Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Johnson

dw49

38 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Anyone other than  me think he has a chance to contribute this year ? 

I think they should make greater effort to get him the football. He's got the size and speed that you like for the position. I've seen him open on more than one occasion but Luck has went else where. Hopefully Luck spends more time with him in practice to get things down.

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

He had a chance to contribute in the eagles game. Dropped an easy pass in the red zone forcing us to kick a field goal at the end of the game.

He did have a bad drop in that game . Drops sure have been brutal in 2018.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

He had a chance to contribute in the eagles game. Dropped an easy pass in the red zone forcing us to kick a field goal at the end of the game.

Also had a big drop on 3rd and 2 in the first drive of OT in the Texans game. Catch the ball before we start talking about contributing. 

• Like 1

Here is how I would use him to contribute.....

Use that 4.3 speed in the slot and run seem routes or deep posts on virtually every play to drag coverage with him. 

That should free up deep crosses and other underneath routes effectively.

Then, on that one time a game they leave him open throw him the deep ball - if he catches it, great, if he doesn't at least they have to respect it.

12 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I thought he had one bad drop this year and I do remember Houston. So I looked at the play by play of the Philly game and I couldn't find where he dropped a pass that ended a drive resulting in a FG. Could you take a look  and see what you find ?

18 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I thought he had one bad drop this year and I do remember Houston. So I looked at the play by play of the Philly game and I couldn't find where he dropped a pass that ended a drive resulting in a FG. Could you take a look  and see what you find ?

Ya I was thinking of the Houston game not the philly game. I just remembered he cost us a close game, but for some reason I thought it was the philly game

Honestly, I like our young receivers. I think they have a lot of potential. There is a pretty big learning curve for rookie wrs. You can't just use athleticism to run away from guys in getting open. They have a lot of things going through their head so that I think they lose focus catching the ball sometimes. I think our young guys will come around by the end of the year. I think a full year in the system and these guys will really start contributing. Pascal, Johnson, Cain....just one of them could break out and combine with Rogers and TY that's a nice core. It sucks to have the drops but it's a learning experience for these young guys. Not everyone comes into the league like Marvin and catches everything thrown their way. I remember Garcon had issues early on and then became a real weapon after a couple years. The raw ability seems to be there....the effort looks good....I'm encouraged. Certainly have some holes at other areas I would address first next offseason. 

8 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I still want to see Fountain out there 

For all the drops by the skids on the team, I really don’t see why you don’t elevate Fountain to the roster and just go with his youth.  That can only greatly benefit the youngster for next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

For all the drops by the skids on the team, I really don’t see why you don’t elevate Fountain to the roster and just go with his youth.  That can only greatly benefit the youngster for next year. 

Could be because he has been running wrong routes and/or hasn't grasped the playbook, thus the coaches fear him becoming a liability on game day.

I can see the point in giving him a few simple routes and go from there, but that truly doesn't help him learn anything but game speed, he would still be behind on the playbook aspect. I am just speculating why the coaches haven't brought him on the field yet. Your guess is good as mine. 

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya I was thinking of the Houston game not the philly game. I just remembered he cost us a close game, but for some reason I thought it was the philly game

I did remember he had 1 really bad drop but also didn't remember which game it was. That's why I agreed with you when you said he had a bad drop in the Philly game. Then when I saw everyone posting about Houston , I checked it as I didn't think he had 2 critical drops. 

With all these dropped balls in the first 5 games , it's pretty hard to remember who dropped what and where it happened ?

• Like 1

Nope. I said it when we picked him up a waste of resource.  All the talent in the world but can't catch and has the worst mistakes when the lights are the brightest. 

Please cut him and put in Fountain.  It's a waste of time to try and salvage anything from this kid.  Makes me sad that I have to trash a longhorn but it is what it is. 

Was listening to the Stephen Holder podcast on Stampede Blue. He says all the reports he's been getting on Reece Fountain indicate he has been getting it done in practice. He was advocating for Reece to be brought up from the PS. Also mentioned Ballard hasn't been too happy about the WRs either. Hopefullythere will be some changes. Probably not possible for both to be brought up but I'd like to see Fountain and Ishmael brought up to be honest.