Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @CR91 @Jared Cisneros

Here is an ESPN league, half-PPR, where the format is:

1 QB (4 pts for passing TD, 0.1 for completion)

2 RBs

2 WRs/TEs

2 WR/TE/RB

1 DEF thus allowing you to play 4 WRs or 4 TEs or 4 RBs, super flexible. I am the #1 seed and the main thing I worry about is that I have the possibility of too many players on Thursday night:

Here is my roster (my choices in bold):

QB: Carson Wentz (Rivers, Mayfield on waivers)

WRs: Michael Thomas vs Ind, Will Fuller at Ten, JuJu vs Buf, James Washington vs Buf, Breshad Perriman at Det

RBs: Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, LeVeon Bell, Adrian Peterson

DEF: Ravens, Eagles

WRs/TEs on waivers: Tyler Higbee at Dallas, O J Howard at Det, Hollister at Car, Amendola vs TB

Adrian has a good floor but bad ceiling since Chris Thompson is back. Perriman has a decent floor and better ceiling, do I swap them? Is LeVeon Bell too much of a risk vs the Ravens? I saw Devin Singletary do decent vs the Ravens, especially when the Bills were in trail mode because he was involved in the passing game. I think Bell will be involved in the passing game in a trailing game giving me a safe floor.

I play Ingram, Bell and Ravens Defense in the Thursday night game, which probably helps my opponent game plan better with more options till Sunday, that is the only thing I hate. Is that something I should worry about at all?

Thoughts??

Do not use Bell. Adam Gase hates him and doesn't like using him in the offense. He admits he didn't want him and wants to trade him after the season. Love Ingram and the Ravens DEF tonight. Although the Jets run def is solid, Ingram will get his, especially with Lamar hurt.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Laird - fantasy is not about names, it is about the land of opportunities. Slayton went cold, just like Eli in the second half. That is what worries me. It took the Eagles just a half to figure Eli and his tendencies out. Maybe the next game, they will force him to look Sterling and Tate's way. Laird, on the other hand, is that low ceiling high floor guy right now and instead of going for the big 20 points with a possibility of 5 or 6 points from other wide outs, I will take the sure 10 points from this RB.

Ya so start laird over hunt or flex him in over Diggs?

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @CR91 @Jared Cisneros

Here is an ESPN league, half-PPR, where the format is:

1 QB (4 pts for passing TD, 0.1 for completion)

2 RBs

2 WRs/TEs

2 WR/TE/RB

1 DEF thus allowing you to play 4 WRs or 4 TEs or 4 RBs, super flexible. I am the #1 seed and the main thing I worry about is that I have the possibility of too many players on Thursday night:

Here is my roster (my choices in bold):

QB: Carson Wentz (Rivers, Mayfield on waivers)

WRs: Michael Thomas vs Ind, Will Fuller at Ten, JuJu vs Buf, James Washington vs Buf, Breshad Perriman at Det

RBs: Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, LeVeon Bell, Adrian Peterson

DEF: Ravens, Eagles

WRs/TEs on waivers: Tyler Higbee at Dallas, O J Howard at Det, Hollister at Car, Amendola vs TB

Adrian has a good floor but bad ceiling since Chris Thompson is back. Perriman has a decent floor and better ceiling, do I swap them? Is LeVeon Bell too much of a risk vs the Ravens? I saw Devin Singletary do decent vs the Ravens, especially when the Bills were in trail mode because he was involved in the passing game. I think Bell will be involved in the passing game in a trailing game giving me a safe floor.

I play Ingram, Bell and Ravens Defense in the Thursday night game, which probably helps my opponent game plan better with more options till Sunday, that is the only thing I hate. Is that something I should worry about at all?

Thoughts??

I gotta agree  with Jared here, but if JuJu is out, I don't Washington, and Perriman..who knows. I think you have a good option available with Higbee though. Bench Bell, grab Higbee, and weigh your options from there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I gotta agree  with Jared here, but if JuJu is out, I don't Washington, and Perriman..who knows. I think you have a good option available with Higbee though. Bench Bell, grab Higbee, and weigh your options from there. 

Yeah, I have Golden Tate and Tyler Higbee on my bench now. 

I was able to phone in week 14, I clinched a conference playoff spot in week 13, and my overall league playoff matchup looked like I was going to get totally washed. (My opponents team was:

QB: Jackson

RB: Elliot, Cook

WR: Diggs, DJ Moore

TE: Andrews

Flex: Alshon Jeffery 

K: Boswell

DST: Minnesota 

Went into the Monday night game with a 3.28 point lead and Jeffery went down with a big 0 so I got the highly improbable win. PLUS I didn’t have to worry about and started a Steelers RB and boy did that ever feel good!)

So this week’s matchup is a double playoff matchup. My opponent is my opponent in both the conference, and overall league playoff matchups. 

My roster:

QB: Watson

RB: Zeke, ?

WR: Hopkins, Jones

TE: ?

Flex: ?

K: Gonzalez

DST: 49ers

The questions:

RB

I picked up DeAndre Washington on waivers hoping he would be the starter at least this week. Then Josh Jacobs MRI came back clean. If Jacobs is out and he starts he’s an instant starter at RB. But I think there’s a pretty low probability of that this week. Which sucks because I thought that after all I’ve been through with Steelers RBs this season Washington was the fantasy gods way of making it up to me in the playoffs. They have scorned me yet again. 

I have Mack and he’s healthy, but he has a difficult matchup with the Saints, and Reich loves nothing more than to neuter a RB’s fantasy value the way he churns them in and out of games. 

Conner is back. *heavy sigh*. Samuels is out again, and Snell has not been good at all. Buffalo has actually coughed up quite a few points to RBs of late. But it’s Conner. And the Steelers. That one week of refuge from this situation was so nice...

I have Adrian Peterson as well. Guice is done for the season but they gave the Eagles this week. He’s more of a week 16 option against the Giants. 

Finally I have Jordan Howard. Who hasn’t played in forever, and isn’t a lock to play this week, and I think he’s too risky to start even if he does, no real consideration here. 

WR

The great Julio Jones TD drought of 2019 continues. Ridley is out so Jones is definitely the top target at WR. Richard Sherman is out for the 49ers, but that defense is still good. I don’t think I’m considering benching Jones, but I’m sure not in love with him these days. 

DeVante Parker tried to do his best to sink me last week with his injury, but I was able to hold on and win in spite of it. He seems likely to play this week and has a favorable matchup against the Giants. If he starts he’s penciled in at flex. 

Golden Tate has a foot injury, and he and Eli Manning didn’t accomplish much Monday. With the three WRs above him I just don’t see any way I can seriously consider starting him anywhere this week. 

TE

Darren Waller continues to be highly inconsistent. He’s a guy who could ruin your playoffs with a dud. I also have the dynamic of Washington. If Washington starts at RB and I start Waller I’m playing those two against each other and limiting my TD potential. 

I picked up Tyler Higbee on waivers this week. 35 points in the last two weeks, but that was against the worst and second worst defense against TEs. He plays Dallas this week which is the 11th worst, so it’s a decent matchup, but do I trust the Rams offense to keep him scoring in the fantasy playoffs? 

Flex

Everyone mentioned above is a flex candidate. Like I said, if Parker is back and healthy I feel like I have to give him the nod against the Giants, but I’m interested to hear cases for anyone else at the spot. 

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I was able to phone in week 14, I clinched a conference playoff spot in week 13, and my overall league playoff matchup looked like I was going to get totally washed. (My opponents team was:

Went into the Monday night game with a 3.28 point lead and Jeffery went down with a big 0 so I got the highly improbable win. PLUS I didn’t have to worry about and started a Steelers RB and boy did that ever feel good!)

So this week’s matchup is a double playoff matchup. My opponent is my opponent in both the conference, and overall league playoff matchups. 

My roster:

The questions:

RB

I picked up DeAndre Washington on waivers hoping he would be the starter at least this week. Then Josh Jacobs MRI came back clean. If Jacobs is out and he starts he’s an instant starter at RB. But I think there’s a pretty low probability of that this week. Which sucks because I thought that after all I’ve been through with Steelers RBs this season Washington was the fantasy gods way of making it up to me in the playoffs. They have scorned me yet again. 

I have Mack and he’s healthy, but he has a difficult matchup with the Saints, and Reich loves nothing more than to neuter a RB’s fantasy value the way he churns them in and out of games. 

Conner is back. *heavy sigh*. Samuels is out again, and Snell has not been good at all. Buffalo has actually coughed up quite a few points to RBs of late. But it’s Conner. And the Steelers. That one week of refuge from this situation was so nice...

I have Adrian Peterson as well. Guice is done for the season but they gave the Eagles this week. He’s more of a week 16 option against the Giants. 

Finally I have Jordan Howard. Who hasn’t played in forever, and isn’t a lock to play this week, and I think he’s too risky to start even if he does, no real consideration here. 

WR

The great Julio Jones TD drought of 2019 continues. Ridley is out so Jones is definitely the top target at WR. Richard Sherman is out for the 49ers, but that defense is still good. I don’t think I’m considering benching Jones, but I’m sure not in love with him these days. 

DeVante Parker tried to do his best to sink me last week with his injury, but I was able to hold on and win in spite of it. He seems likely to play this week and has a favorable matchup against the Giants. If he starts he’s penciled in at flex. 

Golden Tate has a foot injury, and he and Eli Manning didn’t accomplish much Monday. With the three WRs above him I just don’t see any way I can seriously consider starting him anywhere this week. 

TE

Darren Waller continues to be highly inconsistent. He’s a guy who could ruin your playoffs with a dud. I also have the dynamic of Washington. If Washington starts at RB and I start Waller I’m playing those two against each other and limiting my TD potential. 

I picked up Tyler Higbee on waivers this week. 35 points in the last two weeks, but that was against the worst and second worst defense against TEs. He plays Dallas this week which is the 11th worst, so it’s a decent matchup, but do I trust the Rams offense to keep him scoring in the fantasy playoffs? 

Flex

Everyone mentioned above is a flex candidate. Like I said, if Parker is back and healthy I feel like I have to give him the nod against the Giants, but I’m interested to hear cases for anyone else at the spot. 

Based on how the Eagles had issues moving the ball vs the Giants, and the bevy of injuries, the Redskins' run game will still be a factor as the Eagles will not blow them out whatsoever and since I am playing Carson Wentz in a league, I am hoping for a close game since I have both Wentz and Peterson so that both of them give me valuable production by the time the game is over, and Wentz will have to throw till the end. Hence, fire up Adrian Peterson as a flex, no doubt in my mind. All that guy does is provide valuable production but mostly on my bench, I am flexing him this week in a league.

Waller - Renfrow goes down, so Waller gets a few extra catches, but Carr still throws TD to Moreau, now Moreau has gone down after stealing a TD from Waller. Both of Carr's TD throws were to his TEs, go figure. This is the game I am sticking with Waller. Odds are high he catches a TD in this game. Higbee - I have the same concern you have. The Cowboys rush four most of the time but now that most folks know pressuring Goff is the way, they will focus on first stopping the run and then in passing situations, they will pressure Goff. Plus, Seattle LBs are old and do not move well east to west like the Cowboys' LBs, there in lies the difference, IMO in easy receptions for TEs. That explains their TE defense.

RB2 - I'd see if Patrick Laird is available, yeah that "intern" as Ryan Fitzpatrick describes him. :) , he will give you a safe floor of 10 points in standard, I firmly believe and 10-15 in half-PPR or PPR leagues. Yes, I am hoping that Josh Jacobs sits out just 1 game to make DeAndre Washington pick up in a league count. Saints also lost 2 big defensive players - Marcus Davenport at DE and Sheldon Rankins at DT, that does make them a little more vulnerable vs the run, IMO, and don't be surprised if Mack goes for 60 plus yards and a TD this game. Their run D will depend more on their second level with Von Bell at safety and Demario Davis at MLB, and I like our OL chances against their second level of defense vs their healthy front.

Giants - Slayton and Shepard will be the guys, I feel that Eli will look towards, other than Barkley. 

I hope these help you. Good luck man!!! I am in 3 leagues, and in each, in the semi-finals with a bye in all, so I have my own fingers crossed as well. :) 

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Based on how the Eagles had issues moving the ball vs the Giants, and the bevy of injuries, the Redskins' run game will still be a factor as the Eagles will not blow them out whatsoever and since I am playing Carson Wentz in a league, I am hoping for a close game since I have both Wentz and Peterson so that both of them give me valuable production by the time the game is over, and Wentz will have to throw till the end. Hence, fire up Adrian Peterson as a flex, no doubt in my mind. All that guy does is provide valuable production but mostly on my bench, I am flexing him this week in a league.

Waller - Renfrow goes down, so Waller gets a few extra catches, but Carr still throws TD to Moreau, now Moreau has gone down after stealing a TD from Waller. Both of Carr's TD throws were to his TEs, go figure. This is the game I am sticking with Waller. Odds are high he catches a TD in this game. Higbee - I have the same concern you have. The Cowboys rush four most of the time but now that most folks know pressuring Goff is the way, they will focus on first stopping the run and then in passing situations, they will pressure Goff. Plus, Seattle LBs are old and do not move well east to west like the Cowboys' LBs, there in lies the difference, IMO in easy receptions for TEs. That explains their TE defense.

RB2 - I'd see if Patrick Laird is available, yeah that "intern" as Ryan Fitzpatrick describes him. :) , he will give you a safe floor of 10 points in standard, I firmly believe and 10-15 in half-PPR or PPR leagues. Yes, I am hoping that Josh Jacobs sits out just 1 game to make DeAndre Washington pick up in a league count. Saints also lost 2 big defensive players - Marcus Davenport at DE and Sheldon Rankins at DT, that does make them a little more vulnerable vs the run, IMO, and don't be surprised if Mack goes for 60 plus yards and a TD this game. Their run D will depend more on their second level with Von Bell at safety and Demario Davis at MLB, and I like our OL chances against their second level of defense vs their healthy front.

Giants - Slayton and Shepard will be the guys, I feel that Eli will look towards, other than Barkley. 

I hope these help you. Good luck man!!! I am in 3 leagues, and in each, in the semi-finals with a bye in all, so I have my own fingers crossed as well. :) 

Laird was picked up. By my opponent this week, no less. I considered him, but... eh. Peterson and Washington were higher priorities for me. 

You’d really flex Peterson over Parker/Jones? Playing Parker is a potential matchup swing for me. My opponent is flexing Laird, so if I play Parker and he has a big game it could come at the expense is Laird. Or vice-versa.

Against top 10 run defenses Peterson has only averaged 5.8 points per game. The Eagles are a top 10...

Yeah Carr gets on my nerves the way he throws the TDs to guys with no fantasy value. 

IF Washington does start would you still start Waller with him? My gut says Higbee in that case, but against the Jags Washington may be able to make the difference up whatever way it goes. 

I’m skittish on Mack. His return was pretty unremarkable last week. That TD saved what would have otherwise been an abysmal fantasy score. I think we get down big, and fairly early and Hines takes more snaps. 

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Laird was picked up. By my opponent this week, no less. I considered him, but... eh. Peterson and Washington were higher priorities for me. 

You’d really flex Peterson over Parker/Jones? Playing Parker is a potential matchup swing for me. My opponent is flexing Laird, so if I play Parker and he has a big game it could come at the expense is Laird. Or vice-versa.

Against top 10 run defenses Peterson has only averaged 5.8 points per game. The Eagles are a top 10...

Yeah Carr gets on my nerves the way he throws the TDs to guys with no fantasy value. 

IF Washington does start would you still start Waller with him? My gut says Higbee in that case, but against the Jags Washington may be able to make the difference up whatever way it goes. 

I’m skittish on Mack. His return was pretty unremarkable last week. That TD saved what would have otherwise been an abysmal fantasy score. I think we get down big, and fairly early and Hines takes more snaps. 

If Parker is healthy, yes. But it seems like he will be in concussion protocol along with Albert Wilson till the end of this week, seems less likely to me. Laird, I feel is going to produce with a safe floor and limited ceiling no matter what, since the Giants give up tons of production to RBs but Parker will outproduce him IF he plays.

Peterson, no, not at the expense of Jones. Are you talking Julio Jones? Can you list out ALL your WR, RB, TE options? That would make it easier for me to advise.

My understanding is Hopkins, Jones, Parker, Tate for WR.

Zeke, Mack, DeAndre Washington, Peterson for RB

Higbee/Waller for TE, correct? If Gerald Everett returns, Higbee sits. Jags gave a TD to both Henry and Virgil Green last week and plenty of production to O J Howard the previous week, they are on a downward spiral. This is a push to me, between Waller and Higbee but I think Waller has less competition for targets in the middle now with both Renfrow and Moreau out. Jags have given up 7 TDs to TEs, Cowboys 5 TDs. Both have given up yards.

I also do not agree with DeAndre Washington and Waller at odds with each other for TDs. If the running game works, that is when play action and passes to TEs work. To me, in fact it helps Waller if Washington does well.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Parker is healthy, yes. But it seems like he will be in concussion protocol along with Albert Wilson till the end of this week, seems less likely to me. Laird, I feel is going to produce with a safe floor and limited ceiling no matter what, since the Giants give up tons of production to RBs but Parker will outproduce him IF he plays.

Peterson, no, not at the expense of Jones. Are you talking Julio Jones? Can you list out ALL your WR, RB, TE options? That would make it easier for me to advise.

My understanding is Hopkins, Jones, Parker, Tate for WR.

Zeke, Mack, DeAndre Washington, Peterson for RB

Higbee/Waller for TE, correct? If Gerald Everett returns, Higbee sits. Jags gave a TD to both Henry and Virgil Green last week and plenty of production to O J Howard the previous week, they are on a downward spiral. This is a push to me, between Waller and Higbee but I think Waller has less competition for targets in the middle now with both Renfrow and Moreau out. Jags have given up 7 TDs to TEs, Cowboys 5 TDs. Both have given up yards.

I also do not agree with DeAndre Washington and Waller at odds with each other for TDs. If the running game works, that is when play action and passes to TEs work. To me, in fact it helps Waller if Washington does well.

WRs: Hopkins, Julio Jones, DeVante Parker, Golden Tate

RBs: Zeke, Conner, Mack, Peterson, Jordan Howard, and Washington 

2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex league 

Honestly at this point I look at Hopkins and Parker as WR 1, and 2 for me. There’s less than 10 points difference between Parker and Jones, and had Parker not got hurt so early Sunday he could have surpassed Jones in points. Right now I plan to start Parker at WR and Jones at flex unless Parker doesn’t play. Then Jones starts at WR and I have to fill my flex as well. 

Josh Jacobs is practicing again today. It was limited, but at this point I’d be surprised to see him miss Sunday, which takes Washington off the table, making my RB decision between Mack, Conner, and Peterson. I’m not gonna cut Washington just in case, but it seems like his chances of starting Sunday are less than 25%. 

My choice at RB2 just is not a fun one. Conner has the most favorable matchup, but it’s Conner. He could literally get hurt walking onto the field and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. Mack could get gamescripted right out of the game if the Saints get up big on us and Hines comes in and takes more snaps. And Peterson has not been good at all against top 10 run defenses all year. 

Renfrow is also practicing today so there’s another strike against Waller. Everett didn’t practice for the Rams yesterday, still no word on today. But boy, that’s such a hard trigger to pull. I trust no Rams. 

Parker is still in concussion protocol today so he’s not a lock to be clear to play yet. I assume he will, so right now my big choice is what to do at RB2. 

20 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

WRs: Hopkins, Julio Jones, DeVante Parker, Golden Tate

RBs: Zeke, Conner, Mack, Peterson, Jordan Howard, and Washington 

2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex league 

Honestly at this point I look at Hopkins and Parker as WR 1, and 2 for me. There’s less than 10 points difference between Parker and Jones, and had Parker not got hurt so early Sunday he could have surpassed Jones in points. Right now I plan to start Parker at WR and Jones at flex unless Parker doesn’t play. Then Jones starts at WR and I have to fill my flex as well. 

Josh Jacobs is practicing again today. It was limited, but at this point I’d be surprised to see him miss Sunday, which takes Washington off the table, making my RB decision between Mack, Conner, and Peterson. I’m not gonna cut Washington just in case, but it seems like his chances of starting Sunday are less than 25%. 

My choice at RB2 just is not a fun one. Conner has the most favorable matchup, but it’s Conner. He could literally get hurt walking onto the field and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. Mack could get gamescripted right out of the game if the Saints get up big on us and Hines comes in and takes more snaps. And Peterson has not been good at all against top 10 run defenses all year. 

Renfrow is also practicing today so there’s another strike against Waller. Everett didn’t practice for the Rams yesterday, still no word on today. But boy, that’s such a hard trigger to pull. I trust no Rams. 

Parker is still in concussion protocol today so he’s not a lock to be clear to play yet. I assume he will, so right now my big choice is what to do at RB2. 

Is it a full PPR league or half PPR league? Bills have made some changes to their run D lately, there was a small run of games where they gave up rushing yards but now they seemed to have corrected it, I wouldn't rely on Conner, to be honest. Same with the Chargers now, I am scared of what would happen to my stud Dalvin Cook against them but thankfully, Cook is involved in the passing game.

Here is a question for you and @Narcosys :

I have the following RBs in a standard league:

Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Kareem Hunt, DeAndre Washington

Yes, it is my work league where only 6 or 7 out of the 12 are serious players, so I get waiver claims a little easier. I am thinking of sitting Mark Ingram tonight and playing Austin Ekeler mainly because :

a) I have options and b) Jets' run D is stiff and Ingram is a bit TD dependent and c) I have Lamar Jackson too, and if there is some kind of underwhelming win for the Ravens, I would not be down playing 2 key guys in a semi-final on Thursday night. My WR1 is Michael Thomas, WR2 deciding between Fuller and Slayton, leaning towards Slayton at the moment. My other QB is Drew Brees.

Thoughts???

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

My roster:

The questions:

RB

WR

TE

Flex

Hate to do it but...Conners for RB. Mack isn't in the passing script, and that's all this game will be. 

Flex: Peterson or Higbee. I'm weary of playing a player after a concussion, very susceptible to a repeat the very next week. 

I've capped myself to two leagues a year, but I too am in the Semi's in both. In one league I finished 5th, but 3rd in PF.  In another league I finished second and 1st in PF (nobody was even close to me, only team over 2,000 points). Although experience helps, seeking advice from around the internet has helped me the most. Possibly none more than this group of stellar guys in this thread.  

So I have got to say to @chad72, @Jared Cisneros, @John Waylon, @teganslaw, @Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, @CR91, @Shinobi, @runthepost, @Virtuoso80, @2006Coltsbestever, @Luck 4 president

and everyone else who participated in this thread.  I would love to see how your teams turned out, how many drafted are still on your roster (6 and 4 for my two squads, though I traded two away).  Or how about our conversations before and just after drafting. @2006Coltsbestever, howd your strategy turn out?  @chad72, @Jared Cisneros that trade we discussed on Page 2, glad I didn't after all.  Or my response to @Luck 4 president about fantasy sleepers to reach for. Only Singletary actually has panned out, Kirk and Pettis had potential, and D. Henderson...i'm embarrassed.

Either way, another great Fantasy year with you guys.:thmup:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

I've capped myself to two leagues a year, but I too am in the Semi's in both. In one league I finished 5th, but 3rd in PF.  In another league I finished second and 1st in PF (nobody was even close to me, only team over 2,000 points). Although experience helps, seeking advice from around the internet has helped me the most. Possibly none more than this group of stellar guys in this thread.  

So I have got to say to @chad72, @Jared Cisneros, @John Waylon, @teganslaw, @Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, @CR91, @Shinobi, @runthepost, @Virtuoso80, @2006Coltsbestever, @Luck 4 president

and everyone else who participated in this thread.  I would love to see how your teams turned out, how many drafted are still on your roster (6 and 4 for my two squads, though I traded two away).  Or how about our conversations before and just after drafting. @2006Coltsbestever, howd your strategy turn out?  @chad72, @Jared Cisneros that trade we discussed on Page 2, glad I didn't after all.  Or my response to @Luck 4 president about fantasy sleepers to reach for. Only Singletary actually has panned out, Kirk and Pettis had potential, and D. Henderson...i'm embarrassed.

I had a great draft in my 12 team league.

Hopkins

Mixon

Cook

Jacobs

Golladay

Godwin

Montgomery

OJ Howard

Miles Sanders

Roethlisberger

Bears Defense

Those were my first 11 picks in order. Have Josh Allen and Sam Darnold at QB. Exact same 5 rbs and same WR's. Have Hollister at TE now and I dropped the Bears DEF.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Is it a full PPR league or half PPR league? Bills have made some changes to their run D lately, there was a small run of games where they gave up rushing yards but now they seemed to have corrected it, I wouldn't rely on Conner, to be honest. Same with the Chargers now, I am scared of what would happen to my stud Dalvin Cook against them but thankfully, Cook is involved in the passing game.

Here is a question for you and @Narcosys :

I have the following RBs in a standard league:

Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Kareem Hunt, DeAndre Washington

Yes, it is my work league where only 6 or 7 out of the 12 are serious players, so I get waiver claims a little easier. I am thinking of sitting Mark Ingram tonight and playing Austin Ekeler mainly because :

a) I have options and b) Jets' run D is stiff and Ingram is a bit TD dependent and c) I have Lamar Jackson too, and if there is some kind of underwhelming win for the Ravens, I would not be down playing 2 key guys in a semi-final on Thursday night. My WR1 is Michael Thomas, WR2 deciding between Fuller and Slayton, leaning towards Slayton at the moment. My other QB is Drew Brees.

Thoughts???

If it's standard league, I would replace Ekeler with Engram. But at the same time I can understand Ekeler, both games will follow the scripts they fit. Stick with Ekeler with your reasoning. Wasn't Fuller hurt, I don't think you could trust playing him. Especially with a HUGE divisional matchup. 

Hmm, Brees against Indy is interesting. I think the Colts could keep up with the Saints more than the Jets keeping up with Baltimore. Something to think about.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I have played in the same league now for 6 years. I finally won it all last year. I have been good in other years too as I have got into the winners bracket every year = top 6 in a 12 team league. I am now going for a repeat, I have my semi final game this week. I have been lucky, as I had Luck last year and have Lamar Jackson this year. In my league a QB gets 6 points for a TD. I am worried about my WR's this year though because Edelman and Beckham have been inconsistent. I had Hopkins last year. Henry has been my workhorse this year putting up huge points. I also have had Pitts D, they have scored well for me too.

Good luck @Narcosys the rest of the way in your Semi's.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

If it's standard league, I would replace Ekeler with Engram. But at the same time I can understand Ekeler, both games will follow the scripts they fit. Stick with Ekeler with your reasoning. Wasn't Fuller hurt, I don't think you could trust playing him. Especially with a HUGE divisional matchup. 

Hmm, Brees against Indy is interesting. I think the Colts could keep up with the Saints more than the Jets keeping up with Baltimore. Something to think about.

Both safety Jamal Adams and DT Quinnen Williams are out for this game thus increasing the probability of Lamar on the ground. Yes, Brees in MNF at home has always been rock solid but Lamar’s floor is 20 points and ceiling is 30 points, do you think Brees’ floor is the same?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Made the playoffs, but lost in the first round. Still bummed about it because my team just got killed with injuries at the worst time. I lost both Connor and Mack and I unfortunately started the jags d vs the titans

Who do I start at qb? I have Wilson, Murray, and josh Allen. Wilson has been great all season until week 10, he’s had a big drop off. Allen has been hot lately but he’s going against Pittsburgh, then there is Murray vs Cleveland. I have no idea who to start and I’m going against the guy who is responsible for 2 of my losses in my 10-4 season.

1 hour ago, HectorRoberts said:

Who do I start at qb? I have Wilson, Murray, and josh Allen. Wilson has been great all season until week 10, he’s had a big drop off. Allen has been hot lately but he’s going against Pittsburgh, then there is Murray vs Cleveland. I have no idea who to start and I’m going against the guy who is responsible for 2 of my losses in my 10-4 season.

probably gotta be Wilson or Murray, and I'd lean more towards Murray.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Both safety Jamal Adams and DT Quinnen Williams are out for this game thus increasing the probability of Lamar on the ground. Yes, Brees in MNF at home has always been rock solid but Lamar’s floor is 20 points and ceiling is 30 points, do you think Brees’ floor is the same?

Did you start Engram afterall?

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

probably gotta be Wilson or Murray, and I'd lean more towards Murray.

Did you start Engram afterall?

No, I just started Lamar and left Ingram on the bench. When you have fewer options, it’s easier to make decisions and not go based on analysts warnings. Thursday night plays games with the decision making. 

Hope Ekeler comes through with a close enough performance for me to win. :( 

I still have Dalvin Cook, Fournette and Ekeler to go, my opponent has Gurley, Chubb and Mostert. I finish off with Michael Thomas on Monday Night.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

No, I just started Lamar and left Ingram on the bench. When you have fewer options, it’s easier to make decisions and not go based on analysts warnings. Thursday night plays games with the decision making. 

Hope Ekeler comes through with a close enough performance for me to win. :( 

I still have Dalvin Cook, Fournette and Ekeler to go, my opponent has Gurley, Chubb and Mostert. I finish off with Michael Thomas on Monday Night.

After Lamar, i don't think you have anything to worry about. I know I don't, I'm losing it because of him.

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

After Lamar, i don't think you have anything to worry about. I know I don't, I'm losing it because of him.

He has Russell Wilson, I anticipate a run show with a TD or two vs Panthers passing from RW. 

I have a feeling it will come down to Michael Thomas on MNF vs his Saints D which is missing Davenport and Sheldon Rankins. 

Like you said, with Lamar beating his projections by about 15 points, I have a decent cushion and hope it continues before MNF comes around.

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He has Russell Wilson, I anticipate a run show with a TD or two vs Panthers passing from RW. 

I have a feeling it will come down to Michael Thomas on MNF vs his Saints D which is missing Davenport and Sheldon Rankins. 

Like you said, with Lamar beating his projections by about 15 points, I have a decent cushion and hope it continues before MNF comes around.

Ya, I need 30-36 points from J. Winston in order to stand a chance. Then my WRs (Adams and Thomas) should outscore his (Robinson & Cooper).  Hopefully my RBs (Laird, Cook, Hunt) can keep pace with his (Elliot, Barkley, Ekeler), while I feel good about my Waller vs Doyle TE matchup. Wildcard is his SF Defense and I started Ravens (12pts) over the Steelers vs Buffalo.

35 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, I need 30-36 points from J. Winston in order to stand a chance. Then my WRs (Adams and Thomas) should outscore his (Robinson & Cooper).  Hopefully my RBs (Laird, Cook, Hunt) can keep pace with his (Elliot, Barkley, Ekeler), while I feel good about my Waller vs Doyle TE matchup. Wildcard is his SF Defense and I started Ravens (12pts) over the Steelers vs Buffalo.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Jameis Winston is still only gripping a tennis ball and at best, would be playing through pain. 

Ravens underwhelmed last night. They let Sam Darnold march up and down. They do give production to slot WRs, so Edelman, Deebo Samuel, Crowder all got production on them. 

The special teams blocked punt TD for Jets hurt the Ravens' D as well.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Jameis Winston is still only gripping a tennis ball and at best, would be playing through pain. 

Ravens underwhelmed last night. They let Sam Darnold march up and down. They do give production to slot WRs, so Edelman, Deebo Samuel, Crowder all got production on them. 

The special teams blocked punt TD for Jets hurt the Ravens' D as well.

Ya, either going to grab Fitzmagic or Rivers.

With the being said,  I'm starting Laird and hunt,  but should I start Slayton over Hunt?

59 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, either going to grab Fitzmagic or Rivers.

With the being said,  I'm starting Laird and hunt,  but should I start Slayton over Hunt?

Alshon Jeffrey 20 plus, Robby Anderson 20 plus, has been the tally for WRs in Half-PPR leagues vs Dolphins in weeks 13 and 14 for outside wide outs, Slayton is a very good play, IMO. X factor is Eli.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alshon Jeffrey 20 plus, Robby Anderson 20 plus, has been the tally for WRs in Half-PPR leagues vs Dolphins in weeks 13 and 14 for outside wide outs, Slayton is a very good play, IMO. X factor is Eli.

Ya, I probably need the upside at this point. 

14 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

Wilson because he just lost. He will be on a mission this week.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wilson because he just lost. He will be on a mission this week.

Wilson is the safe bet but he isn’t playing the Bucs or Steelers or Ravens run D, it’s the Panthers Swiss cheese run D. The Seahawks love to run a lot but then RW will probably be very efficient throwing TDs because of the run too, hard to predict.

Cardinals, by virtue of having a putrid D overall, will be playing from behind a lot and Murray has been rushing more from QB spot than RW.

Jordan Howard just ruled out - so it’s Miles Sanders and Boston Scott vs a shaky Redskins run D.

Do I pick up Boston Scott for my half PPR ESPN league where I have Adrian Peterson going in one of 2 Flex spots? Or I have Breshaud Perriman and O J Howard? Do I play one of them? 

I actually think Boston Scott is going to be the trendy waiver pick up after this game and his opportunities are going to be good because of Eagles’ injuries to pass catchers.

Also, Wentz vs Redskims or Baker at Arizona??

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @CR91

Either one would be fine, but I would  go with  Baker Mayfield .  It's a good matchup, and I don't have much faith in Wentz and Eagles receivers. He struggled on MNF, and this is another division game, where Washington could be spoiler in the NFC East. 

I like Perriman; he got a lot of snaps in the last game due to Evans being out. Winston's injury needs to be monitored, though. 

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Jordan Howard just ruled out - so it’s Miles Sanders and Boston Scott vs a shaky Redskins run D.

Do I pick up Boston Scott for my half PPR ESPN league where I have Adrian Peterson going in one of 2 Flex spots? Or I have Breshaud Perriman and O J Howard? Do I play one of them? 

I actually think Boston Scott is going to be the trendy waiver pick up after this game and his opportunities are going to be good because of Eagles’ injuries to pass catchers.

Also, Wentz vs Redskims or Baker at Arizona??

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @CR91

Those are all tough.

Think I'd go wentz. Not sure on the Bucs receiving unit. Could be safer to go Scott 

Should I stick with Waller vs Jax or pick up I. Thomas vs sea?

12 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Those are all tough.

Think I'd go wentz. Not sure on the Bucs receiving unit. Could be safer to go Scott 

Should I stick with Waller vs Jax or pick up I. Thomas vs sea?

Sorry, saw this late. CMC caps a lot of ceilings in Carolina but since I’ve got him in a league, I’ll take it, hope you played Waller. I had Higbee and he did just as well as Waller did.

I saw Wentz had 22:7 TD:INT ratio and then Baker’s 15:16 ratio and my decision was made. I’m also glad I went with Perriman last moment since my opponent had the Vikings D and Nick Chubb.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I won by 30 points this week, i am in the finals again. 1 more win and I get repeat. what is up with this site and the typing lag? This is awful.

Nice job! I had to face Lamar Jackson in the semifinals. I'm currently up by 17.2 points and my opponent has pascal left. 1 point ppr, it'll be close!

• Like 1