Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers

danlhart87

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, danlhart87 said:

NO back in 1st

TB currently 8 seed 

3 teams are all 3-2.  Should be a great race to the end. The Saints really look to be in trouble with their D and now Thomas having issues on the team and getting suspended. I think Carolina pushes Tampa for the division.

Statement game from the Bucs. They really punched the Packers in the mouth. Suh got in Rodgers head. He was not the same after that pick six. Brady calmly iced the game in the third quarter. Also no penalties. If they can play clean like that they will be very tough to beat. 

Also, Bears are in first place at 5-1. Strange season!

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I think the Bucs are just heating up. Brady looked crisp out there with his passes, pinpoint accuracy to his receivers, and some long ball to boot....Keep an eye on the Bucs moving forward...

they have impressed me especially last 2 weeks

11 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I think the Bucs are just heating up. Brady looked crisp out there with his passes, pinpoint accuracy to his receivers, and some long ball to boot....Keep an eye on the Bucs moving forward...

Their offense looks really seasoned. I think Brady has figured out what plays work and which ones do not. The defense is really stout. They are a fun team to watch. 

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Raiders beat KC-Bucs beat the Raiders yesterday. Says something does it not? Bucs have AB coming to join the party in Tampa.

Raiders caught KC napping. Bucs were more ready. However, Bucs did look real balanced overall vs both the Packers and Raiders, 2 good teams they beat.

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady along with Peyton are like 1a and 1b as far GOATs go - throw Montana in there too, I tried to tell some but they wouldn't listen. So far BB is having a tough time, you usually can't win without a great QB. Tommy is winning that division IMO. 

Its not a sure thing yet that NO TB hand will be big game 

On 10/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady along with Peyton are like 1a and 1b as far GOATs go - throw Montana in there too, I tried to tell some but they wouldn't listen. So far BB is having a tough time, you usually can't win without a great QB. Tommy is winning that division IMO. 

I agree. It's always the player. I said this on the TD thread as well. Coaching only goes so far. The difference between a 7-9 team and a 12-4 team is Brady/Manning. 

43 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I agree. It's always the player. I said this on the TD thread as well. Coaching only goes so far. The difference between a 7-9 team and a 12-4 team is Brady/Manning. 

Yep, Look at what Reich did when he had Luck. He went 10-6 and won a playoff game with an ok roster but Luck made a world of difference. With JB it was 7-9. I think we can go 10-6 with Rivers but our schedule gets tougher after Detroit. 9-7 at worse I see.

Coaching certainly helps as well so let's not excuse Belichick as if he's garbage.

He took a Bradyless team with Cassel and led them to 11-5.

Patriots biggest issue to me besides losing Brady was several starters opting out at the beginning of the year due to covid.

I don't their record would be much different especially since I think Cam best days are behind him.

He could just tank for Lawrence but Jets seem dead set on that notion right now.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Coaching certainly helps as well so let's not excuse Belichick as if he's garbage.

Patriots biggest issue to me besides losing Brady was several starters opting out at the beginning of the year due to covid.

I don't their record would be much different especially since I think Cam best days are behind him.

He could just tank for Lawrence but Jets seem dead set on that notion right now.

They really need to spend some draft capital and target a QB. You can't win anything without at least a decent QB and they don't have any on the roster.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

BB is a great coach, possibly the GOAT but without a QB that is at least above average to good you aren't winning the SB. Cam isn't Cam of 2015. I would take Rivers over him right now so we at least we have a chance in the playoffs.

22 hours ago, FortheWin said:

They really need to spend some draft capital and target a QB. You can't win anything without at least a decent QB and they don't have any on the roster.

Should have kept Jimmy G. They wanted to make Brady happy and Kraft and BB obliged, I guess.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Should have kept Jimmy G. They wanted to make Brady happy and Kraft and BB obliged, I guess.

They got another ring out of it BUT they really should have tagged Jimmy even though it would be a ton of money to do so. Once you have identified the QB you don't give him away.

10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I have them beating Saints but Saints still winning South in end. 

It will be  a fight all the way to the end

The Saints do have a lot of fortitude as a team. Tom Brady should actually execute an Arians style offense to beat the Saints, go farther down the field but he is less inclined to lately. I just have this feeling the Saints' D is starting to correct a few mistakes and might just do enough to beat the Bucs again putting them in the driver's seat in the NFC South. Todd Bowles' blitzing style might work against the kinds of Daniel Jones but it is harder to pull off vs Drew Brees.

Saints 34 Bucs 31

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Saints do have a lot of fortitude as a team. Tom Brady should actually execute an Arians style offense to beat the Saints, go farther down the field but he is less inclined to lately. I just have this feeling the Saints' D is starting to correct a few mistakes and might just do enough to beat the Bucs again putting them in the driver's seat in the NFC South. Todd Bowles' blitzing style might work against the kinds of Daniel Jones but it is harder to pull off vs Drew Brees.

Saints 34 Bucs 31

Would be amazing game if that was score

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the Bucs don't play better next week than this week, I suspect they will have a hard time beating the Saints. 

I think it was a classic trap game for them. Looking ahead to the Saints. 

Looking forward to next Sunday and the debut of AB. The Saints are also playing better so should be a great game. Wonder if Thomas will play.

Archived