Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

3 hours ago, w87r said:

GR3 signed 2yr deal with Detroit

Shams Charania: Free agent Glenn Robinson III is finalizing a deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo.

– via TwitterShamsCharania

https://hoopshype.com/social/

Sad to see him go....but with McDermott here. he wasnt going to play.

Glenn was unlucky..Had he been healthy last season, held have played a lot and we'd' have valued him

Hopefully, he'll get another chance in Detroit

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't hate the signing as you can never have too many three point shooters, but we pretty much already have a player just like him in Bog. I'm not sure what he will add more than what we get from Bog. We will see I guess.

He'll back up Bogdonavich....we'll always have a shooter on the floor..like you say.

..and Bogdonavich is at the end of his contract

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He'll back up Bogdonavich....we'll always have a shooter on the floor..like you say.

..and Bogdonavich is at the end of his contract

4 reasons why I like the signing:

1. Like you said we will always have a shooter on the floor (McDermott is a 40% career 3 point shooter) and if Bogey is off, then if McDermott is on it offsets Bogey having a bad day.

2. McDermott is a Chemistry player, he wont disrupt our Great Chemistry.

3. We got him for cheap. 

4. He's only 26.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Golden State is showing interest in Tyreke Evans

Apparently, their general manager used to be Evans' agent..

.but all they have is %5.3 mil..mid-level exception

Im not finding anything that says we're making an offer

I havent seen anything either. I wonder if we just bring Lance back?

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I havent seen anything either. I wonder if we just bring Lance back?

That makes the most sense...Our coaches know him..our players know him

..Lance played every game last season...and he played hard.

We don't make the playoffs without him

He can play 1, 2 or 3....we lack depth at the '3' and we're a little soft without him.

He stands up against Toronto and Cleveland..and those are our key rivals

• Like 2

Yeah I heard about that, even though were plenty of entertaining times in the playoffs Pacers vs Heat/Cavs, ect I'm glad to get him out of the East.  That being said, man the West is much more competitive.  Rockets, Warriors, ect will still be hard teams for him to get past.  On the other hand Pacers should be in contention for the East next year if they continue to progress. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I heard about that, even though were plenty of entertaining times in the playoffs Pacers vs Heat/Cavs, ect I'm glad to get him out of the East.  That being said, man the West is much more competitive.  Rockets, Warriors, ect will still be hard teams for him to get past.  On the other hand Pacers should be in contention for the East next year if they continue to progress. 

East will definitely be the Celtics, Pacers and Sixers to lose. Maybe Toronto but its hard to take them serious until they win something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

East will definitely be the Celtics, Pacers and Sixers to lose. Maybe Toronto but its hard to take them serious until they win something.

Yeah I agree, Celtics will still be the dominate East team but I do feel the Pacers and Sixers as well should be up there.  Yeah the Raptors lol!  They'll win 50+ games and take a dump in the first or second round.  

Now the question is who else will the Lakers get to pair with LBJ?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Pacers also have not won anything.

LeBron going to Los Angeles is good for the Eastern Conference. 

Already sick to my stomach on how many bandwagon Lakers fans there are on social media. Gross. 

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lance to LAL

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1192910/

Shams Charania: Lance Stephenson has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo.

– viaTwitter ShamsCharania

That will be a thing to watch. Ha.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

That will be a thing to watch. Ha.

Yeah, definitely will be interesting. That gives them 3 guys that need the ball in their hand. Makes me wonder what the intentions with Ball are? Maybe he is on the move?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake ruined the best franchise of all-time over the last 5 years. Magic Johnson comes in and in his first year signs a Top 5 player of all-time LOL. Lakers will make the Playoffs now at least. 

.If the trade for Chris Paul (that the NBA blocked) goes through, the Lakers dont go through the down years

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Lance to LAL

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1192910/

Shams Charania: Lance Stephenson has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo.

– viaTwitter ShamsCharania

Is this for real...?  Wow.....Lance and LBJ

4 hours ago, ar7 said:

LeBron to LA

Big winners:

Magic Johnson: He got a star to come to L.A.

Dan Gilbert:   Gilbert can finally own a team where he doesn't pay millions to go over the salary cap and still get blamed for everything that he hasn't done

The Boston Celtics:  Its their turn to get back to the NBA finals

The Toronto Raptors:  They can actually believe they can win the Eastern Conference

Kevin Love:  He can finally stopped being ignored during his team's wins and blamed for their losses.

ESPN: They have a home base in Los Angeles

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Yeah, definitely will be interesting. That gives them 3 guys that need the ball in their hand. Makes me wonder what the intentions with Ball are? Maybe he is on the move?

Unless LBJ changes his game dramatically....Lonzo will play a lot less

..and I dont think you pay a guy 38 mil a year to change his game dramatically

• Like 1

Predictions:  1.) Kyle Korver and JJ Reddick will be traded to the Lakers

2.) ESPN and TNT will cover a total of 'zero' Cavaliers games next year

3.) The 2019 NBA finals will match Houston and Boston

4.) Lance Stephenson will sign a free agent contract in the summer of 2019 to return to the Indiana Pacers

Aaron Gordon was always going back to the Magic and I knew GR3 wouldn't be back. Not too upset about losing Lance either.

Funny how many on here expected LeBron to stay and PG to go to LA and it was the opposite.

I don't think we have enough to sign Tyreke either. We still have a hole at backup SG and maybe backup PF unless TJ Leaf proves he's ready to play this season.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Unless LBJ changes his game dramatically....Lonzo will play a lot less

..and I dont think you pay a guy 38 mil a year to change his game dramatically

They spoke about moving Ball to the Spur.. they denied that.. no way Ball and Lebron can coexist the court lol. Lavar will be complaining the best player in the world controls the ball more than his "boy" 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Aaron Gordon was always going back to the Magic and I knew GR3 wouldn't be back. Not too upset about losing Lance either.

Funny how many on here expected LeBron to stay and PG to go to LA and it was the opposite.

I don't think we have enough to sign Tyreke either. We still have a hole at backup SG and maybe backup PF unless TJ Leaf proves he's ready to play this season.

You did say that about Gordon.......

.......but we'll miss Lance and He'll be back.

In hos time, he only plays well in one city

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Predictions:  1.) Kyle Korver and JJ Reddick will be traded to the Lakers

2.) ESPN and TNT will cover a total of 'zero' Cavaliers games next year

3.) The 2019 NBA finals will match Houston and Boston

4.) Lance Stephenson will sign a free agent contract in the summer of 2019 to return to the Indiana Pacers

..and they wont have to trade for Reddick because he's a free agent

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Makes one wonder if LeBron didn't want PG to go there. Because you know PG wanted too probably pretty badly.

I do not understand what Paul George did.

He told us he left here because he wanted to play in LA and he wanted to win, right?

OKC ..was out in the first round and the Lakers got LeBron...OKC is stuck with Carmelo so they cant add anything but low-cash boys. He knew that. So he still wants to say in OKC where they were the 5th seed...The Pacers were the 5th seed

So maybe he just didnt like our management.? Fine

With LeBron, the Lakers were at least the 3rd best team in the west...  Lance was going to the Lakers.

PG still stays in OKC. I'm confused.  In 3 or 4 years, LeBron will be retired and he can go to L.A.?

Unless he is just very, very comfortable in Russell Westbrooks shadow...and doesnt need to ever get to the finals

If that's it, more power to him...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

So at this time, how much have the Pacers improved or declined?

Currently I don't see them being better than last year.   We'll see what other signing they make.  

Good question...

We basically swapped Lance and Joe Young for Doug McDermott and Aaron Holiday.

...I worry that we're soft..in a physical conference with Boston and Philadelphia

We need somebody like Marcus Smart

Meanwhile..on to the summer league

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

They spoke about moving Ball to the Spur.. they denied that.. no way Ball and Lebron can coexist the court lol. Lavar will be complaining the best player in the world controls the ball more than his "boy" 

That's real/////    The Lakers who are welcoming LBJ may not understand that a couple of them have to turn into Kevin Love and Chris Bosh who had to forget about how good they were and go stand in the corner

....LaVar will be bad mouthing the dominant player of his era....

..and you are 1000% right... Popovich isnt even thinking about trading for Lonzo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I do not understand what Paul George did.

He told us he left here because he wanted to play in LA and he wanted to win, right?

OKC ..was out in the first round and the Lakers got LeBron...OKC is stuck with Carmelo so they cant add anything but low-cash boys. He knew that. So he still wants to say in OKC where they were the 5th seed...The Pacers were the 5th seed

So maybe he just didnt like our management.? Fine

With LeBron, the Lakers were at least the 3rd best team in the west...  Lance was going to the Lakers.

PG still stays in OKC. I'm confused.  In 3 or 4 years, LeBron will be retired and he can go to L.A.?

Unless he is just very, very comfortable in Russell Westbrooks shadow...and doesnt need to ever get to the finals

If that's it, more power to him...

I give PG some credit for staying with OKC.    Good for him.   He'll still be on a competitive team in the NBA West.   The fans will love him, and he won't have to play second fiddle to LeBron.   Another year of PG and Westbrook playing together should provide more stability.   They just need to get rid of Carmello, who they never should have brought in.  

• Thanks 1