Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins Trade Brandon Marshall To The Bears

MTC

Well, now they can spend those 2 third rounders to get a receiver and fill some holes in their team. Not a bad trade, but i would have asked for a bit more. It wont be good for PM, but it gives them space to sign Reggie.

I only see two options for why Miami would do this. 1) Peyton told them he is not coming there no matter what. 2) Wayne/Peyton/Garcon are a packaged deal.

Great move for the Bears. They get Cutler his number one option he all ready has played with. A real WR threat will open things up for Forte which will make things easier for the passing game. Now all they got to do is sign either Mario or Freeney when he gets cut.

Id say good trade for both sides. Philbin probably didnt want the guy since he wasnt brought in under his watch and Marshall has been known to be a handful to deal with. Bears obviously needed a guy like this and obviously him and Cutler are familiar.

I only see two options for why Miami would do this. 1) Peyton told them he is not coming there no matter what. 2) Wayne/Peyton/Garcon are a packaged deal.

Great move for the Bears. They get Cutler his number one option he all ready has played with. A real WR threat will open things up for Forte which will make things easier for the passing game. Now all they got to do is sign either Mario or Freeney when he gets cut.

if u havent seen Garcon is a redskin now

Cant see Peyton wanting to break in Rookie WR & just having Wayne and who else Hartline & bess, Marshal was the threat to compliment Wayne

I don't think it was THAT bad of a trade. They want to shift to more of a West Coast offense, and felt as though Marshall didn't quite fit in that scheme. Plus, his production was down from 23 touchdowns over 2 seasons with Cutler, to 9 in Miami. They can save the money, use the picks to get some young guys, and run the West Coast. I think they will be fine.

It's not just about talent: it's also about the right fit in the NFL. Granted, I would have asked for a 2nd and a 3rd, or maybe a little more, but still.

Marshall is another one of those players like TO that's all about himself and will be a locker room cancer if he doesn't get his way. The Branco's weren't exactly crying to see him go, but at least they got 2 #2 picks for him. If Peyton went to Miami no way would that work with Brandon.