Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Rosen

lennymoore24

Some of you might think I am crazy, but if the Dolphins pick a QB like Tua early in the draft and we could get Rosen for like a 5, I would love that. I know Rosen has not played great his first two years.  But do keep in mind he is 22 years old, was on two of the worst teams of the last two years, and has been through coaching hell.  He also has attributes that Reich likes.  He is definitely a pocket passer who is very accurate. I remember him coming out of college, hew as called the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck.  I expect some team like New England will make a move to get him because he is loaded with potential.  I am not saying he is anything like Steve Young, but sometimes being drafted by a bad team and then going to a system that fits you better can turn a career around.

So my hope is the Colts can either have a guy like Tua fall into their lap, draft Fromm in 2nd, trade for Rosen, or sign Foles (assuming Jacksonville lets him go) as a bridge QB.  Just don't start Brissett another game please!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Some of you might think I am crazy, but if the Dolphins pick a QB like Tua early in the draft and we could get Rosen for like a 5, I would love that. I know Rosen has not played great his first two years.  But do keep in mind he is 22 years old, was on two of the worst teams of the last two years, and has been through coaching hell.  He also has attributes that Reich likes.  He is definitely a pocket passer who is very accurate. I remember him coming out of college, hew as called the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck.  I expect some team like New England will make a move to get him because he is loaded with potential.  I am not saying he is anything like Steve Young, but sometimes being drafted by a bad team and then going to a system that fits you better can turn a career around.

So my hope is the Colts can either have a guy like Tua fall into their lap, draft Fromm in 2nd, trade for Rosen, or sign Foles (assuming Jacksonville lets him go) as a bridge QB.  Just don't start Brissett another game please!

sorry but i want a mobile QB Pocket Passers Are Out dated

12 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

sorry but i want a mobile QB Pocket Passers Are Out dated

no they aren't.  League has seen this before and its like everything else, its a cycle. Defenses will adjust eventually and then the advantage swings back to the pocket passer. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

no they aren't.  League has seen this before and its like everything else, its a cycle. Defenses will adjust eventually and then the advantage swings back to the pocket passer. 

umm besides brady and manning name me a good decent pocket passer? cause if you say brees or rogers both are included in the mobile type

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

ok give me a present day one lol

ok give me a present day one lol

I am not sure what your definition of mobile would be. To me I would not consider Brees mobile at this stage in his career but you do. I would Rodgers though as you posted. Guys like Goff, Ryan, Carr, and Cousins are good pocket passers

• Like 3

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

how about Russell Wilson 5 years two Super bowl appearances :rock:

Russell only runs when he has to.  Running is Lamar’s game! 

Just now, coltsva said:

I want a good pocket passer who is also very mobile. Doesn't have to run like Jackson, but at least someone you can call a couple designed runs for each game to keep the defense off balance.

Wilson is a good example.

Wilson is the best QB in the NFL IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

how about Russell Wilson 5 years two Super bowl appearances :rock:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. I am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. i am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

ok that i will agree with. the chance of injury is pretty high however Big Benny gets hurt alot too and imo hes a really good pocket passer so it could go either way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree having a duel threat at QB helps but how long can they stay healthy running a lot besides throwing. So far Wilson has stayed healthy but look at guys like Cam and RG3. If Lamar can stay healthy for the next 3 or 4 years playing his style than he would've beat the odds. I am sure the Ravens will take it. Even our own Andrew Luck paid the price by taking off and running too much. 

I'm sure Jackson will stay healthy until the Ravens play the Patriots in the playoffs.

• Like 1

i like mobile QBs, if the ravens get 4 or 5 good years out of lamar playing at this level its probably worth it. he might be the best running qb ever and they didnt use a number 1 overall or anything on him

vick played 12 years and never lost his speed though he did miss games

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

ok that i will agree with. the chance of injury is pretty high however Big Benny gets hurt alot too and imo hes a really good pocket passer so it could go either way

Oh it definitely works both ways. Just like Carr was having a great year in 2016 mainly by being a pocket passer and he got injured at the end. When it comes to Big Benny, he has always had a weakness of holding on to the ball too long and takes a lot of punishment because of it.

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

I'm sure Jackson will stay healthy until the Ravens play the Patriots in the playoffs.

I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

• Like 4

There were questions about Rosen's leadership and coachability during the draft process when he came out.

I don't know how he has been in those two areas in the NFL. However, the fact that the Cardinals dumped him after just on year, and using a top 10 pick to select him, and the Dolphins don't appear to see him as their QB of the future makes me doubt him.

I don't think I'd like to Rosen as the long-term answer at QB for the Colts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I like Jackson, but he’s no R. Wilson. Once Lamar can no longer run, it will be oh oh! 

@Shadow_Creek probably doesn’t know this, but R. Wilson rush yards have declined the past two plus seasons. Meaning he’s become more of a pocket passer. :rock:

I consider Wilson a pocket QB who can hurt you with his legs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Wilson over time has become a much smarter player IMO. He is a top 5 QB in the league today.

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You list the argument the moment you listed Brees as mobile.   Not even a little.   Sorry.

BothBrees and Rogers are thought of as pocket passers.   Rogers is very mobile, but his primary skill set is throwing out of the pocket.

Yeah that is what i noticed. I gave him Rodgers being mobile but not Brees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I agree Lamar should win. And I doubt he plays like this season very long. Exciting guy, but he’s going to get hurt eventually. 

Yeah it is hard for any QB to play at the level he is playing at 2 years in a row. I don't see him playing like that next year. He will still be good but he is great this season. Look at how even Mahomes dropped off from last season and he is a great passer.

23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

well id sure love to see the article that supports your theory MPStack because you dont know if it was a coaches decision why Russell doesn't run as much. But i do agree with you that he is a Number one QB

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

well id sure love to see the article that supports your theory MPStack because you dont know if it was a coaches decision why Russell doesn't run as much. But i do agree with you that he is a Number one QB

Don’t need an article. He grew as a passer, something Cam didn’t really do! Now Cam is.....

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

See Lamar Jackson in 5 years!

So true, I'm gonna need at least 3/4 more years of receipts on a player like Jackson before I'd change my mind to a majority mobile QB. 

We all remember his backup was the 'future' after his rookie year.

I'm skeptical he'll keep it up.

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Rosen sucks too.