Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could The Colts Actually Make the Playoffs?

WarGhost21

We probably have to win the Division to get in and the way Houston keeps getting lucky every week, it won't probably happen. Chargers and Bengals will get in as Wildcards more than likely. Bengals have the tiebreaker over us and are 5-3 right now. I can still see us finishing 9-7 though and making it interesting. On a side note, there are 12 teams that either have a worse record than us or the same record. We are alot better than people thought we would be. Many picked us to be the worst team in the league and maybe only winning 2-5 games.

• Like 1

Playoff experience for this team would do more than a higher draft pick, especially the way this staff scouts talent.  We’re past the “Must have a high pick to get a playmaker” mentality correct?  Can’t see the point?  Did we not limp into Foxboro with a backup squad & compete when the entire World thought 41-3, ME included?  We’re at FULL strength for the first time  so let’s forget the early colts & get behind this locomotive that has FULL STEAM!  ALL ABOARD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

If they go 7-1 the rest of the way, they would be a legitImate SB contender.  

I like the enthusiasm, but no. Not this season.

I think the team is solid, but not good enough to put down the Chiefs/Pats/Steelers. Maybe on our best day, but I haven't seen enough of our team at 100%. I can tell you that our defense is not SB caliber, for sure.

9 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I like the enthusiasm, but no. Not this season.

I think the team is solid, but not good enough to put down the Chiefs/Pats/Steelers. Maybe on our best day, but I haven't seen enough of our team at 100%. I can tell you that our defense is not SB caliber, for sure.

You saw 1 game with team at 100% that resulted in a 2 score victory on the road,  not impressed?  D def not SB caliber but do you agree the O might be close?  I get the “Not this Season” approach but what do we as fans have to lose by buying in this yr?  I want to see this fully healthy squad down the stretch before signing off for 2019, what do you say?  RISE UP COLT NATION

I think we can play a spoiler role but to make the playoffs, the stars just don't seem to be aligning. Shame too, we are going to be pretty good for these last 8 games I'm thinking.  Big test is can we stop the Jags LF.  That will tell us a lot about how we will finish.  We've had those seasons where it seems to be going good and then someone drops a "2" burger on us to produce some "ground-chuck".

17 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I think we can play a spoiler role but to make the playoffs, the stars just don't seem to be aligning. Shame too, we are going to be pretty good for these last 8 games I'm thinking.  Big test is can we stop the Jags LF.  That will tell us a lot about how we will finish.  We've had those seasons where it seems to be going good and then someone drops a "2" burger on us to produce some "ground-chuck".

Next 3 games are AT home & Playoff teams simply don’t lose at home.  3-5 to 6-5 is REALITY, if this team is truely playoff worthy but we can’t under estimate HOW a HOME CROWD can be the difference here.  I know this team & Org wants it but WE may be the final stat!  RISE UP

13 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Next 3 games are AT home & Playoff teams simply don’t lose at home.  3-5 to 6-5 is REALITY, if this team is truely playoff worthy but we can’t under estimate HOW a HOME CROWD can be the difference here.  I know this team & Org wants it but WE may be the final stat!  RISE UP

Let's all meet at the Luke!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We probably have to win the Division to get in and the way Houston keeps getting lucky every week, it won't probably happen. Chargers and Bengals will get in as Wildcards more than likely. Bengals have the tiebreaker over us and are 5-3 right now. I can still see us finishing 9-7 though and making it interesting. On a side note, there are 12 teams that either have a worse record than us or the same record. We are alot better than people thought we would be. Many picked us to be the worst team in the league and maybe only winning 2-5 games.

Not many on here.  Well, I guess 15 people chose 4-6 wins and 1 had 0-3 wins. 

image.png.aa8ece3d778c75c6d5c745bc502c383f.png

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many in the media had us 2-5 wins. One guy from the USA Today had us going 2-14. Remember that Thread. 

Yep.   He was an *, and I think most of us here agreed that he didn't know what he was talking about.    However, at the time, we were not sure Luck would be back for the whole season.   Personally, I thought he would take a couple hits in the first couple games and be out most of the season.    I'm sure glad I wasn't right.  :thmup:

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 7:10 AM, Myles said:

Not many on here.  Well, I guess 15 people chose 4-6 wins and 1 had 0-3 wins. 

image.png.aa8ece3d778c75c6d5c745bc502c383f.png

This is what we colts fans thought our season was going to be. The media on the other hand, had us at 3-13, 4-12 most of the time, one even going as 2-14

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, NDcolt said:

You saw 1 game with team at 100% that resulted in a 2 score victory on the road,  not impressed?  D def not SB caliber but do you agree the O might be close?  I get the “Not this Season” approach but what do we as fans have to lose by buying in this yr?  I want to see this fully healthy squad down the stretch before signing off for 2019, what do you say?  RISE UP COLT NATION

It was a nice win. But it was against the Raiders. 

Now if we were healthy against the Pats, I certainly think that game is a lot different. But I haven't seen them healthy against a quality opponent yet. If we can keep this same energy against the rest of the division, I'll be impressed. I'm sold on Luck, but nothing else. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, colt18 said:

It was a nice win. But it was against the Raiders. 

Now if we were healthy against the Pats, I certainly think that game is a lot different. But I haven't seen them healthy against a quality opponent yet. If we can keep this same energy against the rest of the division, I'll be impressed. I'm sold on Luck, but nothing else. 

How is Colt Nation feeling about this team now?  Are you Sold on Coach Reich?  This Team?  We need EVERYBODY on Sunday to RISE UP once again & show the League WERE BACK!!!