Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers

danlhart87

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The Saints losing last night helped the Bucs as now both are 1-1.  I think the Saints are going to be forced to let Hill play more as Brees really looks bad. His arm looks pretty shot. I wonder if Winston gets a chance too.

He might come in on occasion but not take over Brees unless Brees has injury

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Bucs are 2 - 1

Solid win again

Offense is starting to click but man I have been impressed a lot with their defense. Play makers everywhere. Ton of speed and they smack their opponent around too. I thought Driscoll was going to have to be carted off after some of those sacks.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:07 AM, 18to87 said:

What will it say about Brady if Cam continues to play like this?

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

2 of the sharpest defensive and offensive minds in the NFL right now. Then you have the Ravens who abandon the run in a 1 score game vs the Chiefs. Patriots with Brady or Cam would have never done that, especially if that is the way to keep Mahomes at bay. Do what you do well, better. That is what BB and McDaniels try to do.

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

such a freaking weird year.. I'm cheering for Cam in a freaking Patriots uni. And cheering against the Bucs like I actually care about them. UHG!.. Not to mention Bucs get Chiefs, Packers, Rams ALL at home :lol: and I'm sure fans will be allowed then. lol i hate what my life has become haha

Lol, Cam is probably my favorite player and was hoping Colts would sign him. But Belichick  got him. :yuk: But kinda rooting for him, lol. Josh McDaniels job is easier as he now can expand his playbook with a stronger arm & athletic QB.

And I'm now also rooting against bucs, a team that it will be rigged for. Should just go to vegas for couple months and bet on Pat's & Bucs.

13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

That would be by far the most watched SB of all-time IMO.

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

At this point if Colts don't get there im hoping for Mahomes vs Wilson

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

59 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

Brady seems to be doing pretty well at the deep ball probably because he has pro bowl level receivers which he didn't have in New England except for when he had Moss. It seems to me that Arians is incorporating more Patriot-like plays for Brady to go with the long balls. It will be interesting to see how the offense continues evolve.  I agree about the defense - they look very good. I had no idea they had such great playmakers especially their LBs.

Cam has been interesting in NE. I really thought he would fall flat but he seems to be taking the coaching well. He still seems pretty inaccurate to me at times. I keep reading that people feel he is a better fit this year than Brady would have been yet Brady was 3-0 last year and all 3 wins were blow outs. I think after this week the Patriots will be 2-2 as the Chiefs look like the class of the AFC again.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Nah not yet but will credit where credit is due good job today bucs

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

16 hours ago, FortheWin said:

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

That's the Brady factor. Try and score any chance possible.

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

Heck I'm almost 30 years old.. I remember my parents cheering for Tom brady when I didn't even care about football. I would come in from playing outside and cheer against him haha. 

Archived