Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

@chad72  @Jared Cisneros

My two Defenses in my money league: Which weeks do you play which team, or try to find another?

PIT               BAL

Wk13:    CLE              SF

Wk14:    @ARI          @BUF

Wk15:    BUF             NYJ

Wk16:    @NYJ          @CLE

Best Available for each week:

Wk13:  LAC @Den, PHI @Mia, GB @NYG

Wk14: PHI vs NYG, GB VS Was, HOU vs Den, IND @TB

Wk15: KC vs Den, PHI @Was, NYG vs MIA

Wk16: CIN @Mia, MIA vs Cin, NYG @TB, Was vs NYG

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72  @Jared Cisneros

My two Defenses in my money league: Which weeks do you play which team, or try to find another?

PIT               BAL

I like to evaluate defenses weekly. Everyone is going to advise Philly over the Dolphins because the Dolphins are the low hanging fruit. But I went back and looked and over the last 4 games the Dolphins have averaged only 8 points to defenses. (6, 8, 8, 10)

The Broncos have averaged slightly less than that. (4, 5, 7, 13)

The Giants, however, seem to be a prime matchup for defenses. In the last 4 they have given up an average of 12.25 points to defenses. (4, 11, 16, 18). Barkley is hurt, Jones is struggling, the Packers need a comeback game... I think you go Packers. 

I’m going to start them and sit the 49ers this week. 

• Like 1

Well. I need a RB. Conner is projected to be out this week and I’m not sure I would want to play him if he is.

Here are my options and thoughts, and some bonus strategy:

Damien Williams

He’s a starter. When he’s not hurt. But even still, KC RBs are not a fun situation. 

Benny Snell

Oh bother. More Steelers. My traditional wisdom says he’s an automatic add. My disgust with the Steelers says Samuels will run 40 times for 397 yards and 4 TDs this week while Snell sells popcorn in the stands because it’s a new way for the Steelers to screw me over. 

Bonus Strategy

A friend said he would drop Jamaal Williams if I can get into the top 5 of the waiver order. I’m currently 9th or 10th. That means I’d have to forgo making claims on either of the two above listed FAs and hope someone else moves below me. Now at first this seems like the best option. Certainly the most upside. Except: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/26/matt-lafleur-we-definitely-need-to-involve-aaron-jones-more/

That seems to tell me that Williams usage is about to drop. So I’m weary. 

My brain says Snell, but my gut evacuates at the thought of more Steelers... any ideas?

32 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I like to evaluate defenses weekly. Everyone is going to advise Philly over the Dolphins because the Dolphins are the low hanging fruit. But I went back and looked and over the last 4 games the Dolphins have averaged only 8 points to defenses. (6, 8, 8, 10)

The Broncos have averaged slightly less than that. (4, 5, 7, 13)

The Giants, however, seem to be a prime matchup for defenses. In the last 4 they have given up an average of 12.25 points to defenses. (4, 11, 16, 18). Barkley is hurt, Jones is struggling, the Packers need a comeback game... I think you go Packers. 

I’m going to start them and sit the 49ers this week. 

I don't know. There was a streak where Daniel Jones was fumbling the ball away and they gave up 3 defensive TDs in a row (Lions, Cowboys, Jets). Then they had the bye week and played another good defense in the Bears, they did not turn it over as much. It is very possible the point of emphasis during the bye week was to protect the ball. 

Then, come the Eagles. Following their bye week, they played the Patriots and Seahawks. Everyone said fire up Tom Brady and fire up Russell Wilson against the lousy Eagles secondary. Guess what, 17 points to both those offenses. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and I am definitely leaning Eagles based on their recent body of work vs 2 elite QBs. 

You may very well be right but I think both of them produce the same, IMO. Eagles do blitz more and are more aggressive and they stop the run better than the Packers, so Fitz will have to throw much more and that spells a lot of bad things, IMO. 

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well. I need a RB. Conner is projected to be out this week and I’m not sure I would want to play him if he is.

Damien Williams

He’s a starter. When he’s not hurt. But even still, KC RBs are not a fun situation. 

Benny Snell

Oh bother. More Steelers. My traditional wisdom says he’s an automatic add. My disgust with the Steelers says Samuels will run 40 times for 397 yards and 4 TDs this week while Snell sells popcorn in the stands because it’s a new way for the Steelers to screw me over. 

Bonus Strategy

A friend said he would drop Jamaal Williams if I can get into the top 5 of the waiver order. I’m currently 9th or 10th. That means I’d have to forgo making claims on either of the two above listed FAs and hope someone else moves below me. Now at first this seems like the best option. Certainly the most upside. Except: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/26/matt-lafleur-we-definitely-need-to-involve-aaron-jones-more/

My brain says Snell, but my gut evacuates at the thought of more Steelers... any ideas?

Is that collusion? :) 

Anyways, last week, I was bearish on Samuels, you remember me saying that, don't you?? This week, I am bullish on Snell. 

Damien Williams, I am an owner too and he lost me a key game on MNF when he went out with a rib injury, I lost by less than 2 pts that he could have easily given me if he stayed healthy, and that would have given me a bye week. I wouldn't be objective in my advice about him but I do think the extra rest and playing the reeling Raiders would be a good one week play for him but beyond that, I cannot tell you.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72  @Jared Cisneros

PIT               BAL

I'd go Eagles. 

38 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Damien Williams

Benny Snell

Bonus Strategy

Samuels has never been a true RB. He was traditionally a TE in college I believe.  Once they got Snells going, Samuels was doomed.  I don't think Samuel's will take back over. He's purely a pass catching/3rd down back. As long as conners is out, Snells has proven to be the workhorse. 

Yeah I don’t think either the Eagles or the Packers will blow up as a play this week, I just see a little more upside to the Packers. 

The Steelers have been colluding against me since I drafted Conner. I’d like to think of this as being rewarded. (For being too dumb to trade Conner.)

I suppose I will put the claim in on Snell. And hope for the best.  And expect the worst. Because the Steelers have pounded me into submission and hopelessness over this RB spot. 

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya I probably won't get them cause I'm broke,  but if I don't I think I'll go GB.

What do think week to week?

For me personally like I said, I like to evaluate on a week to week basis. Philly Vs. Washington looks good right now, but I want to see what Washington does before I throw the chips down on that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Ya I probably won't get them cause I'm broke,  but if I don't I think I'll go GB.

What do think week to week?

Sounds good. 

GB for weeks 13 and 14 if that is who you end up with. KC is a sneaky play for week 15 vs Broncos. NYG is a sneaky play for weeks 15 and 16 as well but I would see how they fare vs GB first as a defense, if they have improved any and if they are getting sacks or turnovers. Just take it 1-2 weeks tops at a time. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Sounds good. 

GB for weeks 13 and 14 if that is who you end up with. KC is a sneaky play for week 15 vs Broncos. NYG is a sneaky play for weeks 15 and 16 as well but I would see how they fare vs GB first as a defense, if they have improved any and if they are getting sacks or turnovers. Just take it 1-2 weeks tops at a time. 

Don't like the Steelers or the Ravens for any weeks?

Don't like the Steelers or the Ravens for any weeks?

Oh well, I obviously missed that important part. :( 

You don’t need any other D, just use Ravens and Steelers. Home to Cleveland for Pitt, at Buffalo for Ravens, home to Jets and at Jets is how I’d play it.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Oh well, I obviously missed that important part. :( 

You don’t need any other D, just use Ravens and Steelers. Home to Cleveland for Pitt, at Buffalo for Ravens, home to Jets and at Jets is how I’d play it.

Cleveland has done well against both,  idk of it was a fluke,  and the jets with Darnold are scoring now. 

Cleveland has done well against both,  idk of it was a fluke,  and the jets with Darnold are scoring now. 

The Jets haven’t played any real good team and as far as their win vs the Raiders, The Raiders are 1-4 on the road with their only win against the Colts. Cleveland, their OL is more legit. I might look for Eagles to swap but then, it’s the revenge game for The Steelers after that fiasco on Thursday night, they may be more motivated.

• Like 1

My line up at my work league where I am the #1 seed:

QB: Lamar Jackson, Drew Brees

WRs: Michael Thomas, D.J.Chark, Alshon Jeffrey, Will Fuller

RBs: Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, Leonard Fournette, Austin Ekeler, Alexander Mattison

TEs: Darren Waller, Jacob Hollister

DEF: Packers

K: Jake Elliott

The bolded is my line up for Week 13. Here is my question for you. I want to make sure I have my handcuffs. I felt Alexander Mattison was the most valuable handcuff. Do I need anyone else since I do not see Gus Edwards or Armstead as handcuffs with upside?

@Narcosys @John Waylon @Jared Cisneros @CR91

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

RBs: Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram, Leonard Fournette, Austin Ekeler, Alexander Mattison

The bolded is my line up for Week 13. Here is my question for you. I want to make sure I have my handcuffs. I felt Alexander Mattison was the most valuable handcuff. Do I need anyone else since I do not see Gus Edwards or Armstead as handcuffs with upside?

What in the absolute ....?!?

How did you luck or weasel into that roster?

Looks good to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

What in the absolute ....?!?

How did you luck or weasel into that roster?

Looks good to me.

I drafted Michael Thomas, Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Lamar Jackson, Alshon Jeffrey in that order. I picked up Chark and Waller off waivers and someone dropped Brees after his injury, so I picked him up because I have a running QB that you never know what may happen. I was picking 9th out of 12.

Only 6-8 out of 12 teams play hard in my work league, I have to get the others motivated by giving them help to pick players in order to keep their enthusiasm going so that the work league lives on. :) Of course, the help I gave came during later weeks after I had picked up all I needed to, LOL. 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I drafted Michael Thomas, Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Lamar Jackson, Alshon Jeffrey in that order. I picked up Chark and Waller off waivers and someone dropped Brees after his injury, so I picked him up because I have a running QB that you never know what may happen. I was picking 9th out of 12.

Only 6-8 out of 12 teams play hard in my work league, I have to get the others motivated by giving them help to pick players in order to keep their enthusiasm going so that the work league lives on. :) Of course, the help I gave came during later weeks after I had picked up all I needed to, LOL. 

Fournette lasted to the end of the 3rd round?! HOW!  Same with Ingram in the 4th. 

The RB position was thin, how they lasted so long is amazing. I got Cook in the 2nd round like you after Elliot, drafting from 5th position. 

Full PPR:

QB: Darnold @Cinci, Winston @Jax

RB: Elliot vs Buf, Cook @Seattle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: DJ Moore vs Wsh, OBJ @Pit, Hopkins vs NE, Gallup vs Buf, Tate vs GB, Crowder @Cinci

TE: Ertz

D: Patriots @Hou, Ravens vs SF

Half PPR:

QB: Darnold, Winston

RB: Cook, Hunt @Pit, Snell vs Cle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: Thomas @Atl, Adams @NYG, Diggs @Sea, Tyrell Williams @KC, Tate vs GB

TE: Waller

D: Steelers vs CLE, Ravens vs SF

We've already discussed the defenses, but Jack Doyle is available on waivers in both leagues. However his only good matchup that is better than Waller is vs TB next week. After that, its NO and Carolina which is no better matchup than Wallers Jax and Chargers.

In the Half PPR, I could re-pick up Jaylen Samuels, rostering both Snells and Samuels. Guice is also available against the Panthers. Would probably drop Williams. He did have near 13 points against Cleveland last time, but he is only a play if we expect the Steelers to play from behind. 

Fournette lasted to the end of the 3rd round?! HOW!  Same with Ingram in the 4th. 

The RB position was thin, how they lasted so long is amazing. I got Cook in the 2nd round like you after Elliot, drafting from 5th position. 

Yep, that’s how it happened at my work draft. I got a C+ for my draft recap then. I got Ingram in Round 4 in 3 different drafts and haven’t regretted it one bit. My biggest regret is Damien Williams in Round 2 in one of the drafts but I could not have foreseen the LeSean McCoy signing happening a week later.

• Like 1

Full PPR:

WR: DJ Moore vs Wsh, OBJ @Pit, Hopkins vs NE, Gallup vs Buf, Tate vs GB, Crowder @Cinci

Half PPR:

We've already discussed the defenses, but Jack Doyle is available on waivers in both leagues. However his only good matchup that is better than Waller is vs TB next week. After that, its NO and Carolina which is no better matchup than Wallers Jax and Chargers.

In the Half PPR, I could re-pick up Jaylen Samuels, rostering both Snells and Samuels. Guice is also available against the Panthers. Would probably drop Williams. He did have near 13 points against Cleveland last time, but he is only a play if we expect the Steelers to play from behind. 

Renfrow broke his ribs and he stole a lot of seam catches and slot catches that Carr loves from Waller. Fire up Waller moving forward without hesitation. 

• Like 1

I think you’re good there. It’s a safe bet. Obviously it’s one of those things that you’ll look back on with hindsight if the situation calls for it, but right now I think it’s just the safest bet. 

Full PPR:

Half PPR:

Honestly I think I’d go with Darnold over Winston. Darnold is hot right now, and the Bengals aren’t going to hurt him. 

.5 PPR

QB: Watson 

WR: Hopkins, Jones

RB: Zeke, Snell/Conner 

Flex: 

K: Gonzalez 

DST: NYJ

Bench: Devante Parker, Golden Tate, Marquise Brown, Sterling Shepard, Damien Williams, 49ers DST

I really NEED the win this weekend. 

Here are the variables:

Julio Jones has yet to practice this week after his injury Sunday. He hasn’t caught a TD since week 3, and he’s only averaging 11.33 points a game. I’m worried he’s not 100% but they are gonna put him out there as a decoy. If he winds up being inactive I’ll start Russell Gage in his place. Should I consider benching him tomorrow even if he does play? Right now Parker is my penciled in Flex but I could move him to WR and start someone else at Flex... I’m really torn with Jones. 

I’m going to start Snell. Unless Conner plays. Then I’m not starting either. I’ll start Williams. They already rushed Conner back once and if he plays this week he will likely be on a pitch count of some kind. 

I need the win this week. I’m in 3rd playing 7th, but I only have one win on him. I have a game on 4th-7th, but they have me on points. If I fall back into their record range I’m pretty well out of contention to get in on points tiebreakers. (Yahoo doing away with head to head win tiebreakers in favor of points has me incensed this season.)

55 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

.5 PPR

QB: Watson 

WR: Hopkins, Jones

RB: Zeke, Snell/Conner 

Flex: 

K: Gonzalez 

DST: NYJ

Bench: Devante Parker, Golden Tate, Marquise Brown, Sterling Shepard, Damien Williams, 49ers DST

I really NEED the win this weekend. 

Here are the variables:

Julio Jones has yet to practice this week after his injury Sunday. He hasn’t caught a TD since week 3, and he’s only averaging 11.33 points a game. I’m worried he’s not 100% but they are gonna put him out there as a decoy. If he winds up being inactive I’ll start Russell Gage in his place. Should I consider benching him tomorrow even if he does play? Right now Parker is my penciled in Flex but I could move him to WR and start someone else at Flex... I’m really torn with Jones. 

I’m going to start Snell. Unless Conner plays. Then I’m not starting either. I’ll start Williams. They already rushed Conner back once and if he plays this week he will likely be on a pitch count of some kind. 

I need the win this week. I’m in 3rd playing 7th, but I only have one win on him. I have a game on 4th-7th, but they have me on points. If I fall back into their record range I’m pretty well out of contention to get in on points tiebreakers. (Yahoo doing away with head to head win tiebreakers in favor of points has me incensed this season.)

I'd say go ahead and pick up Gage and drop Sterling, Tate will most likely play, I feel. Dolphins are always trailing, hence Parker gives you a good floor, IMO. 

If Julio cannot go - Hopkins, Parker at WR, and play Zeke, Damien Williams, and Snell. If Conner goes, I'd play him this time. Steelers will be more motivated this time. The last time Devlin Hodges started, Conner went off vs the Chargers on SNF. I also know that my luck in FF always requires me outscoring someone, never being able to count on my opponents underachieving. I am going against Conner/Snell this week. Bet on my fantasy luck over several years and play Conner, I am very honest here. :) 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Renfrow broke his ribs and he stole a lot of seam catches and slot catches that Carr loves from Waller. Fire up Waller moving forward without hesitation. 

Curious as to your reasoning in three selections at WR in the full ppr.  Tate may not play,  was thinking of starting Moore, ODB, and Hopkins. 

And the RB WR position in half.  Why sit Diggs and Hunt?

23 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Curious as to your reasoning in three selections at WR in the full ppr.  Tate may not play,  was thinking of starting Moore, ODB, and Hopkins. 

And the RB WR position in half.  Why sit Diggs and Hunt?

Full PPR:

QB: Darnold @Cinci, Winston @Jax

RB: Elliot vs Buf, Cook @Seattle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: DJ Moore vs Wsh, OBJ @Pit, Hopkins vs NE, Gallup vs Buf, Tate vs GB, Crowder @Cinci

D: Patriots @Hou, Ravens vs SF

Half PPR:

QB: Darnold, Winston

RB: Cook, Hunt @Pit, Snell vs Cle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: Thomas @Atl, Adams @NYG, Diggs @Sea, Tyrell Williams @KC, Tate vs GB

D: Steelers vs CLE, Ravens vs SF

Sorry, I apologize, I was in the middle of work and skimmed through hastily. After further review, this is what I have. OBJ is just not a good play, he is going to go back to WR3 territory this week with Landry being played 1-on-1 and Fitzpatrick providing help on OBJ's side. I have a feeling Hopkins is going to out jump Gilmore for a few balls, and maybe even a TD this week. 

• Like 1

Full PPR:

QB: Darnold @Cinci, Winston @Jax

RB: Elliot vs Buf, Cook @Seattle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: DJ Moore vs Wsh, OBJ @Pit, Hopkins vs NE, Gallup vs Buf, Tate vs GB, Crowder @Cinci

D: Patriots @Hou, Ravens vs SF

Half PPR:

QB: Darnold, Winston

RB: Cook, Hunt @Pit, Snell vs Cle, Mattison, Pollard

WR: Thomas @Atl, Adams @NYG, Diggs @Sea, Tyrell Williams @KC, Tate vs GB

D: Steelers vs CLE, Ravens vs SF

Sorry, I apologize, I was in the middle of work and skimmed through hastily. After further review, this is what I have. OBJ is just not a good play, he is going to go back to WR3 territory this week with Landry being played 1-on-1 and Fitzpatrick providing help on OBJ's side. I have a feeling Hopkins is going to out jump Gilmore for a few balls, and maybe even a TD this week. 

Np,

Would you start Scarborough over Hunt?

21 hours ago, Narcosys said:

What do you see with cook? Not finding anything but "chest" online but he popped up with a "Q" tag.

It’s still a long way from MNF, whole Seattle offense got only a limited practice in.

Here’s one for you, with JuJu ruled out, and Chris Carson going against Vikes that I do not like, would you play James Washington over Carson at home?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It’s still a long way from MNF, whole Seattle offense got only a limited practice in.

Here’s one for you, with JuJu ruled out, and Chris Carson going against Vikes that I do not like, would you play James Washington over Carson at home?

I think Washington has the higher upside.  How much risk can you afford?

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think Washington has the higher upside.  How much risk can you afford?

My roster is Wentz, Ingram, LeVeon Bell, Michael Thomas (who underachieved last night), Alston Jeffrey, Chris Carson and Jacob Hollister, Eagles D with Will Fuller, James Washington and Ryan Griffin on the bench.

I am going against RW, Benny Snell, Matt Breida, Lockett, Allen Robinson (who overachieved), Kelce, Waller, and Lions D (that underwhelmed considerably).

Thoughts??? On one hand, I want to steal from my opponent using his RB, on the other hand because of the matchup, I’m thinking there could be a case of push at worst between James Washington and Chris Carson with Washington offering more upside. However, could Washington bust with Hodges? Because JuJu is out, I feel he has a safe floor.

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

My roster is Wentz, Ingram, LeVeon Bell, Michael Thomas (who underachieved last night), Alston Jeffrey, Chris Carson and Jacob Hollister, Eagles D with Will Fuller, James Washington and Ryan Griffin on the bench.

I am going against RW, Benny Snell, Matt Breida, Lockett, Allen Robinson (who overachieved), Kelce, Waller, and Lions D (that underwhelmed considerably).

Thoughts??? On one hand, I want to steal from my opponent using his RB, on the other hand because of the matchup, I’m thinking there could be a case of push at worst between James Washington and Chris Carson with Washington offering more upside. However, could Washington bust with Hodges? Because JuJu is out, I feel he has a safe floor.

Hodges could be an upgrade over Rudolph and he clearly connected with Washington.  

Carson for floor, Washington for ceiling. I think your matchup is a push. 

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Hodges could be an upgrade over Rudolph and he clearly connected with Washington.  

Carson for floor, Washington for ceiling. I think your matchup is a push. 

James Washington played vs Browns 2 weeks ago but with Mason Rudolph and had 3 catches for 49 yards. Like you said, it could be a push and I’ll go with Carson who’ll be playing with a chip because of the fumble issue, IMO.

So I can essentially choose the team I want next week for the first round of the playoffs.  What's your take on these two teams? Bolding their likely lineup. 

Team 1

QB: R. Wilson @ LAR

RB: J.  Jacobs vs Ten, Gurley vs Sea, Gordon @ Jax, Freeman vs Car

WR: ODB vs Cin, Sutton @Hou, Metcalf @LAR, D. Samuel @NO, 

TE: Kittle @No, Brate vs Ind

D/ST: NYJ vs Mia, Oak vs Ten

Team 2:

QB: Tannehill @Oak, Brisset @TB, M. Ryan vs Car

RB: Chubb vs Cin, Ingram @Buf, Carson @LAR, Singletary vs Bal

WR: D. Moore @Atl, Lockett @LAR, K. Allen @Jax, J. Brown vs Bal,

TE: Hooper vs Car, Cook vs SF

D/ST: GB vs Was