Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck and Eric Ebron to participate in the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown

MTC

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

Yes. He hit two targets. One 4pt target, and one 1pt target.

Twitter had a field day with it too.

I think Andrew goes to the pro bowl to do what you are supposed to......have fun and not take it seriously.

People on twitter took it way too seriously......

1 hour ago, kornstar said:

Twitter had a field day with it too.

I think Andrew goes to the pro bowl to do what you are supposed to......have fun and not take it seriously.

People on twitter took it way too seriously......

Not going to lie, I expected him to do a little better. But, yeah, I really have no clue how seriously they are competing, or how much merit the competition has. All that matters is season performance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colts8718 said:

Would have been nice if they where going to the SB

I was just telling my wife that I would gladly trade the 2006 Super Bowl win for a QB Pro Bowl skills challenge victory by Jim Sorgi (Peyton was playing and couldn't go). So weird to hear anyone say a SB would be better than a PB skills challenge. Guess Im in the minority on this one...

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Tom Brady has not participated in a Pro Bowl since 2005.  Nuff said about the "Pro" Bowl.

Nuff said?  You may not like the game and that is certainly your prerogative.

Players get paid bonuses for making the pro bowl. Some of these players have it in their contracts. Having a pro bowl also gives them a bargaining chip for future contracts.

So yes, it does mean something regardless of your feelings about it.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

KC just had too much talent for us this year but I think we will be much better next year and Andy has always found a way to lose against great teams in the playoffs. 

Colts will be better but I don’t think KC will be as good.  It’s incredibly difficult for a QB to throw 50 TDs and 5000 yards.  So difficult I believe it’s never happened.  That doesn’t mean Mahomes won’t be a 4000 yard 40 TD guy though but last year was very special.  

As teams start to figure them out they won’t be as dynamic next year.  If they are they’re literally a new breed the likes the NFL has never seen before offensively.  That being said I don’t know if our defense is capable of stopping them offensively unless we utilize a lot of man coverage.  I don’t think zone D will shut them down.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, Dingus McGirt said:

Watched that junk on tv last evening.  Worst part was the interviews after each players segment.

It was pretty bad.   They should have had more events and kept the flow going.  

and they didn't have a goal post hitting kicking contest.  

9 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Luck looking pretty bad so far in the pro bowl. 

Why what did he do throw an INT? I am not even watching just asking. If so we should definitely trade him for a couple of Draft picks that damn noodle arm :sarcasm:. Pro Bowl game = meaningless. I did not know it was even on :funny:. I thought it was tonight haha 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why what did he he do throw an INT? I am not even watching just asking. If so we should definitely trade him for a couple of Draft picks that damn noodle arm :sarcasm:. Pro Bowl game = meaningless. I did not know it was even on :funny:. I thought it was tonight haha 

I agree.   The pro bowl is meaningless.   No decisions on a players contributions should be made off of their pro bowl play. 

The only thing that matters to me (and not much), is that it is exposure for the team.   Luck wasn't good in the skills competition.   If he is also poor in the game, it is a missed opportunity of sorts.   Again, very minor. 

I felt the same way when the Pacers lost to the Lakers a while back.   Still only 1 of 82 games, but with how much the media was stroking LeBron and the Lakers it was a missed opportunity for a small market team to get some exposure. 

No big deal though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why what did he do throw an INT? I am not even watching just asking. If so we should definitely trade him for a couple of Draft picks that damn noodle arm :sarcasm:. Pro Bowl game = meaningless. I did not know it was even on :funny:. I thought it was tonight haha 

He's is driving for a score on the second drive, but on the first drive there were two incompletions, and then a pic. 

I like the Pro Bowl. (Shrugs)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Interesting to see how Luck is performing compared to Mahomes. 

His passes didn't look great in the cold two weeks ago or the rain yesterday (after a year of wondering if he'd play again I still pay attention to that).  Everyone will make of it what they want and it certainly isn't worth freaking out about especially right now, but I see some room for improvement as a consistent passer. When he's moving, his passes look much stronger for one. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

His passes didn't look great in the cold two weeks ago or the rain yesterday (after a year of wondering if he'd play again I still pay attention to that).  Everyone will make of it what they want and it certainly isn't worth freaking out about especially right now, but I see some room for improvement as a consistent passer. When he's moving, his passes look much stronger for one. 

I noticed too. Room for improvement, for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

My thoughts, too. His throws seemed kind of weak, but I'm no expert. Little surprised more people are not talking about it. All I hear is people complaining about the pro bowl. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Close, Andrew with an INT lmao . I see it is 17-0 and Ebron has a TD.

I’m a pretty BIG Andrew Luck fan and tend to  ignore the outside noise of noodle arm this or lack of strength that, BUT I will say this. Compared to the other QB’s “some” of his throws weren’t as crisp and ended up a bit low. However as the other person pointed out, on the run he had precision and the pick he had was HEAVILY contested and actually was a great play by the DB. Just has to keep finding his touch. No biggie :thmup:

I hope to think the Colts players will be seeing some adverse practicing conditions this year. Luck had some good passes and some bad ones. Its hard to control a wet ball on every pass though let alone the receivers getting to where they should be in those conditions also. That being said I am sure they will keep working at it. Can't wait for next season!!! 

I said this a few weeks ago before the season ended and his skills competition and PB performance only verify my thoughts.

His throws at the PB and especially in the skills comp were really bad compared to some of the other.  Hell even Adam Thielan looked better.

I am not sure if his arm just got tired or sore or what happened, but from about the second half of the Tenn game and every game thereafter, I thought Luck looked very very bad.  Go back to that second half and even in the Houston game...he missed tons of throws because he couldn't get the ball there.

Obviously the KC game was a disaster.

Heck even his throws in the dodge ball competition were pretty substandard.  I know that is reaching but he is just not throwing with any crispness.

His throws for the past few weeks and last weekend were weak. Not thrown with any velocity.  And he was guiding the ball instead of throwing it, which is usually a sign of something wrong.  I can't remember the exact game of play but I remember seeing him get hit late in the season and thinking to myself that had to hurt.  He hasn't really looked good since. I hope it is just a temporary thing.

Hopefully a few months off along with some weight training helps him out.