Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Civility Anyone?

DILLIGAFER

Is this what this has all come to. a divided fan base? one wants to bash manning and anyone who likes the guy, the other wants to bash a guy not even a colt yet?

This has gotten so out of hand I cannot believe the mods arent putting a stop to it. Every time I turn around its another fan on fan fight. Making rude and ignorant comments. Just makes me sick. Why cant everyone stop and just agree to disagree and get over it. Why must there always be a sarcastic remark or rude comment towards either Peyton, another fan, ect?

God its like you guys could care less. I did spend some time over on the Broncos board. they are dealing with Tebow fans being mad.. but geeze. We are comparing apples to oranges here. Some fans complain they just want to move on.. well crap folks. The guy was the face of a franchise for over 14 years. dont you think this will take some time to get out of everyones systems?

Making fun of peoples screen names, ect. Are we all children or adults here. Its insulting to the mind and body to read all the constant baiting and bantering. So, dont read it is the reaction i get. sure, but why should i and others have to leave and not be a part of this forum just so you can be rude and bitter?

It seriously hurts to see all this. Have many of you not noticed that the boards are getting thinner and thinner. People are afraid to post anything in worry of retailation and bantering from other more agressive posters. And that should not be tolerated, but is and I cannot understand why. One poster gets kicked out and the other just continues on the same road..??

Im just shocked by all this. Get thicker skin, shouldnt have to. Ignore, again, shouldnt have to. But to treat eachother the way all of you have been is revolting. good grief.

I am for one beyond sick of it all, and like to check on the latest colts news here, but in the middle of doing only that, read the ranting and fighting in the process. Makes people not want to come on here. I have noticed a significant drop in the people on here. they left, dont post. I dont blame them neither do i.

Can we all just be civil about all this? please..

Edited by Maureen
baiting moderation

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ask a common person is the table in front of you flat they will say yes.

If I ask a forensic scientist is that table flat he will say no, under the microscope it has peaks and valleys.

If I ask a particle physicist is that table flat he will say it does not exist, its just a bunch of atoms all sharing the same space.

Why point to this is EVERYTHING is a matter of perspective. I just dont see all the rudness.

Is this what this has all come to. a divided fan base? one wants to bash manning and anyone who likes the guy, the other wants to bash a guy not even a colt yet?

This has gotten so out of hand I cannot believe the mods arent putting a stop to it. Every time I turn around its another fan on fan fight. Making rude and ignorant comments. Just makes me sick. Why cant everyone stop and just agree to disagree and get over it. Why must there always be a sarcastic remark or rude comment towards either Peyton, another fan, ect?

God its like you guys could care less. I did spend some time over on the Broncos board. they are dealing with Tebow fans being mad.. but geeze. We are comparing apples to oranges here. Some fans complain they just want to move on.. well crap folks. The guy was the face of a franchise for over 14 years. dont you think this will take some time to get out of everyones systems?

Making fun of peoples screen names, ect. Are we all children or adults here. Its insulting to the mind and body to read all the constant baiting and bantering. So, dont read it is the reaction i get. sure, but why should i and others have to leave and not be a part of this forum just so you can be rude and bitter?

It seriously hurts to see all this. Have many of you not noticed that the boards are getting thinner and thinner. People are afraid to post anything in worry of retailation and bantering from other more agressive posters. And that should not be tolerated, but is and I cannot understand why. One poster gets kicked out and the other just continues on the same road..??

Im just shocked by all this. Get thicker skin, shouldnt have to. Ignore, again, shouldnt have to. But to treat eachother the way all of you have been is revolting. good grief.

Mods, am I missing something here? if so, clarify it for me. It has been looking like rules apply to one but not another. and dont say they apply to all because i and others can point out that is not the case. Why should posters be allowed to banter other forum members? say they dont, sure.. they do. Report them.. ok. did, still nothing.

I am for one beyond sick of it all, and like to check on the latest colts news here, but in the middle of doing only that, read the ranting and fighting in the process. Makes people not want to come on here. I have noticed a significant drop in the people on here. they left, dont post. I dont blame them neither do i.

WOW! I haven't seen it on here. I have seen it on other Colts message boards but not here. But again since the weather is nice. I am outside more so I really haven't been reading a lot of posts lately, I always try to catch up in the evenings.. Now when Manning was cut loose, I saw some emotions, were high which was understood. But it all quieted down a bit. But I don't think the posters on here was bashing each other. Of course I could be wrong.

I think it is important for everyone to try and get along as civil adults. I have not been perfect on here, people have pushed my buttons, but I do not believe I have really said anything that has really bothered anyone. If I feel someone is picking on me I will stand up for myself, but try to in a respectful manner, without name calling and all those ridiculous things.

I am all for friendly banter and try to make light of subjects when they start getting tense. I guess people are moody with everything that has happened, Colts fans are not used to all this change, I try to remember that everyone deals with things in there own way, Some still have some raw emotions about everything, Its ok, we are all different. i think people are commenting on things with raw emotion and not really thinking before they post.

If you see something that breaks the rules, you can report it and the mods will take a look at it. We don't have an infinite number of mods, so we can't look at every single post in every single thread. If you report something and nothing is done about it, chances are the mods didn't find a problem with it. You can also use the ignore function if you don't get along with another member.

There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions and in fact, I think it should be encouraged for people with differing opinions to discuss things because that is how we get a good discussion. If everyone agrees on the same topic, it doesn't leave room for much discussion. I have had differing opinions from many other members on here and it has led me to great discussions where I have learned a lot. I think we are civil enough to be able to have a discussion without turning to childish name-calling. Again, I encourage you to have discussions and voice your opinion, however, make sure you back up your opinion with solid evidence. Don't say "Andrew Luck sucks" and leave it at that; instead you could say something like "Andrew Luck's accuracy and arm strength isn't as good as _______. Look at the film from his game against ____".

I think it is important for everyone to try and get along as civil adults. I have not been perfect on here, people have pushed my buttons, but I do not believe I have really said anything that has really bothered anyone. If I feel someone is picking on me I will stand up for myself, but try to in a respectful manner, without name calling and all those ridiculous things.

I am all for friendly banter and try to make light of subjects when they start getting tense. I guess people are moody with everything that has happened, Colts fans are not used to all this change, I try to remember that everyone deals with things in there own way, Some still have some raw emotions about everything, Its ok, we are all different. i think people are commenting on things with raw emotion and not really thinking before they post.

Great Post!!! Sometimes we all type before we think. I know I have been one of them. But we all need to think before we type! I think everything happened so fast in so little time. It was just like a whirlwind. The Polians and Caldwell no shock. But then there was the Manning talk would they or won't they? Then he got released then the house was coming down. All of the well known players the fans favorites were getting their pink slips. Everything was happening so fast. Now as everything is calming down, calmer heads appear. I don;t think it was as bad here, as it got on other Colts msg boards.

Great Post!!! Sometimes we all type before we think. I know I have been one of them. But we all need to think before we type! I think everything happened so fast in so little time. It was just like a whirlwind. The Polians and Caldwell no shock. But then there was the Manning talk would they or won't they? Then he got released then the house was coming down. All of the well known players the fans favorites were getting their pink slips. Everything was happening so fast. Now as everything is calming down, calmer heads appear. I don;t think it was as bad here as it got on other Colts msg boards.

Thank you. I can't say that I have never typed without thinking. I think most people have there moments, we are all human. I try to remember that. i have not really seen anything that was that bad. A couple times I have seen things that were not so nice but ended up edited or removed. I think the mod team does a great job and deserves some compliments. I have seen other sites that are not good. This one is great in my opinion.

I have noticed a decrease in the variety of people posting on here. Seems like its me along with about 40 other people that are the only ones posting anything anymore

Part of that is due to the fact that it's the off-season I am sure. People tend to post less on message boards during the off-season.

I for one am excited about next season. The last two seasons were such a grind... I'm just worn out with trying to justify the old "schemes", and watching the innovative excitement in the NFL pass us by here in Indy. Lets get behind our new guys, celebrate the old ones who are still around, and honor all the greats that transformed the City of Indianapolis into an epicenter for pro football. Time to turn the page, and start having fun with the Colts again!

I think there is a lot of uncertainty around this organization right now and some people just want to vent their frustrations because of the mass overhaul of players, and I think that some people just don't know to handle the fact that a lot of key people are gone. It is all about patience, hopefully once the season starts, we will have more certainty of what this team will be like. And then people won't be as harsh, to each other.

Once team activities start we should see more informative, meaningful posts. Right now all fans have to talk about is Peyton's release.

I hope for Andrew Luck's sake, he looks good in preseason games moving the ball down the field & that is he able to win an early regular season game. If he struggles, friction will grow among the diehard Colts fans who vehemently opposed releasing Peyton from INDY. This INDY fan base has grown accustom to winning now & a slow start by Luck won't make people forgive or forget what we gave up in #18. The fact that we don't have a QB backup might actually help Luck here. Plus, fans still recall how awful Curtis Painter was too. Man, I hope Luck executes well right out of the gate in preseason & the regular season. If fans can see flashes of brilliance, they will be fine molding Luck's NFL development...If not, it could get very ugly, very quickly.

I hope for Andrew Luck's sake, he looks good in preseason games moving the ball down the field & that is he able to win an early regular season game. If he struggles, friction will grow among the diehard Colts fans who vehemently opposed releasing Peyton from INDY. This INDY fan base has grown accustom to winning now & a slow start by Luck won't make people forgive or forget what we gave up in #18. The fact that we don't have a QB backup might actually help Luck here. Plus, fans still recall how awful Curtis Painter was too. Man, I hope Luck executes well right out of the gate in preseason & the regular season. If fans can see flashes of brilliance, they will be fine molding Luck's NFL development...If not, it could get very ugly, very quickly.

I can't believe preseason may have real meaning to us again this year lol. I am actually pretty darn excited for those meaningless games now. ;)

Mods, am I missing something here? if so, clarify it for me. It has been looking like rules apply to one but not another. and dont say they apply to all because i and others can point out that is not the case. Why should posters be allowed to banter other forum members? say they dont, sure.. they do. Report them.. ok. did, still nothing.

The attitudes were one of the reasons I didn't post here for months after I registered and was basically forced to get used to it when the two fans boards I posted to were closed down.

I'm not innocent of what you talked about, I have bad days too but some on here seem to thrive on slams and negative comments that really don't make this a welcoming place.

I'm all for getting along, the last board I was at felt almost like family, I never once saw a slam or criticism of another poster. Maybe I just didn't look for the bad stuff but I enjoyed posting there because there was never the fear of reprisal...or the necessity of mods intervening.

I'm gonna stick around and though I've probably ruffled some feathers here I'm gonna try to get along.

I wish everyone "who is a Colt fan" would sit back and take a long hard look at how this all went down.

Manning being released is a cumulative result of several things.

Draft status...

Salary Cap

QB's AGE / Health.... (4 procedures.. in )

QB's contract

Opportunity....

Be loyal or take advantage of the cards that are dealt you?

The perfect storm hit Indy this year....

Part of that is due to the fact that it's the off-season I am sure. People tend to post less on message boards during the off-season.

The way I feel.... I am a Colt FAN......

Manning leaving sucks.... BUT. I have seen M Faulk, A Rison, and on and on leave this majestic franchise.

Thus the reason I buy... "personalized" jerseys and don't wear another man's name on my back...

Go Colts.

Man I think it's really getting better now. I was upset about losing Big P, but now that he's found a home I'm at peace with it. I am now a fan of both the Colts and Broncos. I gotta say, it's fun being a fan of two teams.

It's mellowed out a little bit this week.

Man I think it's really getting better now. I was upset about losing Big P, but now that he's found a home I'm at peace with it. I am now a fan of both the Colts and Broncos. I gotta say, it's fun being a fan of two teams.

A Tom brady avatar is just shameful have you forgotten the team we all still hate

A Tom brady avatar is just shameful have you forgotten the team we all still hate

Lol. Don't ya see the Uggs? It's all in jest because it's Tom Brady, wearing :drama: girl boots. He's the spokesperson for Men's Uggs.

But honestly my hate for the Pats has subsided considerably over the last couple years. During their '07 run it peaked, but now it's just a mutual respect. My hate is reserved purely for the New Orleans Bounty Hunters.

Well said, although you might consider practicing what you preach. Just a thought.

snapback.pngMannings the man, on 22 March 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I think jim is willing to put the entire franchise at risk of sinking cause of his man crush on andrew luck. Future.. argue what you want. the guy out right lied. so, sure go trust a guy that just put the colts in one of the worst positions I have ever seen this franchise in. dump off over 3/4 of your vets.. ya.. good move there jim.

and before all of you start harassing and calling me names, remember this.. just beacause i dont agree with you, doesnt make you anymore right.

any post that kisses jims butt is a good post to you. just as the luck lovers are all gushy over anti manning threads. psh. ridiculous.

Actually traffic is up substantially as well as the number of people posting

Everybody loves an argument

I just noticed the UGGS! Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Kind and respect others views.. it wouldn't be any fun if we all thought the same, there is never any cause to be a bully

Well said, although you might consider practicing what you preach. Just a thought.

snapback.pngMannings the man, on 22 March 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I think jim is willing to put the entire franchise at risk of sinking cause of his man crush on andrew luck. Future.. argue what you want. the guy out right lied. so, sure go trust a guy that just put the colts in one of the worst positions I have ever seen this franchise in. dump off over 3/4 of your vets.. ya.. good move there jim.

and before all of you start harassing and calling me names, remember this.. just beacause i dont agree with you, doesnt make you anymore right.

any post that kisses jims butt is a good post to you. just as the luck lovers are all gushy over anti manning threads. psh. ridiculous.

Touché

Lol. Don't ya see the Uggs? It's all in jest because it's Tom Brady, wearing :drama: girl boots. He's the spokesperson for Men's Uggs.

But honestly my hate for the Pats has subsided considerably over the last couple years. During their '07 run it peaked, but now it's just a mutual respect. My hate is reserved purely for the New Orleans Bounty Hunters.

That is like the fifth time I have had to see you justify your avatar...LOL rotflmao ...a talked about avatar is an effective avatar. The first time I saw it, I saw the girly boots and just thought, man that is fantastic... :td:

But, I have to disagree. My hatred for New England has not subsided.

I think at times people can be to sensitive on here and cannot handle sarcasm or a different opinion. At times I think people just want this to be a rah rah place for the Colts.

If you are upset at how people act on this message board I suggest you never go to any other message board on the internet. This is one of the most tame and nice boards I have ever seen.

There has been some name calling, but it is really not bad at all and it has been a pretty fun board. I would hate to see the mods crackdown on anything.

http://youtu.be/mmfPZgTEK3o

:lol: .... just kidding.... you raise a lot of good points and all of us, or at least most of us have tossed our share or grenades or have over reacted to differing opinions.

That's what generally happens in sports discussions and hopefully any disagreements end on some sort of mutual understanding or the good 'ol "agree to disagree" conclusion.