Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love what we are doing so far

I know everyone has their opinion on what player or trade we should make, but I for one like what we are doing so far in this years draft. Just remember, we might not even play this year so the future could not be until next year. Everyone likes to think that this current year will be normal,

but there is no guarantee, that this year will happen. There is no draft choice that we should invest in at this stage at QB this year. Let's see how this year pans out and then address the future QB for our club.  

I do too.  Pittman and Blackmon were both guys I was high on.  Taylor came a little out of left field, but I like him as a player.  Should be the thunder to Mack’s lightning.  Now we got to get some OL depth.  Would love Adeniji, bc he could be a Haeg-like four-position player...  

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

I do too.  Pittman and Blackmon were both guys I was high on.  Taylor came a little out of left field, but I like him as a player.  Should be the thunder to Mack’s lightning.  Now we got to get some OL depth.  Would love Adeniji, bc he could be a Haeg-like four-position player...  

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of lineman taken tomorrow and the rest Defensive help. Unless a QB we like is still there.

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I know everyone has their opinion on what player or trade we should make, but I for one like what we are doing so far in this years draft. Just remember, we might not even play this year so the future could not be until next year. Everyone likes to think that this current year will be normal,

but there is no guarantee, that this year will happen. There is no draft choice that we should invest in at this stage at QB this year. Let's see how this year pans out and then address the future QB for our club.  

I had Pittman in my final mock at 44 and Taylor is my favorite rb in the class. Did Blackmon tear his ACL or was it a knee sprain? Just curious as that's a huge difference. 

Anyway, if you think of Buckner as our 1st round pick with these guys, it's looking real good! :thmup:

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I had Pittman in my final mock at 44 and Taylor is my favorite rb in the class. Did Blackmon tear his ACL or was it a knee sprain? Just curious as that's a huge difference. 

Anyway, if you think of Buckner as our 1st round pick with these guys, it's looking real good! :thmup:

Blackmon tore acl. Probably  won't  play til next season.

So why do you waste a third round pick on a guy who essentially can't play next year? Do we really have that luxury? If CB loved him so much, we probably still could have picked him later. And, (besides who will be picked until our next pick in round 4) we missed out on ...

Sack master Jonathan Greenard

Safety Tanner Muse

Sack master Alex Highsmith

TE Adam Trautman

All who could have helped us THIS YEAR.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Pittman and Taylor picks, but Blackmon in the 3rd was a waste.

Archer, help me out here to understand ...

Who says Blackmon can't help this year?  People.........just stop and take a breath.  You don't have all of the facts yet.  Heck even if he really doesn't come back until November you still have half a season and potential playoffs to go, so YES he CAN help you.

1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

So why do you waste a third round pick on a guy who essentially can't play next year? Do we really have that luxury? If CB loved him so much, we probably still could have picked him later. And, (besides who will be picked until our next pick in round 4) we missed out on ...

Sack master Jonathan Greenard

Safety Tanner Muse

Sack master Alex Highsmith

TE Adam Trautman

All who could have helped us THIS YEAR.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Pittman and Taylor picks, but Blackmon in the 3rd was a waste.

Archer, help me out here to understand ...

Take a look at my post about day 3 players still available! There are about 5 tightends that can still help us this year. Weaver is still there (Boise States all-time sack leader) as well as that North Dakota State kid that I think is their all-time sack leader as well! Tanner Muse is A.J. Green all over again and will be converted to a LB.

Blackmon (injury or not) is a center field type safety (2nd Team All-American and rated higher than all the SEC Safety's) who also played corner at a high level at Utah. If not for the injury he likely would have been taken in the 2nd round when all the other safety's went. He will start the year on the PUP and contribute around week 8-9.

So now 3rd round picks are expected to be impact players right away?  Used to be that you’d be fortunate if your 1st rounders made an immediate impact.  I get that expectations have risen in recent years, but 3rd rounders?  If lucky, those are guys you hope to see start in years 2 or 3 while learning the ropes in year 1.  Might want to take a look at the most recent drafts and count how many early round picks are keys to their team’s success out of the gate.  There are a few, but not surprisingly, the number is fairly low.  It will be amusing to see the complaints about the 5th and 6th rounders we’ll surely regret passing on today.

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Did Blackmon tear his ACL or was it a knee sprain? Just curious as that's a huge difference.

Torn. He will be on the PUP list.  Both of them (Active, then later Reserve), if there is a season.  And if there is a season, I expect all rookies will impact their teams less than typical because the lack of OTA's, mini, and training camp time/practices.

And all states will likely have to lift restriction by around mid July to even think of having a full season.  Will the NFL consider a shortened season, depending upon how circumstances play out?

Archived