Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Is It Safe To Say........

BMack24

that reggie, garcon, and jeff saturday are not re-signing with the colts this season? garcon already turned one deal down.....reggie keep hinting he wants to follow peyton especially if it's miami and saturday is peyton's best friend so he would want to go anyway.....what are ya'll thoughts?

it would be nice to have jeff back for one more year to help mentor luck. not sure what miami (or whatever team) has for a center, but it's no given they'd want saturday

i still think we have a shot to sign garcon. he & luck could become the next wr/qb duo, at least in garcon's mind anyway

wayne... probably gone. he said on miami radio he'd have interest in miami if peyton ends up there

Reggie and Jeff are Miami bound with Peyton, and Garcon will probably leave too. On the bright side we should be loaded with 3rd round picks next year if everyone has a good year. I hope we can re sign Tamme at least.

I'm confused how Mia has Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall, Jake Long and might have the possibility to bring in Manning and Wayne and the Colts seem to be having cap problems????

For instance could the Colts literally bring in Marques Colston, Grubbs and maybe a solid defender via FA or is that out of the question lol............. We won't have Manning, Wayne and Sat, + possibly Brackett and Garcon. It seems like the Colts should be able to bring in some heck of players via FA and sign their draft picks.

I'm confused how Mia has Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall, Jake Long and might have the possibility to bring in Manning and Wayne and the Colts seem to be having cap problems????

Miami does not have very much cap room. I think they are in a very similar position 2012-cap-wise as the Colts prior to releasing Manning.

Miami does not have very much cap room. I think they are in a very similar position 2012-cap-wise as the Colts prior to releasing Manning.

I was getting ready to say, people are like Wayne and Manning might go to the Fins (including myself), but that seems like it would be the team in a bad cap situation. Especially if they keep Long, Bush, and Marshall.

Agree. Have read several articles saying that they would have to restructure almost all of those contracts to be able to sign Peyton. Reggie has voiced that he would like to be there also with PM. Don't know if that is even possible.

I've seen varying reports.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-nfl-salary-cap-teams-2012,0,5969798.htmlstory

Has them at 13 million under using a 122 cap so that if iffy.

A team could get very creative for 2012/2013 with guaranteed payments in 2014 when the cap expands.

Agree. Have read several articles saying that they would have to restructure almost all of those contracts to be able to sign Peyton. Reggie has voiced that he would like to be there also with PM. Don't know if that is even possible.

http://www.sun-senti...69798.htmlstory

A team could get very creative for 2012/2013 with guaranteed payments in 2014 when the cap expands.

Yes, I have seen varying reports too. I do not doubt they can fit it in doing some creative restructurings as well as signing creative NLTBE laden deal with PM and/or backload into 2014 as FJC pointed out.

The phins could also do some prunning with their roster as well.

In any case, they will have to do some creative things to make it work.

We need to get Luck some fresh meat to help build up his self esteem. Saturday is a shell of his former self, Wayne needs Manning, and looked poor without him, and Garcon is a liability. Manning started out with young guys learning at the same time as himself, so I say you get Luck some fresh meat and let them all learn together.

I'd actually prefer Jeff gone too. I say start fresh -- give Luck a new Center he can build chemistry with immediately. Plus, Jeff is obviously old and his ability to run block effectively is under question. Let's keep getting younger at the o-line.

http://www.sun-senti...69798.htmlstory

My God!!!

Kansas City could bring in Peyton, Reggie, Saturday, Mario Williams, and pretty much anyone else they want. Plus if they cut Cassell they'd have even more space. $50 million is just too much money to be spending.

My God!!!

Kansas City could bring in Peyton, Reggie, Saturday, Mario Williams, and pretty much anyone else they want. Plus if they cut Cassell they'd have even more space. $50 million is just too much money to be spending.

They'd have to structure things right to look at future years at the same time, but yeah they could bring the Manning crew & Mario and a few others.

I think it is safe to say that Jeff will probably retire with Peyton gone, I think Diem will retire too. Garcon turned down our offer so it seems like he wants to leave, and we haven't offered Reggie anything so he is 100% gone, probably will go wherever Peyton goes

I heard they want him in the front office anyway so he'll take off the cleats and put on a tie......

Wayne is def gone, Garcons gone, or they get him at a reduced price because FA doesn't work out like as well as he thinks, and Jeff is a big maybe with me...

I can see him retire and

1.Start his new career in FO (He and Grigson could really hit it off)

2.decide to come back because he wants to play and finish it out with his buddy PM

or

stay and help anchor an Oline that is, and has been, but really is now in shambles, and help Luck along. Jeff just seems like the guy that would like to take that challenge too. The O is gonna need a leader before Luck becomes one...

Haven't posted since the big release... so instead of commenting in about 20 threads...

I'm glad to have been on this ride for 14 years, with in that time really, only one bad year and PM didn't play in that one. As a kid I watched Marino, Elway, Aikman, Moon, Cunningham, Montana, Rice, Favre, well a lot of quarterbacks is what I'm tryin to say, and yeah... Peyton Manning was my favorite. I was under 10 when the Colts came to Indy, lived in a small town in Indiana, so you know, grew up with going to Patoka Lake and Larry Bird was on a houseboat and invited me and my dad to swim over, I was like 10 so it was great but he was a legend, thats one of the things embedded in your hoosier blood, knowing Larry Bird was the man.

Growing up in Indiana when I did, it was General Bob Knight. lol He was the man

Then we got Peyton... He was and still will be the man

I look forward to seeing him make his comeback, and I and you know its gonna be the comeback of the year, possible mvp season for him and yes I will be watching it wherever he goes. (and probably Reggie Wayne goes)

I wish the circumstances and end means were different, but it is what it is. I hold no ill feelings to player, coach, mgmt, or ownership in this rebuilding process from here.

and I am now looking forward to what is to be. I get to watch my favorite Quarterback, and have another game with my favorite team...Twice the beer :)

The dismantling of this team is epic, just how fast we have lost so many is the hardest part right now, and there is a lot of work to be done on this team, (understatement of the year) but with that does come a chance for some good guys to get their chance to build this team the way they feel will get the wins we need, and coming off a 2-14 season in which honestly I thought we were't going to get a win kinda got me ready for this year...No matter how much we stink, and we probably will...trying to lol..., lol, its gotta be better than seeing Painter out there. Of course anything is better than that, but it is some hope.

Luck can never replace Manning or what Manning has done for this franchise, but he can take it, and build upon it. The comparisons will begin soon enough.lol, and honestly if he ever gets there, has a chance to beat Mannings Playoff win percentage. Not saying its a chance but it is there.

And if Manning goes to Miami, we'll have the Dolphins and Rex and Colts gunning for New England. lol thats possible 5 losses right there :rock:

I'd actually prefer Jeff gone too. I say start fresh -- give Luck a new Center he can build chemistry with immediately. Plus, Jeff is obviously old and his ability to run block effectively is under question. Let's keep getting younger at the o-line.

I agree with you about Jeff Saturday. Andrew needs to be under the "long term" Center of the future from day one. If we are ever going to have a run game of consequence, then we have to have an O-line that motivated to run block.