Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WarGhost21

Could The Colts Actually Make the Playoffs?

Recommended Posts

We probably have to win the Division to get in and the way Houston keeps getting lucky every week, it won't probably happen. Chargers and Bengals will get in as Wildcards more than likely. Bengals have the tiebreaker over us and are 5-3 right now. I can still see us finishing 9-7 though and making it interesting. On a side note, there are 12 teams that either have a worse record than us or the same record. We are alot better than people thought we would be. Many picked us to be the worst team in the league and maybe only winning 2-5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playoff experience for this team would do more than a higher draft pick, especially the way this staff scouts talent.  We’re past the “Must have a high pick to get a playmaker” mentality correct?  Can’t see the point?  Did we not limp into Foxboro with a backup squad & compete when the entire World thought 41-3, ME included?  We’re at FULL strength for the first time  so let’s forget the early colts & get behind this locomotive that has FULL STEAM!  ALL ABOARD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

If they go 7-1 the rest of the way, they would be a legitImate SB contender.  

I like the enthusiasm, but no. Not this season.

 

I think the team is solid, but not good enough to put down the Chiefs/Pats/Steelers. Maybe on our best day, but I haven't seen enough of our team at 100%. I can tell you that our defense is not SB caliber, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I like the enthusiasm, but no. Not this season.

 

I think the team is solid, but not good enough to put down the Chiefs/Pats/Steelers. Maybe on our best day, but I haven't seen enough of our team at 100%. I can tell you that our defense is not SB caliber, for sure.

You saw 1 game with team at 100% that resulted in a 2 score victory on the road,  not impressed?  D def not SB caliber but do you agree the O might be close?  I get the “Not this Season” approach but what do we as fans have to lose by buying in this yr?  I want to see this fully healthy squad down the stretch before signing off for 2019, what do you say?  RISE UP COLT NATION

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can play a spoiler role but to make the playoffs, the stars just don't seem to be aligning. Shame too, we are going to be pretty good for these last 8 games I'm thinking.  Big test is can we stop the Jags LF.  That will tell us a lot about how we will finish.  We've had those seasons where it seems to be going good and then someone drops a "2" burger on us to produce some "ground-chuck".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I think we can play a spoiler role but to make the playoffs, the stars just don't seem to be aligning. Shame too, we are going to be pretty good for these last 8 games I'm thinking.  Big test is can we stop the Jags LF.  That will tell us a lot about how we will finish.  We've had those seasons where it seems to be going good and then someone drops a "2" burger on us to produce some "ground-chuck".

 Next 3 games are AT home & Playoff teams simply don’t lose at home.  3-5 to 6-5 is REALITY, if this team is truely playoff worthy but we can’t under estimate HOW a HOME CROWD can be the difference here.  I know this team & Org wants it but WE may be the final stat!  RISE UP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

 Next 3 games are AT home & Playoff teams simply don’t lose at home.  3-5 to 6-5 is REALITY, if this team is truely playoff worthy but we can’t under estimate HOW a HOME CROWD can be the difference here.  I know this team & Org wants it but WE may be the final stat!  RISE UP

 

Let's all meet at the Luke!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Let's all meet at the Luke!!!

The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts!  Together, we can make a difference!!!  RISE UP or forever hold your opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We probably have to win the Division to get in and the way Houston keeps getting lucky every week, it won't probably happen. Chargers and Bengals will get in as Wildcards more than likely. Bengals have the tiebreaker over us and are 5-3 right now. I can still see us finishing 9-7 though and making it interesting. On a side note, there are 12 teams that either have a worse record than us or the same record. We are alot better than people thought we would be. Many picked us to be the worst team in the league and maybe only winning 2-5 games.

Not many on here.  Well, I guess 15 people chose 4-6 wins and 1 had 0-3 wins. 

 

image.png.aa8ece3d778c75c6d5c745bc502c383f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NDcolt said:

The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts!  Together, we can make a difference!!!  RISE UP or forever hold your opinion

 

It's too bad I live sp far away. Would love catching colt games at the Luke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Myles said:

Not many on here.  Well, I guess 15 people chose 4-6 wins and 1 had 0-3 wins. 

 

image.png.aa8ece3d778c75c6d5c745bc502c383f.png

Many in the media had us 2-5 wins. One guy from the USA Today had us going 2-14. Remember that Thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many in the media had us 2-5 wins. One guy from the USA Today had us going 2-14. Remember that Thread. 

Yep.   He was an *, and I think most of us here agreed that he didn't know what he was talking about.    However, at the time, we were not sure Luck would be back for the whole season.   Personally, I thought he would take a couple hits in the first couple games and be out most of the season.    I'm sure glad I wasn't right.  :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 7:10 AM, Myles said:

Not many on here.  Well, I guess 15 people chose 4-6 wins and 1 had 0-3 wins. 

 

image.png.aa8ece3d778c75c6d5c745bc502c383f.png

This is what we colts fans thought our season was going to be. The media on the other hand, had us at 3-13, 4-12 most of the time, one even going as 2-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 1:46 AM, braveheartcolt said:

I think we should all rise up. Just a suggestion. 

That's Atlanta's thing. Remember the Sam L Jackson commercial? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

That's Atlanta's thing. Remember the Sam L Jackson commercial? 

need afc teams to go on epic losing streaks, so far carolina not providing assistance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, NDcolt said:

You saw 1 game with team at 100% that resulted in a 2 score victory on the road,  not impressed?  D def not SB caliber but do you agree the O might be close?  I get the “Not this Season” approach but what do we as fans have to lose by buying in this yr?  I want to see this fully healthy squad down the stretch before signing off for 2019, what do you say?  RISE UP COLT NATION

It was a nice win. But it was against the Raiders. 

 

Now if we were healthy against the Pats, I certainly think that game is a lot different. But I haven't seen them healthy against a quality opponent yet. If we can keep this same energy against the rest of the division, I'll be impressed. I'm sold on Luck, but nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Jags game is the biggest game we have had in a while. If we win the Forum will be :yahoo::banana::excited::lombardi:, if we lose it will be this :hairout::tvsmash::wall::Nuke:. These Emoticons are the funniest thing ever and I am in my mid 40's. I feel like a 13 year old Posting these lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Jags game is the biggest game we have had in a while. If we win the Forum will be :yahoo::banana::excited::lombardi:, if we lose it will be this :hairout::tvsmash::wall::Nuke:. These Emoticons are the funniest thing ever and I am in my mid 40's. I feel like a 13 year old Posting these lmao 

 

babymen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at the second wild card. 

 

Bengals lost, which is good.  Tennessee won, though, unfortunately.  Need to get the head-to-head over Tennessee.

 

Miami is losing.

 

Win next week and it's 1-5 to 5-5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Titans just beat Tommy 34-10, that game may not be as easy as I thought. Should be another tough Division game. They are 5-4 and we are 4-5 = another must win.

 

On a topic such as this one, they are all must wins...

 

And doable. But they are all must wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, colt18 said:

It was a nice win. But it was against the Raiders. 

 

Now if we were healthy against the Pats, I certainly think that game is a lot different. But I haven't seen them healthy against a quality opponent yet. If we can keep this same energy against the rest of the division, I'll be impressed. I'm sold on Luck, but nothing else. 

  How is Colt Nation feeling about this team now?  Are you Sold on Coach Reich?  This Team?  We need EVERYBODY on Sunday to RISE UP once again & show the League WERE BACK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Hope we have a few of those this year vs TN!
    • This is the message board equivalent of a pick 6    
    • They really feel invincible at the highest level of sports, look at any professional sports team in the country, look at their franchise value compared to 10 years ago, even 5 years ago,the values not only go up they go way up, the sorriest franchise of the last 50 years the Clippers sold for over a billion a few years ago, the Clippers, a team you couldn't pay most people to sit and watch for two hours, are worth over a billion!!! Sports franchises can basically do whatever they want, they will never have any competition, so here are the options 1. quit cold turkey, and when people bring up sports, just say I used to watch it before.. or just avoid. drawback-if you had a past addiction, you will have to avoid going out to eat on Sunday, because almost every place has on the game. 2. become a casual fan who only watches if they make the Super Bowl (the I only watch for the halftime and commercials fan)drawback-this one works easier if you are female  3. put all the weekend energy into something else, lakes, crafts & woodwork, R&R, travel,outdoors, family, because there literally is nothing on the TV to watch on the weekends besides live sports. drawback-living in the northern part of the U.S.  4. go to radio/internet only, something I have done in the past, most of the changes will evaporate and it is just about the game& field position, drawbacks-instant replay 5. continue to be a fan, but let them know your opinion, and become an outspoken critic, let them know your displeasure constantly week after week, and when they say "go find another team", or "we don't want you as a fan", don't listen to them, and just articulate your displeasure. If enough people do this, they will listen they will have to, don't believe me, take a look at how many sports franchises change their logo and uniforms and a decade later they add a third jersey, and eventually the classic jersey is back. Brewers, Padres, Astros, Blue Jays, NY Giants, Chargers, Rams,Islanders, Sabres, Capitals, Coyotes, Pistons, 76ers, Warriors, etc drawback-people will avoid you like covid-19
    • I'd actually put Pittman ahead of Taylor due to the situations they are both coming into.
    • My over/under on Mahomes SB wins as a starter is 2.5. He still is young so it is possible he could win 3? Only 12 OB's have won 2 or more as a starter, winning 3 is really tough. Only Brady who has won 6, Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, and Aikman 3 have done so. Peyton didn't get #2 until his final season. Rodgers and Brees still only have 1 and look how great they have been. There are rarity's like Eli and Ben winning 2 but they had great defenses in doing so, Chiefs defense is ok but nowhere near great.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...