Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Haeg to IR; Jeremy prompted to 53

TKnight24

Sounds a bit like they're hedging bets on Mack coming back this week, by activating McNichols. I actually like this move: let's see what he brings to our running game!

REALLY surprised by the Skai Moore move: hope he makes it back to the PS!

14 hours ago, Cynjin said:

That stinks for Haeg.  I hope his ankle heals faster than mine did when I blew it out.  Although, I am sure high ankle sprain treatments have improved since then.

Unlike an ACL (which is either torn, or isn't) there are levels (grades) of injury in a high ankle sprain.  Unfortunately, non surgical treatment of even low grade ( I or mild II ) injury is at minimum 6 or more weeks recovery/rehab.  If surgical intervention for stabilization is needed, then it could even be several months.

I do not know his injury level, but from (the few) reports I've read it appears they hope non surgical approach will work.  When I hear them mention November for return, I assume they mean mid to late November.  I personally (not knowing anything about his injury level) don't expect him until at least Thanksgiving.  We'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unlike an ACL (which is either torn, or isn't) there are levels (grades) of injury in a high ankle sprain.  Unfortunately, non surgical treatment of even low grade ( I or mild II ) injury is at minimum 6 or more weeks recovery/rehab.  If surgical intervention for stabilization is needed, then it could even be several months.

I do not know his injury level, but from (the few) reports I've read it appears they hope non surgical approach will work.  When I hear them mention November for return, I assume they mean mid to late November.  I personally (not knowing anything about his injury level) don't expect him until at least Thanksgiving.  We'll see.

I just remember blowing out my ankle, they did not do surgery but it still took several months before I could start practicing partially.  Cost me a little more than half of the season.

Interesting thing about when I injured my ankle and you may know this about ankle injuries.  When I was taken to get X-rays, the doctor cut off the tape around my ankle, and in less than 5 secs., my ankle went from normal size to the size of a large grapefruit.  I was in pain at the time, but I still remember how fast my ankle swelled.  In hindsight it may have been better to have left the tape on to keep the swelling from happening. 

16 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Dude if le raven Clark is playing, we are losing! Why is he still on the team?!

You are a bad broken record.

1) Clark playing does not come close to mean they are losing this game.

2) Please share with me a better alternative than Clark at LT right now.

59 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

{snip}

Interesting thing about when I injured my ankle and you may know this about ankle injuries.  When I was taken to get X-rays, the doctor cut off the tape around my ankle, and in less than 5 secs., my ankle went from normal size to the size of a large grapefruit.  I was in pain at the time, but I still remember how fast my ankle swelled.  In hindsight it may have been better to have left the tape on to keep the swelling from happening. 

I'm not diagnosing or pretending to be a physician here, but because of the nature of the joint, and how the Tibia and Fibula are 'joined' to connect to the foot, stabilization is crucial. 

x-ray-image-of-the-leg-1307739-800x350.j

{picture is a lateral and AP X-Ray view of a left ankle}

Possibly he wanted to remove tape to get a true picture of alignment without the tape? Did he or technologist also 'stress' the joint while taking pictures?  The high ankle sprain is a lot more serious than low ankle sprains.

When I hear High Ankle Sprain, I groan internally (for the involved player).  And it is called that because the syndesmotic ligaments hold the Tibia and Fibula together. Not like a typical low (like an often rolled over ankle, which some people get in a basketball game etc...) ankle sprain.  And it takes much longer to recover.  Sometimes surgery is needed to stabilize (and align) the joint before the allowing the ligaments heal. I believe this is in cases of a complete tear, and/or with associated with fracture(s) and pain which runs up into the calf.  I hope yours healed well, and you have complete range of motion and mobility.

21 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm not diagnosing or pretending to be a physician here, but because of the nature of the joint, and how the Tibia and Fibula are 'joined' to connect to the foot, stabilization is crucial. 

x-ray-image-of-the-leg-1307739-800x350.j

{picture is a lateral and AP X-Ray view of a left ankle}

Possibly he wanted to remove tape to get a true picture of alignment without the tape? Did he or technologist also 'stress' the joint while taking pictures?  The high ankle sprain is a lot more serious than low ankle sprains.

When I hear High Ankle Sprain, I groan internally (for the involved player).  And it is called that because the syndesmotic ligaments hold the Tibia and Fibula together. Not like a typical low (like an often rolled over ankle, which some people get in a basketball game etc...) ankle sprain.  And it takes much longer to recover.  Sometimes surgery is needed to stabilize (and align) the joint before the allowing the ligaments heal. I believe this is in cases of a complete tear, and/or with associated with fracture(s) and pain which runs up into the calf.  I hope yours healed well, and you have complete range of motion and mobility.

I don't remember anyone manipulating my ankle during the X-ray, after the wrap was cut off the doctor did move the ankle around a little.  I think he was trying to see if he could feel any breaks or extent of torn ligaments.