Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WarGhost21

Could The Colts Actually Make the Playoffs?

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Unfortunately,  what we need isnt readily available......

Pass rush?   Who is really available?

From rest of defense maybe:

Collins (NY) ?  - NY is DONE...... maybe a 3rd would pry him away

Conley (Oak) ? - What would we give?

I dont see ANY movements from the Colts.... (could be wrong)

I think we get a bit better on defense when Hooker comes back

I also think that once TY gets 100%, this offense could get cooking

We just better hope that we never punt, when we play the better teams

What we need is to be healthy.  Teams that win late are healthy and play with momentum, the Colts are getting healthy at the right time, fingers crossed. We aren't going on some feeding frenzy of free agents.

Unless Colts win all 5 division games(which is very unlikely),  I don't see us going in as a wild card, even if somehow we end up 9-7, we'll probably lose to any other 9-7 team in strength of schedule

6 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Oops. A game lasts 60 minutes you know. 

My gamepass feed were a bit off last night, and I thought it said 4qt with 2 min left when we were down 21-13, but then i got on track like the colts and they got the time right. 

I must admit I like what I saw, and the playoff might not be that far away IF we can keep playing like this and FINISH the games as the last two weeks.  

The Texans schedule the next two games: at Denver and at Redskins, could very possibly become two losses to them, and then late in december they face the Eagles. 

Colts schedule have 5 division games, but the jags looks like a bad team when playing in the US.

and the titans.... they are a meeeh team

Bad day, if you're thinking playoffs.  Denver blows it.  Seattle drops the ball at the end.  The second wild card is probably our only shot.  Hopefully the Bengals, Dolphins and Ravens start losing.  

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Bad day, if you're thinking playoffs.  Denver blows it.  Seattle drops the ball at the end.  The second wild card is probably our only shot.  Hopefully the Bengals, Dolphins and Ravens start losing.  

Our only hope really now is the wildcard... Can't wait until the Texans get their doors blown off by the Chargers in the 1st round and then with their tough schedule next year show the world that they have really feasting off their last place schedule...

As long as we improve down the stretch all is good. Chances are obviously small at this point so I wouldn't be looking at playoff chances until December and that's only if we handle our business the next few weeks.

and another of those brilliant last second time outs at the end of the half, giving their lousy kicker a practice kick. 

17 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The Texans just can't lose..

And besides the division games, they play Browns, Jets, Redskins, and Eagles here on out.

If the Bengals go 4-4, we'll have to finish 10-6, considering we lost to them.  Unless there is a three way tie, that is.  That's where giving up the tie to Houston would really hurt.  

The Bengals do have some tough games.  Hoping for 3-5.  

Just now, USAFHoosier said:

Denver almost increased our chances greatly 

Next game the Texans will kick a 65 yard FG to win the game as the wind blows it through the goal posts.

Couldn't believe Denver blew that. Unreal. They should be looking for a new coach tomorrow. 

Being that NE just whooped up on the Pack it is all irrelevant as the Belichick boys are headed for the SB once again.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Being that NE just whooped up on the Pack it is all irrelevant as the Belichick boys are headed for the SB once again.

They are truly unbelievable, every year reload get a misfit and re-make his stardom, and go to the superbowl, almost like clockwork.....amazing.  Injuries? no worries, other people step up. With BB, McDaniels, King Midas-Brady & an O-line, they just whip up on people as AL gets older and older with every passing Brady super bowl appearance.  thx pa-grigson

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

That is irrelevant to the thread's question. 

Is it possible?  Yes, with some luck from football Gods.

Personally, do I want us to make the playoffs?  No, I do not.  To me, I think this team is overachieving due to a good system/coaching and players stepping up.  However, we still have quite a few spots to fill before we become a perennial playoff contender and making the playoffs makes harder to get good talent from the draft.  If we can pick high and have ANOTHER good draft and a GOOD FA,   We could possibly put ourselves ahead of this rebuild and compete IN the playoffs next year, not just make them.  

42 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Is it possible?  Yes, with some luck from football Gods.

Personally, do I want us to make the playoffs?  No, I do not.  To me, I think this team is overachieving due to a good system/coaching and players stepping up.  However, we still have quite a few spots to fill before we become a perennial playoff contender and making the playoffs makes harder to get good talent from the draft.  If we can pick high and have ANOTHER good draft and a GOOD FA,   We could possibly put ourselves ahead of this rebuild and compete IN the playoffs next year, not just make them.  

So are you hoping we lose every game now?

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

We are currently in the 9th spot.  If we lost the rest of the games we would draft top 3. 

But seriously, I don't hope they lose until they are out of playoff contention.  

Texans have control of the division, so a wildcard spot is the only hope.   Very slim chance. 

I honestly don’t see them making it in. The Texans keep on rolling. Too bad the Colts would have a better chance of winning a playoff game than the Texans do. 

As long as we keep improving my money is on next year. It’s been a fun season tbh. And continues to be. Idk how anyone can argue with this season being fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

My heart says no.  My brain says yes.  My faith says no.  Logic says yes.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

the chiefs have a chance if the game is in KC, if the patriots get hfa its over for the afc

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is irrelevant to the thread's question. 

That is your opinion which never has any place anywhere.

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the chiefs have a chance if the game is in KC, if the patriots get hfa its over for the afc

Can't disagree, nothing is a lock and don't count San Diego out but NE is still NE as they always come up with the game plan to beat the second best team. Uncanny.

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

The only 2 tough games I see on the Patriots schedule are Minnesota at home and Pittsburgh on the road, which I think the Steelers might have a good chance of winning since they spread the ball around better than the Packers and their run game is superior to that of the Packers. If the Patriots lose 1 of those, there is a margin of error of 1 game for the Chiefs. For the Chiefs' sake, I hope they beat the Rams in Mexico City.

Both the Ravens and Chargers, the Chiefs play at home, so the Rams game could be the kicker. I am sure Patriots fans will be Rams fans that Monday night for the Mexico City game.

The end of that DEN game was sketchy. With :40 left and a TO...DEN runs only ONE play...a run that (predictably) gains no yardage and keeps the clock running. They could have dumped the ball off and easily gotten a few more yards to set up a higher percentage FG (McManus is 4/4 from 40-49 yards this season). And McManus' kick looked bad before he even followed through.

After that Sanders catch...I knew they were going to figure out a way to not win that game...and of course they did.

Going to be very difficult to catch HOU...there is no margin for error. Would be hilarious if IND won out and HOU won all but one game...and both teams made the playoffs from the terrible AFC South.

I could see the Colts making it in, but I don't see the point because we aren't going to seriously contend for a SB this year.

I can see us going 9-7 or 10-6, depending how well the team gels together once Luck gets in rhythm. Unfortunately, that may not be enough to get us in.

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

That is your opinion which never has any place anywhere.

Explain to us what does the Patriots have to do with what the OP ask.

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

I could see the Colts making it in, but I don't see the point because we aren't going to seriously contend for a SB this year.

I can see us going 9-7 or 10-6, depending how well the team gels together once Luck gets in rhythm. Unfortunately, that may not be enough to get us in.

If they go 7-1 the rest of the way, they would be a legitImate SB contender.