Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Man, I was watching Snell at the Scouting Combine, and he's probably my favorite RB in the draft (aside from Jacobs, who we have very little shot at). He has it all, speed and size, burst, great agility, and he seemed to catch the ball really well in the cone drill. IF the Colts are going to take an RB at any point, and I doubt they do unless it's an extreme case of BPA, I'd love for it to be Benny Snell Jr. Any UK fans, or anybody that's followed him a little more closely? I didn't really pay much attention until midway thru the college football season, and up to this point. 

55 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Man, I was watching Snell at the Scouting Combine, and he's probably my favorite RB in the draft (aside from Jacobs, who we have very little shot at). He has it all, speed and size, burst, great agility, and he seemed to catch the ball really well in the cone drill. IF the Colts are going to take an RB at any point, and I doubt they do unless it's an extreme case of BPA, I'd love for it to be Benny Snell Jr. Any UK fans, or anybody that's followed him a little more closely? I didn't really pay much attention until midway thru the college football season, and up to this point. 

Didn't he run a 4.7 forty?

14 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Didn't he run a 4.7 forty?

I'm not sure, but I do know that I'd rather have lateral agility, burst, and quickness over dazzling speed, at least for an RB. He managed to torch defenses in the SEC week in and week out, and that's with him being gameplanned for every week, being UK's only prominent weapon on offense. 

• Like 1

Plus, he had 48 TD's at Kentucky, running against, by far, the best collegiate defenses in the country. The kid can find the end zone, and runs with authority, he's exactly what the Colts need to compliment their backfield in my opinion. As far as my comments about his speed, agility, and cutting ability, these were just my observations watching the Combine...and I'm far from an NFL Talent Scout lol. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

If he is sitting there at 4....... I would grab him

I BELIEVE he will go in round 3 though (My guess)

Yeah I think he goes in 3 too and I can't see brass investing earlier than a 4 on a RB.  He's certainly an intriguing prospect... Pocket Hercules size.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maniac said:

I like Dexter Williams.

As an ND Fan, I approve this statement lol. He was a machine this year for ND, the kid has a knack for finding open field, and once he gets a crease look out. He broke probably 5 or 6 long, long TDs this year. It's rare for a guy that is as physical and powerful as him to have that kind of breakaway speed. I could see him doing really well at the next level, and I'd imagine he won't go til the 4th or later.

I am a Kemtucky fan and I absolutely love what Snell did for us. Incredible college back. I can tell you no one plays with a bigger heart than him. That said though, he's not the fastest and I think it'll hurt him in the NFL. I really hope I'm wrong and he succeeds where ever he ends up. Great kid.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I am a Kemtucky fan and I absolutely love what Snell did for us. Incredible college back. I can tell you no one plays with a bigger heart than him. That said though, he's not the fastest and I think it'll hurt him in the NFL. I really hope I'm wrong and he succeeds where ever he ends up. Great kid.

I think you’re mostly correct.  Sort of reminds me of Ron Dayne, but not quite as big.  

• Like 1

Which means he might last to round 4 when the Colts could be looking for a RB. He’s the kind of player that exceeds his numbers. A football player. Would love it if the Colts got him for a mid round pick. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoose said:

Which means he might last to round 4 when the Colts could be looking for a RB. He’s the kind of player that exceeds his numbers. A football player. Would love it if the Colts got him for a mid round pick. 

There is STILL a need in a RB by committee, a bigger guy to get you 3 yards when needed

We have the speed thing covered

There are some really decent RBs that could be available in round 3 or 4 that fit this role

I really like David Montgomery as well