Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman Evans Comparison

CR91

18 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Evans: 35-1/8" arms and a wingspan of 6-4 3/4, hands 9.63"

Pittman Jr: 32-1/2" arms and a wingspan of over 6-7, hands 9.25"

so the only comparison is that they're big WRs but Evans is still just a overall BIGGER human. if Pittman can gain those 10lbs w out sacrificing speed, we'll talk

44 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Evans: 35-1/8" arms and a wingspan of 6-4 3/4, hands 9.63"

Pittman Jr: 32-1/2" arms and a wingspan of over 6-7, hands 9.25"

This is confusing.  Isn't wingspan measured by stretching out the arms at 90 degrees (like Jesus on the cross) then measuring finger tip to finger tip?

If Evan's arms are each 3 inches longer, (6 inches in total) but Pittman has the bigger wingspan by nearly 2 inches, does that mean that Pittman's chest and shoulders are 8 inches wider than Pittman's (8-6 =2)?  Hardly possible.

Sure you don't have the arm length reversed?

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This is confusing.  Isn't wingspan measured by stretching out the arms at 90 degrees (like Jesus on the cross) then measuring finger tip to finger tip?

If Evan's arms are each 3 inches longer, (6 inches in total) but Pittman has the bigger wingspan by nearly 2 inches, does that mean that Pittman's chest and shoulders are 8 inches wider than Pittman's (8-6 =2)?  Hardly possible.

Sure you don't have the arm length reversed?

Sources:

Michael Pittman Jr.

"He stands 6-4 and 223 pounds with 32-1/2" arms and a wingspan of over 6-7"

Mike Evans

Height:76.75 inches

Weight:231 pounds

BMI:28.23

Arm Length:35.13 inches

Hand Size:9.63 inches

Wingspan:82.250 inches

Thanks! Not sure how, but I goofed up Evans' wingspan. It's 6-10 1/4.

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

Sources:

Michael Pittman Jr.

"He stands 6-4 and 223 pounds with 32-1/2" arms and a wingspan of over 6-7"

Mike Evans

Height:76.75 inches

Weight:231 pounds

BMI:28.23

Arm Length:35.13 inches

Hand Size:9.63 inches

Wingspan:82.250 inches

Thanks! Not sure how, but I goofed up Evans' wingspan. It's 6-10 1/4.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing as the Doug. I was thinking man, that dude must be a very wide guy whereas Evans must be a very thin thorax with long arms lol. Glad you got that corrected lol. Thanks for posting it btw 

15 minutes ago, twfish said:

I just hope we finally drafted a good WR, we haven't had one drafted that has even gotten close to worth the draft pick since T.Y and there has been a lot of WR taken since him...

TY Hilton, 3rd round 2012

WRs drafted after TY:

LaVon Brazill, 6th round 2012 - cut by Colts in 2014 (2nd drug test failure), out of NFL 2014

Donte Moncrief, 3rd round 2014 - played 8 games 2019 (PIT/CAR), currently free agent

Phillip Dorsett, 1st round 2015 - NE last year, signed 1-year deal with Seattle for 2020

Daurice Fountain, 5th round 2018 - current Colt, was on PS then injured

Deon Cain, 6th round 2018 - currently a Steeler, they signed him off our PS in Nov 2019

Parris Campbell, 2nd round 2019 - multiple injuries last year, but looked promising

Pittman, 2nd round 2020 - would have been a 1st round pick any other year

Patmon, 6th round 2020 - remains to be seen

With 8 drafted WR in 8 years, not sure I'd say "a lot" but I agree none have shown much so far for the Colts. It's too early to tell for half of them (Fountain - injured, Campbell - injuries, the two rookies who haven't played yet). My fingers are crossed on all 4 of them!

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

I get it...but this comp leaves out a few key components:

Arm length - Evans is an inch taller and 3" longer arms than Pittman.

Age - Evans was nearly 3 years younger than Pittman

College production - Evans had two years of top tier production (his only two years in college) to Pittman's one

Not to say that Pittman can't be as great...but an Evans comp is really lofty...Evans was just a different prospect than most.

I will say this...Evans is a WR that I think Ballard would use a lottery pick on.

3 hours ago, MFT5 said:

so the only comparison is that they're big WRs but Evans is still just a overall BIGGER human. if Pittman can gain those 10lbs w out sacrificing speed, we'll talk

Evans is a significantly bigger human...it's like comparing Pascal to DK Metcalf. 

4 hours ago, MFT5 said:

More weight is not necessarily good.   Personally I’d like Pittman to lose 2-4 pounds.   I don’t want him gaining any more weight.   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

More weight is not necessarily good.   Personally I’d like Pittman to lose 2-4 pounds.   I don’t want him gaining any more weight.   

i never said weight equals better. were speaking en the realm of comparison so in order to mirror the reflection he would need to gain weight. idc if he's 240 or 210, just do your job 

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Evans is a significantly bigger human...it's like comparing Pascal to DK Metcalf. 

not quite but i see what yu mean 

1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

i never said weight equals better. were speaking en the realm of comparison so in order to mirror the reflection he would need to gain weight. idc if he's 240 or 210, just do your job 

not quite but i see what yu mean 

I was completely exaggerating for effect...admittedly (Metcalf is a truck)...just trying to show that one inch in height, 3" inch longer arms and 10 lbs is a pretty big difference. But I think tall WRs are thought of mostly the same because they are tall.

I have seen the VJax comp as well...but VJax was even bigger than Evans...and more athletic.

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I was completely exaggerating for effect...admittedly (Metcalf is a truck)...just trying to show that one inch in height, 3" inch longer arms and 10 lbs is a pretty big difference. But I think tall WRs are thought of mostly the same because they are tall.

I have seen the VJax comp as well...but VJax was even bigger than Evans...and more athletic.

yea i agree it's a big difference. ppl see big and assume all are made equal

Archived