Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck should be MVP

Pacergeek

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

He mentioned Luck.  

I think it is a lock.   No chance at MVP though.  Brees would have to fall of allot. 

Agree with this totally! Right now.

This league changes from week to week. Who’s to say, God forbid, that any of the candidates will stay healthy all year?

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a qb as consistently accurate as Brees (I believe he’s the all-time leader is accuracy). 

And I no longer buy that Luck has no one around him, if you consider everyone that is part of the team, including the Owner, GM, Coaches, Players, Trainers, etc. are capable of doing their part to ensure success.

Barring any injuries or catastrophic regressions, Brees should take the MVP and Luck the CPOY but there’s 7 weeks left and he could be in the discussion.

Here’s an interesting link discussing this very thing:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Agree with this totally! Right now.

This league changes from week to week. Who’s to say, God forbid, that any of the candidates will stay healthy all year?

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a qb as consistently accurate as Brees (I believe he’s the all-time leader is accuracy). 

And I no longer buy that Luck has no one around him, if you consider everyone that is part of the team, including the Owner, GM, Coaches, Players, Trainers, etc. are capable of doing their part to ensure success.

Barring any injuries or catastrophic regressions, Brees should take the MVP and Luck the CPOY but there’s 7 weeks left and he could be in the discussion.

Here’s an interesting link discussing this very thing:

Remember Luck’s Rookie year, when he took a 1 win team, to 11 wins. Ya’ll must’ve forgot!!

Luck is in the conversation, but thats it. Breezus is better this year with a much better team. Luck stands out as the best player on a not so good team (We're 5-5, lets be real). Breezus stands out head and shoulders above a team with a LOT of talent. I think Mahomes, Breezus, and Donald are in front of him.

Offensive Player of the Year: Brees > Mahomes/Luck
Defensive Player of the Year: Donald/Mack > All Else
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Leonard/LVE/Chubb
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Barkley

Comback: Luck/Watt
MVP: Breezus > All Others

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMarine said:

Luck is in the conversation, but thats it. Breezus is better this year with a much better team. Luck stands out as the best player on a not so good team (We're 5-5, lets be real). Breezus stands out head and shoulders above a team with a LOT of talent. I think Mahomes, Breezus, and Donald are in front of him.

Offensive Player of the Year: Brees > Mahomes/Luck
Defensive Player of the Year: Donald/Mack > All Else
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Leonard/LVE/Chubb
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Barkley

Comback: Luck/Watt
MVP: Breezus > All Others

Good list but I'd add Goff with Mahomes/Luck for offensive player of the year.. He has great talent around him but just can't ignore the QB on of the top offenses in the game.

Donald > Mack > anyone else. Donald leads the league in sacks despite playing almost exclusively on the interior. He has almost twice as many sacks as the next interior player. And it's not just sacks, he's an absolute terror on every play. Mack also missed 2 games.

I'd also add Ward for DROY.. I'd give Leonard edge for that award right now.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:52 PM, BOTT said:

Such a big award.....I can't even remember who won last year.

oh i remember, unfortunately it was brady who was essentially unopposed after wentz went down

normally id say who cares, but thats one record i hope peyton can keep