Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Civility Anyone?

DILLIGAFER

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was most likely a cat that had been abused by horrible people. Dogs hurt and kill people all the time, does that make them evil too?

If you must know it was our family pet cat whose favorite game was to wrap herself around my mom's hand dig in with all her claws and teeth and not let go. Those horrible people you reffered to would be my family (namely my parents) who didn't have the cat declawed because they thought it would mean to do to the cat and my mom who did things like let the cat share her bed because she didn't the cat should have to sleep on the hard floor. So you might want to try again with the horriable and abusive part of that.

As for dogs I am a dog person and have owned dogs my whole life and have never once had my dogs hurt anyone. I can't speak for others who have.

Now clearly this was started by someone who was just trying to have a little fun maybe we should let it get back to that rather than trying to take everything super serious?

If you must know it was our family pet cat whose favorite game was to wrap herself around my mom's hand dig in with all her claws and teeth and not let go. Those horrible people you reffered to would be my family (namely my parents) who didn't have the cat declawed because they thought it would mean to do to the cat and my mom who did things like let the cat share her bed because she didn't the cat should have to sleep on the hard floor. So you might want to try again with the horriable and abusive part of that.

As for dogs I am a dog person and have owned dogs my whole life and have never once had my dogs hurt anyone. I can't speak for others who have.

Now clearly this was started by someone who was just trying to have a little fun maybe we should let it get back to that rather than trying to take everything super serious?

Agreed. Some cats suck because they suck. I'm a dog guy too and from what I've noticed, dogs are rarely inherently mean.

I heard a great saying about cats and dogs once;

When you pet your dog and give it a treat, it thinks "He must be god". When you pet your cat and give it a treat, it thinks "I must be god".

lol,i feel sorry for Curtis,i hope he got his college degree he's gonna need it

Often a player only gets one opportunity in the NFL. Painter had an EXTRAORDINARY opportunity to shine and make a name for himself, as well as make himself very rich. My god he blew it so bad I doubt anyone will hire him in this league. Nice guy but he ain't got it and I doubt he'll ever get another shot.

Agreed. Some cats suck because they suck. I'm a dog guy too and from what I've noticed, dogs are rarely inherently mean.

When you pet your dog and give it a treat, it thinks "He must be god". When you pet your cat and give it a treat, it thinks "I must be god".

The late great George Carlin.

That's an old hillbilly joke right there. I'm a dog lover actually. They just love me for some reason. I swear, Gramz, I've never kicked a dog or a cat.

I knew you were joking..... just giving you a bit of a hard time :dancing:

Funny story about a mean neighborhood dog when I was a kid. When I was about 9 years old my neighbor across the street had a retired police dog (Shepard) that they kept in their backyard behind a 6 foot chain fence. I had just bought a tube of fake "vampire" blood with my allowance and thought it'd be funny to smear it all over my face and arms and wait for my friend to come around the corner. I was gonna jump out and scare him.

Well I lean against this fence and sit in wait for my victim and this dang sneaky mean dog creeps up and takes a nip at my thumb. He punctured my skin but it was nothing really serious. Being a 9 year old, I completely overreacted and started screaming, ran across the street and busted through my front door. I'm screaming my lungs out, hollering some nonsense about being bitten by a dog with this fake blood smeared all over my face and arms, I mean ALL OVER ME.

lol....she flips out, grabs the phone and makes this panicked call to 911 telling them her son was just horribly mauled by a dog. It's like I forgot about the fake blood or something. The ambulance, police and animal control show up, I mean bunches of them. Oh my, you should've seen the look on moms face when she realized what was up. She started wiping the "blood" from my face and even though it's been 30 years, I still remember the way her facial expression went from worry to "what the 'heck' is this all about"......

Funny story about a mean neighborhood dog when I was a kid. When I was about 9 years old my neighbor across the street had a retired police dog (Shepard) that they kept in their backyard behind a 6 foot chain fence. I had just bought a tube of fake "vampire" blood with my allowance and thought it'd be funny to smear it all over my face and arms and wait for my friend to come around the corner. I was gonna jump out and scare him.

Well I lean against this fence and sit in wait for my victim and this dang sneaky mean dog creeps up and takes a nip at my thumb. He punctured my skin but it was nothing really serious. Being a 9 year old, I completely overreacted and started screaming, ran across the street and busted through my front door. I'm screaming my lungs out, hollering some nonsense about being bitten by a dog with this fake blood smeared all over my face and arms, I mean ALL OVER ME.

lol....she flips out, grabs the phone and makes this panicked call to 911 telling them her son was just horribly mauled by a dog. It's like I forgot about the fake blood or something. The ambulance, police and animal control show up, I mean bunches of them. Oh my, you should've seen the look on moms face when she realized what was up. She started wiping the "blood" from my face and even though it's been 30 years, I still remember the way her facial expression went from worry to "what the 'heck' is this all about"......

you were a "handfull" I can tell

Ha! Similar story....a few years ago I dropped a glass bottle and it smashed all over the kitchen floor. I was standing bare footed with all this glass around me, when I heard my good wife come home with some shopping. Quick as a flash I grabbed a bottle of tomato ketchup from the nearby cupboard and squirted a good helping all over my foot, and stood faking pain as she walking in. She dropped her shopping and edged towards me all caring and panicking. When I smiled and ran my finger over my foot and licked the ketchup off with a smug grin, she nearly knocked my head off! I had a bit of a mess to clear up, but me and my 14 year old lad hi fived our way through the laughter.

As expected, no hanky panky that night!

No cats are evil my mother had the scares to prove it.

Agreed, but I think that not because they love to climb with their claws, but because I am horribly allergic to them. Also, they are just pretty freaking boring to have as a pet.

Give me a german shepard any day of the week. Can protect the house, is obedient, and play and rough house all day long.

Dogs > Cats

Cake > Pie

Peyton > The Man in the Skirt and Uggs

Oh yeah. I just turned this thread into Manning versus Brady.

Are you crazy? Cake over pie? Maybe Red Velvet cake or if you count cheese cake you have a leg to stand on.

Yup, I was just having fun. While some dogs and cats clearly don't remember what they were taught in kindergarten, I would never resent an individual animal for it's actions - much less condemn the entire species. Now PEOPLE on the other hand.... :P

I even loved the ginormous aging Golden Retriever who I adopted after finding him standing in the middle of the road one day - despite the fact that on three different occasions within the first month of his arrival he tried to kill my Beagle, and then turned on me when I stepped in. The Beagle got off with one late night run to the 24 hr vet and minor ear damage. Me? By the end of the month I found myself trying to drive and work with soft braces on both wrists/hands, a puncture wound for which I still have a scar, a dozen minor wounds, compression damage that made it hard to use either hand, and nerve damage to a finger (it took months before I could feel with it again). Sweetest dog in the world, he just shifted to alligator mode in response to certain triggers. I didn't get mad at the dog (well, maybe a little), I just eliminated the triggers.

I also loved the wary cat who once - while I was driving her to the vet - seemed to get a bit distressed in the carrier. I reached over to the passenger seat and stuck my finger in the cage to reassure her. She of course bit me as hard as she could and wouldn't let go. I literally screamed like a school girl for several seconds, while driving with one hand and keeping my eyes on the road. Another E/R visit (after the vet visit). The cat was perfectly content with the outcome. My fault - this was a nervous and ill cat who I normally couldn't even pick up, and she wasn't enjoying the car ride. Pretty stupid on my part.

There have been many other events. At least I always know that my tetanus shots are always up to date.

I know that a lot of people prefer dogs - they're easier to love because centuries of breeding have removed their desire to rip your throat out and eat you. They're very child like, and they are programed to live in packs. Just squint a little bit and they are like furry kids who don't need a babysitter. Probably more loyal and less needy too. I get the attractions, and have had dogs my whole life. Cats are a LOT closer to a natural "what do I need to do to survive" state, and programed to live mostly alone. That makes them more challenging, but perhaps more satisfying. When I adopt a stray cat I feel like I'm ASKING it to share my home, and it does so with certain terms and conditions that need to be respected. Sure, they're more self-centered and independent, but I've had many who were very "dog like" in their devotion. They're all different. When you break through all the fear and a cat learns to trust you and accepts you as a friend, it is just as satisfying as with a dog. I love all animals.

Now the fishes, turtles, chameleons, rabbits, hamsters, guinee pigs, hermit crabs and who knows what else we've had don't provide nearly as full-filling a relationship, but that's a whole different thread to derail.

Agreed, but I think that not because they love to climb with their claws, but because I am horribly allergic to them. Also, they are just pretty freaking boring to have as a pet.

Are you crazy? Cake over pie? Maybe Red Velvet cake or if you count cheese cake you have a leg to stand on.

Boring? I would think that living in fear of dying at any moment from an asthma attack would be quite exiting actually. :)

That reminds me of when my parents sold their house and retired. The buyer had a kid with allergies, and I remember her nervously asking about "which was the cat room", as if her son would spontaneously burst into flames if he crossed over the wrong threshold. I just nodded and smiled a lot. It was a large house, and we'd never had more than three at once, but they'd had the run of the place. They were family members, not toys that we kept in the closet in case someone felt the urge to pet something. I didn't even mention my 90 pound black Lab. I'm sure that her hair is STILL floating around in there somewhere. I'd like to think so anyway.

I'm sorry WFS, but not so much for your discomfort as for what you miss out on.

You HAD to mention Red Velvet Cake. Now I have to go to the store, thanks.

Boring? I would think that living in fear of dying at any moment from an asthma attack would be quite exiting actually. :)

That reminds me of when my parents sold their house and retired. The buyer had a kid with allergies, and I remember her nervously asking about "which was the cat room", as if her son would spontaneously burst into flames if he crossed over the wrong threshold. I just nodded and smiled a lot. It was a large house, and we'd never had more than three at once, but they'd had the run of the place. They were family members, not toys that we kept in the closet in case someone felt the urge to pet something. I didn't even mention my 90 pound black Lab. I'm sure that her hair is STILL floating around in there somewhere. I'd like to think so anyway.

Me too...... :sigh:

The constant threat of dying to an allergic reaction is not as fun as it sounds, surprisingly. there is not much fun to breathing or being around a cat and having your eyes water, sneezing, and having your nose turn into a fountain. You will never know the true horror of having a cat pur while it rubes up against you and all you are thinking is do not touch the evil thing no matter how cute it is!

The overreaction of people to some allergies like cats is funny. Your story just makes me laugh. I just take some allergy medicine and I am fine. Not once did I ask our person who was showing the house we bought if they had a cat.

The funny thing is when it comes to dogs I am completely fine.