Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Brady loses every game he plays in.

The Paper Tigers are leading the 4-0 Packers 31-10. 

Posted Images

 

 

5 hours ago, 18to87 said:

What will it say about Brady if Cam continues to play like this?

I think it says more about Cam. I really thought he was washed and the Patriots would struggle this year but he looks healthy and able to make plays with his feet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The Saints losing last night helped the Bucs as now both are 1-1.  I think the Saints are going to be forced to let Hill play more as Brees really looks bad. His arm looks pretty shot. I wonder if Winston gets a chance too.

He might come in on occasion but not take over Brees unless Brees has injury

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Bucs are 2 - 1

Solid win again

 

 

Offense is starting to click but man I have been impressed a lot with their defense. Play makers everywhere. Ton of speed and they smack their opponent around too. I thought Driscoll was going to have to be carted off after some of those sacks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 1:07 AM, 18to87 said:

What will it say about Brady if Cam continues to play like this?

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

 

2 of the sharpest defensive and offensive minds in the NFL right now. Then you have the Ravens who abandon the run in a 1 score game vs the Chiefs. Patriots with Brady or Cam would have never done that, especially if that is the way to keep Mahomes at bay. Do what you do well, better. That is what BB and McDaniels try to do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

such a freaking weird year.. I'm cheering for Cam in a freaking Patriots uni. And cheering against the Bucs like I actually care about them. UHG!.. Not to mention Bucs get Chiefs, Packers, Rams ALL at home :lol: and I'm sure fans will be allowed then. lol i hate what my life has become haha

 

Lol, Cam is probably my favorite player and was hoping Colts would sign him. But Belichick  got him. :yuk: But kinda rooting for him, lol. Josh McDaniels job is easier as he now can expand his playbook with a stronger arm & athletic QB.

And I'm now also rooting against bucs, a team that it will be rigged for. Should just go to vegas for couple months and bet on Pat's & Bucs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

That would be by far the most watched SB of all-time IMO.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

At this point if Colts don't get there im hoping for Mahomes vs Wilson

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

 

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

 

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

 

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

 

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

Brady seems to be doing pretty well at the deep ball probably because he has pro bowl level receivers which he didn't have in New England except for when he had Moss. It seems to me that Arians is incorporating more Patriot-like plays for Brady to go with the long balls. It will be interesting to see how the offense continues evolve.  I agree about the defense - they look very good. I had no idea they had such great playmakers especially their LBs.

 

Cam has been interesting in NE. I really thought he would fall flat but he seems to be taking the coaching well. He still seems pretty inaccurate to me at times. I keep reading that people feel he is a better fit this year than Brady would have been yet Brady was 3-0 last year and all 3 wins were blow outs. I think after this week the Patriots will be 2-2 as the Chiefs look like the class of the AFC again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Nah not yet but will credit where credit is due good job today bucs

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FortheWin said:

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

That's the Brady factor. Try and score any chance possible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

Heck I'm almost 30 years old.. I remember my parents cheering for Tom brady when I didn't even care about football. I would come in from playing outside and cheer against him haha. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I put him at 5 cause Colts might have to trade up    It honestly could go either way though 
    • Stafford golladay williams basham
    • Thanks for the feedback   I hear both your concerns and they are definitely valid. About Lance starting year 1 - the moment we draft a 1st round QB, getting him ready to start as soon as humanly possible becomes priority no.1 for our coaching staff(the offensive side at least). It's very possible even with that attention he might not get ready if we have another weird off-season, so I have accounted for that with bringing back Brissett. I think he's a very good backup who can start if Lance is not ready. The reason why I got Brissett and not someone higher profile is because I don't want us to bring in a QB who will demand the starting spot when we are trading for a QB in R1. I want a competent competition, I don't want it to be decided from the start that the rookie will sit. IMO if you draft a QB high, you should be ready to put him in the moment he is ready to run your offense competently. IMO Brissett is in that sweet spot where he will give the rookie a run for his money, but won't usurp the spot and you will feel good about your rookie if he's on par with(or better than) a Brissett type. It would be a great start to his career.    The LT question and whether he will be ready is another one to take into account. My thought process here is - create multiple avenues for filling that spot. For me those would be - 1. Nelson(try him... you never know and you lose nothing if it doesn't work ... just get him back inside if he can't handle the LT spot), 2. FA - I'm bringing Ty Nsekhe to compete for the spot. He's been solid in spot duties for the Bills and has the profile to do the job... and is still young... and 3. the draft - Taven Jenkins is one of the players that I think can be a long-term solution at the position. Again .... no idea if he will be ready, but he will be part of the competition for the spot.   My hope here is that at least one of them will step up and be reasonable starter. 
    • Lance would be far cheaper than the vets
    • I like it, but have some comments / questions   1) Are you counting on Eason to be the QB of the future in this mock offseason?   2) I love the JJ Watt Pick up, he is probably 75% of what he was a few years ago, but he could be very versatile and would improve this defense   3) Counting on a late 2nd round to start at OT day one is a bit dangerous in my opinion - FA?   4) Unless the guy is an amazing talent that slipped, I would probably NOT add a RB as early in the draft as you did. (I like our top 3 RBs as they are)  Mack is going to want much $$$$ that we dont have.   Thanks again  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...