Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers

danlhart87

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gets to the Super Bowl facing a 7-9 division winner, rides his defense to beat the Saints and a Drew Brees with a shot arm, throws three interceptions and beats a Packers team who made awful coaching decisions at the end of both halves.

Sounds pretty familiar to most of his playoff runs with the Patriots.

12 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Gets to the Super Bowl facing a 7-9 division winner, rides his defense to beat the Saints and a Drew Brees with a shot arm, throws three interceptions and beats a Packers team who made awful coaching decisions at the end of both halves.

Man, bitter much?

How come? Bills own the AFCE now. Be happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 12:32 AM, buffalo34 said:

The other team gets to make plays too.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, danlhart87 said:

Made this prediction last year and now I'm setting my sights on a new team. 

The Buccaneers made several high profile moves this offseason but I am not buying the hype.

Brady is on the decline rapidly and was the weak link on NE last year and Gronk hasn't played in over a year.

The Patriots even with Stidham will win the East at 10-6.

I could see TB finishing 7-9 and be a massive disappointment.

Never ever be so adamant lol

On 1/24/2021 at 11:32 PM, buffalo34 said:

Ummmmmmm.......but.....he won. U could say that if he won  one or 2 l. But 7...come on man. I use to hate Brady and always find reasons to diminish what he did. U can say what every want, but the greatest qb of all time is Tom Brady. One thing that he proved most of all is that he makes everyone around him better.There, I said it. God that was painful yet enlightening at the same lol.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ummmmmmm.......but.....he won. U could say that if he won  one or 2 l. But 7...come on man. I use to hate Brady and always find reasons to diminish what he did. U can say what every want, but the greatest qb of all time is Tom Brady. One thing that he proved most of all is that he makes everyone around him better.There, I said it. God that was painful yet enlightening at the same lol.

He really does get the best out of the entire team. When he's the QB, everyone is held accountable. Absolutely unreal. 

20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Its not even close between him and Manning

Championships wise I agree (it is now 7-2). The ability to make his teammates better and play the position it is close though. I don't see much difference there. Keep in mind Manning still has more League MVP's (5-3). That award basically goes to the guy that is the most important player to his team to help them win. I will say this Manning is clearly the 2nd best QB over the last 2 decades, it isn't Rodgers or Mahomes and that is not only by eye test but Manning has more SB wins and League MVP's then either.

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Its not even close between him and Manning

I'm pretty sure Brady has stuck around to try to bury Manning in everything.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Championships wise I agree (it is now 7-2). The ability to make his teammates better and play the position it is close though. I don't see much difference there. Keep in mind Manning still has more League MVP's (5-3). That award basically goes to the guy that is the most important player to his team to help them win. I will say this Manning is clearly the 2nd best QB over the last 2 decades, it isn't Rodgers or Mahomes and that is not only by eye test but Manning has more SB wins and League MVP's then either.

Because even Mannings 5 MVPs are looked at in the same light when Brady has 5 freaking superbowl MVPs...  

Now Brady matched Manning being the only QB's to win with two teams. What else do you need Tom. oh... him and Gronk want Manning and Marvs record before he hangs it up..

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm pretty sure Brady has stuck around to try to bury Manning in everything.

Because even Mannings 5 MVPs are looked at in the same light when Brady has 5 freaking superbowl MVPs...  

Now Brady matched Manning being the only QB's to win with two teams. What else do you need Tom. oh... him and Gronk want Manning and Marvs record before he hangs it up..

Brady is the only QB to win in both conferences. He also is the only only to do it his first season which is unbelievable given the no off-season this year.

I've done what I think is some interesting research. And it could be meaningless and inconsequential but none the less based on history I found it peculiar. In 2019 the Bucs were the most penalized team in the nfl. In 2020 they were the 4th fewest penalized team. Pretty much same coaching staff and players just somehow didn't commit a plethora of penalties this year as in 2019. And it even gets better. During their 4 game win streak at the end of the season and the 4 post season games the Bucs were penalized 33 times for 257 while their opponents got hit 45 times for 513, that I think is astounding. Maybe that's what we can call Brady magic. I know the football purest on here will ridicule and  belittle these stats but it is a part of the game(unfortunately.)

I applaud and appreciate those of you who are realistic about this whole situation. When Manning went to Denver, most of you were instantly Broncos fans. I never said anything was wrong with that, and I can totally relate with Brady having gone to Tampa and accomplishing what he did this year. I'll always be a Patriots fan, but once they were clearly out of contention, I was rooting for Brady all the way (and Gronk as well). 

Whether people like it or not, Brady IMMEDIATELY brought a winning aura to a franchise that has traditionally been known as a perennial loser. He is not the most physically gifted QB of all time. Not the best arm, or legs, or any of that. The guy just wins. As a Patriots fan it's somewhat bittersweet, but I can't root against a guy who brought two decades of happiness to us after four decades of frustration and futility. 

I don't really post here anymore, but I was curious to see what the general take was on Tampa's SB victory. There is a mutual admiration thing between Tom and Peyton, and I think I share the same with a lot of you, as fans. Best of luck to the Colts moving forward, I don't think the Patriots will be a threat in the AFC for at least a couple more years, LOL... 

Cheers. 

-GoPats 

Archived