Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign RB Jonathan Williams. Waive Jeremy Mcnichols

krunk

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I really like this pick up. Especially with having Rathman to coach him up.

I think it will work out good for us. He's got the ability to be an every down back. He's tough and a good inside runner.

Yeah I like the move and also liked Williams coming out of Arkansas. He's had a strange run in the league. He was expected to be Shadys primary back up in Buffalo. He was a surprise cut. Then this year after a solid preseason in NO. He was expected to see a lot of time as the guy behind Kamra while Ingram was out. Again he was a surprise cut. 

I'm not sure what that's all about but hopefully he gets it straight here. There would seem to be an opportunity for him in our backfield.  Reich wants to use a platoon of backs. His size and speed vs a tired D would be a good match up for us. He did put the ball on the ground a bit at Arkansas but I don't think that's been a NFL issue for him. Maybe something to keep an eye on. 

Some draftniks had him rated as a 2nd round pick in 2016 when was coming out. 

The "highlights" show a good downhill runner with good agility and burst with 4.6 speed.

We shall see what Rathman can do to coach him up.

I liked McNichols too, but he is essentially Hines, and since Hines has started to make plays AND hold onto the ball he became redundant.

Im getting ahead of myself here, but suppose he does well with the opportunity. We'd have to cut one of our backs to keep him here. If he does well maybe you look at cutting Wilkins and stashing him on the PS probably. Im thinking too far ahead but we really need this body type and style of runner in our committee.

19 hours ago, krunk said:

https://www.colts.com/news/roster-moves-colts-sign-rb-jonathan-williams-to-practice-squad-waive-rb-jeremy-m

I like this move.  I really liked J. Williams coming out of Arkansas.  We need a big back with some speed.

I'm with you.  Definitely one of the guys I liked coming out of college.  I never understood why he couldn't stick on a roster, but I was never really able to watch him play.  Now we'll get the chance.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Forgot who but someone from the board was huge on him coming out of college. Said he was better than his teammate Alex Collins who also cane out that year.

That was me, lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, krunk said:

Im getting ahead of myself here, but suppose he does well with the opportunity. We'd have to cut one of our backs to keep him here. If he does well maybe you look at cutting Wilkins and stashing him on the PS probably. Im thinking too far ahead but we really need this body type and style of runner in our committee.

I’d keep Wilkins on the team. It might be Mack that’s in trouble because he can’t stay on the field at all. I’d hate to see it but CB has said, players have to be available for this team or they have to make decisions. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I’d keep Wilkins on the team. It might be Mack that’s in trouble because he can’t stay on the field at all. I’d hate to see it but CB has said, players have to be available for this team or they have to make decisions. 

Wilkins hasn't been here long enough to get hurt. Aint been here but a minute.

• Like 1

I'm interested to see how we use Wilkins in this one. They need to do a better job of establishing consistent run attempts between him Turbin and Hines. Wilkins seems like the type who gets better with more carries. I'd like to see him used similar to how Edge was used. Stretch him to the outside and let him pick his cutback. He's got that same patient style. Like to see some of that angle blocking we did against the redskins also when we ran up the middle.

I really liked William's coming out of Arkansas, even more than Alex Collins. He would have most likely been a mid to high 2nd rd pick if it wasn't for the season ending foot injury, which is one that makes teams really nervous.

If he looks anywhere near his college form, he could be a huge signing for us. I'm excited to get him working with Rathman.