Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
lennymoore24

Josh Rosen

Recommended Posts

Some of you might think I am crazy, but if the Dolphins pick a QB like Tua early in the draft and we could get Rosen for like a 5, I would love that. I know Rosen has not played great his first two years.  But do keep in mind he is 22 years old, was on two of the worst teams of the last two years, and has been through coaching hell.  He also has attributes that Reich likes.  He is definitely a pocket passer who is very accurate. I remember him coming out of college, hew as called the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck.  I expect some team like New England will make a move to get him because he is loaded with potential.  I am not saying he is anything like Steve Young, but sometimes being drafted by a bad team and then going to a system that fits you better can turn a career around.

 

So my hope is the Colts can either have a guy like Tua fall into their lap, draft Fromm in 2nd, trade for Rosen, or sign Foles (assuming Jacksonville lets him go) as a bridge QB.  Just don't start Brissett another game please!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen would be interesting. The poor kid has not even had a chance.  My question would be if he is broken from all that he has went through. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Some of you might think I am crazy, but if the Dolphins pick a QB like Tua early in the draft and we could get Rosen for like a 5, I would love that. I know Rosen has not played great his first two years.  But do keep in mind he is 22 years old, was on two of the worst teams of the last two years, and has been through coaching hell.  He also has attributes that Reich likes.  He is definitely a pocket passer who is very accurate. I remember him coming out of college, hew as called the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck.  I expect some team like New England will make a move to get him because he is loaded with potential.  I am not saying he is anything like Steve Young, but sometimes being drafted by a bad team and then going to a system that fits you better can turn a career around.

 

So my hope is the Colts can either have a guy like Tua fall into their lap, draft Fromm in 2nd, trade for Rosen, or sign Foles (assuming Jacksonville lets him go) as a bridge QB.  Just don't start Brissett another game please!

sorry but i want a mobile QB Pocket Passers Are Out dated

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

no they aren't.  League has seen this before and its like everything else, its a cycle. Defenses will adjust eventually and then the advantage swings back to the pocket passer. 

umm besides brady and manning name me a good decent pocket passer? cause if you say brees or rogers both are included in the mobile type

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

umm besides brady and manning name me a good decent pocket passer? cause if you say brees or rogers both are included in the mobile type

Past or present? cause I can name quite a few from the past :lol:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

umm besides brady and manning name me a good decent pocket passer? cause if you say brees or rogers both are included in the mobile type

Troy Aikman happy homer simpson GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Troy Aikman happy homer simpson GIF

ok give me a present day one lol

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Troy Aikman happy homer simpson GIF

ok give me a present day one lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

ok give me a present day one lol

ok give me a present day one lol

I am not sure what your definition of mobile would be. To me I would not consider Brees mobile at this stage in his career but you do. I would Rodgers though as you posted. Guys like Goff, Ryan, Carr, and Cousins are good pocket passers

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

sorry but i want a mobile QB Pocket Passers Are Out dated


See Lamar Jackson in 5 years!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a good pocket passer who is also very mobile. Doesn't have to run like Jackson, but at least someone you can call a couple designed runs for each game to keep the defense off balance.

 

Wilson is a good example.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

how about Russell Wilson 5 years two Super bowl appearances :rock:


Russell only runs when he has to.  Running is Lamar’s game! 

Just now, coltsva said:

I want a good pocket passer who is also very mobile. Doesn't have to run like Jackson, but at least someone you can call a couple designed runs for each game to keep the defense off balance.

 

Wilson is a good example.


Wilson is the best QB in the NFL IMO. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

how about Russell Wilson 5 years two Super bowl appearances :rock:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. I am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. i am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

ok that i will agree with. the chance of injury is pretty high however Big Benny gets hurt alot too and imo hes a really good pocket passer so it could go either way

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. I am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

I'm sure Jackson will stay healthy until the Ravens play the Patriots in the playoffs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like mobile QBs, if the ravens get 4 or 5 good years out of lamar playing at this level its probably worth it. he might be the best running qb ever and they didnt use a number 1 overall or anything on him

 

vick played 12 years and never lost his speed though he did miss games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

ok that i will agree with. the chance of injury is pretty high however Big Benny gets hurt alot too and imo hes a really good pocket passer so it could go either way

Oh it definitely works both ways. Just like Carr was having a great year in 2016 mainly by being a pocket passer and he got injured at the end. When it comes to Big Benny, he has always had a weakness of holding on to the ball too long and takes a lot of punishment because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsva said:

I'm sure Jackson will stay healthy until the Ravens play the Patriots in the playoffs.


I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 
 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were questions about Rosen's leadership and coachability during the draft process when he came out.

 

I don't know how he has been in those two areas in the NFL. However, the fact that the Cardinals dumped him after just on year, and using a top 10 pick to select him, and the Dolphins don't appear to see him as their QB of the future makes me doubt him.

 

I don't think I'd like to Rosen as the long-term answer at QB for the Colts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 
 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can hurt you with his legs.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

 

vick played 12 years and never lost his speed though he did miss games


One trick pony with very limited playoff success. Enough said!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 
 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

Wilson over time has become a much smarter player IMO. He is a top 5 QB in the league today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wilson over time has become a much smarter player IMO. He is a top 5 QB in the league today.


I think he’s #1. It’s debatable, but I like Wilson. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You list the argument the moment you listed Brees as mobile.   Not even a little.   Sorry.

 

BothBrees and Rogers are thought of as pocket passers.   Rogers is very mobile, but his primary skill set is throwing out of the pocket.

Yeah that is what i noticed. I gave him Rodgers being mobile but not Brees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers and Mahomes are great too. Lamar will probably win MVP.


I agree Lamar should win. And I doubt he plays like this season very long. Exciting guy, but he’s going to get hurt eventually. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPStack said:


I agree Lamar should win. And I doubt he plays like this season very long. Exciting guy, but he’s going to get hurt eventually. 

Yeah it is hard for any QB to play at the level he is playing at 2 years in a row. I don't see him playing like that next year. He will still be good but he is great this season. Look at how even Mahomes dropped off from last season and he is a great passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 
 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

well id sure love to see the article that supports your theory MPStack because you dont know if it was a coaches decision why Russell doesn't run as much. But i do agree with you that he is a Number one QB

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

well id sure love to see the article that supports your theory MPStack because you dont know if it was a coaches decision why Russell doesn't run as much. But i do agree with you that he is a Number one QB


Don’t need an article. He grew as a passer, something Cam didn’t really do! Now Cam is.....

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Character issues, he has been labeled uncoachable which in turn has led to him being a bad quarterback in at the highest level. The best athletes in the world need coaching to succeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

ok give me a present day one lol

ok give me a present day one lol

Homer is always good for any meme you need

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPStack said:


See Lamar Jackson in 5 years!

So true, I'm gonna need at least 3/4 more years of receipts on a player like Jackson before I'd change my mind to a majority mobile QB. 

 

We all remember his backup was the 'future' after his rookie year.

 

I'm skeptical he'll keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Some of you might think I am crazy, but if the Dolphins pick a QB like Tua early in the draft and we could get Rosen for like a 5, I would love that. I know Rosen has not played great his first two years.  But do keep in mind he is 22 years old, was on two of the worst teams of the last two years, and has been through coaching hell.  He also has attributes that Reich likes.  He is definitely a pocket passer who is very accurate. I remember him coming out of college, hew as called the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck.  I expect some team like New England will make a move to get him because he is loaded with potential.  I am not saying he is anything like Steve Young, but sometimes being drafted by a bad team and then going to a system that fits you better can turn a career around.

 

So my hope is the Colts can either have a guy like Tua fall into their lap, draft Fromm in 2nd, trade for Rosen, or sign Foles (assuming Jacksonville lets him go) as a bridge QB.  Just don't start Brissett another game please!

Rosen sucks too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...