Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

07/26 Day 2

CR91

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people were so down on the "talent" of Jalen Collins? He was much like Quincy Wilson, a borderline 1st round pick - except he's faster. Plus he proved himself as a viable starter on the Falcons SB team that choked away the 28 point lead.

With him, Desir, Wilson and Rock we have 4 boundary corners that are big, physical and can play man. Tell III is cut from the same cloth but likely not ready yet with those 4 in front of him. Then the highest rated nickel in the league is already on the team too in Moore II. 

Our secondary will be just fine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm not sure why people were so down on the "talent" of Jalen Collins? He was much like Quincy Wilson, a borderline 1st round pick - except he's faster. Plus he proved himself as a viable starter on the Falcons SB team that choked away the 28 point lead.

With him, Desir, Wilson and Rock we have 4 boundary corners that are big, physical and can play man. Tell III is cut from the same cloth but likely not ready yet with those 4 in front of him. Then the highest rated nickel in the league is already on the team too in Moore II. 

Our secondary will be just fine.

The big question who backs up Moore . Do any of those four have a slot potential. Hairston is his backup I believe.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's over Rodney, it will either be us or the Chiefs this year.

Lol.  You think I’m taking 42-YO Tom Brady on the decline over Andrew Luck in his prime?  You think I’m taking that tired old-butt Patriot team that just lost many of its bast players over the great Colt team with, young genius coordinators?

• Like 2

Eberflus is on record saying he likes to really mix up who plays with the 1st and 2nd team in TC.  So I don't take too much stock into what DB's were out there with the 1st team. There were times when Collins, Hairston, and Rock were with the 1st team defense today and they're most likely back ups to start the season.

It is a good indicator for Collin's progress that he's doing well enough to get run with the 1's though.

• Like 1

Really digging what I’m hearing about Turay. I have high expectations for him and thought he was more deserving of playing time down the stretch last year. Our edge is setting up pretty nicely with Houston and Sheard as our vets and Turay, Muhammad, and Banogu for youth. Interior line is still a weakness that I’d have liked to see addressed but we’ll see how it plays out. 

Hearing that Collins is getting some play with the 1’s is pretty cool. Does anyone know exactly how the rotations are going with the DBs? I think Wilson has always proven himself on the field for game days but there always seems to be whispers of his work ethic being questioned. He looked good last year at safety so I’m wondering if they’re giving him more work there with Geathers always questionable health. I think a small dime set of Collins, Desir, and Moore at CB, Hooker and Wilson at Safety, and Geathers at LB would be pretty tough to throw against. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We may have a respectable pass rush this year. If Turay and/or Lewis can be a double-digit sack guy, the 2018 Colts draft class could be one of the best draft classes in NFL history.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We may have a respectable pass rush this year. If Turay and/or Lewis can be a double-digit sack guy, the 2018 Colts draft class could be one of the best draft classes in NFL history.

I love to hear about Lewis playing like that also. With a few players aging we have a bright future I think with Lewis and Turay. Banogu showing skills makes it even stronger.

Leonard, Smith, Lewis, Turay. Wow

We need the pass rush with all the great QB we play this year.

• Like 1