Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins Trade Brandon Marshall To The Bears

MTC

Well, now they can spend those 2 third rounders to get a receiver and fill some holes in their team. Not a bad trade, but i would have asked for a bit more. It wont be good for PM, but it gives them space to sign Reggie.

I only see two options for why Miami would do this. 1) Peyton told them he is not coming there no matter what. 2) Wayne/Peyton/Garcon are a packaged deal.

Great move for the Bears. They get Cutler his number one option he all ready has played with. A real WR threat will open things up for Forte which will make things easier for the passing game. Now all they got to do is sign either Mario or Freeney when he gets cut.

Id say good trade for both sides. Philbin probably didnt want the guy since he wasnt brought in under his watch and Marshall has been known to be a handful to deal with. Bears obviously needed a guy like this and obviously him and Cutler are familiar.

I only see two options for why Miami would do this. 1) Peyton told them he is not coming there no matter what. 2) Wayne/Peyton/Garcon are a packaged deal.

Great move for the Bears. They get Cutler his number one option he all ready has played with. A real WR threat will open things up for Forte which will make things easier for the passing game. Now all they got to do is sign either Mario or Freeney when he gets cut.

if u havent seen Garcon is a redskin now

Cant see Peyton wanting to break in Rookie WR & just having Wayne and who else Hartline & bess, Marshal was the threat to compliment Wayne

I don't think it was THAT bad of a trade. They want to shift to more of a West Coast offense, and felt as though Marshall didn't quite fit in that scheme. Plus, his production was down from 23 touchdowns over 2 seasons with Cutler, to 9 in Miami. They can save the money, use the picks to get some young guys, and run the West Coast. I think they will be fine.

It's not just about talent: it's also about the right fit in the NFL. Granted, I would have asked for a 2nd and a 3rd, or maybe a little more, but still.

Marshall is another one of those players like TO that's all about himself and will be a locker room cancer if he doesn't get his way. The Branco's weren't exactly crying to see him go, but at least they got 2 #2 picks for him. If Peyton went to Miami no way would that work with Brandon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• My hopes are high but... There is such a thing as a pedigree. You know like growing up at NFL practices, becoming a HS prodigy as a Sophomore, all those college starts. Peyton was replaced for the 2nd half in his Last college game for performance haha, by Tee Martin.  And wouldn't most agree that at some point in Mannings 2nd year we understood he was a Great pick with a exceptionally high ceiling, flutter balls not withstanding?  I believe the jury was still out on Josh Allen after one full season of starting whether he was a good pick, a true "franchise" QB.  AR is so raw, I expect that is where he will be by seasons end. We will still have worry   Will AR ever be calm under pressure, be able to read defenses and get us into the right play? Throw accurately, with touch, and on time?   
    • Our GM came out and said that he was sick of missing the playoffs. Last year we were 1 play away from making them. Your expectations for the team and Ballard’s are different.   Also the instant gratification angle has been said since 2019 season. Regardless of if you think the timeline should start from Ballard’s first year, or the first season after the Luck retirement, there has been enough time that has passed that makes it viable for fans to want better results than starting 0-2, giving up 500 rushing yards in 2 games, and losing to a 3rd round  back up QB who had only been in the offense for 3 weeks.
    • Well, I thought Stroud was clearly superior to AR as a pro prospect (I'm not a modern-day mobility snob), so I see no desperation in trading up to 1 to get him.   I didn't advocate trading up to 1, so I'm not blaming Ballard, but I can understand if others want to make that argument though.   I'm not going to die on a hill over the word desperation pick to describe AR.  I'll describe it as expanding tolerances for what you level of college competence you expect a player to come into the NFL with...and you expand them now because you failed at finding a QB for the past 5 years.   And this stuff about high ceiling is a bit of a false reason.  Lots of kids walking the streets right now have higher ceilings....if a team took the time to teach a kid everything and take the risk he never reaches his ceiling.  The difference is that the guys picked in the top 5 should come out of college equipped with a certain mastery level of skills and plenty of experience, or its not much different than taking a great athlete, because he has a great athletic ceiling, and begin by teaching him the basics of how to throw a ball.
    • Chicago doesn't look that good to me in terms of what they can do on offense. I don't think they have what Green Bay or Houston has at RB. It's mostly just Caleb and a messed up OL. I think if there's any opportunity to get things right it will be against this opponent. I think we can and should beat this team as long as AR doesn't turn the ball over and we can get any semblance of improved run D.
    • I'm not overreacting, I simply said that I hate losing, we've been a losing team for way too long, now.   I've also said that I don't like having a long term project at QB, while all of our other impact players are on far different career timelines.   And yes, I've been open since BEFORE we drafted Richardson, that I do not think he will become a quality starter in the NFL.    As for shaking my fist at Irsay's mansion, that's just silly talk (overreacting on your part lol). I'm not mad, but if we keep losing every year, eventually myself and a lot of others will simply lose interest in the team...and if enough people lose interest, the team will end up relocated (almost happened before Manning, so it's not crazy to think it can happen)
  • Members

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 4,800

• KB

KB 1,201

• NJFanatic

NJFanatic 45

• Jonmal7

Jonmal7 22

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 17,902

• Dingus McGirt