Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron gave up on the Colts last offensive play

IcyRhythms

I can't believe there weren't more than didn't notice this. He didn't try to catch what seemed to be a somewhat catchable ball. The guy simply said "screw it. we're not going to win anyway. I'll just stop trying now" and called it good. I know he had a decent game, but Ebron also dropped 1 or 2 passes last night. There were a lot of dropped passes, so he definitely wasn't alone. It's just disappointing to watch a player give up on a play because they're thinking "there is no way to come back anyway". If Luck is still in the game, the coaches clearly don't want you to give up on ANY plays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

I can't believe there weren't more than didn't notice this. He didn't try to catch what seemed to be a somewhat catchable ball. The guy simply said "screw it. we're not going to win anyway. I'll just stop trying now" and called it good. I know he had a decent game, but Ebron also dropped 1 or 2 passes last night. There were a lot of dropped passes, so he definitely wasn't alone. It's just disappointing to watch a player give up on a play because they're thinking "there is no way to come back anyway". If Luck is still in the game, the coaches clearly don't want you to give up on ANY plays.

Ebron is a beast 

He is doing what he was signed to do

Not sure why people complain about him...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

umm how did he give up when he caught the last TD???

I may have been talking about another play. Possibly a couple plays before that. Maybe the drive before the TD. Apologies. He still gave up and didn't even try to catch it. 

3 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

I may have been talking about another play. Possibly a couple plays before that. Maybe the drive before the TD. Apologies. He still gave up and didn't even try to catch it. 

I know which play you are talking about.  I don't think he could have made the play, but I was disgusted he didn't try. Lost game or not, I expect 110% effort every play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

i didn't see the full game only the highlights. But i do remember in the first quarter he took his eyes off the ball before catching it but other than that he was fine 

i didn't see the full game only the highlights. But i do remember in the first quarter he took his eyes off the ball before catching it but other than that he was fine 

That play wouldn’t have mattered. He had at least 3 defenders on him and it was 3rd and long 

Oh ok. Well, there was a play in the last moments of the game and he just gave up. He probably couldn't have caught it anyway, but he didn't even try.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ebron had 9 Catches for 105 Yards and 2 TD's. Man some people will create a Thread to complain about anything :facepalm:

And no one is taking that away from him. I'm just pointing out he had a dropped pass and gave up in one of the final moments. This team(IMO)lacks one thing that the Patriots are best at(and a few other teams do well). Discipline. Give up on plays. Penalties out the butt(this is easily our worst problem right now). And we have guys coming off the bench that don't know how to be the next man up in most cases. When the top guys go down, it's time to start making some plays and give it your all. I know we're beat up. I know this team is hurting for talent, but you don't make it to a professional level without being one of the best in the world at what you do. These guys have got to do better.

2 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

And no one is taking that away from him. I'm just pointing out he had a dropped pass and gave up in one of the final moments. This team(IMO)lacks one thing that the Patriots are best at(and a few other teams do well). Discipline. Give up on plays. Penalties out the butt(this is easily our worst problem right now). And we have guys coming off the bench that don't know how to be the next man up in most cases. When the top guys go down, it's time to start making some plays and give it your all. I know we're beat up. I know this team is hurting for talent, but you don't make it to a professional level without being one of the best in the world at what you do. These guys have got to do better.

Fair enough but I thought Ebron was the least of our problems last night. We will get better as the weeks go on, these next 3 weeks will show us alot.

2 minutes ago, Lef said:

You have quotations in your post. Curious how you know what he was saying to himself in the few seconds while the play was going on. Reality is you have no clue what was going through his mind. 

Yeah. You don't say? I can only assume based off of his action, which in fact say a lot more than any word ever could. *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, Lef said:

I think this is an unfair thread. If you think he gave up on a play, fine. But to put forth quotes of what he may be thinking like he said screw it is too much. 

Look at it this way 

The only people that have a say in this matter are the Coaches and Captains/Team

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Ebron wasn't the reason we lost.   He played great.   Our defense and running game has to be better to beat good teams

I didn't say he played horribly and that he was the reason for the loss. There were a number of reasons that happened, just like with the rest of our losses. We had a lot of dropped balls last night. I'm not sure, but it felt like the worst game for drops this season. Someone can correct me on that.

Look, if he gave up on a play, it will be a big wart in the film room and no player wants to look like a slouch on film on the field of play in front of your peers.  If it truly happened, I'm sure he or someone who is responsible for him, will make sure it doesn't again.  He'll be (and already was) disgusted at himself for the drops alone.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Alex22 said:

Ebron is a beast 

He is doing what he was signed to do

Not sure why people complain about him...

Best game of his career last Thursday....

He does drop more than he should.....but he has 5 Tds already, right?

If he grabs 5 more TDs in the next 11 games...its been a good year for him (and us)

On 10/5/2018 at 6:10 PM, IcyRhythms said:

The biggest thing I've seen with him is lack of consistency. He has potential to be very very good though if he ever gets it together. 

Well I personally think Luck gave up on that last play of the Houston game.  I mean, chances are they weren't going to win but he didn't even target a receiver, he just through it up into the air and hoped someone would make a play on it.  I expect better from a team leader.  He was probably thinking, "I've thrown 61 passes already, I don't care if we win or lose, I just need to ice my shoulder."  Obviously that attitude is trickling down to the rest of the team now.

Ebron did have a good game, but I don't expect it to last.   For most of this season, he has looked like the player that Detroit fans warned us about.   Lackluster effort and bad hands.  However, the team needs a big receiver, so he'll get his chances.