy seemed like a good time to get involved.

Welcome. I've been a fan of Sheffield Wednesday since my sister married a man from the city almost 40 years ago. Of course they've been divorced for nearly 20 years now, but I'm still a fan. :P I doubt, however, that I could make any kind of cogent comment on any aspect of the team. It can't be easy from that side.

Welcome. I've been a fan of Sheffield Wednesday since my sister married a man from the city almost 40 years ago. Of course they've been divorced for nearly 20 years now, but I'm still a fan. :P I doubt, however, that I could make any kind of cogent comment on any aspect of the team. It can't be easy from that side.

I'm impressed that you recognised the Steel City reference! Not to be confused with Pittsburgh even if we do have our own Steelers here. I'm not from Sheffield myself so not a Wednesday or Sheffield United fan (now that's a rivalry!). Both are currently fighting in the 3rd tier of our football leagues for promotion after being relegated from the top division.

Been a Colt fan for 43 years. I saw Unitas traded to the Chargers, Bert Jones jettisoned to the Rams and Peyton changing horses. I'll always wish those guys well, but am a Colt fan for life. The one irrefutable fact in anything that happens on the football field is:

Win or Lose or draw I still have to get up in the morning and support my family.

I also hope this storm will blow over soon. I used to love coming to this board for news, but now I have to weed through the arguments, the Peyton slamming, and the Luck insults. It will take time to heal for the Manning fans, so a certain amount of frustration is bound to be vented on this forum. Let's just remember that we are all Colts fans, and that we are supposed to be on the same side, even if we do a little fighting amongst ourselves.

Go Colts!!!

I'm impressed that you recognised the Steel City reference! Not to be confused with Pittsburgh even if we do have our own Steelers here. I'm not from Sheffield myself so not a Wednesday or Sheffield United fan (now that's a rivalry!). Both are currently fighting in the 3rd tier of our football leagues for promotion after being relegated from the top division.

Well, I know a "little" bit about the place after all this time. We had family there after all. I had a brother in law who was a rabid fan who used to send me things when I was a kid. He is no longer with us sadly, and I have no contact with the others.

I had no idea that Sheffield had a "Steelers" team. Makes sense. Lower level soccer team? Who do you root for?

I'm aware of how low both teams have sunk - I check the standings and read the occasional article on BBC. Those comments are usually disappointingly brief and uninformative though. I have little grasp of anything meaningful about them. If you have a recommendation for a better source that would be appreciated actually (not that you follow them yourself, but at least you understand how the media works over there). I've searched for local newspapers, the team site, and fan sites, and I still have a hard time with it. Maybe it's just that they've been so bad that I haven't tried hard enough. My interest is peaking now frankly because it looks like they may actually crawl up a division, and their new ownership and management is committed to restoring some dignity. But he sad fact is that the only player in their history whose name I've ever been able to remember is John Harkes, and that's obviously only because he is one of the most significant Americans to ever play the game. I guess that I'm just a lousy fan :) which makes me appreciate someone who has been able to make the transition in the other direction. If you don't grow up with a sport it's hard to even speak the language. I know next to NOTHING of the nuances of soccer.

:hijack: Sorry dear readers.

First this...

I think jim is willing to put the entire franchise at risk of sinking cause of his man crush on andrew luck. Future.. argue what you want. the guy out right lied. so, sure go trust a guy that just put the colts in one of the worst positions I have ever seen this franchise in. dump off over 3/4 of your vets.. ya.. good move there jim. and before all of you start harassing and calling me names, remember this.. just beacause i dont agree with you, doesnt make you anymore right. any post that kisses jims butt is a good post to you. just as the luck lovers are all gushy over anti manning threads. psh. ridiculous.

Then this...

Civility anyone?

Edit

Edited by Coltssouth
Not appropriate

While I love this picture and the sentiment intended (which I share), I also know cats. Moments later the orange guy very likely threw himself into a full bodied face to face assault on his brother, biting as hard as possible on his bare neck while raking his hind legs furiously on the exposed underbelly.

But just like on here, it's all in good fun, no harm intended, they will be the best of friends again come supper time. That doesn't mean that those claws don't hurt like the dickens though.

Maybe there should be a convention. Some of that sounds fun about now.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you're delusional.

:D (Sorry - actually I agree completely.)

we're all delusional.

Great, OSHA just notified us that we have to start all over again.

First this...

Then this...

Edit

I'm not a doctor, but I brought this to his attention last night.

His first comment inspired the creation of this thread.

He's feeling much better. :)

Got caught up like many of us.

Edited by Coltssouth
Inappropriate

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, March 22, 2012 - quoted above post
Hidden by Coltssouth, March 22, 2012 - quoted above post

Yeah, that's what Bi-Polar folks do.

Yeah, but the cure is worse than the disease.

To the bystander, the cure is better, but to the subject not so much.

Yeah, yeah, I know, takes one to.....

I've just known a few, all or whom have difficulty with the cure.

Manning's the Man: This is no longer about you, nor a judgement of you.

Everyone else: There's nothing to see here. Please move along.

I just high-jacked the thread. You'll now be returned to the regularly scheduled conversation.

Sorry.

Great, OSHA just notified us that we have to start all over again.

:lol:

Probably should anyway, with the new QB. Put a big sign outside the stadium: It's been ____ number of days since our quarterback had neck surgery. Hopefully that number grows exponentially.

:lol:

Probably should anyway, with the new QB. Put a big sign outside the stadium: It's been ____ number of days since our quarterback had neck surgery. Hopefully that number grows exponentially.

Would it be rude to post that under Manning's banner, or should we put a banner up for Linkenbach, and place it there?

Maybe there should be a convention. Some of that sounds fun about now.

:D Everyone should be handed head protection and a big foam bat when they walk in the gate.

Put a few barrels of beer and some picnic tables in the middle, and it's all good.

Would it be rude to post that under Manning's banner, or should we put a banner up for Linkenbach, and place it there?

Not rude at all, just sad and ironic.

Linkenbach should just retire. No banner, but maybe a parade or two. This might be a good spot for him:

stock-photo-luckenbach-texas-post-office-sign-13911673.jpg

Hey MAC, sure I see some rudeness, but I just take that as part of life. You cant please everybody and there will always be somone that does not like you just because of their perspective. I probaby have people that dont like me just because of my avatar.

I guess maybe its thicker skin, but I just assume that we are not all friends and people fight. I dont have a problem with that, its just words, nobody is sticking a gun to my head.

No doubt about it Cats are evil :)

Did you know one of our mods is a Pats fan?

It's true, and he's a cool dude with all the regulars here.

Did you know one of our mods is a Pats fan?

It's true, and he's a cool dude with all the regulars here.

That I didn't know I think that should be the one thing that keeps you from being a mod haha but I hate everything NE so I guess I can't see it, not happy about but I can tolerate it haha

Lol. Don't ya see the Uggs? It's all in jest because it's Tom Brady, wearing :drama: girl boots. He's the spokesperson for Men's Uggs.

But honestly my hate for the Pats has subsided considerably over the last couple years. During their '07 run it peaked, but now it's just a mutual respect. My hate is reserved purely for the New Orleans Bounty Hunters.

Lol. Don't ya see the Uggs? It's all in jest because it's Tom Brady, wearing :drama: girl boots. He's the spokesperson for Men's Uggs.

But honestly my hate for the Pats has subsided considerably over the last couple years. During their '07 run it peaked, but now it's just a mutual respect. My hate is reserved purely for the New Orleans Bounty Hunters.

My deepest apologies I didn't see the ugg 's haha now your avatar is AWESOME haha

My deepest apologies I didn't see the ugg 's haha now your avatar is AWESOME haha

lmao Ha ha, now this makes me want to go buy some ugg's and use some person's Brady jersey just for a picture! Then I can say oh look, I'm Tom Brady! Lol,....I think I could pull the look off, just be a girl in a jersey, he he he! I just love to hate the Patriots!

lmao Ha ha, now this makes me want to go buy some ugg's and use some person's Brady jersey just for a picture! Then I can say oh look, I'm Tom Brady! Lol,....I think I could pull the look off, just be a girl in a jersey, he he he! I just love to hate the Patriots!

If you youtube Brady dancing, then you could add some moves to your Halloween costume and you are all set.

If you youtube Brady dancing, then you could add some moves to your Halloween costume and you are all set.

Ha! That cracked me up!! I think that is a fantastic idea!! I will definitely win at a party for best costume, best character, worst dancer.....something??? HA ha!

I think we can all agree that this was going to happen sooner or later (Peyton departing)... its just that it happened sooner than most expected and was anti-climatic. But, we can all agree on one thing... It was CHRIS POLIAN'S FAULT!!!! That dummy is the result of so many missed drafts that cause such a monumental collapse in the past 3 years. You can't blame Peyton for wanting to go elsewhere.