Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice 9/6/2018 (Injury Updates)

TKnight24

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-2018-rookie-outlook

Thursday Injury Notes

-Anthony Castonzo remains optimistic that he plays in Week One. The veteran left tackle ramped up his practice activity on Thursday to include some “competitive reps.” Castonzo, who also had a 102 temperature earlier in the week (but is feeling much better on that end), said Thursday’s practiced would be “very big” in determining his availability for Sunday. Castonzo did caution that he must feel totally ready with his right hamstring, after already re-injuring his hamstring one time this offseason. "It’s easier to be smart after last time re-injuring it," Castonzo said on Thursday. "I really want to make sure that doesn't happen (again) because that was a big-time setback. I’m going to make sure that I’m definitely good to go.” Let's monitor this one for another day.

-Marlon Mack was spotted during the team’s Thursday open media session. It was Mack's first practice participation since injuring his hamstring in the preseason opener on Aug. 9. Even if Mack practices the next two days, it still is hard for me to deinitely commit to him playing in Week One. The risk of re-injuring that hamstring would be pretty high, IMO, given all the sudden movements in Mack's game as a runner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Castonzo did caution that he must feel totally ready with his right hamstring, after already re-injuring his hamstring one time this offseason. "It’s easier to be smart after last time re-injuring it," Castonzo said on Thursday. "I really want to make sure that doesn't happen (again) because that was a big-time setback. I’m going to make sure that I’m definitely good to go.”

I have a feeling our tackles will be: Haeg, with either Clark or Webb vs Cincinnati. 

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Can you imagine getting updates on when Denzelle Good was actually available? 

Your phone might buzz once a year.  

I know people are impatient with Good’s injury history. Some of those are just being unlucky.

I want him to get healthy and win that RT spot. I think he could be solid (if he stays healthy).

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I know people are impatient with Good’s injury history. Some of those are just being unlucky.

I want him to get healthy and win that RT spot. I think he could be solid (if he stays healthy).

I don't think it's inpatient. It is more like it is realistic from my seat. He is nearing Mr Glass territory.  Last season he doesn't make it through the first regular season game before hitting the IR. He had surgery on his wrist but comes back off the IR. He plays a month or so and then loses time to a knee injury. He managed to see part of 6 games.

This year a hamstring keeps him out of the first 2 preseason games. That didn't feel like a big deal but he sees his first action in game 3. He doesn't make it 25 snaps before he's out again. He's listed with wrist and knee injuries. I haven't heard much on the injuries but it was a wrist that sent him to the IR and a knee that got him after he returned last season. Hopefully there's no connection. 

I wish the guy was durable because we need him. If nothing else he's at least T depth. It's difficult to have confidence he can stay on the field.  

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I have a feeling our tackles will be: Haeg, with either Clark or Webb vs Cincinnati. 

I’m guessing Clark on the left, Haeg on the right with plenty of three TE sets using Hewitt to help the LT.  

As as long as Luck gets the ball out quick, it may be okay.  

49 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

injury report is looking good, still can't believe we are waiting on Good to get healthy, feels like we have been waiting for him since he was drafted in the 7th round none the less. The coaches and Ballard must see something in him...

I just saw that New England placed their 2nd round pick (Duke Dawson) on IR, & a few weeks ago placed their 1st rounder (Isaiah Wynn) on IR as well.

So draft picks get hurt on all teams, not just the Colts.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, i hope i'm not jinxing anything, but this offseason has really been VERY lucky on the injury front compared to the last 10+ years.

I love me some healthy Good.  I believe he's not only our best RT, but has the ability to be a very solid starter.  Not all-pro,..but effective.  in 6 games he played last year, he made huge strides in his progress.  I'm with everyone else though.  Wish this man could find a way to stay healthy.  (eat better? Yoga? supplements? physical training? something...anything.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Honestly, i hope i'm not jinxing anything, but this offseason has really been VERY lucky on the injury front compared to the last 10+ years.

I love me some healthy Good.  I believe he's not only our best RT, but has the ability to be a very solid starter.  Not all-pro,..but effective.  in 6 games he played last year, he made huge strides in his progress.  I'm with everyone else though.  Wish this man could find a way to stay healthy.  (eat better? Yoga? supplements? physical training? something...anything.)

Anti jinx!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

It's the healthiest a Colts team I can remember heading into week 1 too. I find it interesting that it has been by all accounts the most physical training camp in some time. I don't recall near as many practices in full pads as we've seen with this staff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I’m guessing Clark on the left, Haeg on the right with plenty of three TE sets using Hewitt to help the LT.  

As as long as Luck gets the ball out quick, it may be okay.  

I'm not.  I'm guessing Castonzo on the left, Haeg on the right.

22 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I'm not.  I'm guessing Castonzo on the left, Haeg on the right.

I'm hoping you're right, but I don't want a gimpy AC out there either.  I wouldn't mind Smith on the right side.  He improved every time he played RT.