Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Let's His Emotions Show (On Twitter)

GoColts8818

he should've known it was coming and mentally prepared when he made that decision. If he doesn't want to be hated, then why doesn't he come clean about the main questions.

1. peytons arm strength

2. would manning restructure or resign after he was released

Maybe because it isn't his place to say anything if Manning doesn't. After all he cut ties with the Colts so technically it isn't his concern anymore.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no one to be angry with...

But that doesnt mean we are not crushed.

Some of us may not live long enough to see the Colts win another playoff game.

How long has it been for the Cowboys..the Raiders??

even better, we can become the new washington. All these people on here excited about Free agents.

example: "If we sign Coltson, that would be amazing!!"

what a joke

how many superbowls did the eagles win?

Oh gee, the end all/be all, totally intelligent "rings" argument. The two things I liked about their model is extending core players while it's cheaper to do so, rather than waiting until they're free agents and either negotiating against the market or the guaranteed franchise tag tender...AND building depth on the offensive and defensive lines and working your way out (sorry, I'm old school and still think franchise QB aside, games are won in the trenches). Please oh please, explain how I'm so stupid for wanting that

I'm also a Memphis Grizz fan. We took more criticism than anyone when we dealt Gasol to the Lakers. Coaches, GM's and fans were horrified but we could never get into the playoffs like we were. We rebuilt and we came a game away from playing the Mavericks for the West and we look good this year, too. The Colts had to do it and people will complain but you have to take the criticism knowing that you are right. And he is right, imo.

I keep tellin ya all Peyton is a business man first, he would have been here if he wanted you all think he would have split practice snaps with Luck? and YES even the great Peyton should have had to, thats what a teams does or guess what you get what we got last season A DISASTER if your stars dont help those behind them to some degree, I look forward to the COLTS growing into a TEAM, a true fan sticks with there team through the good and bad. I wish peyton the best in the future but I am a colts fan not a peyton worshipper, I applause irsay for making tough decisions, cant please everyone, HE IS THE OWNER, if ya dont like it buy the team from him

I am glad that he got rid of the Polians, Chris was taking the team over and didn't know what he was doing and Irsay had to make a decision.

Irsay seems like he a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve and I think he is trying to do everything not to be like his dad because Robert Irsay wasn't the best owner.

I am glad that Irsay finally had enough of everything that he just cleaned house and cut all of our aging and over paid (except Manning) players

I'm also a Memphis Grizz fan. We took more criticism than anyone when we dealt Gasol to the Lakers. Coaches, GM's and fans were horrified but we could never get into the playoffs like we were. We rebuilt and we came a game away from playing the Mavericks for the West and we look good this year, too. The Colts had to do it and people will complain but you have to take the criticism knowing that you are right. And he is right, imo.

But Griz..football's not like the NBA....you cannot rebuild the entire roster with depth enough to win and do it quickly \

We could be back in the playoffs in 2013

..but it could also be 2031....

Oh gee, the end all/be all, totally intelligent "rings" argument. The two things I liked about their model is extending core players while it's cheaper to do so, rather than waiting until they're free agents and either negotiating against the market or the guaranteed franchise tag tender...AND building depth on the offensive and defensive lines and working your way out (sorry, I'm old school and still think franchise QB aside, games are won in the trenches). Please oh please, explain how I'm so stupid for wanting that

sounds like you can't beat that argument, the one about "rings".

didn't the "dream team" underplay last year? I think some of that should be on his shoulders.

If you wanted to build up the "trenches" we should've traded that #1 pick for a huge payoff

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2012 - responding to removed post

you just wasted my time, why do you bother with a forum to tell people info that they already know. (that this forum is about opinions only)

Because you didn't seem to KNOW this in your previous post.

So, let me put it this way: It is my opinion that it may not be any of our business.

There, 5 more seconds of your life that you'll never get back.

Because you didn't seem to KNOW this in your previous post.

So, let me put it this way: It is my opinion that it may not be any of our business.

There, 5 more seconds of your life that you'll never get back.

If you buy jerseys, auto's, hats, t-shirts, watch games on TV, go to games, and in any way shape or form put money into the pocket of the Indianapolis Colts, then you sure as $##% have a right to make it part of our business and voice your opinion on it.

sounds like you can't beat that argument, the one about "rings".

didn't the "dream team" underplay last year? I think some of that should be on his shoulders.

If you wanted to build up the "trenches" we should've traded that #1 pick for a huge payoff

Yep, you're right. I can't beat the "rings" argument, because absolutely everyone who uses it finds it easier and less time-consuming to just look at spreadsheets, compare stats, or just stare at a player's hand and count the shiny things than it is to actually watch football and understand how it works. I assume you're in the "Eli is better than Peyton" camp

I'm fine with cutting Manning because at this stage of our franchise,15 years of Luck is better than 3 years of Manning, but I don't underappreciate Manning's value. We've sustained success because of his greatness, the Eagles have sustained success (one missed playoff year notwithstanding) because of their philosophy. Maybe I'm overrating Grigson, and I respect what Bill Polian did for this franchise, but I'd take you, me, or any random 7-11 clerk over Chris Polian as the GM of this team. 99% of this board have clamored for a bigger, more physical defense and a better O-line, and now that we're going to get it, a ton of people are whining about the sacrifices make that possible

so your basically saying peyton is a big liar to denver and the cardinals and just trying to sneak a contract out of them. If he says he's not done = he can still play

All pacolts56 said was Peyton said he is not 100% yet. He said he is doing well but not all the way there yet. Everyone knows that. No one called anyone a liar.

Yep, you're right. I can't beat the "rings" argument, because absolutely everyone who uses it finds it easier and less time-consuming to just look at spreadsheets, compare stats, or just stare at a player's hand and count the shiny things than it is to actually watch football and understand how it works. I assume you're in the "Eli is better than Peyton" camp

I'm fine with cutting Manning because at this stage of our franchise,15 years of Luck is better than 3 years of Manning, but I don't underappreciate Manning's value. We've sustained success because of his greatness, the Eagles have sustained success (one missed playoff year notwithstanding) because of their philosophy. Maybe I'm overrating Grigson, and I respect what Bill Polian did for this franchise, but I'd take you, me, or any random 7-11 clerk over Chris Polian as the GM of this team. 99% of this board have clamored for a bigger, more physical defense and a better O-line, and now that we're going to get it, a ton of people are whining about the sacrifices make that possible

No, I think at the QB position you can take out the "rings" factor.

I'm with 99% of the board who want a bigger team. I'm just in the group that thinks we should've traded the #1 pick. This team is totally rebuilding, I'm just stating my opinion that we didn't have to go that route completely. time will tell i guess

He believes in stability. That was the goal and it all fell apart.

I don't doubt that this was massively difficult for him. He was friends with the people he let go.

Now he starts over with people he doesn't know. That's not easy

He has a huge heart and loves this franchise. I trust that the front office he put together will in time earn his trust. Then Jim can step out of the spot light and people will stop complaining about him

I think with twitter he's trying to explain. I think a lot of people really do not understand.

I also know that he loves fans. So, no doubt this is difficult

Would be for me

Next time I see him I will hug him for everyone. Especially you portage :)

I think Irsay is really taking everyone bashing him personally (not shocking based on what I've seen from Irsay)

He just sent out this in several tweets:

"Andybbar, I love my players and love the franchise, I would never do either any harm..both helped raise and shape me since I was 12 yrs old if u don't know that, then you don't know my heart, 2 think I would do anything but b a caring steward of sumthing I luv so much is irrational. It's as irrational as saying "You tried to win too hard, since u spent millons cash over cap to win at any cost, I'm mad that's there's a cap." Even though the salary cap allows smaller market teams, like Indy, to still stay competitive in a free agency system."

People can say what they want about the man and I am sure people are going to rush to bash him here too because they don't like what he did but make no mistake Irsay hated this week as much as anyone. He took no joy out of us having to cut these players but like some here understood no matter how much his heart hated it his head knows it had to be done. If nothing else it's pretty clear Irsay has gone threw some of the same feelings we have this week.

so your basically saying peyton is a big liar to denver and the cardinals and just trying to sneak a contract out of them. If he says he's not done = he can still play

Irsay did the right thing we should thank him for thinking with his HEAD and not his HEART. Polian created this mess overpaying some vets and puting us in salary cap mess. Its better to start cleaning house right away instead of slowly takeing it apart all of theses COLTS we let go where all injured and ageing.Come on COLT fans wake up and think with your HEAD instead of your HEART GO JIM GO COLTS

Irsay did the right thing we should thank him for thinking with his HEAD and not his HEART. Polian created this mess overpaying some vets and puting us in salary cap mess. Its better to start cleaning house right away instead of slowly takeing it apart all of theses COLTS we let go where all injured and ageing.Come on COLT fans wake up and think with your HEAD instead of your HEART GO JIM GO COLTS

so wait, Jim didn't see these upcoming cap problems? uhh, what was he doing then?

If he wasn't the owner, he'd be fired too

I don't doubt that this was massively difficult for him. He was friends with the people he let go.

He has a huge heart and loves this franchise. I trust that the front office he put together will in time earn his trust. Then Jim can step out of the spot light and people will stop complaining about him

I think with twitter he's trying to explain. I think a lot of people really do not understand.

Would be for me

Maureen...

Folks are on Irsay right now because he's the only one left to blame....

It was Caldwell's fault and then everything was Polian's fault..

The older players always got hurt.,it was their fault

Well, everybody's gone now....You cant blame Grigson and Pagano..They just got here.

Just tell him that the hurt people feel was caused by the sudden impact of all this..

..and the longtime love those players had built up ....

Indy is more like a college town than a pro town and we're all (him included) hurt our guys are gone.

Almost everything about the Colts franchise is in doubt at this moment...and the future is very cloudy....

No one can predict anything..not even Jim Irsay

Except for the one fact that we know .......he loves his team. Its his family's team.

Some of us may no be around to see the Colts in the playoffs again...but that goes for him too.

So, yeah..give him a hug...He probably needs it more than any of us

I keep tellin ya all Peyton is a business man first, he would have been here if he wanted you all think he would have split practice snaps with Luck? and YES even the great Peyton should have had to, thats what a teams does or guess what you get what we got last season A DISASTER if your stars dont help those behind them to some degree, I look forward to the COLTS growing into a TEAM, a true fan sticks with there team through the good and bad. I wish peyton the best in the future but I am a colts fan not a peyton worshipper, I applause irsay for making tough decisions, cant please everyone, HE IS THE OWNER, if ya dont like it buy the team from him Could not have put it any better great job

Would be for me

Well, if he doesn't have critic's then life might be too easy for him ;)

Maureen...

Folks are on Irsay right now because he's the only one left to blame....

It was Caldwell's fault and then everything was Polian's fault..

The older players always got hurt.,it was their fault

Well, everybody's gone now....You cant blame Grigson and Pagano..They just got here.

Just tell him that the hurt people feel was caused by the sudden impact of all this..

..and the longtime love those players had built up ....

Indy is more like a college town than a pro town and we're all (him included) hurt our guys are gone.

Almost everything about the Colts franchise is in doubt at this moment...and the future is very cloudy....

No one can predict anything..not even Jim Irsay

Except for the one fact that we know .......he loves his team. Its his family's team.

Some of us may no be around to see the Colts in the playoffs again...but that goes for him too.

So, yeah..give him a hug...He probably needs it more than any of us

Let me ask you this,

If he wasn't the owner, would he be fired? would be be saved? If this was the Packers, he'd probably be gone too. IMO

so wait, Jim didn't see these upcoming cap problems? uhh, what was he doing then?

If he wasn't the owner, he'd be fired too

Did not say he did not see the problem but at least now he's doing something about it. If we keep hanging on to players who over the last few years are injured and overpayed will never move foward GO JIM GO COLTS

He's a great owner who always does what's best for the organization. He doesn't deserve any of this crap from the fans, because the fans really don't know what's going on behind closed doors. I will always support Jim, through the good and the bad, he's a good role model.

well why didn't he do something about it then? See, buck stops with him

well why didn't he do something about it then? See, buck stops with him

I don't think you can see outside the BOX your way to NEGATIVE I hope you can move foward if not become a JET FAN GO JIM GO COLTS (By the way Jim took over for his father in 95 and COLTS have been in playoffs 13 of 17 years Have a good night

Somebody seems a little bitter and I think we all know who that is. Chill out man, you're gonna stroke yourself out. I get it you're upset that Manning is gone. What's done is done, you can either get over it and move on or you can continue to stew over it, let it fester, and make you the bitter individual you sound like.

PC... I'm saying nothing of the sort..... here are your own words....

"he's already regretting it. If he wants fans to stop hating him, then he should spill his guts on the true strength of peytons arm and the truth about if Peyton would restructure his contract after the 28 mil wasn't paid".

The true strength of Peyton's arm.... according to Peyton Manning, in a press conference we all witnessed... was that he is not 100%.

So, Peyton said he's not fully rehabbed.... Irsay has said Peyton is not full rehabbed... and I believe them both.

I also believe this medical uncertainty to be the reason that triggered Peyton's release.... and I agree with the decision. I'm sad about it but I agree with it.

Plain and simple.... lousy circumstances and a different outcome than everyone including those two guys wanted.

My thoughts exactly. He should keep cool, calm and quiet about the irrational hate people are going to be serving up to him for years.

Ruksak and I were prepared for all the happenings as of late. We knew Notradomas had foretold of this coming.

"The great one will come from the land of coonskin in the East and accumulate many soldiers. He will take over the the corn rich land of the midwest and rule with a mighty fist, until a day in the windy month in the year 2012. When a new ruler, a mighty bird will rise from the land of the shaking earth in the west and the great one will fall, by his hand."

:)

Ruksak and I were prepared for all the happenings as of late. We knew Notradomas for told of this coming, back in 1998.

"The great one will come from the land of coonskin in the East and accumulate many soldiers. He will take over the the corn rich land of the midwest and rule with a mighty fist, until a day in the windy month in the year 2012. When a new ruler, a mighty bird will rise from the land of the shaking earth in the west and the great one will fall, by his hand."

Congrats on being the first one to call me out on that Nostradamus bit. I was hoping everyone forgot about it.

shy_laughing.gif

I dont really get why everyone is bashing Irsay so much. Yes, he cut some formerly, very important and well liked players from the team, and I must admit most of the players let go this week were some of my favorites when I had just become a Colts fan, but lets be honest, they were not playing as well as they used to, or in Peyton's case, might not have had much to offer anymore. Irsay did what needed to be done.

Ruksak and I were prepared for all the happenings as of late. We knew Notradomas had foretold of this coming.

bird? No, the Cardinal is the color, not the bird or the religious figure.

Cardinal Red.

he's already regretting it. If he wants fans to stop hating him, then he should spill his guts on the true strength of peytons arm and the truth about if Peyton would restructure his contract after the 28 mil wasn't paid.

He should fly out to peyton, say, "I jacked up big time." restructure and trade that freakin #1 pick

I think he should resign Peyton and trade the #1 pick still. It may be unlikely, but it is far from impossible.

Portage

1. Grigson was Dir. Of Player Personell with the Eagles, not the GM. He didn't make final decisions on their roster.

2. As someone stated previously, Irsay became owner around '97. Since then he went and hired the most respected GM in the league, hired one of the best and most respected coaches (Dungy) and let them run the team, like a good owner should do. You want to bash him for the salary cap which would mean you are saying he she be one of those meddlesome owners like Snyder and Jerry Jones. How is that working out for them. He is more at the forefront now because he realized it was time to shake up the front office. As far as decision making I bet he will fade back into the background and let the people he hired do their jobs.

3. He had a difficult decision with Manning and Luck. No one knows if it was the right decision. For the most part the "experts" who know the game much better than your average fan, say it is the right decision. Had he gone the other way, the risk was just as great. Bottom line is Jim has always been about doing what it takes to have a winning team. Especially for a small market team, that is what you want from your owner. Maybe you weren't a Colt fan when his father ran the team, but that was certainly not always his #1 priority.