Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats vs Lions

Gramz

Yeah we've had this on a bit and then going to bed.

Man the Pats look BAD. 

The funny thing is, my husband and I had tickets for Pats/Colts but we sold them and we agreed instead to end up splurging for opening night Celtics/Sixers now instead. I NEED to see Gordon Hayward's first real intro in Boston.....

I almost feel guilty for giving up those tickets, but I am not sure even what to expect from Pats and Colts anymore.

I think the Pats lack play makers on both sides of the ball, period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Yeah we've had this on a bit and then going to bed.

Man the Pats look BAD. 

The funny thing is, my husband and I had tickets for Pats/Colts but we sold them and we agreed instead to end up splurging for opening night Celtics/Sixers now instead. I NEED to see Gordon Hayward's first real intro in Boston.....

I almost feel guilty for giving up those tickets, but I am not sure even what to expect from Pats and Colts anymore.

I think the Pats lack play makers on both sides of the ball, period.

It's a bizarre season so far,  throughout the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

This feels weird to say, but the New England Patriots are a broke football team right now. Maybe when they get Julian Edelman back that will solve some problems, but right now they just look flat out awful. Sony Michel has been a complete non factor.

Yeah, Edelman will help some...     They're just a mess right now.    It's kinda weird,  as you say.

Guys, the Patriots will be fine. They'll get Edelman back, Gordon will get the magic powers from Belichick and revert to 2013 form, and they'll finish 13-3, get a bad opponent in the Divisional Round, and then win the AFC Championship game.

Still on track to be a banner year for them.

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

On to Bufallo, and 11-5 I'm sure.

My favorite part was the INT. That was straight out of Favre's frustration heave collection. I don't think I've ever seen Brady just heave 1 knowing it would probably get INT'd, while thinking that it didn't matter in the long run.

Pats got the Dolphins next. Then Colts.

Come on boys and girls you know the saying lol on to Bufallo! 

But the Dolphins and Pats before the Pats hit their stride makes it more interesting. The Dolphins look like huge frauds to be honest. They weren't perfect against the team that lost to the Browns or the team that didn't score a TD today. If they win though they're up 3 games on the Pats with a head to head out of the way :woah::woah::woah:. Then the Colts game needs no explanation. 

3 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

So they play Miami next week, is that an L? And then the short week we play them. Do we have a shot? IDK, we'll see soon enough.

This is a must win for the Patriots. If they lose this game at home to the Dolphins, it could be the first time a team could take the AFC East away from them since 2008 when Brady was lost for the season. It was the Dolphins with Chad Pennington that did it then.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

This is a must win for the Patriots. If they lose this game at home to the Dolphins, it could be the first time a team could take the AFC East away from them since 2008 when Brady was lost for the season. It was the Dolphins with Chad Pennington that did it then.

Well I can't bet against Brady. I just can't. I've seen too much to count him out ever. XLIX,

LI & 28-3, 24-0 vs Denver and Manning in 2013, the 1-3 and later 5-5 start in 2001. I can't ever count Brady out ever. Even if they started 1-7 I would say they will come back to get to 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs and win the SB (ok, not really, but you get the point). If there's 1 thing I know about the NFL, it's to never count out Brady. But with that said I hope we beat them and they miss the playoffs and we can all dunk on Pats fans for the first time since 2007 really:goodluck:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Way too early to be calling anything a "must win" in my opinion. If the Dolphins win they have a 3-game lead in the division after 4 games... and yeah, that's a pretty good place to start your season. But I've been watching football long enough to know that what you see in September is almost always a far cry from what you see after Thanksgiving. 

We've seen this (in various forms, and to varying degrees) from the Patriots in a lot of seasons in the near and distant past. If they're still playing like this a month from now, then maybe there's something different about 2018. If that's the case, then they'll be in the thick of things come playoff time.

If it's not, well... it's been a good run. :thmup:  I was around for the worst of it with this franchise, so I'm glad I got to hang around for the best of it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

Way too early to be calling anything a "must win" in my opinion. If the Dolphins win they have a 3-game lead in the division after 4 games... and yeah, that's a pretty good place to start your season. But I've been watching football long enough to know that what you see in September is almost always a far cry from what you see after Thanksgiving. 

We've seen this (in various forms, and to varying degrees) from the Patriots in a lot of seasons in the near and distant past. If they're still playing like this a month from now, then maybe there's something different about 2018. If that's the case, then they'll be in the thick of things come playoff time.

If it's not, well... it's been a good run. :thmup:  I was around for the worst of it with this franchise, so I'm glad I got to hang around for the best of it. 

You know I liked it better when the Pats posters here were trolls.

You are too nice, too well-spoken, and make too much sense for this to be any fun.

At any rate I’ll only count out the Pats when they’re done playing for the season.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

You know I liked it better when the Pats posters here were trolls.

You are too nice, too well-spoken, and make too much sense for this to be any fun.

At any rate I’ll only count out the Pats when they’re done playing for the season.

Ha, thanks man... I appreciate that. 

Lots of doom-and-gloom articles these past two days chronicling the Patriots' slow start. Stats-wise, this is considerably worse than recent years (like in 2014 when they got stomped by KC on that Monday night, leading to the now-infamous "they're done" takes from Dilfer and others). Maybe this is the beginning of the end? We'll have to wait and see I guess. 

• Like 1