Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

You've got that right.....we'd get 30 national TV games.

Seriously..I dont think there's a lot of differnenc between Lonzo and Ben Simmons

they both need a consistent jump shots and Lonzo is closer to having one

They just have to surround him with shooters like Phily did with Ben

I think Simmons is the better player but Lonzo does alot of things well. Jury is still out on Lonzo. if he came here the media would be a circus in Indy.

3 hours ago, ar7 said:

I don't think that Thad returning means the Pacers will not go after Aaron Gordon.

Thad only has one year left and is 30. He isn't going to be here for the long-term. Gordon is only 22. If the Pacers make him an offer it will be to have him be on the 2-3 main players on the team for the next 4+ years.

We might try but I dont think we got enough money now since he opted in 

5 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think it would have mattered anyway. Some team will offer Aaron Gordon the max and the Magic will match it.

Doubt they will match it they declined his option didnt they last year? plus they are in bad shape financially 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think it would have mattered anyway. Some team will offer Aaron Gordon the max and the Magic will match it.

I agree that some team will offer him the max.(isnt it funny how no one connects Gordon with the Lakers?) .but Orlando wont match it

There is talk that the Pacers may sign Doug McDermott, the former Bulls No.1 choice..

He cant do much but shoot but he is a veteran and he wont cost much

4 years in the NBA with 5 teams.....6-foot-8

Lifetime 40% on 3s and 82% on FTs..

But he's a bench player..a wing shooter. He's not going to 'D' up much of anybody

(same thing they said about Bogdonavich)

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

There is talk that the Pacers may sign Doug McDermott, the former Bulls No.1 choice..

He cant do much but shoot but he is a veteran and he wont cost much

4 years in the NBA with 5 teams.....6-foot-8

Lifetime 40% on 3s and 82% on FTs..

But he's a bench player..a wing shooter. He's not going to 'D' up much of anybody

(same thing they said about Bogdonavich)

Yeah I read that about McDermott. I think of him being similar to Bojan Bogdanovic except not as good but maybe i'm missing something? I read that they might have interest in Joe Harris too. I think i'd rather have Harris over McDermott.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

If the twitter tea leaves are correct, it looks like PG will return to OKC.

Hold on...4 years $137 mil.....

I am very surprised........OKC cant get anybody else...unless they waive  Carmelo and stretch his salary out.

what happend to "I always wanted to play for the Lakers' ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

Yeah I read that about McDermott. I think of him being similar to Bojan Bogdanovic except not as good but maybe i'm missing something? I read that they might have interest in Joe Harris too. I think i'd rather have Harris over McDermott.

You're right about McDermott...I dont think he can be the defensive player Bogan turned out to be

Looks like Joe Harris is resigning with the Nets..$16 mil for 2 years

..we need shooters around Vic

37 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm really not a fan of this signing. I hope McDermott surprises me. One plus is just over $7 million a season isn't much in the NBA today.

That is a low-price deal......our 'Kyle Korver'..and this contract is very much like Korvers

McDermott's a good guy.....well liked....I just have never seen him play much 'D'

..and he cant put the ball on the floor effectively..but he's always been a shooter

'Have Gun, Will Travel'

40% 3-point shooter..............4 teams have let him go...but he was the 11 th pick in the draft at one time

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Doubt they will match it they declined his option didnt they last year? plus they are in bad shape financially 

Maybe they decide to move on because of all the salary they have tied up already, however they declined his option after he only had a 12 pt 5 rb season. He just increased to 17 and 8 and is still ascending.

I'm betting on the Magic retaining him.

Turner, Bogdonavich, Young, Collison and Oladipo...

...with Sabonis, McDermott,  TJ Leaf, Cory Joseph and Aaron Holiday  (so far)

..that rotation needs Lance Stephenson...we cant resign him until July 5

Edited by oldunclemark

McDermott is deadly from 3, he will be a solid backup to Bogey. They are similar players. In today's league you cant go wrong with 3 point shooters. More the merrier. He also is only 26 and a Good Chemistry player. Biggest surprise was PG signing a 4 yr deal with OKC, Lakers struck out on that one. 

"Russ is the reason why this decision is becoming even more easier to make, is the character Russ [has]," George said on Wednesday. "A stand-up guy, and he has his teammate's back." 

PG said this back in January. Not surprised at all he is re-signing. 

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Chris Paul..4 years...$160 million (really) with Houston...

.....That's so much money..but the salary cap is going up

How do they sign Capela at this point

They have bird rights on Capela. They can go over the cap to sign him. They'd just have a high luxury tax bill and would only be able to add players using their exceptions.

Ok, I know its been done by someone, but now that FA is amongst us. I want to look at this depth chart and see what us out there.

PG - Collison, Joseph, Holiday, Sumner

SG - Oladipo, McDermott(can play back up 2 or 3)

SF - Bogdonavich, Alize Johnson

PF - Young, Leaf, Poythress

C - Turner, Sabonis, Jefferson, Anigbogu

FA's(own):

Stephenson(hopefully he signs back again)

Young (wont be back)

GR3 (would like to keep if price is right)

Booker(see GR3)

After Doug signing, look to have somewhere around $5-$6m left. Still can free up some I believe?(Jefferson?)

We have both a room/ and bi annual exception. Can use one or the other.

We are deep at PG, C.

We have little depth on the wing, need to bring in/retain multiple players. 

I just feel like there will have to be a trade somewhere to even out roster.

Either:

Collison and Jefferson

Or

Joseph and Jefferson

Wouldn't be all that surprised if thad was moved?

Trade options on the wing? 

And 

FA targets in our cap range?

Who do you guys got?

Few options:

Trade:

TJ Warren(PHX signed Ariza and need a PG)

Wilson Chandler(Denver trying to shed salary and would attach asset to him)

Justise Winslow

Courtney Lee

Mo Harkless

Andrew Wiggins

FA options:

Ellington

Afflalo

What do you guys think?

I believe we will bring GR3 back, hopefully Lance and Booker.

I think the Pacers thought Thad was opting out, so they freed up Lances money. Think they wouldn't of done that if they had a do over, so hopefully they bring him back.

I know a lot of people on Twitter and Reddit have been criticizing the signing, but I think it’s pretty fair. He’s a good off-ball shooter and made 40% of his 3s last season. 

The bench had trouble shooting 3s last year so it addresses a need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

McDermott is deadly from 3, he will be a solid backup to Bogey. They are similar players. In today's league you cant go wrong with 3 point shooters. More the merrier. He also is only 26 and a Good Chemistry player. Biggest surprise was PG signing a 4 yr deal with OKC, Lakers struck out on that one. 

Definitely like bringing Doug in, like you said great 3pt shooter, great chemistry guy. I think his D is better than most think, great basketball IQ as well.

Can back up thw 2 or 3, depending on who else we bring in.

Really hope we can bring in TJ Warren, he should be on the block with the Ariza signing and having Josh Jackson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

I know a lot of people on Twitter and Reddit have been criticizing the signing, but I think it’s pretty fair. He’s a good off-ball shooter and made 40% of his 3s last season. 

I am ok with it, he is a sharp shooter. So when Bogey is off perhaps he will be on so we wont always have to rely on Bogey being hot because sometimes he plays bad. The sexy move isn't always the best. Nobody thought Sabonis would be any good and now we have people that like him better than Turner.

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Exactly...we had a great team makeup for 20 years ago..

........but today...you have to bring multiple shooters of the bench.

McDemott, Leaf..they fill that role...when Vic and Bogdonavich and Collison are sitting

..and its $7 or $8 mil a year....we're paying him bargain bucks

36 minutes ago, MTC said:

Cleveland or Los Angeles.....

..a lot of the guys we want (Evans, Ellington...Aaron Gordon)..are still there.

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

They have bird rights on Capela. They can go over the cap to sign him. They'd just have a high luxury tax bill and would only be able to add players using their exceptions.

But how far over the cap do you want to go?  Capela wont come cheap

3 hours ago, MTC said:

I don't hate the signing as you can never have too many three point shooters, but we pretty much already have a player just like him in Bog. I'm not sure what he will add more than what we get from Bog. We will see I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly...we had a great team makeup for 20 years ago..

........but today...you have to bring multiple shooters of the bench.

McDemott, Leaf..they fill that role...when Vic and Bogdonavich and Collison are sitting

..and its $7 or $8 mil a year....we're paying him bargain bucks

Cleveland or Los Angeles.....

I don't think hes going to LA now that PG isn't going.

• Thanks 1