Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Sorry, saw this late. CMC caps a lot of ceilings in Carolina but since I’ve got him in a league, I’ll take it, hope you played Waller. I had Higbee and he did just as well as Waller did.

I saw Wentz had 22:7 TD:INT ratio and then Baker’s 15:16 ratio and my decision was made. I’m also glad I went with Perriman last moment since my opponent had the Vikings D and Nick Chubb.

It didn't matter who I played. Cook went down, and he had L. Jackson, Elliot, and Barkley, and A. Robinson.  I've got Thomas left and he has doyle with a 40 point lead. Even if I had played Hunt over Laird and Waller over Thomas, it only gives me an additional 18 points, still leaving Thomas to overcome 22 points plus what Doyle does. Highly unlikely. Looking towards next week now.

RB: Mack vs Car, Laird vs Cinci, Hunt vs Bal, Cook (Likely Out), Mattison (Q) vs GB, (Trying to pick up Boone to replace Cook and Mattison)

WR: Adams @Min, Thomas @Tenn, Diggs vs GB, Slayton @Was, Pascal vs Car

Def: Steelers @Jets, Ravens @Cle

On 12/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, Narcosys said:

I've capped myself to two leagues a year, but I too am in the Semi's in both. In one league I finished 5th, but 3rd in PF.  In another league I finished second and 1st in PF (nobody was even close to me, only team over 2,000 points). Although experience helps, seeking advice from around the internet has helped me the most. Possibly none more than this group of stellar guys in this thread.  

So I have got to say to @chad72, @Jared Cisneros, @John Waylon, @teganslaw, @Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, @CR91, @Shinobi, @runthepost, @Virtuoso80, @2006Coltsbestever, @Luck 4 president

and everyone else who participated in this thread.  I would love to see how your teams turned out, how many drafted are still on your roster (6 and 4 for my two squads, though I traded two away).  Or how about our conversations before and just after drafting. @2006Coltsbestever, howd your strategy turn out?  @chad72, @Jared Cisneros that trade we discussed on Page 2, glad I didn't after all.  Or my response to @Luck 4 president about fantasy sleepers to reach for. Only Singletary actually has panned out, Kirk and Pettis had potential, and D. Henderson...i'm embarrassed.

Either way, another great Fantasy year with you guys.:thmup:

I did 4 teams as I usually do. 

8-6

9-5

3-10 (hardest luck team I’ve ever had.)

8-6

My main team (two 10 team leagues that do an 8 team side playoff) has been an odyssey. Of 15 drafted only two remain. My draft looked alright in mid-August when we started. 

James Conner

Julio Jones

Joe Mixon

Kerryon Johnson

Tyler Lockett

Baker Mayfield

AJ Green

Vance McDonald

Sammy Watkins

Jordan Howard

Dante Pettis

LeSean McCoy

DK Metcalf

Ka’imi Fairbairn

Colts DST

I traded Mixon, Johnson, Lockett, Green, Watkins, and McCoy. 

Jordan Howard and I also did the fantasy “around the world”. I drafted him, I cut him, I traded for him, I traded him, and I picked him up on waivers. 

My likely final roster will be:

DeShaun Watson

Deandre Hopkins

Julio Jones

DeVante Parker

Golden Tate 

Ezekiel Elliot

Marlon Mack

James Conner

Jordan Howard

Adrian Peterson 

Zane Gonzalez 

San Francisco DST

Tyler Higbee*

DeAndre Washington*

(Denotes waiver bait this week)

Had my best week of the season yesterday with 150+ points. My opponent in my conference playoff was also my opponent in our overall playoff and the guy hit the skids. Currently leading 144.62 to 30.10 and he has Brees and Kamara left to play while I have Mack, so it’s a safe bet I’ll move on to the conference and league Championship games.

—————

My 9-5 team is a has been alright. I’ve used Brady at QB most of the season. The Patriots defense has helped it. Just a public league team, haven’t had much action with it outside of waivers. Still have 7/15 drafted. Lost 3 more drafted to IR. 

Just ran up on the wrong team at the wrong time this week in the playoffs. Guy started Crowder, Elliot, Carson, Jones and Buffalo for just under 130 combined points. I’m doing the job to him 117.72 to 180.12. 

The really bad part about losing to this guy is that he tried to rig this public league. There is a team in our league with the name Ekejfjfgj jukfkdkkfx, and the day before the trade deadline that team tried to trade my opponent Lamar Jackson, Stefon Diggs, Le’Veon Bell, and DK Metcalf for Julio Jones. Well I wasn’t about to let that go down so I started sending bogus trade offers to the active teams in the league and in the notes telling them to go vote against it. It worked, the trade was voted down. But I won that battle only to lose the war. :grumpy2:

—————

My other 8-6 team was an alright draft. This team is marred by the transaction of dropping Cooper Kupp for John Ross after week 2. I don’t know how it happened exactly, maybe I selected the wrong player and wasn’t paying attention, I honestly have no idea. I’ve been trying not to think about it since the horror of seeing the notification at 5AM on the Wednesday is processed. 

I got the highest draft grade of the league, but it is just a middling team. I did manage to make the playoffs as the 4th seed and have won my matchup so I’m going to the championship, but I think I’m dead in the water. I should have been this week, but you know...

——————— 

My 3-10 team. The little team that could. Not. At all.

The draft didn’t take place in time to play week 1 games, but seeing how my season went I ain’t even mad. The draft was actually solid. Barkley, Kittle, Mack, Melvin Gordon... I drafted first and there was a spot in the middle rounds where I had 3 picks on my list to pick and I fully expected to get at least two of those three, and wouldn’t you just know they went in the three picks before mine. It was a precursor for that team. Even when they had good weeks and scored 130 points I still got beat. By far the worst, hardest luck team I’ve ever had. 

My record in championship games is bad. Really bad. I want to say like 3 or 4 wins and double digit losses. Probably close to 20 losses through the years. It’s just always been a bad week for me so I don’t expect big things from my 3 title matchups this week, especially after my main team hung 150 this week. 

• Like 1

So I’ve touched on this before, but my main league is 20 teams. We have two leagues of 10 because no one wants to shrink roster sizes to fit us all in one league. We did 14 teams with a 3 WR, 2 RB, no flex roster in 2017 and it was the drizzling %s. The waiver wire was nothing but players who shouldn’t even be rostered, there were 6 competitive teams, and you know who the two championship teams were and which one was going to win by week 6. Just not a fun league. The next year we had quite a few (myself included) who threatened to quit under those circumstances for another season. They didn’t want to reduce roster sizes, so I came up with the idea to just have two leagues under one umbrella. Call them conferences and run our own side playoffs with the top 8 teams. 

It’s worked well. 

This year I’m advancing to the League Championship. My opponent is from the other conference and we have some roster similarities. 

We both have DeShaun Watson and Julio Jones. 

Her team fleshes out with: 

(Current Week 15 starters)

Deebo Samuel 
Mark Ingram

Aaron Jones
Kenyan Drake

Jared Cook

Matt Gay

Rams DST

Her bench is:

Tyrell Williams

Mike Evans

Vance McDonald

Jameis Winston

David Johnson

Darius Slayton

My team is Watson and Jones and fleshes out with:

(and I’m projecting this to be my Week 16 lineup as well.)

Hopkins

Zeke

Mack

Devante Parker

Darrin Waller

Zane Gonzalez

49ers DST

Bench:

Golden Tate

Jordan Howard

James Conner 
DeAndre Washington 

Adrian Peterson

Tyler Higbee

So obviously if we both start Watson and Jones whatever we score cancels out and our matchup will be decided by the rest of our rosters. 

I don’t really love my backs against Ingram and Jones. Zeke plays the Eagles, and while Mack has a nice matchup against the Panthers, I’m worried his ceiling is low the way we get other backs in and out of the game. Peterson has a decent matchup against the Giants, and Conner has a “do not touch” matchup against the Jets. Howard may play may not. I don’t think it wise to trust him in this scenario either way. 

Obviously Hopkins and Parker out-do her remaining WRs, I feel good there. 

Drake at flex isn’t a frightening matchup, but after yesterday’s Herculean 4TD effort... Oy. 

My purpose for writing and lining all of this out is this:

Do I give any kind of consideration to starting someone other than Watson and Jones, and try to make up some points on her that way?

It’s a super risky play. Watson has the Bucs and they bleed points to QBs. Jones has the Jags and they are a tougher matchup, but he’s also the only real receiving threat on that team right now. Hooper hasn’t been the same since his injury. And Jones is coming off a huge game against a top defense. 

My gut says to stick with Watson and Jones, but I’m curious to hear input. 

The third option is subterfuge. I should try to talk HER into starting someone other than Watson or Jones in our big FB group chat that is active daily. Which actually isn’t as dumb and impossible as it sounds, she’s from Australia and doesn’t always make the best decisions with her roster.  :D

On 12/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, Narcosys said:

I've capped myself to two leagues a year, but I too am in the Semi's in both. In one league I finished 5th, but 3rd in PF.  In another league I finished second and 1st in PF (nobody was even close to me, only team over 2,000 points). Although experience helps, seeking advice from around the internet has helped me the most. Possibly none more than this group of stellar guys in this thread.  

So I have got to say to @chad72, @Jared Cisneros, @John Waylon, @teganslaw, @Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers, @CR91, @Shinobi, @runthepost, @Virtuoso80, @2006Coltsbestever, @Luck 4 president

and everyone else who participated in this thread.  I would love to see how your teams turned out, how many drafted are still on your roster (6 and 4 for my two squads, though I traded two away).  Or how about our conversations before and just after drafting. @2006Coltsbestever, howd your strategy turn out?  @chad72, @Jared Cisneros that trade we discussed on Page 2, glad I didn't after all.  Or my response to @Luck 4 president about fantasy sleepers to reach for. Only Singletary actually has panned out, Kirk and Pettis had potential, and D. Henderson...i'm embarrassed.

Either way, another great Fantasy year with you guys.:thmup:

I have to say this year turned out way better than expected.  I had some very close weeks (some wins by a point or two) but finished 11-1-1 on the year.  This got me a bye in the first round of the playoff and It is looking good for me to go to the championship next week.

I currently have a 64 point lead in a full PPR league.  I am done and but my opponent still has Brees and Michael Thomas (fingers crossed the Colts D holds up well).  If I come through, next week does not set up well for me to win.  I would play the number 3 seed who has been coming on strong the last 4-5 weeks.  However, 2nd still puts me in the money.

This is a keeper league and my keeper was David Johnson, he was great through the first 8 or so weeks but I actually dropped him last week (he served his purpose I suppose).  

Those that I originally drafted that remain on my team are as follows:

Hopkins

D. Henry

C. Carson

K. Allen

R. Wilson

Rodgers

C. Samuels

Pats D

I was able to get Mark Andrews on waivers in Week 2 and have streamed kickers and my flex spot most of the year to round out my team.

I will need to decide between Hopkins, Carson and Henry for my keeper next year but not until right before the draft in 2020.

Thanks to everyone for their help this year.  This has been a fun one.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

My team is Watson and Jones and fleshes out with:

(and I’m projecting this to be my Week 16 lineup as well.)

Hopkins

Zeke

Mack

Devante Parker

Darrin Waller

Zane Gonzalez

49ers DST

Bench:

Golden Tate

Jordan Howard

James Conner 
DeAndre Washington 

Adrian Peterson

Tyler Higbee

So obviously if we both start Watson and Jones whatever we score cancels out and our matchup will be decided by the rest of our rosters. 

I don’t really love my backs against Ingram and Jones. Zeke plays the Eagles, and while Mack has a nice matchup against the Panthers, I’m worried his ceiling is low the way we get other backs in and out of the game. Peterson has a decent matchup against the Giants, and Conner has a “do not touch” matchup against the Jets. Howard may play may not. I don’t think it wise to trust him in this scenario either way. 

Obviously Hopkins and Parker out-do her remaining WRs, I feel good there. 

Drake at flex isn’t a frightening matchup, but after yesterday’s Herculean 4TD effort... Oy. 

My purpose for writing and lining all of this out is this:

Do I give any kind of consideration to starting someone other than Watson and Jones, and try to make up some points on her that way?

It’s a super risky play. Watson has the Bucs and they bleed points to QBs. Jones has the Jags and they are a tougher matchup, but he’s also the only real receiving threat on that team right now. Hooper hasn’t been the same since his injury. And Jones is coming off a huge game against a top defense. 

My gut says to stick with Watson and Jones, but I’m curious to hear input. 

The third option is subterfuge. I should try to talk HER into starting someone other than Watson or Jones in our big FB group chat that is active daily. Which actually isn’t as dumb and impossible as it sounds, she’s from Australia and doesn’t always make the best decisions with her roster.  :D

Is it still 3 WR 2 RB?

QB: Watson

WR: Julio, Hopkins, Parker (go get Perriman if available and possibly start over Parker)

RB: Zeke, Mack (Maybe Peterson here)

TE: Waller

You can try to talk her into it, But I think everyone will know what you are doing if you make it too obvious. And she is doing enough to make the championship. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

Is it still 3 WR 2 RB?

QB: Watson

WR: Julio, Hopkins, Parker (go get Perriman if available and possibly start over Parker)

RB: Zeke, Mack (Maybe Peterson here)

TE: Waller

You can try to talk her into it, But I think everyone will know what you are doing if you make it too obvious. And she is doing enough to make the championship. 

2WR 2RB and Flex this year. Finally made the change. 

Perriman is an interesting prospect. I may have to start him by default. She is a big Bucs fan so I’m sure he’s on her radar at this point. I’m gonna put in a claim on him and he could be another player we both start. If she picks him up I absolutely have to start him. 

He has an interesting matchup in Houston. Parker has the Bengals and they are almost a top 10 defense against WRs. Houston’s struggles against the pass are documented. But Winston’s struggles are also well documented. If the Texans shade their coverage hard to Perriman it could be a long day for him. I dunno. I’ve got a feeling we both start him, though. 

I don’t care if everyone knows what I’m doing. This lady and I have a long-standing feud. Last year she tried to tell everyone I was taking advantage of her because I set her a trade offer early in the morning. Later on that afternoon one of the players involved got put unexpectedly on IR. By the time she finally saw the offer later in the evening she started accusing me of trying to rob her and trade her an injured player despite the fact that I sent the offer at like 6AM and he went on IR at 4 in the afternoon. She’s a dope and I want to beat her by any means lmao

flash flashing GIF

Alright, it’s officially time to sound the alarm. 

Is it time to pull the fantasy plug on Marlon Mack? I acknowledged he had a tough draw this week against the Saints coming in, but FFS... 11 runs for 19 yards is abysmal.  It’s only marginally better than his week 14 line, that was absolutely saved by a TD. 

He has a juicy matchup against the Panthers next week, they give up more points to RBs than any team in the league, but that shouldn’t inspire much confidence at this point. Wilkins, Hines, and any other RBs in a 20 mile radius steal touches from Mack, this offensive line has not been all that great recently, and this team now has absolutely nothing to play for, and look as hopeless and listless as a Pagano unit. 

This championship weekend matchup I’ve been begging to exploit for weeks has suddenly become shrouded in doubt and I just don’t see the reward versus the risk at this point. 

21 hours ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

I have to say this year turned out way better than expected.  I had some very close weeks (some wins by a point or two) but finished 11-1-1 on the year.  This got me a bye in the first round of the playoff and It is looking good for me to go to the championship next week.

I currently have a 64 point lead in a full PPR league.  I am done and but my opponent still has Brees and Michael Thomas (fingers crossed the Colts D holds up well).  If I come through, next week does not set up well for me to win.  I would play the number 3 seed who has been coming on strong the last 4-5 weeks.  However, 2nd still puts me in the money.

This is a keeper league and my keeper was David Johnson, he was great through the first 8 or so weeks but I actually dropped him last week (he served his purpose I suppose).  

Those that I originally drafted that remain on my team are as follows:

Hopkins

D. Henry

C. Carson

K. Allen

R. Wilson

Rodgers

C. Samuels

Pats D

I was able to get Mark Andrews on waivers in Week 2 and have streamed kickers and my flex spot most of the year to round out my team.

I will need to decide between Hopkins, Carson and Henry for my keeper next year but not until right before the draft in 2020.

Thanks to everyone for their help this year.  This has been a fun one.

Despite stellar games from both Brees and Thomas, I snuck it out 124-121 and will be playing in the championship.  It has been about 6 years since I even had the opportunity to win it all, so I am pumped!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Despite stellar games from both Brees and Thomas, I snuck it out 124-121 and will be playing in the championship.  It has been about 6 years since I even had the opportunity to win it all, so I am pumped!!!

Nice job! I'm in the finals as well. Had to have Pascal get less than 17.2 points in a 1 point ppr last night. Survived, and going for the win! :banana:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

So i need some advice for my flex for next week (1 PPR).  I have:

Slayton

Tate

Mostert

C. Samuel

and possibly Perriman if claim is successful

Perriman

Mostert

Tate

Slayton

Samuel is a wild card. He could finish at the top or the bottom of that list. 

So I talked about trying to talk my opponent this week into starting Jameis Winston at QB instead of Watson. We both have Watson and Julio Jones and I originally thought that I could really use the advantage of having Watson’s score matter for me rather than just cancel out, but after looking at it today I’m not so sure. 

The projected starting roster for Jess fleshes out with:

WR Deebo Samuel

RB Mark Ingram

RB Aaron Jones

TE Jared Cook

Flex Kenyan Drake 

Kicker Matt Gay

DST LA Rams

Her reserves include:

WR Tyrell Williams

WR Mike Evans

TE Vance McDonald 

QB Jameis Winston

RB David Johnson

WR Darius Slayton

My remaining projected starters includes:

WR DeAndre Hopkins

RB Ezekiel Elliot

RB Marlon Mack

TE Darrin Waller

Flex Devante Parker

Kicker Zane Gonzalez

DST San Francisco 49ers

My reserves include:

WR Golden Tate

RB Jordan Howard

RB James Conner

RB Adrian Peterson

TE Tyler Higbee 

RB DeAndre Washington 

At current time the projected point totals favor my team by a score of 130.05 to 113.36. 

Ingram and Aaron Jones both have tougher matchups this week, which gives me an advantage. Ingram faces the Browns who held him under 10 points in their last meeting, and Jones faces the Vikings in Minnesota. 

I’m guessing the TE matchup is one I’m gonna lose. Waller has the Chargers who give up the 24th fewest points to TEs while she has the Titans who give up 4th most. 

Flex is a bit of a toss up right now. If I can get Perriman I’m going to play him there. But she may get him, too so that matchup may go to a wash. 

At this point I think I take my favorable matchups over hers and break even on points with Watson, Julio Jones, and possibly Perriman. (I think she’ll stick with Drake at flex after that 4TD day Sunday though.) Should I try to talk her into Winston?

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

So I talked about trying to talk my opponent this week into starting Jameis Winston at QB instead of Watson. We both have Watson and Julio Jones and I originally thought that I could really use the advantage of having Watson’s score matter for me rather than just cancel out, but after looking at it today I’m not so sure. 

The projected starting roster for Jess fleshes out with:

WR Deebo Samuel

RB Mark Ingram

RB Aaron Jones

TE Jared Cook

Flex Kenyan Drake 

Kicker Matt Gay

DST LA Rams

Her reserves include:

WR Tyrell Williams

WR Mike Evans

TE Vance McDonald 

QB Jameis Winston

RB David Johnson

WR Darius Slayton

My remaining projected starters includes:

WR DeAndre Hopkins

RB Ezekiel Elliot

RB Marlon Mack

TE Darrin Waller

Flex Devante Parker

Kicker Zane Gonzalez

DST San Francisco 49ers

My reserves include:

WR Golden Tate

RB Jordan Howard

RB James Conner

RB Adrian Peterson

TE Tyler Higbee 

RB DeAndre Washington 

At current time the projected point totals favor my team by a score of 130.05 to 113.36. 

Ingram and Aaron Jones both have tougher matchups this week, which gives me an advantage. Ingram faces the Browns who held him under 10 points in their last meeting, and Jones faces the Vikings in Minnesota. 

I’m guessing the TE matchup is one I’m gonna lose. Waller has the Chargers who give up the 24th fewest points to TEs while she has the Titans who give up 4th most. 

Flex is a bit of a toss up right now. If I can get Perriman I’m going to play him there. But she may get him, too so that matchup may go to a wash. 

At this point I think I take my favorable matchups over hers and break even on points with Watson, Julio Jones, and possibly Perriman. (I think she’ll stick with Drake at flex after that 4TD day Sunday though.) Should I try to talk her into Winston?

Dude, Winston is going to ball out...I'd rather face Watson.

Overall you look way better. The choice is just between Peterson and Mack.  You WANT to maximize your similar rosters, because you have the advantage for players that you don't have similar. Idk, maybe its "playing to keep the lead" vs "playing to win", but you have the better WR, RB, TE, and D/ST.  If you minimize the differences where you can, it's the safer technique.

Alright, waivers are through, not looking good for either league.

Full PPR

QB: Winston vs Hou, Tannehill vs NO

RB: Elliot @ PHI, (Cook, Mattison, Boone, vs GB on MNF), Ya I know, there's nothing out there Duke Johnson, Peyton Barber, and Boston Scott are best available to pick up. Would probably drop Slayton to grab one.

WR: Moore @IND, Hopkins @TB, Perriman vs HOU, Gallup @ PHI, Slayton @ Was, Conley @Atl

DST: Patriots vs Buf, Ravens @ CLE

The MNF fiasco with the Vikings backfield is what's going to kill me.  I have to choose to play one, or none.  Supposedly Cook is going to be active, even possible Mattison. Which they are going to likely also put Boone into the mix.  What in the world do you do? At least I have all three.  When it comes to QB, I think I'll stick with Winston and match him up with Perriman..depending on Evans and Godwin.  For WR I think I am good, but if I sit Perriman i'll probably slot in Gallup.  Should I bench Moore for anyone?   Then there's my top two defenses, Cleveland did a number on Baltimore last time, should I just stick with Patriots?  Championship game.

Opponents Roster

QB: L. Jackson

RB: Fournette, Jacobs, White, Coleman, Laird

WR: Jones, Lockett, Miller, Kupp, Watkins, Schuster

TE: Kittle

DST: 49ers

This league I am playing for 3rd and my money back, going against the 2nd seed.

Half PPR:

QB: Winston vs Hou

RB: Mack vs Car, (Cook or Mattison vs GB on MNF), Hunt vs Bal, P. Laird vs Cin, B. Scott vs Dal

WR: Thomas @Ten, Adams @Min, Diggs vs GB, Conley @Atl, Slayton @Was

DST: Steelers @NYJ, Ravens @ CLE

Similar situation except worse..my opponent has Boone. So I don't have the luxury of waiting to see who starts in my other league. It's either play Cook or don't.  So if I don't, I think I stick with Mack and possibly use Laird vs Cinc (6th most PA) or Scott vs Dal (14th fewest PA), both have matchups better than Hunt, but I think Hunt will do what he does and get 10-15. 

For WR it's obvious, but should I flex in Diggs or Conley?  If so, that forces my hand at RB in likely starting Laird for the upside over Hunt.  For DST, again great matchups, but I think Steelers have proven themselves to be the ones to start over Ravens, especially for this week.

Opponents Roster:

QB Brees, Rodgers

RB: Henry, Jones, Conner, Sanders, Boone (will start if Cook is out), Peterson

WR: Gallup, Perriman, Thielen, Golladay, A. Miller

TE: Goedert

DST: KC

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Dude, Winston is going to ball out...I'd rather face Watson.

Overall you look way better. The choice is just between Peterson and Mack.  You WANT to maximize your similar rosters, because you have the advantage for players that you don't have similar. Idk, maybe its "playing to keep the lead" vs "playing to win", but you have the better WR, RB, TE, and D/ST.  If you minimize the differences where you can, it's the safer technique.

I do think you’re correct. She claimed Perriman overnight. I put one in, but there was one single other claim made in our league this week, the guy In 8th playing in the 7th/8th place game claimed him, one of less than a dozen moves he’s made all year long... I’m pretty annoyed by it but whatever. 

I picked up Mike Boone, but I feel like that’s playing with fire. Unless the Vikings rule both Cook and Mattison out before Sunday there’s no way I can really consider him in any spot. The Vikings play Monday and if Cook and/or Mattison are game time decisions and wind up playing he’s dead in the water and so is any team who starts him. 

I know I’ve sounded the alarm on Mack, and I’m real worried about starting him, but damnit... I don’t know if I can pull the trigger to bench him. After the way Brissett has played lately and being that the Panthers are the league’s worst run defense surely Frank wants to come into this one and really pound the rock... 

Parker is the one I’m most worried about. He’s been playing superbly here as of late, but the Bengals are 11th fewest points given to WRs. In their last 5 they’ve allowed 92 catches for 1,010 yards and only 3 TDs. 

Full PPR

RB: Elliot @ PHI, (Cook, Mattison, Boone, vs GB on MNF), Ya I know, there's nothing out there Duke Johnson, Peyton Barber, and Boston Scott are best available to pick up. Would probably drop Slayton to grab one.

WR: Moore @IND, Hopkins @TB, Perriman vs HOU, Gallup @ PHI, Slayton @ Was, Conley @Atl

The MNF fiasco with the Vikings backfield is what's going to kill me.  I have to choose to play one, or none.  Supposedly Cook is going to be active, even possible Mattison. Which they are going to likely also put Boone into the mix.  What in the world do you do? At least I have all three.  When it comes to QB, I think I'll stick with Winston and match him up with Perriman..depending on Evans and Godwin.  For WR I think I am good, but if I sit Perriman i'll probably slot in Gallup.  Should I bench Moore for anyone?   Then there's my top two defenses, Cleveland did a number on Baltimore last time, should I just stick with Patriots?  Championship game.

Opponents Roster

Half PPR:

RB: Mack vs Car, (Cook or Mattison vs GB on MNF), Hunt vs Bal, P. Laird vs Cin, B. Scott vs Dal

Similar situation except worse..my opponent has Boone. So I don't have the luxury of waiting to see who starts in my other league. It's either play Cook or don't.  So if I don't, I think I stick with Mack and possibly use Laird vs Cinc (6th most PA) or Scott vs Dal (14th fewest PA), both have matchups better than Hunt, but I think Hunt will do what he does and get 10-15. 

For WR it's obvious, but should I flex in Diggs or Conley?  If so, that forces my hand at RB in likely starting Laird for the upside over Hunt.  For DST, again great matchups, but I think Steelers have proven themselves to be the ones to start over Ravens, especially for this week.

Opponents Roster:

QB Brees, Rodgers

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

The Vikings backfield situation is dicey. You’re lucky you have all of them in your top league, you can wait right up until the last minute to gather information and make the best call. In your other league, tough cookie to crumble. Being on Monday night makes it a precarious situation. 

I know Laird has let you down at every turn so far, but this is a good matchup for him. As good as the Bengals have been against the pass they have been equally as bad against the run. 

Diggs is an interesting play this week. Especially if Cook is out. I’m not saying he should start, but keep it in mind. 

I honestly think I would start the Ravens D over the Pats. I think the Bills beat the Patriots this week. The only reason the Pats won the last matchup was because they knocked Allen out early. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Full PPR

Opponents Roster

Half PPR:

Opponents Roster:

QB Brees, Rodgers

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

If it is full PPR, Boston Scott is a good option for you vs the Cowboys, IMO. He will get valuable points via receptions, just make sure Jordan Howard is ruled out. I do agree with John on Patrick Laird, Bengals gave double digit "standard" league production last week to James White, Rex Burkhead and Sony Michel (who had done absolutely little this year). He is a good floor play and should get catches too. 

Browns are going in a different direction and the Bills do not turn the ball over as much like the Browns do, and the Bills have the luxury of not taking too many risks because the Patriots' O is not a juggernaut by any means and the Bills have the defensive support, neither of which the Browns have the luxury for, think about it. Plus, the Ravens' D will be fired up remembering that Chubb ran all over them, the D has changed since then and so has the direction of each team. Ravens have actually underachieved at home defensively (49ers, Jets games) while putting up very good numbers on the road (Seahawks, Rams games), if you look closely at their production. I have them, monitor them closely and am definitely playing them, would play them over the Patriots defense this week. Jonathan Jones, their key #2 CB, has a groin strain, not a good injury for a defensive back. So I expect the Bills to really give the Patriots a run for their money in this game.

I am kinda torn on Conley mainly because I feel Chark is going to play and is 40 yards short of 1000 yards, so they will try to get him that and that will eat into Conley's production. Falcons give a lot of catches to RBs and TEs (anything in the middle), so I feel Fournette might actually benefit in the catching department this game. Westbrook and Keelan Cole line up in the slot more to make up for lack of TEs for Jaguars, so it muddies up a lot of things. 

I do think, given the injuries to the Redskins CBs, Slayton is a sneaky play this week, he is bound to extend his TD streak to 3 for the first time this year though he won't get a lot of yards. Do not drop him. Consider playing him as a FLEX. If any of your leagues allow playing a TE in the FLEX, consider Jacob Hollister vs the Cardinals as well, bound to get a TD vs the worst TE defense in the league.

I hope that helps!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

If it is full PPR, Boston Scott is a good option for you vs the Cowboys, IMO. He will get valuable points via receptions, just make sure Jordan Howard is ruled out. I do agree with John on Patrick Laird, Bengals gave double digit "standard" league production last week to James White, Rex Burkhead and Sony Michel (who had done absolutely little this year). He is a good floor play and should get catches too. 

Browns are going in a different direction and the Bills do not turn the ball over as much like the Browns do, and the Bills have the luxury of not taking too many risks because the Patriots' O is not a juggernaut by any means and the Bills have the defensive support, neither of which the Browns have the luxury for, think about it. Plus, the Ravens' D will be fired up remembering that Chubb ran all over them, the D has changed since then and so has the direction of each team. Ravens have actually underachieved at home defensively (49ers, Jets games) while putting up very good numbers on the road (Seahawks, Rams games), if you look closely at their production. I have them, monitor them closely and am definitely playing them, would play them over the Patriots defense this week. Jonathan Jones, their key #2 CB, has a groin strain, not a good injury for a defensive back. So I expect the Bills to really give the Patriots a run for their money in this game.

I am kinda torn on Conley mainly because I feel Chark is going to play and is 40 yards short of 1000 yards, so they will try to get him that and that will eat into Conley's production. Falcons give a lot of catches to RBs and TEs (anything in the middle), so I feel Fournette might actually benefit in the catching department this game. Westbrook and Keelan Cole line up in the slot more to make up for lack of TEs for Jaguars, so it muddies up a lot of things. 

I do think, given the injuries to the Redskins CBs, Slayton is a sneaky play this week, he is bound to extend his TD streak to 3 for the first time this year though he won't get a lot of yards. Do not drop him. Consider playing him as a FLEX. If any of your leagues allow playing a TE in the FLEX, consider Jacob Hollister vs the Cardinals as well, bound to get a TD vs the worst TE defense in the league.

I hope that helps!!!

So for full ppr, my receivers (Moore, Hopkins, Perriman starting and Gallup, Slayton, Conley benched.are good and I should grab Scott as a safety for my three Vikings RBs?  The problem is they are on Monday. Since I own all three should I just wait and see who to play?

For half ppr, if I start Mack and Laird, essentially my flex is between Cook, Mattison, Hunt, Scott, Diggs, Slayton or Conley.

Btw, reports are looking like Howard is going to be a no-go. 

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So for full ppr, my receivers (Moore, Hopkins, Perriman starting and Gallup, Slayton, Conley benched.are good and I should grab Scott as a safety for my three Vikings RBs?  The problem is they are on Monday. Since I own all three should I just wait and see who to play?

For half ppr, if I start Mack and Laird, essentially my flex is between Cook, Mattison, Hunt, Scott, Diggs, Slayton or Conley.

Btw, reports are looking like Howard is going to be a no-go. 

Drop Conley on Saturday after 1 pm if your waiver period is 1 day or more, and pick up Scott. Then, wait on game reports.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Steelers D @NYJ and Ravens D?

Jets are an enigma. Sometimes with little time to think on a short week, you just line up and play, that could be why they played better than we thought vs Ravens. Now they’ve gotten plenty of time to think, and Steelers special teams is better than that of Ravens. I’d lean towards Steelers with the Jets being themselves again. :) 

Well. That does change the dynamic of the week, doesn’t it?

Boone and Mattison both have looked competent in their action. Green Bay gives up the 8th most points to RBs. If Mattison is ruled out before Sunday you’d be a fool not to start Boone. He’s going to get a ton of carries if it’s just he and Amir Abdullah. 

If Mattison plays it gets a little less clear. Will they timeshare? Will Mattison come off the bench? But the upside is there. 

Do I start one of them over Mack? Or over Parker at flex? He popped up on the injury report yesterday with a hip injury, but he’s expected to play. Aside from the week 14 game where he left early with the concussion he’s averaging 6 catches for 114 yards and a score a game over his last 4. But the Bengals are stingy to WRs. 

I’m flip-flopping on Mack like a fish out of water. Looking at my roster yesterday I was pretty sure I couldn’t bench him. Then Reich starts talking about these new wrinkles to the passing game, and even TY sounds enthusiastic. Now I’m paranoid. Are they going to focus more on the passing game and testing Brissett this week against a suspect defense? I don’t know what to think at this point other than Mack could be a championship boon this year because we have other ideas this week...

Could Boone be the anti-boon? lmao

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Cook unlikely to play Monday, get Boone and Mattison picked up in any leagues you’re in. 

True. But given the Vikings' weaknesses vs WRs, if they get behind a couple of scores, keep in mind that Boone does not get catches, Mattison does and Abdullah or C J Ham might, in this case. Plus, while GB is stout vs the pass in the middle, they give up a lot of passing to perimeter wide outs. Unless you have the luxury of playing both, it still becomes a risky option, IMO. 

Against a team they are most likely to be ahead of, Marlon Mack is definitely the safer option with lots of upside too. Higher floor and ceiling to me. He went against 2 stout run Ds in the Bucs and Saints, both teams that could put up points vs the Colts' D, won't be the case with the Panthers thus allowing the game to be competitive always for the run to be involved.

One thing I have learnt in fantasy is to not dwell too much on the past and examine each match up in a vacuum. Our QB throwing has not been reliable lately and when has Brissett been the most effective at home, the answer is when Mack gets going. That is what you should expect. Besides, I have dipped into my bad luck history before, so here I will tell you that I am playing against Mack in one of my leagues, it is a very good chance he is a pivotal part of the Colts' game on Sunday and gives them the best chance to win and get closer to .500 for a record.

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Well. That does change the dynamic of the week, doesn’t it?

Boone and Mattison both have looked competent in their action. Green Bay gives up the 8th most points to RBs. If Mattison is ruled out before Sunday you’d be a fool not to start Boone. He’s going to get a ton of carries if it’s just he and Amir Abdullah. 

If Mattison plays it gets a little less clear. Will they timeshare? Will Mattison come off the bench? But the upside is there. 

Do I start one of them over Mack? Or over Parker at flex? He popped up on the injury report yesterday with a hip injury, but he’s expected to play. Aside from the week 14 game where he left early with the concussion he’s averaging 6 catches for 114 yards and a score a game over his last 4. But the Bengals are stingy to WRs. 

I’m flip-flopping on Mack like a fish out of water. Looking at my roster yesterday I was pretty sure I couldn’t bench him. Then Reich starts talking about these new wrinkles to the passing game, and even TY sounds enthusiastic. Now I’m paranoid. Are they going to focus more on the passing game and testing Brissett this week against a suspect defense? I don’t know what to think at this point other than Mack could be a championship boon this year because we have other ideas this week...

Could Boone be the anti-boon? lmao

I don't think you start boone over either of them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cook is out until the playoffs, I just heard it on ESPN.

If that's the case,  then in my league where I have him it's an easy decision. Starting Mack and Hunt, flex options are Laird, Diggs, Slayton, Conley,  and Scott.

Right now I've got Lairs in flex

Thoughts?

@chad72

Also in full ppr, who are the two to start: Moore, Perriman, Slayton, Conley 

Right now I've got Perriman and Moore.

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

If that's the case,  then in my league where I have him it's an easy decision. Starting Mack and Hunt, flex options are Laird, Diggs, Slayton, Conley,  and Scott.

Thoughts?

@chad72

Yeah I heard it while watching the Will Cain show when they were doing updates. It looks to be legit news as they reported the Vikings want to rest him until the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Thoughts?

@chad72

That’s about right since Curtis depends on a deeper ball and end arounds to generate yards outside his sporadic TDs. Moore is the safer underneath bet. Perriman is also going to get targets but don’t expect production like the Lions game. I like Golden Tate against the weaker slot CBs of the Redskins over Slayton.

I dunno, boys. If Mattison is out it’s hard to turn down an RB you know is going to get a ton of touches against a defense that isn’t great against the run. But everyone is touting Parker and Mack as hot hands to start this week. I do believe one of them is going to come up short and post a sub-10 point total. The signs for both to do it are there. We’ve definitely got the table set for some Tuesday morning regret.

I dunno, boys. If Mattison is out it’s hard to turn down an RB you know is going to get a ton of touches against a defense that isn’t great against the run. But everyone is touting Parker and Mack as hot hands to start this week. I do believe one of them is going to come up short and post a sub-10 point total. The signs for both to do it are there. We’ve definitely got the table set for some Tuesday morning regret.

There is always going to be some Tuesday morning regret. Parker is who I am most worried about because of how well the Bengals have been playing pass D lately. Go with your gut and that is all you can do. Like Matt Millen said, if you make mistakes, make sure they’re your own, LOL.

You can't start Cook, I just don't think there is any way to take on that risk. That is the epitome of go hard or go home.  Boone will get all the touches if mattison is out even if the game is close or a blowout. The only way they bring in Cook is if Boone is getting less that 3 ypc.  Gotta sit Cook, start boone. In my league where I have boone, I am starting him over Cook. In my league where I don't have Boone, I am sitting both Cook and Mattison.  

3 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Looks like many have the same dilemma as I do.  I was able to snag Boone off waivers.  Id really like to play him at the flex, but have Mostert, A. Peterson, Slayton, Tate and C. Samuel as options as well.  

If it's your flex, I think Boone has got the best upside there, with a decent floor.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

There is always going to be some Tuesday morning regret. Parker is who I am most worried about because of how well the Bengals have been playing pass D lately. Go with your gut and that is all you can do. Like Matt Millen said, if you make mistakes, make sure they’re your own, LOL.

I do have some pretty serious worries about Parker. I think Mack’s day could be salvaged with a TD to get him to 12 points. 

But it’s hard to bet against Parker this season, especially in this second half. 

Lol I’m gonna go hide under a rock and scream about whatever happens. 

But hey, I’m still free if the Steelers mess ar RB and for that I am thankful. 

23 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I do have some pretty serious worries about Parker. I think Mack’s day could be salvaged with a TD to get him to 12 points. 

But it’s hard to bet against Parker this season, especially in this second half. 

Lol I’m gonna go hide under a rock and scream about whatever happens. 

But hey, I’m still free if the Steelers mess ar RB and for that I am thankful. 

Hey, first world problems. We all want to win a championship, even if it is not the real thing, for our pride. It boils down to we never know if we will get here again, assuming you got this far in a real competitive league. So we put our best foot forward and see how it shakes out. 

Cook and Mattison out of practice again today, ratcheting up the intrigue and the stakes. 

If I had to guess I’d say they will hold Cook out. With his injury history and two popping up recently may as well be as safe as they can with him before the playoffs. I’d expect that announcement tomorrow. 

Mattison I bet they label a game time decision and really leave people making the call with he and Boone in a lurch. It Mattison doesn’t practice tomorrow I’d really rather look at him as doubtful for Monday, but I don’t see any way they rule him out at this point until game time. 

Good luck to anyone in that situation. I think I roll with Mack and Parker because of the uncertainty that takes place too late to cover my own * if Mattison isn’t out.