Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne wants Thomas traded to Colts

Barry Sears

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just playing around now but I still can't believe how big of a bust Jeff George was. Watching him play was rough stuff!

Im glad you understood that I was joking as well. For anyone to mention Elway knowing he never played for the Colts is funny. But I became a Colts fan durnig the glory years of PM stretch handoffs to Edge or Playaction off the handoffs to edge to a down the field bomb to Marvelous Marvin Harrison.

Can anyone tell me why those concepts has never been added to AL playbook? The PA/stretch handoffs to the RB. That was a thing of beauty. like a well tuned orchestra. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Im glad you understood that I was joking as well. For anyone to mention Elway knowing he never played for the Colts is funny. But I became a Colts fan durnig the glory years of PM stretch handoffs to Edge or Playaction off the handoffs to edge to a down the field bomb to Marvelous Marvin Harrison.

Can anyone tell me why those concepts has never been added to AL playbook? The PA/stretch handoffs to the RB. That was a thing of beauty. like a well tuned orchestra. 

I love the Play Action, would like to see Luck do it more. The stretch play to Edge was Edge's signature play. Yeah almost everyone who is a diehard Colts fans knows we traded Elway for Chris Hinton and Elway never wore a Colts uniform. Hinton was a Great O.Lineman though, one of the best we have ever had.

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

There needs to be a threat of a run for PA to work well. 

Colts haven't had the OL nor RB(s) for that. Hopefully that will change soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Having a RB of Edgerrin James' caliber was instrumental in those concepts working as well as they did. It's tough to sell those play fakes if you don't have a dominant run game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That would be a move of a win now team.  This team isn’t in that mind set.

I disagree, it absolutely better be our mindset. We are absolutely trying to win every week. We have a great QB in his prime, we should always be on the hunt.

I would actually like it if they brought in Thomas, not because I think he will be the guy he was with Manning, more because he is an upgrade to a very weak position group and a solid veteran. He is actually playing pretty good this year, and if you put him with Luck, Hilton, Doyle and Ebron, he will get a ton of single coverage.

He actually had 80+ catches last year, and is on pace for similar numbers with more TDs. And he doesnt have Andrew Luck throwing him the ball.

He would be a really good fit on that left side as a blocker with Doyle, Castonzo, Nelson and Kelly. A 6'3" 225lb receiver added to that group would mean trouble for opposing defenses. We want to be a power running team, well he fits that.

We are very, very young. It doesn't hurt to have veterans who work hard and can teach young players. He is not dead. Remember Reggie Wayne? He was productive well into his 30's. Remember Larry Fitz? There are a million examples of receivers playing well into their 30's. If he could give us 3 good years, it would provide a great bridge and allow us to groom someone behind him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I disagree, it absolutely better be our mindset. We are absolutely trying to win every week. We have a great QB in his prime, we should always be on the hunt.

I would actually like it if they brought in Thomas, not because I think he will be the guy he was with Manning, more because he is an upgrade to a very weak position group and a solid veteran. He is actually playing pretty good this year, and if you put him with Luck, Hilton, Doyle and Ebron, he will get a ton of single coverage.

He actually had 80+ catches last year, and is on pace for similar numbers with more TDs. And he doesnt have Andrew Luck throwing him the ball.

He would be a really good fit on that left side as a blocker with Doyle, Castonzo, Nelson and Kelly. A 6'3" 225lb receiver added to that group would mean trouble for opposing defenses. We want to be a power running team, well he fits that.

We are very, very young. It doesn't hurt to have veterans who work hard and can teach young players. He is not dead. Remember Reggie Wayne? He was productive well into his 30's. Remember Larry Fitz? There are a million examples of receivers playing well into their 30's. If he could give us 3 good years, it would provide a great bridge and allow us to groom someone behind him.

This team is rebuilding.  They know it which is why Ballard talked about his three year plan and building through the draft.  This is not a team like the Jags who thinks it can win a Super Bowl this year with one more guy.  This is a team that wants to play their young guys let them develop and try to get better each week.  

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

This team is rebuilding.  They know it which is why Ballard talked about his three year plan and building through the draft.  This is not a team like the Jags who thinks it can win a Super Bowl this year with one more guy.  This is a team that wants to play their young guys let them develop and try to get better each week.  

I just flat out disagree with that line of thinking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Which is cool, and definitely your prerogative,  but what he said isn't exactly untrue, or contrary to the team's plans.

I think what he is saying is pure speculation. Saying you are gonna build thru the draft doesnt mean every addition is gonna be thru the draft or a young player. Regardless of what the big picture is, the team has games coming up and looking at the schedule, every single one is a winnable game for us. We can win now and in the future. Why would you wait to upgrade the receiver position? That makes zero sense.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:20 PM, Coltsfan0112 said:

Hell no. I live in Colorado and all Bronco fans hate him and want him gone. I have to agree. The dude has stone hands. Drops balls way too much.

All Bronco fans hate him? Oh, c'mon. :) They love Bay-bay. They critize him of course, because his production has dropped, but it's not hate, it's like when Colts fan critize Luck for committing "dumb" mistakes. It's not hate.

I follow the Broncos for a decade, and IMO, Thomas is still good. He is just not great any more. I think if the Colts could get him for a 5th round would, that would be a great deal. (They would need to re-negotiate his contract as well, because his 17 mill salary next year is too much, he doesn't worth that much.) All in all, he had Osweiler, Lynch, Siemian and now Keenum and still had an OK production. With Luck, he'd be much better.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'd guess they'll run him out of the slot, & have Coutee line up on the outside.

Coutee is best suited to the slot with his short area quickness while the outside wide outs clear space underneath. DT will be on the outside, pretty sure, with his size for the most part, and he will be used in the middle every now and then as well but most of the time, he will line up outside.

3 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Does Thomas to the Texans result in Ballard shoring up our defensive backfield in a trade?  I know we play the Texans just once more this season, so if Ballard does a deal, it will have to be reasonable and not a reach, or giving up too much.

He didn’t do it prior to the Fuller injury so not sure why he would now. Fuller worries me way more than Thomas. 

5 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I am stunned we wouldn't consider that trade

Why? He’s a 31 year old WR who drops the ball. 

People really havent been paying attention to anything Ballard has been saying since he’s been here. 

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

Why? He’s a 31 year old WR who drops the ball. 

People really havent been paying attention to anything Ballard has been saying since he’s been here. 

For a fourth round pick, on a team that has a dearth of talent at receiver after TY, yes I'm stunned. 

I've heard him, I just dont think that means he should obstinately refuse any notions of trading. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

For a fourth round pick, on a team that has a dearth of talent at receiver after TY, yes I'm stunned. 

I've heard him, I just dont think that means he should obstinately refuse any notions of trading. 

I could see him adding a pass rusher or someone in secondary but these WR have already played their best football.  

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

I agree. This seems like a small price to pay to add a piece that could project you to one of, if not the best offense in the NFL. It stings even more that Thomas went to a team in the division that just had a major injury at WR.

4 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Or if he feels the price is right for Parker. 

1 minute ago, 18to87 said:

I agree. This seems like a small price to pay to add a piece that could project you to one of, if not the best offense in the NFL. It stings even more that Thomas went to a team in the division that just had a major injury at WR.

Small price to pay? Mack and Hines were 4th RD picks. 

14 mill next year for a 31 year, past his prime WR?