Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pats can say 1 thing that no Colt, no Goodell, no other team, no anybody can take from them

BloodyChamp

I find that with the memory of Manning slowly fading from my memory, I care less and less about what the Patriots do each passing year.

I don't think the Colts are good enough to win the SB this year.  I really don't care who does.  I'd like to probably see SF do it only because it would be fresh, not because of any lingering animosity or focus on the Patriots.

36 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I find that with the memory of Manning slowly fading from my memory, I care less and less about what the Patriots do each passing year.

I don't think the Colts are good enough to win the SB this year.  I really don't care who does.  I'd like to probably see SF do it only because it would be fresh, not because of any lingering animosity or focus on the Patriots.

Yeah once Peyton retired after 2015, that made the road to the SB for the Pats a lot easier. When Peyton was playing, Brady only had won 2 more SB's = 4 SB wins to Peyton's 2. 4-2 isn't a huge difference. Since Peyton has been retired, the Pats have been to the SB every season. Now Brady has 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah once Peyton retired after 2015, that made the road to the SB for the Pats a lot easier. When Peyton was playing, Brady only had won 2 more SB's = 4 SB wins to Peyton's 2. 4-2 isn't a huge difference. Since Peyton has been retired, the Pats have been to the SB every season. Now Brady has 6.

To me, the PATS are just another team at this point.  I've lost track about what they've done the past few years, I'd have to spend effort to think about it.  If they win it this year or 5 more years in a row, that's fine with me.  It just makes the SB less interesting by that much.  No big deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

To me, the PATS are just another team at this point.  I've lost count about what they've done the past few years.  If they win it this year or 5 more years in a row, that's fine with me.  It just makes the SB less interesting by that much.  No big deal.

Yeah it used to bother me when they would win the SB but at this point they do it so much it doesn't bother me near as bad. Maybe it is because Peyton's retired. I only watched about half of last years SB, it was actually boring IMO.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

To me, the PATS are just another team at this point.  I've lost track about what they've done the past few years, I'd have to spend effort to think about it.  If they win it this year or 5 more years in a row, that's fine with me.  It just makes the SB less interesting by that much.  No big deal.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it used to bother me when they would win the SB but at this point they do it so much it doesn't bother me near as bad. Maybe it is because Peyton's retired. I only watched about half of last years SB, it was actually boring IMO.

Same here.....it doesn't bother me a bit....

perfect loops smash GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not saying it doesn't bother me that they now win it a lot lmao . I would love to see 2 new teams in the SB. If the SB would've been KC vs the Saints last year, that would've been an epic battle and a great one to watch. 

Now that would've been a track meet and a lot of fun to watch....too bad a penalty and that non-penalty penalty got in the way. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Aw heck no boys...acting like you don’t care now that the Pats are back in the driver’s seat is such a copout. Like a reverse bandwagoner or something. 

The Pats are no longer a rival like Princeton Community has in Gibson Southern, IU has Purdue, UK has UL

They were replaced by realignment 

13 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Aw heck no boys...acting like you don’t care now that the Pats are back in the driver’s seat is such a copout. Like a reverse bandwagoner or something. 

I care, I would prefer the Pats never be in another SB again. I am sick of them. Having said that it was just different when Peyton played Brady. That was like Magic vs Bird. It is just different now.

• Like 3

The AFC refuses to give the Pats any type of competition. 

It's so boring to watch them beat up on their crap div. Play a cupcake schedule and sleepwalk  to win 1 or 2 seed. Then by nature of home field advantage beat every team that meanders there way there.

Meanwhile the NFC has awesome competition and blesses us with a new competitor most years.

It's gross, its boring, it's a forgone conclusion and it's bad for the league. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It's so boring to watch them beat up on their crap div. Play a cupcake schedule and sleepwalk  to win 1 or 2 seed. Then by nature of home field advantage beat every team that meanders there way there.

Meanwhile the NFC has awesome competition and blesses us with a new competitor most years.

Yeah unless one is a Pats fan, it is bad for the league. Outside of the Pats the league is wide open. I hated basketball during the 90's because the Bulls made it boring. The league was great outside of them. Pacers were good, Jazz were good, etc. but from 1991-1998 (with the exception of 94 and 95 because Jordan left) nobody could beat the Bulls and it sucked. 

I disagree about basketball. The bulls had teams that could beat them every year but found a way because they were that good and they didn’t cheat. And they were legit. There was no stopping Jordan unless you were bigger, stronger and faster than him. That’s doesn’t apply to Brady who still wins while being the teensiest, weakest and slowest.

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I disagree about basketball. The bulls had teams that could beat them every year but found a way because they were that good and they didn’t cheat. And they were legit. There was no stopping Jordan unless you were bigger, stronger and faster than him. That’s doesn’t apply to Brady who still wins while being the teensiest, weakest and slowest.

Not my point, my point was I was sick of seeing the same team win every year. I almost knew the Bulls were going to win it every year. Took the fun out of it for me at least. Teams like the Pacers and Jazz actually had deeper teams but didn't have the REFS in their back pocket like the Bulls did. I watched every game back then because I love the Pacers and I liked the Jazz. Jordan is the GOAT but it was boring watching them win every year. 

On 10/26/2019 at 7:57 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

This year the Pats have the 3rd best team (Bills) as of now in their division... meanwhile KC is collapsing, and the Ravens are a pure running team (which does scare me as a Pats fan), outside of them only the Texans worry me but not that much as their D isn’t half as scary as Buffalos. 

The AFC is in a huge down year, no idea why but the The competition makes the Pats D look like an all time D. 

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

This year the Pats have the 3rd best team (Bills) as of now in their division... meanwhile KC is collapsing, and the Ravens are a pure running team (which does scare me as a Pats fan), outside of them only the Texans worry me but not that much as their D isn’t half as scary as Buffalos. 

The AFC is in a huge down year, no idea why but the The competition makes the Pats D look like an all time D. 

the texans are not that great. the colts beat them routinely,  3 in a row now

should be 4 in a row, reich made some pretty questionable play calls in his first few games 

In route to the 10th straight AFC title ( I really had to go back a decade...) and the 4th Superbowl in a row (Miss the Manning's even more now) Patriots will play:

Colts 5-2

Ravens 5-2

Bills 5-2

Texans 5-3

Chiefs 5-3

We all agree this is the best the AFC has?

And avoid.

7-0 niners

7-1 Saints

7-1 Packers

6-2 Seahwaks

6-2 Vikings

heck even the 5-3 rams are in 3rd place in their own division! 

Now I love our squad.. but i don't know about us against the top of the NFC lol

55 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

In route to the 10th straight AFC title ( I really had to go back a decade...) and the 4th Superbowl in a row (Miss the Manning's even more now) Patriots will play:

Colts 5-2

Ravens 5-2

Bills 5-2

Texans 5-3

Chiefs 5-3

And avoid.

7-0 niners

7-1 Saints

7-1 Packers

6-2 Seahwaks

6-2 Vikings

Of that list of NFC teams only the Saints scare me. The Ravens scare me of the AFC because they are the only ones I don’t see peeing themselves in the Razor. (No offense to the Colts but I just see some stupid unforced mistakes cost them the game because of the stage.)

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Colts 5-2

Ravens 5-2

Bills 5-2

Texans 5-3

Chiefs 5-3

And avoid.

7-0 niners

7-1 Saints

7-1 Packers

6-2 Seahwaks

6-2 Vikings

They will see one of them in the SB.  I'm hoping for the Saints.  Drew Brees deserves a 2nd title and is criminally underrated.  

Yes I recognize that most people can see that Brees is a good QB.  But he's never even considered in the GOAT talks.  Dude has like 5 - 5000 yard seasons.  No one else has more than 1.  Anyone else has a 5,000 yard season and it's like their best season of a 20 year career.  Drew Brees has a 5,000 yard season and it's business as usual.  

On 10/26/2019 at 9:04 PM, BloodyChamp said:

That’s doesn’t apply to Brady who still wins while being the teensiest, weakest and slowest.

Sshhhh, sshhh... don't worry. Brady is poised to set new records in virtually all significant statistical categories. 

Except interceptions.

That's one Favre record that is 100% safe. 

On 10/26/2019 at 7:57 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

I understand how you feel but it’s an indictment of the AFC...not the Patriots.  It’s incumbent upon the AFC teams to get better so that someone...anyone can challenge and beat them.  Sure they benefit from a crap division but yet when they play everyone outside their division they still win more times than not.  Some say that playing in a weak division doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs because of the soft competition.  I recall lots of Colts fans saying that back in the Manning days when the Colts had their run of the AFC South with little to no resistance yet would underwhelm in the post season.  Well...in the Patriots case they still win anyway even by hook or by crook even if necessary.   Which is sickening and frustrating if you are a fan of any other AFC team.  If the AFC is tired of them then the Colts, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans, etc need to get good enough and learn to play disciplined, smart and consistently well enough to take them down.  Simple as that.  The Pats are very well coached and do not beat themselves.  They have a standard of elite play that is very consistent from week to week. They are not unbeatable but it will definitely take a lot.  Right now the teams best suited to potentially deny the Pats reside in the NFC.  

On 10/26/2019 at 6:17 PM, BloodyChamp said:

No way. Maybe if the road to the SB ever has an alternate route besides Boston like in basketball, but until then I don’t buy it. Besides a Colts/Pats playoff game looks very possible this year. 

You’re right to not buy it in my opinion.  I for one continue to loathe all that is Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.  I’m just waiting for Chris Ballard and my Colts to make it a rivalry again.  

Old passions run deep with me.  I still carry disdain for Pittsburgh as well since they have been a thorn in our sides for decades.  I would like few things better than to see my Colts drive them into the ground next Sunday.  We owe them that.  Go Colts. 

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

Sshhhh, sshhh... don't worry. Brady is poised to set new records in virtually all significant statistical categories. 

Except interceptions.

Playing for how many more years? But I’d recommend he not get too cozy, Brees is gonna smash them In short order.

Brees is the best pure passer with Manning being the overall better QB. But I am biased.

16 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Playing for how many more years? But I’d recommend he not get too cozy, Brees is gonna smash them In short order.

Brees is the best pure passer with Manning being the overall better QB. But I am biased.

To date Brady has started in 275 games and Manning started in 265 games in his career.   So 10 more starts as we speak. 

It will be interesting to see where Brees and Brady end up.  Brees is a year and half younger than Brady. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not my point, my point was I was sick of seeing the same team win every year. I almost knew the Bulls were going to win it every year. Took the fun out of it for me at least. Teams like the Pacers and Jazz actually had deeper teams but didn't have the REFS in their back pocket like the Bulls did. I watched every game back then because I love the Pacers and I liked the Jazz. Jordan is the GOAT but it was boring watching them win every year. 

Hiya 2006Coltsbestever . . . I have not posted in a while . . . :-).

Yah it can be tough and boring for non fans of the teams that do well.  I was not a real big basketball fan but was too bored and frustrated with the Bulls success in the 1990s. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoPats said:

Except interceptions.

Lol mad much? But you are right ever since this new era where the worst case scenario is usually a 5 yard dumpoff to an undrafted WR who you get flagged for hitting similar to Brady.

Unless you’re Baker Mayfield whose tosses are intercepted. And that’s still the best the Pats have played in 4 weeks O.oO.oO.o 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:46 PM, BloodyChamp said:

It’s not boring seeing anybody win when they earn it the same way every winner before them did no matter how many times they do it. 

Yea, it kinda is.

Predictability kinda ruins the whole football viewing experience for me.

At least that kind.  It loses some excitement.

It’s not what I’d call predictable when the other team stands a chance to start with but lose because they got outdone. That’s not what we see with the Pats. I mean I know it sounds like a load now in hindsight but I could smell the 25 point comeback before it even started. I could also smell a bad call about to happen in the Jags game when they were going to beat the Pats then sure enough FUMBLE nope not fumble Pats ball.

15 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

To date Brady has started in 275 games and Manning started in 265 games in his career.   So 10 more starts as we speak. 

It will be interesting to see where Brees and Brady end up.  Brees is a year and half younger than Brady. 

I counted 11 but either way, not even a full season so I concede the point.

Brees I think will own every significant record for a passer before he’s done barring any injury. Now to be fair I think longevity records are iffy because of the way games are evolving but that’s just me.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, DougDew said:

I bolded the part that makes a lot of sense. I never looked at the SB being less interesting with the Pats dominating but that is a good point.

3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

I counted 11 but either way, not even a full season so I concede the point.

Brees I think will own every significant record for a passer before he’s done barring any injury. Now to be fair I think longevity records are iffy because of the way games are evolving but that’s just me.

Not just you. And iffy is an understatement. I mean it with all due respect to Brees and Brady (Brady of course being 1 who I’ve said many times has a case as GOAT if people would just quit pretending that he’s the only reason that Pats win to this day). They would not be physically able to play the game at their age in any other era let alone dominate it without having to do several things previous quarterbacks had to do.