Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need A Big Signing!

BProland85

For those fans that are very discouraged about the future of this team, we need a big signing like a Ben Grubbs, Paul Soliai, or maybe even Carl Nicks to make things look more promising for young Andrew Luck coming in. We should have enough cap space once we trade Freeney to get one or two of these guys.

don't expect any big signings (like mario williams level player), this is the COLTS we are talking about. Name one "BIG" signing in the last 5 years from free agency? I'm sure there are some I just can't think of any.

well, thats probably because we had Bill (I don't believe in free agency) Polian running the show. Its a whole new ballgame now. I do doubt very much we go after big name guys simply because we'll need to sign a bunch of guys just to fill out the roster, but I see us bringing in several 2nd tier guys.

don't expect any big signings (like mario williams level player), this is the COLTS we are talking about. Name one "BIG" signing in the last 5 years from free agency? I'm sure there are some I just can't think of any.

The last 'big' signing was probably Simon. That was what, 6 or 7 years ago?

I'm all for the Money Ball approach. Get a lot of lower priced solid guys, draft a couple play makers (besides Luck), and build from within.

The "Colts" you speak of fired everyone on the staff. Hired a new one. Got rid of their HOF QB and cut basically the whole team. What makes you think they cant sign FA's now?

I hope they sign Robert Meachem. Collie, Meachem, White and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick plus maybe a late one would be a decent WR core.

I hadn't really considered Meachem before, but from what I could see, he never really caught on in NO who doesn't have the best crop of receivers. They spread the ball around a lot, and Meachem still couldn't get touches.

I am hoping for a Steve Smith or Mario Manningham type. Those two each had some solid years with the Giants. If healthy, either one could be a decent option for Luck.

Bill Polian isn't here anymore.

I'm confident by the start of the season we will have a monster offense. No one replaces Manning, however with Reggie, Collie, White, Costanzo possibly big Ben on the OL this offense is already looking ok. I can only imagine what this offense might look like this year after the draft ;)

Ohh I forgot to mention Andrew Luck.